Apr 16 Fed Cup (First Round), Moscow

May 14 Internazionali BNL d'Italia, Rome - :bounce:

May 28 Roland Garros, Paris

tenn_ace
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
So she'll probably play 16-17 tournaments this year barring any injuries

Nicolás89
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
well expected, mmm no many changes fed cup was confimed i thought that she will play berlin, but well its almost the same:wavey:

ce
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:07 PM
i think she should play berlin,she needs matches on clay,she said she wants to win rg

matthias
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
great Clay-Schedule :lol:

Dexter
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Sensible schedule. But yeah if she thinks more serious about RG she should play one more clay tournament... Warsaw or Berlin.

Adal
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:15 PM
It has already been posted here. Anyway, she just should add some more clay tournaments. Maybe try green clay? It's faster than red clay and as far as I know she has won junior tournament on green clay in Charleston.

FrenchY52
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Don't you know "The Siberian Siren" ?

rjd1111
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Sensible schedule. But yeah if she thinks more serious about RG she should play one more clay tournament... Warsaw or Berlin.

selesfan1
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Really, she should at least add Charleston.

ayusania
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
cool! hope she defends her pacific open title n wins others!

Mina Vagante
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
good shedule- though she should play more clay events

Maria Croft
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I agree, I would also like her to add one more red clay tournament.

Andy.
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
She always plays a very smart and well balanced schedule giving herself plenty of rest and training time.

vogus
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:17 PM
It has already been posted here. Anyway, she just should add some more clay tournaments. Maybe try green clay? It's faster than red clay and as far as I know she has won junior tournament on green clay in Charleston.

Sharapova's team must have something against Amelia and Charlie. She has never even come close to playing either event.

jazar
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:21 PM
without a doubt she should play more clay court events. not only will it help her in her quest to win roland garros, but it will help her with as fitnes, as clay is the toughest and most physical surface

Andy.
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Sharapova's team must have something against Amelia and Charlie. She has never even come close to playing either event.
She played Charlston in 2003. And anyway after she has just played 4 weeks in a row taking that part of the season off is a smart idea.

Shimizu Amon
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Well this year I don't care that much about the clay season. My focus is on the Australian Open and Wimbledon. Perhaps next year she can focus more on the clay. Of course I'm hoping that one day she'll win RG, but it's not a realistic hope I'm afraid ;).

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:01 PM
She played Charlston in 2003. And anyway after she has just played 4 weeks in a row taking that part of the season off is a smart idea.

Unless Russia is playing Fed Cup on clay this is a very meek schedule for someone who considers winning the French Open a reachable goal.
She would get about 10 days off between Miami and Charleston if she makes the final.
Another 5 days between Charleston and FED CUP if she makes the final.
Two weeks off between FED CUP and Rome and a week off between the French Open.
It's not that aggressive of a schedule.
She's going to need to play Justine on clay again before the French Open to understand what she's getting herself into.
If she's not going to play Charleston, she's really advoiding Justine and that's not a great idea.
She'll have a better chance on the faster green clay.

WIMBLY2004
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:13 PM
I would like her to add more red clay tournaments, just don't see the point playing on green clay if her target is RG, green clay is too different a surface to give real preparation for RG.

:inlove:
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Smart schedule. Not too different from last year. I wish she would play Berlin or Antwerp though. :sad: I'm going to both.
Fed Cup. :tape: :lol: I can just see her high fiving Myskina and Dementieva.

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:34 PM
no surprises with her schedule there. pretty much the same as last year's except she didn't play Rome & Fed Cup. well prepared schedule for a player like her at a very young age.

Piotr'ek
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:44 PM
:bigcry:

morningglory
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Clay = injuries!
Smart move... don't play too much on clay...

PLP
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:05 PM

YES!

Masha should add Berlin or Charleston to help her prep for RG! Still, very sensible schedule! :)

PLP
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:09 PM
I would like her to add more red clay tournaments, just don't see the point playing on green clay if her target is RG, green clay is too different a surface to give real preparation for RG.

While that is true, the Green clay is a good in-between surface, it' a Tier 1(charleston) and I think she would have a great chance of winning it. The problem with the Greenclay 'season' is that it is right after IW/Miami so there isn't really time to rest/train for it. Still, I love those 2 tournaments! :)