PDA

View Full Version : Serena playing Hobart doubles too?

dreamgoddess099
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Her name isn't in the doubles draw, but according to this article she is.

After the match, Williams said she was determined to re-establish herself at the top of world tennis.

Williams, who has also entered the doubles in Hobart, will play Czech Lucie Safarova in her next singles match.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21030738-2722,00.html

Craigy
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:44 PM
:confused:

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Well, doubles would certainly give her more practice. That would be good thing.

santhuruu
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I think it's just an error of the article, how many times have we seen articles with errors in it. I think plenty of times.

Nicolás89
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:48 PM
and who would be her partner??
:wavey:

ASP0315
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Serena playing Doubles. :lol: Maybe she was supposed to play but pulled out i guess.

Highlandman
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Uhm, from the field I would only think with Molik,Harkleroad or maybe (!) with Mirza...

Craigy
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Serena playing Doubles. :lol: Maybe she was supposed to play but pulled out i guess.

What's so funny about Serena playing doubles. She's won the doubles Grand Slam :)

Dave.
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I don't think she's playing because her name isn't in the draw. But she really should be playing doubles regularly with Venus. They are too good to not play all the time. Does Serena actually realise how much more she can achieve and that she could put her name right at the top with Navratilova if she worked hard and played more. It would be a HUGE waste if she didn't go for the Boxed Set of Slams.

SerenaSlam
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:28 PM
got to be an error. heck on one of yahoo's articles she is a 6 time slam champ :rolleyes:

ASP0315
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:51 PM
What's so funny about Serena playing doubles. She's won the doubles Grand Slam :)

Yes. I know. with her sister Venus Williams.(not once a lot of times.). Plus i didn't forget Olympics Gold Medals they won. But she has not played doubles since June 2003 and decided to concentrate on Singles. So it would be funny to think she will play doubles again. Singles is her top priority.

Craigy
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Yes. I know. with her sister Venus Williams.(not once a lot of times.). Plus i didn't forget Olympics Gold Medals they won. But she has not played doubles since June 2003 and decided to concentrate on Singles. So it would be funny to think she will play doubles again. Singles is her top priority.
Ok :)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I think now if any time serena needs to play doubles to get more matches under her belt and get in great shape. Unfortunately she hasnt since 2003