PDA

View Full Version : Martina Losing Against Jankovic Made Me Remember.....

Nicolás89
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:10 PM
When she lost against an upcoming miss vee in sydney 98 in the openner round also in three sets, after venus made a great run in the us open (like jankovic)

so do you think that this litle coincident shows that jelena will make a similar carrer with venus, maybe winning a us open or two??:wavey:

tenn_ace
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:13 PM
got to be kidding us, right?

Nicolás89
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:15 PM
got to be kidding us, right?

yes im kidding

:p :wavey:

Ferosh
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Jelena Jankovic will win a slam this year.

GQGuy1
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:25 PM

I'll say Elena will win before Jelena Jankovic she is to occupied on trying to be the next Anna K which is funny:lol: .

tenn_ace
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I'll say Elena will win before Jelena Jankovic she is to occupied on trying to be the next Anna K which is funny:lol: .

nah... wouldn't work.

Elena didn't beat Martina in the first round of Sydney after having a good run at the previous US Open.

ce
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:35 PM

jelena isnt occupied on trying to be anna.You cant compare these two.jelena is much better player,and is only modeling when she has time,not like anna:tape:

tenn_ace
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
jelena isnt occupied on trying to be anna.You cant compare these two.jelena is much better player,and is only modeling when she has time,not like anna:tape:

maybe better, but much better :rolleyes: :p :bs:

ce
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:58 PM
maybe better, but much better :rolleyes: :p :bs:

she is much better.you have to face it.she has won 2 titles,anna 0.maybe anna is better doubles player,but thats not enough.:(

Tenis Srbija
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:02 PM
JJ will win GS this year or 2008. that's for sure! She has showed that she can beat anyone, so I'm confident she can do very much!!!! :worship:

Just keep it rocking Janky!!! :banana:

Trying to become new Anna K??? What a fuck... Are you sure that you folks aren't on wrong thread :rolleyes:

Ferosh
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:05 PM
JJ will win GS this year or 2008. that's for sure! She has showed that she can beat anyone, so I'm confident she can do very much!!!! :worship:

:woohoo: C'mon Jelena, prove them wrong!

Trying to become new Anna K??? What a fuck... Are you sure that you folks aren't on wrong thread :rolleyes:

They're obviously feeling threatened by Jelena's prospects. :lol:

Wayn77
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:14 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Jankovic = The Real Deal:banana: :rocker:

Piotr'ek
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I'll say Elena will win before Jelena Jankovic .

No way, wake up.

ce
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:18 PM

:worship: :worship:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:18 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Jankovic = The Real Deal:banana: :rocker:

;)

P.S. I adore all players in yours sig! Well not all, maybe not Amelie :rolleyes: But I've heard from ours players that she is really cool and good girl... :)

Wayn77
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:22 PM
;)

P.S. I adore all players in yours sig! Well not all, maybe not Amelie :rolleyes: But I've heard from ours players that she is really cool and good girl... :)
well ... that makes us buddies then. Come on JJ! :yeah: :hatoff:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:39 PM
:lol:

That's right :hatoff:

maxomax
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I also think Jelena will win a Gran Slam title soon! I hope it will be this year :D

Mina Vagante
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
i dont think she'll win a grand slam in her career though a consistent SF or F

:inlove:
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM
she is much better.you have to face it.she has won 2 titles,anna 0.maybe anna is better doubles player,but thats not enough.:(

Have you seen Kournikova play then? Or are you just basing this on statistics? :o Kournikova was a very talented singles AND doubles player. I'm not saying Anna is better, but that is an awful argument - especially seeing as Jelena's two titles have been Tier IVs.

ayusania
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM
well maybe i guess she has the potencial to win a grandslam n guess dats us open...

jenny161185
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM
hingis won oz in 98 so hopefully ;)

LUIS9
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Have you seen Kournikova play then? Or are you just basing this on statistics? :o Kournikova was a very talented singles AND doubles player. I'm not saying Anna is better, but that is an awful argument - especially seeing as Jelena's two titles have been Tier IVs.

Exacty the younger fans who actually did not have the opportunity to watch Kournikova play at her best really haven't seen what a really good player she was. She had very sound strokes, but at one point they became too erratic with the rest of her game and especially her serve; which ultimately with the injuries really took her out of the game. There were times when it was because of Anna that Hingis won some of those titles they won. She carried the team when either Hingis wasn't playing up to her doubles supremacy standards or too tired from playing singles, Anna actually carried the team through.

Anna had great volleys and awesome hands at net, Anna rarely missed a smash and she was a great mover on the court. Her serve was average never the biggest of weapons but she held her ground on the serve. She was bound to be very successful at wimbledon because her flat strokes, excellent movent and great volleys suited the grass courts and vice versa.

I really disagree when people just put Anna down for just the mere fact of putting her down, yeah she was no Steffi Graf or anything close to that (as so few will ever be); nonetheless, she was a great player and if you get a chance or a hold of her matches from 1997-early 1999 or mid 99 you'l see why she was a wimbledon semifinalist, a multiple doubles slam winner and a top ten player.

BTW, I am not trying to diminish Jankovics game or talent, I happen to love her backhand as I love two-handers, Hingis' and Venus are my favorites, and on the mens side Safins and Nalbandians I love this backhand it's so smooth and lethal a la Venus bckhnd.

V-MAC
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:14 PM

I don't think she'll win one this year but next year.....

gmak
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:25 PM
not a fan of Jelena (yet) but she definitely has GS potential in her

top10 coming soon....

LindsRox!
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:38 PM
This is ridicolous. Jankovci will not win a Slam anywhere in the near future. She cannot and will not beat the likes of Martina, kim, Justine, Mauresmo, Sharapova and The Williams sisters in consecutive matches.

Ferosh
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:46 PM
This is ridicolous. Jankovci will not win a Slam anywhere in the near future. She cannot and will not beat the likes of Martina, kim, Justine, Mauresmo, Sharapova and The Williams sisters in consecutive matches.

The only thing that is utterly ridiculous is people like you who are blinded to her current form and success. She beat three top 10 players consecutively at the USO last year. Do I even need to mention that one of those players was a previous US Open champ and another was a previous runner-up? Just let go of your prejudices against her, and accept that fact that she is and will be a major threat at every slam this year.

I<3Myskina
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hmm, don't think Jankovic will win a slam this year, maybe a tier I or so, but I think she has the potential to win a slam, probs US Open in 2008 or 2009.

Hingiswinsthis
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:59 PM
I'm actually a fan of Jelena Jankovic as well. She has a very nice game and after seeing her upset Venus at last year's Wimbledon...it wouldn't surprise me if she won a slam within the next two years (maybe here in Australia or French Open). She's a very strong girl and fights like there's no tomorrow. She reminds of Capriati actually. Not to mention, she's sexy as well :-)

She's definitely the new Sandrine Testud on the tour, no one wants to face her in their draws, if they do then they should expect a fight to the end! The better player won yesterday and Jelena is on a roll :-).

ce
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:34 PM

ok,i watched anna play against venus in miami(only 3.set),and dokic in san diego.i wasnt impressed by her game,and play.if these two would meet in their best days,i think that jankovic would beat her.but thats my opinion;)

austennis
Jan 9th, 2007, 01:23 AM
How does jankovic model shes not even hot... ?

Reuchlin
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:21 AM
Jelena needs to stop playing so much.

Tenis Srbija
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:24 AM
That's true.
But she is feeling good, and playing great. So I can understand her...

Still less tournaments Janky...please :)

go hingis
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Does that mean Martina will win the Aussie Open, I'll take that.

Natash.
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:57 AM
ok,i watched anna play against venus in miami(only 3.set),and dokic in san diego.i wasnt impressed by her game,and play.if these two would meet in their best days,i think that jankovic would beat her.but thats my opinion;)

Did you watch Anna beat Lindsay Davenport in Miami that same year? Besides, Kournikova had already made the semifinals of a slam at 16. :9

I think both of them are very talented but to diminish Anna's game just because she doesn't have a title is silly.

Dexter
Jan 9th, 2007, 04:04 AM
I wouldn't mind at all. :)

ce
Jan 9th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Did you watch Anna beat Lindsay Davenport in Miami that same year? Besides, Kournikova had already made the semifinals of a slam at 16. :9

I think both of them are very talented but to diminish Anna's game just because she doesn't have a title is silly.

i didnt diminished anna's game:o ,i just said that jankovic to me is better player.please read:rolleyes:

new-york
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:06 AM

definitely. Anna's early results definitely tell that she could have become big.

grats Jelena, though, she will gain a lot of points after that no show last year before Rome.

ViennaCalling
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Jelena rulez :hearts: :dance:

And Kournikova had a good game - she wasn't an average player ;)

ASV_FAN
Jan 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM
I think HingisWinsThis described it really well calling her the new Testud. Never gonna win a slam but no-one wants to play her cuz they know they'll get pushed right to the hilt!

LUIS9
Jan 9th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I think HingisWinsThis described it really well calling her the new Testud. Never gonna win a slam but no-one wants to play her cuz they know they'll get pushed right to the hilt!

On this note, it was so fun having Sandrine Testud on tour. I think the tour needs a player like Testud, hovering in the top 15 (11-15) Well she went as high as number 9 I believe. She always fought the top players with teeth and nails. Even Serena had her share of scares against Testud, that was very surprising. She almost always brought the best out in Hingis, always taking her to a third set but Hingis would refuse to lose to Testud.

Testud, Schett and Huber are players very much missed on tour. Pennetta would come to mind but she's too streaky and inconsistent to be considered at the same level as the above. Testud's serve was surprisingly big, she once cracked it at 114mph, for a rather short looking 5 feet eight inches tall gal it's pretty amazing.

charmedRic
Jan 9th, 2007, 09:53 PM
eekers.

Buitenzorg
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Janka is possibly to win GS title ;)

Nicolás89
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:07 PM
you cant argue that annak was more tallented than janko, just that anna wasted all of it:sad: