PDA

View Full Version : Does any present or past Wta Player wear make-ups on their face during their match?

Brett.
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:15 AM
I was watching Jelena Jankovic vs Martina Hingis today. I can see that she is wearing make-up during that match. And also the way she clear her sweats off her face with a towel! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Any other players who ever does it? :) Suggestions please!

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Well of course she wears it. When she doesn't, she looks like an ogre :tape:

LeRoy.
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:22 AM
i was about to say JJ but yeah she really needs it and even with the make up she doesn't look all that good to me :o

Frode
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:23 AM

Thats a bit harsh, don't You think?

Brett.
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:24 AM

:lol: I find it funny when Jelena wears make up during the match! :tape:

Brett.
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:30 AM
What about Serena Williams or Venus? I think they do! :tape:

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:38 AM
What about Serena Williams or Venus? I think they do! :tape:

i think sometimes they do but not all the time

Declan
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Chris Evert used to in the Seventies; Sue Barker did too -and BettyAnn Stuart Dent (Taylor's Mum). And Andrea Temesvari in the Eighties.

Brett.
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Do you think its useless to wear them? I think it is!

rocksania
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:06 AM
:lol: I find it funny when Jelena wears make up during the match! :tape:

JJ looks aweful even with make up...

Lulu.
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Thats a bit harsh, don't You think?

Truth hurts. Jankovic looks bad with or with out make up

K-Dog
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:35 AM
I know that Serena does. She def. wore a lot at the 2004 USO. I really never see Venus wear any, except at the 2005 USO.

GrandSlam05
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Kim started wearing it in 2006. I definitely noticed it at 2006 Wimbledon when she played Justine.
I don't know why someone would wear it in Australia though. It's just too damn hot!

K-Dog
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Yeah, make up in Australia is kinda silly. It is SO damn hot and the sunlight is so direct. Really no point.

banana
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:51 AM
How is it silly to wear makeup in Australia? almost all women wear make up no matter wear they live, and as for it being too hot in Australia, how would you even know? have u ever been to Australia????

Hachiko
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:56 AM
I think Kirilenko does.

GrandSlam05
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:58 AM
How is it silly to wear makeup in Australia? almost all women wear make up no matter wear they live, and as for it being too hot in Australia, how would you even know? have u ever been to Australia????
:rolleyes: :lol:
I don't mean "wearing makeup in general". I mean "wearing it while playing tennis".

K-Dog
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:01 AM

I was referring to playing professional tennis in Australia. Geez. Jump all over me why don't you. I'll be more specific next time I post in a tennis forum about female players wearing make-up on-court. Prick.

banana
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:07 AM
I think that where they play tennis is irrelevant. I would assume that female tennis players get quite sweaty when they play tennis regardless of where they play, it's not like they wont sweat at all if they play in a mild climate!

K-Dog
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I think that where they play tennis is irrelevant. I would assume that female tennis players get quite sweaty when they play tennis regardless of where they play, it's not like they wont sweat at all if they play in a mild climate!

Make-up gets gross in hot climates. And really it isn't about the temp, it is about the sunlight. There are like no other places on Earth that get as direct sunlight as Melbourne does.

banana
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Make-up gets gross in hot climates. And really it isn't about the temp, it is about the sunlight. There are like no other places on Earth that get as direct sunlight as Melbourne does.

The players are currnetly in Sydney and Hobart, not Melbourne.:rolleyes: :tape: I have been to Melbourne, and the sunlight is no different than anywhere else in Australia that I have visited!

dreamgoddess099
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Venus and Serena were spoke models for Avon cosmetics, they started wearing it on court to showcase the waterproof products during matches. There really is no better endorsement for makeup than seeing how well it works even on females that run and sweat.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:53 AM
yeah jankovic wears it, alicia molik does sometimes and sharpova does sometimes as well

banana
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:02 AM

By the way, I hope the direct sunlight didnt melt ur make up & ur face last time u were in Melbourne!!:tape: :help: :lol:

PerfectForm
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Im not sure but I thought Golovin wore makeup during the hopman cup. At least eye-liner if Im not wrong.

SpankMe
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:09 AM
And Andrea Temesvari in the Eighties.
She was notorious (quote from lots of 80's era players) for spending ages applying her make up before she played.

i was about to say JJ but yeah she really needs it and even with the make up she doesn't look all that good to me :o
that from a gay man????!!!! :tape: :(

All women look terrible with make up on :p

Inspiration
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah I was gonna say I thought Golovin wore makeup at the Hopman Cup.

Im not sure but I thought Golovin wore makeup during the hopman cup. At least eye-liner if Im not wrong.

Привет
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Not quite right. Melbourne is known for having "four seasons in one day", but that doesn't mean it has the most sunlight. If you want sunlight in Australia you head to Queensland, or Northern Territory, but Queensland has beaches :cool:

And as for women wearing makeup in sport, it's such a turn off! Even when girls in my mixed team wear makeup it annoys me, it's so stupid. They are there to play sport and work hard and kick arse, not look pretty!

Fantastic
Jan 8th, 2007, 03:38 PM
At the 1991 Australian Open, Steffi Graf decided to spruce up her image after being criticised for being colourless and boring. She was 22 and hadn't really experimented much with makeup and dressing up. In her QF match against Jana Novotna, she decided to wear some mascara and eyeshadow to show people that she wasn't colourless or boring. She looked great for about 10 seconds. It was a humid day that day and she reached for the towel almost from the second game onwards. Most of the mascara and eyeshadow had ended up on her towel by halfway through the first set. She even took a "comfort break" to go wash it off later on in the match. She never really wore eyeshadow again, but she did try the mascara again. She learned her lesson, at least - waterproof makeup!

Back in 1990, a young Mexican qualifier by the name of Angelica Gavaldon marched all the way to the QF, but it wasn't only her tennis that was grabbing the headlines. It was also her gigantic hooped earrings on her already-tiny head and body, her reported superstitions for burning clothes after losing matches when she played in them, and her oncourt makeup. She wore foundation, concealer, mascara and lipstick. She didn't really continue the entire facial makeup routine, but she kept the lipstick - it became her trademark.

VenusMashaROCK
Jan 8th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Truth hurts. Jankovic looks bad with or with out make uppot kettle back:lol:

lilimi
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:01 PM
omg venusmasharock, your avatar ....:haha::haha::haha:make up can't do miracles...:unsure:

VenusMashaROCK
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM
lmao

ce
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Truth hurts. Jankovic looks bad with or with out make up

:mad: :sad: :fiery: :( :tape: :help: :topic:

Nicolás89
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:08 PM
serena was wearing make up against capriati in roland garros 04:wavey:

Brett.
Jan 10th, 2007, 01:47 AM
:mad: :sad: :fiery: :( :tape: :help: :topic:

Its your problem, not him/her! ;)

Dominic
Jan 10th, 2007, 03:51 AM

:rolleyes: Jelena looks great and shes way more feminine than about 90% of the girls in the wta. Anyway kim sometimes wears makup oncourt, she did in the rogers cup 2005. Serena also does, sometimes. I think kournikova also did.

Tenis Srbija
Jan 10th, 2007, 03:57 AM
I know JJ is wearing (but not all the times) and Ivanović is putting lipstick sometimes...
I see nothing bad in it?

Almoust every player is putting something on. :shrug:

Brett.
Jan 10th, 2007, 05:53 AM
:rolleyes: Jelena looks great and shes way more feminine than about 90% of the girls in the wta. Anyway kim sometimes wears makup oncourt, she did in the rogers cup 2005. Serena also does, sometimes. I think kournikova also did.

No she doesn't! She looks masculine with make-ups on her face! :smash: :smash:

dreamgoddess099
Jan 10th, 2007, 06:17 AM
A lot of these players were makeup off court and want to wear it on court too. No biggie.

Berlin_Calling
Jan 10th, 2007, 06:26 AM
i love Masha but she should wear some concealer on court to cover up her acne :o

MatchpointPRT
Jan 10th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Capriat...

MatchpointPRT
Jan 10th, 2007, 05:18 PM
-Capriati...
-Rita Kuti Kis

Sugar_Kane
Jan 10th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I don't know why Jelena bothers she's a lost cause she looks just as awful in makeup as she looks out of it.

FrenchY52
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Yes Tati often wears eye liner

FrenchY52
Jan 10th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Kutis-Kis as someone said :eek:
http://villanyember.ifrance.com/kuti1.jpg

Привет
Jan 10th, 2007, 11:28 PM
i love Masha but she should wear some concealer on court to cover up her acne :o

Not making some attempt to desperately defend Maria's honour :o
But most people have had or are going to have acne, I don't think there's any reason to try and cover it up. Unless it's a serious case where the person's self esteem is drastically affected, makeup really isn't necessary on the court.

Corswandt
Jan 10th, 2007, 11:36 PM

Not wearing makeup is part of her act - the glamour girl who is all business once she steps on court.

Slumpsova
Jan 10th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Sharapova always wears make up on the night session.

Brett.
Jan 11th, 2007, 12:36 AM
I never seen Maria's acne before! How can make-up really help your acne? :lol:

Привет
Jan 11th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I never seen Maria's acne before! How can make-up really help your acne? :lol:

I think Chrispy meant that it would hide her acne, not help it...

austennis
Jan 11th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Lol dont worry im a guy but i think its far to hot 2 wear it Aus.. lately in melbourne its been so hot that you start to sweat no matter how little physical work you are doing.. if you were playing tennis you would be wet!!

bellascarlett
Jan 11th, 2007, 01:06 AM

Sometimes when I watch her, especially for a Night session (US Open), I feel she should apply even just concealer just to even out her skin...but that's my vanity coming out because in reality, in their sport and being the champion that she is, who really cares???

And truthfully, this is what I love about Maria - with all the glamour and attention thrown her way, her main priority out there is not to be the beauty queen but the queen of the courts. As someone said, she's all business. She's there to play, not look pretty.

That being said, I am of the opinion that Maria doesn't wear makeup on the court like some have stated, most especially during night sessions when the bright court lights make her skin more unflattering on tv.

Привет
Jan 11th, 2007, 01:10 AM
I agree bellascarlett, I don't think Maria wears makeup on court.

Only a few players can get away with wearing makeup I think, and I mean noticeable makeup. Serena did it at the French Open the year she wore those bright pink outfits, she wore pink eyeshadow and it was blatantly obvious. Most other players should just keep makeup for off court activities.

DutchieGirl
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Krajicek wears waterproof mascara...but that's all. She won't wear any other make up, because as people said... it's gonna sweat off anyway.

*Jool*
Jan 11th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Temesvari , Kuti Kis , and maybe other Hungarians wore black eye-liner if not more :p

And Gavaldon wore makeup too - she was so pale... a la Amy Frazier...

davidmario
Jan 11th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Clisters wore makeup in her match against Li. You could see bits of it on her top^^

Ceze
Jan 11th, 2007, 03:05 PM
is it James who inspired you to create this thread? (not that he wears make-up but for his comment in the other thread in non tennis? :lol: )

vanillalatte
Jan 11th, 2007, 03:54 PM
i don't see why someone should wear make up during a tennis match or any other sport. It's not about looking pretty there, if you ask me. :confused:
But everyone should do it the way they like it.. :)

Karolina_Sprem
Jan 12th, 2007, 12:00 AM
What about Mary Pierce. In her early 20s she used to put A LOT...
scaaaaaaaary...

Brett.
Jan 12th, 2007, 01:10 AM
is it James who inspired you to create this thread? (not that he wears make-up but for his comment in the other thread in non tennis? :lol: )

:lol: No I didn't see his comment to create this thread! It was my idea to create it after I saw Jelena Jankovic played against Martina Hingis - You can tell that she wore too much make-ups! :lol:

Leo_DFP
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:42 AM
JCap definitely wore it at times! It looked silly on her.