PDA

View Full Version : How I Met Mary

piercerocks
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:35 AM
well.. i'm new here so i wanted to introduce myself by sharing how i met mary!:D

It all started at the US Open 2005.. i usually go every year to the tournament so i was very excited to see that mary was playing on the day i got tickets.

i've been a fan of mary since i watched her play anke huber in the 90's

i went to have lunch at the US Open club but when i got there i saw that mary was playing so i scrambled away to see her.

she was playing katarina srebotnik at louis armstrong stadium, and she was totally kicking butt.

we had really good seats, and mary was playing excellent

after the match, everyone ran to the front get her autographs. i tried.. sticking my USTA member hat out.. but there were too many people in front of me so i couldnt get close.

mary was very nice (as usual) and signed everyones autograph that was in the front, she even tossed her towels into the stands!!

i felt very upset and disappointed that i couldnt get there in time for an autograph:sad:.

but then.. the person i was with decided to go to the back of the stadium to see if we could catch her there.

i was waiting for her with a few other mary fans.. we talked about how much we liked her. it took her a while to get back there and i was very nervous that she wouldnt come.. but a few minutes after srebotnik left.. there was mary!!

mary was smiling and seemed so happy after the win. first, the other mary fans asked to take a picture with her.

mary said of course and hugged them! i thought that was so nice!!

i was so nervous and i could barely get the strength to talk

then, i asked her if she could sign my hat and she said yes

then i told her she was my favorite player and she thanked me

my friend took a picture of her signing my hat

as she walked away some of the other mary fans shouted "you made his day!"
and i shouted "thank you so much!!"

mary smiled and waved at us

for the rest of the day i was so giddy and happy that i finally met mary! it was such a dream come true!!

then later next week i saw her beat dementieva.. it was amazing!

mary is such a kind a caring person, i was so glad that i got to meet her.

i truly hope she comes back stronger than ever :worship:

cakiteror
Jan 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM
nice read!
thank you for posting it!
nice to have many MARY pierce fans here!

MistyGrey
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Great read! I can imagine how good u must've felt!

Declan
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I know how you feel, piercerocks. I met Mary at Eastbourne in 2002. I wouldn't normally approach any player, even my lifetime favourite, but I couldn't help it on the spur of the moment as Mary walked past alone following a practice with Nathalie Dechy. She stopped to chat for a few minutes, and my friend took a photo of us together. I think she truly does appreciate the support she gets from all her fans. I was annoyed with myself for not having taken down my copy of Mary's French autobiography that I'd bought in the grounds the previous year, as it would have been great to have asked her to sign it, but the book stall seller later told me that she'd tried to buy up all the copies of the book that he had as she didn't like it, so I was then glad that I'd not miffed her!!

Inspiration
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Wow. You guys are so lucky to have met Mary. Unfortunately I missed most of her career as I only began following tennis these last few years but she did provide me with some warming memories in 2005.

Lu_Weird
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Great Story, if Mary won't in Beijing in 2008, I will never have chance to meet her my life

squig2k
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Great Story, if Mary won't in Beijing in 2008, I will never have chance to meet her my life

Unless Mary plays Tier 2 Beijing 07 :)

squig2k
Jan 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM

Unless Mary plays Tier 2 Beijing 07 :)

saby
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
it's great to know that Mary is treating her fans the same way eveywhere in the world.

Declan did you read her biography? this book sucks i understand why Mary doesn't like it.:rolleyes:

Fire_Fox
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Great story! You are really lucky men.

It`s my dream to see her, but I think it`s imposible for me.

Sund7101
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks piererocks and welcome, it's always nice to have Mary fans.

Inspiration
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:56 AM
I will never get to see Mary :sobbing:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 10th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Wonderfull story:D :bounce:

piercerocks
Jan 10th, 2007, 09:26 PM
thank you!
and i'm sure you will all be able to meet her one day : ) !

vanillalatte
Jan 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM
nice story :)

Mark Spruce
Jan 15th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Thank you so much !!!!!!!!

Mary is the best and welcome !!!!!!!

stefi62
Jan 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM
The question is: Is there someone in the world who can say that Mary was not nice to him/her when he/she talked to her? She seems to be so nice all the time... :worship:

Mark Spruce
Jan 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM
NO

The question is: Is there someone in the world who can say that Mary was not nice to him/her when he/she talked to her? She seems to be so nice all the time... :worship:

saby
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:58 PM
NO

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Mark Spruce
Jan 15th, 2007, 06:46 PM
I love it when I can make you laugh:wavey:

Hope to hear from you

Mark
:haha: :haha: :haha:

suffer well
Jan 28th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I never met her personally but I seen her play twice at Wimbledon. Would loved to have met Mary.

ScottP53
Jan 28th, 2007, 06:04 PM
That was a very nice story. I hope that one day I will get to see Mary play live and meet her.