PDA

View Full Version : Aussies -Channel 7 make me ANGRY!

Привет
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:03 AM
I know they had bad weather and everything, but how could they not show the Vaidisova/Hantuchova match?? :confused: This is clearly the best first round here, yet they leave just as it starts so that the loyal followers of "According to Jim" reruns can be satisfied. This is the one time of year that Australians with no pay-tv can watch tennis in Australia. They showed the Guccione match which was fine, but then they came back and showed Na Li playing Francesca Schiavone :confused: I guess I should be angry with the weather more so than Channel 7, but it is really aggravating me that I didn't get to watch this match because of, as I said before, "According to Jim" reruns. This show is bad enough the first time round, let alone watching reruns of it :o They should have stayed with the tennis until the news or something that really needed to be broadcast came on. Channel 7 :rolleyes:

So Disrespectful
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:09 AM
I was very mad too. The 10 or so days of actual tennis we get each year always seem to be bad ones. I was happy when I saw that Daniela was going to be on tv, but then the weather had to spoil it. Not to mention that the awful match ups always go to three sets, or the winner starts choking :rolleyes:

No Daniela, no Anna-Lena= CRAP :mad:

martin white
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:14 AM
yeah i agree! pretty poor coverage!i was sure channel 7's coverage the last few years went till at least 530.im lucky my folks have fox[not that sydney is on fox but,channel 7 seems to get worse each year:tape: and critics complain about the lack of depth and top100 players in australia,cover the few events we do have here a bit better!

Alicia Rocks
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Channel 7 :help:

Привет
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Honestly I was so pissed about it! Fair enough they had to cover Chris's final, and he did an awesome job in his first ATP final, but seriously, Li vs Schiavone. And they didn't even show the completed match, so when they returned to it when it was into the second set, it was obvious that it was recorded and they were just replaying it. I could even see Nicole's yellow dress on court behind Johanna as she was leaving :( So they could have at least showed the start of Nicole/Daniela's match instead of showing a few games of Li/Schiavone and then leaving before the match was even finished. :rolleyes: NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

krystlel
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah, channel 7 always do that. When there's not enough time for a complete match, they show one that's already finished. Personally, I don't know what I'd prefer, since if I watched part of a live match, it might annoy me when they stop their coverage. I was annoyed yesterday when they stopped their coverage while the Johansson-Djokovic match was still going.

Ben.
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:45 AM
yeah i'm a bit disappointed with channel seven as well too. plus the thing that really suxs is that they don't show the twilight/night sessions live (except the finals) & they just delay them until 10pm at night which i think is just riduculous cause they show some other crap tv shows.

channel seven :help:

krystlel
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Finals are delayed too, I think. It starts at 9:30.

Привет
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:54 AM
I think that Australian Open is done well, just the Sydney tournament sucks! And as soon as Kooyong starts they will show every single bloody match!
---
Just noticed that Kooyong isn't on the ATP Calendar, is it not going anymore?
---
Anyway to be honest I would have been happy with the coverage today, if only they had shown Nicole and Daniela, this is far greater a first round then Li and Schiavone, even if Francesca was the defending finalist.

Ben.
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:55 AM
yeah i agree! pretty poor coverage!i was sure channel 7's coverage the last few years went till at least 530.

well look at the tv guide for tomorrow & even tuesday, wednesday, thursday & friday cause guess what time the coverage goes till (finishes) - 5:00pm where they show M.A.S.H & Deal or No Deal between 5:00pm-6:00pm & i mean ppl only get to see tennis in australia once a year & i mean you can see M.A.S.H. & Deal or No Deal another time for gods sake.

this is just pathetic from channel seven :p

MyskinaManiac
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Joeanna Griggs pains me too... She's effing everywhere, Im waiting for her to pop out of the bloody toilet when I pull the lid up.

Channel seven need to pull their finger out. There's seriously no point on paying that much money for something they're going to show so little of. And come on, the Adelaide event is so lame... I actually think that the ABC have the best tennis coverage, they have the masters for the men, Hopmen Cup and have previously picked up the French Open highlights when channel 9 ditched it completely.

Ben.
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:57 AM
I think that Australian Open is done well, just the Sydney tournament sucks!

agree with you there!

Привет
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Joeanna Griggs pains me too... She's effing everywhere, Im waiting for her to pop out of the bloody toilet when I pull the lid up.

Channel seven need to pull their finger out. There's seriously no point on paying that much money for something they're going to show so little of. And come on, the Adelaide event is so lame... I actually think that the ABC have the best tennis coverage, they have the masters for the men, Hopmen Cup and have previously picked up the French Open highlights when channel 9 ditched it completely.

Johanna sure does get around! :lol:
I haven't noticed French Open highlights for a few years, I think that was a one off. The Adelaide event had an Aussie guy in the final, who wasn't *shock*horror* Lleyton Hewitt, so they had to show that, only God knows how long it will be before an Australian man reaches the final of anything.

miss_molik
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Yeah, i'm hoping they will do better during the week. Even though it won't matter because i will be out there, but hopefull they will atleast show the good matches. Not showing hantuchova vs. vaidisova was a big no-no

Josh.
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:36 AM
oh this gave me this shits!! i come home from work expecting to see some good tennis, i turn on the telly and what do i see .. the big serving gooch!! they said it like every 5 minuets!!:O i was looking foward to the dani v nicole match (dispite the one sided scoreline :p) but no they had to show the last 4 games of the li v francesca match..
channel 7 needs :help:

martin white
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:38 AM
sadly guys this is the way it is now! remember the non stop tennis action 7 did actually cover mid 90's? oh those glory days! thing of the past now! when you consider what was shown back then,very lame effort now! channel 7:rolleyes: :help:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:42 AM
no surprises from channel 7 unless its hewiit they will stop it

Ben.
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:45 AM
no surprises from channel 7 unless its hewiit they will stop it

:lol: true. if it's another aussie like alicia then i don't mind.

Huntress555
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I pretty much hate the Tennis Coverage in Australia full-stop, simply because its not enough for me haha.
Aus Open coverage is usally pretty good.
But its stuff like this that annoys me, they dont show enough Tennie.
Im lucky I have paytv now so that I can watch more Tennis, but I still get angry!

Mattographer
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:15 AM
What do you expect? :shrug:

wolfgang
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:26 PM
---
Just noticed that Kooyong isn't on the ATP Calendar, is it not going anymore?
---

Kooyong is an exhibition.

Marcus1979
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:38 PM
maybe I am the only one who doesn't like any of channel 7s Tennis Coverage

I always thought that channel 9 did it 100 times better

have u guys forgotten the way channel 7 treated us viewers with contempt last aussie open where they would show shamless plugins for other channel 7 shows in the middle of matches i.e a player makes a winner and up would come the adverts from channel 7

Ben.
Jan 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
have u guys forgotten the way channel 7 treated us viewers with contempt last aussie open where they would show shamless plugins for other channel 7 shows in the middle of matches i.e a player makes a winner and up would come the adverts from channel 7

oh yeah, now that was annoying :lol: i mean who would give a friggin care in the world bout some show when they can advertise it when the next ad-break come out.

Привет
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Yes the adverts that incorporated tennis calls and umpiring, they weren't that bad :lol: Some where quite entertaining. I need some entertainment while I'm watching Federer blast another inferior opponent off the court in straight sets.

Sunny_Boy
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:39 PM
:lol:
I was actually thinking the exact same yesterday.
They also start the coverage an hour late so they can show cartoons :help:

Hayato
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Channel 7 needs some work done on the tennis coverage. I hate that scoreboard it's so ugly- the colours and font and they always get it wrong. I shouldn't have to avoid looking at the scoreboard just because it's so ugly. It's also wrong a lot of the time, for example at the Gold Coast Final, after the first point of the match played for some bizarre reason it said 7-6 to Hingis. I counted how many times it stuffed up and it was around 7 or 8 times the whole match, not to mention it took almost until the next point to update. Also Joanna Griggs annoys the hell out of me for some reason :lol: John Alexander doesn't know a thing about women's tennis, you can tell he only cares about the ATP. Not to mention all the constant advertisements which we seem to see more than the actual tennis! lol maybe i'm exaggerating just a little, and I guess the coverage is a lot better than none at all.

Martian Stacey
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:05 PM
:lol: I'm glad I went to the tennis yesterday instead of putting up with the channel 7 coverage :p

Mackers
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:15 PM
hey, could any of you nice aussies .. please please record the hingis - jankovic match and upload it please:)
thankkks

Hachiko
Jan 8th, 2007, 01:10 AM
I hate Channel 7. There are so many adverts and interruptions in the matches, which is so off-putting.

Привет
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Chevina you are from Australia? Yes the amount of ad breaks is painful! The Gold Coast final was even worse than Sydney! It was awful, I was taping the match and had to stop so often coz I didn't want the ads.

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:39 AM
The Gold Coast final was even worse than Sydney! It was awful, I was taping the match and had to stop so often coz I didn't want the ads.

yeah me too!

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:41 AM
plus they are not gonna show the women's final live i just realised now :( it friggin suxs :rolleyes:

Привет
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Doesn't really bother me. If you don't find out who wins it doesn't really matter. That's not that big of a deal, just stay off the internet and don't listen to any news broadcasts :shrug:

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:46 AM
John Alexander doesn't know a thing about women's tennis, you can tell he only cares about the ATP.

yeah i don't like him commentating women's matches. he said he was surprised that hingis didn't convert enough break pts against safina when they covered the gold coast final & clearly we all know that safina is a difficult opponent, duh :p

john alexander still thinks that hingis is in her glory days but that's long gone & things have changed in women's tennis since. plus i don't like it when he kisses hewitt's arse :rolleyes:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:47 AM
plus they are not gonna show the women's final live i just realised now :( it friggin suxs :rolleyes:

They're not? :eek:

Pff, it's not surprising though. If it were the mens final or any Australian man playing, they'd show it live.

Marcus1979
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:47 AM
remember the Final a few years ago where Kim beat Davenport

where the Final was not shown due to mens final and doubles taking most the days coverrage up (the year that Lee def Carlo Ferrero)

or they cut it short or something

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Doesn't really bother me. If you don't find out who wins it doesn't really matter. That's not that big of a deal, just stay off the internet and don't listen to any news broadcasts :shrug:

yeah i suppose but i'm tempted to look at live scores or watching it off live streaming or whatever cause when i watch it delayed without the use of live updates etc it just doesn't feel the same for me.

Привет
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:50 AM
yeah i don't like him commentating women's matches. he said he was surprised that hingis didn't convert enough break pts against safina when they covered the gold coast final & clearly we all know that safina is a difficult opponent, duh :p

john alexander still thinks that hingis is in her glory days but that's long gone & things have changed in women's tennis since. plus i don't like it when he kisses hewitt's arse :rolleyes:

I really don't enjoy his commentating. I agree he does think Hingis is still ruling tennis, and it's appalling. I hate when he is commentating her matches, he glorifies her so much!

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:53 AM
They're not? :eek:

Pff, it's not surprising though. If it were the mens final or any Australian man playing, they'd show it live.

yes, but only if you live in australia & have channel 7. is the live streaming for sydney gonna be shown from channel 7?

Marcus1979
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM
while we are bagging Channel 7

look at how Joanna Griggs says Justine

Joose-teen

Mattographer
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:54 AM
remember the Final a few years ago where Kim beat Davenport

where the Final was not shown due to mens final and doubles taking most the days coverrage up (the year that Lee def Carlo Ferrero)

or they cut it short or something
That was on Saturday and it was live. The finals has changed to Friday since last year.

Mattographer
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:56 AM
yes, but only if you live in australia & have channel 7. is the live streaming for sydney gonna be shown from channel 7?
For the women's final match? No, it's delayed tape.

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I really don't enjoy his commentating. I agree he does think Hingis is still ruling tennis, and it's appalling. I hate when he is commentating her matches, he glorifies her so much!

yeah. would rather todd woodbridge replace him :) unless you gotta another person you can come up with.

Marcus1979
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:00 AM
McEnroe or Jim COurier I like how they commentate ;)

unless I am only one :lol:

Can't stand Bruce he is worst of em all :lol:

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM
any other commentators who are bad from channel 7? :lol:

Marcus1979
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM
now u mention it Liz Smylie or something ;)

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Kerryn Pratt's probably the only decent commentator out of all of them for channel 7, she's actually pretty good :yeah:
but i don't mind john barrett - english commentator (he knows a lot bout the women's game) & allan stone commentating as well too for channel 7.

Marcus1979
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Wally Massur commentates for Foxtel

but he may as well be sitting in Hewitts section as he is so biased.

and the way he talks on womens game is so negative

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Wally Massur commentates for Foxtel

but he may as well be sitting in Hewitts section as he is so biased.

and the way he talks on womens game is so negative

not surprised :lol:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Ugh, Wally Masur would have to be one of the worst too.

Just before the women's matches at the Hopman Cup started, he'd always find a way to talk about Hewitt, or any other ATP player. :rolleyes:

I find Josh Eagle to be one of the best commentators. :yeah:

krystlel
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Hmm, I find Kerryn Pratt to be the worst of them all by far. While some of the others might be biased, I can't stand Kerryn Pratt repeating the same old stories over and over again, and she doesn't add much insight into the matches either.

Ben.
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Ugh, Wally Masur would have to be one of the worst too.

Just before the women's matches at the Hopman Cup started, he'd always find a way to talk about Hewitt, or any other ATP player. :rolleyes:

I find Josh Eagle to be one of the best commentators. :yeah:

yeah :lol: hate any commentator that keeps on blabing bout hewitt constantly. it's just irritating to hear :rolleyes:

and yes josh eagle is a good comentator :yeah: