PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams Pic at Hobart Practice Yesterday 1/6/07

stkenyi
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:59 AM
I can't tell how fit she is? :fiery: But Oracene is laying down the law :worship:

http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,21022589-921,00.html

supergrunt
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:02 AM
thanks... the link on the bottom does not work :sad:

urock34
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:02 AM
i cant tell either it looks like she has a diff racquet tho

Brooklyn90
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:03 AM
thanks!!! Serena actually looks good in that pic :)

urock34
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:03 AM
or no just kidding thats a babolat

urock34
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:04 AM
heres wat the link says
AMERICAN tennis star Serena Williams -- on the comeback trail after knee surgery -- has long wanted to play in Hobart.

And not even persistent rain could dampen her upbeat mood about the Moorilla Hobart International at the Domain in preparation for her tilt at the Australian Open in Melbourne.

She kept herself sharp yesterday with an hour-long practice session with her Turkish hitting partner Boris Ergun at the Parsons Indoor Sports Centre at East Moonah, her mother Oracene acting as the ball girl.

"I've never been here before, but I heard Hobart was a really pretty place and I said, `Wow, I'd love to come' and here I am," Williams said.

"I'm feeling really good and I think I'm hitting the ball pretty solid."

Williams, 25, is optimistic she can regain her mantle as the world's top female player.

"Absolutely. There's no doubt about it," she said.

"It's just a matter of time. I'm definitely on my way.

"It would be awesome if I could add Hobart to the list of tournaments that I've won."

The former world number one and seven-time Grand Slam winner said it was always good to have a title under her belt -- especially coming off a long break for injury which saw her WTA ranking plunge from 11 in 2005 to 95 at the end of last year.

Despite the rain, Williams believes the Domain's Rebound Ace courts will help her game when they dry out.

"The courts are super fast and they can only help me," she said.

"If they were slow it would be a problem."

See today's Sunday Tasmanian for the Moorilla Hobart International tennis draw.

hablo
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:06 AM
I bet Serena was listening attentively.
Looks like her mom was fed up about something! :lol:

delicatecutter
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I hope Serena looks good!! I'm excited to see her playing this event!

Sund7101
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:08 AM
thanks!!! Serena actually looks good in that pic :)

I agree, I think Serena looks in better shape there then she did the last time she played at the US Open.

urock34
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:10 AM
thanks... the link on the bottom does not work :sad:
its just the same pic as in the article

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:10 AM
She looks better in that pic...I wonder what racquet she'll be using? :scratch: I hope she got rid of the snow shoe :rolleyes:

urock34
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:14 AM
i hope its the npower that racquet looks so sweet and it looks like it kinda mathces up with her racquet she has now just with a smaller head. its only 105

Brooklyn90
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:28 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/pacomexican/serenaoracene12.jpg

MyskinaManiac
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Goodluck Serena... Im glad she's coming back at a lower event... at least she'll get a few matches under her belt.

winone23
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:07 AM
she looks good!

tae04
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Serena looks good to me.

.Andrew.
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Serena :) :D

GQGuy1
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:29 AM
She looks ok, but I think everyone had high hopes that Serena would be in better shape. She looks like she did at the US Open 06.

supergrunt
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:33 AM
She looks ok, but I think everyone had high hopes that Serena would be in better shape. She looks like she did at the US Open 06.

She looked good their to me! :D

serenafan08
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:39 AM

A pic of her sitting down is not a good standard to judge her by. When we see some action shots of her hitting the ball and running, then we can judge how she looks now versus the US Open.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:43 AM
I can't tell what shape she is in by the pic , but that guy next to her has his beer belly hangin all out :drink: :spit:

darrinbaker00
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:54 AM
One hour? She only hit for ONE HOUR? That's not going to get it done.

Derek.
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:55 AM
She looks to be an ok shape.

Not the greatest, but she should be able to make a nice run in Melbourne.

supergrunt
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:01 AM

I was thinking that.. but then again she has to be careful with her knee..

Morrissey
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Serena looks very fit she definitely is back in shape.

darrinbaker00
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:20 AM
I was thinking that.. but then again she has to be careful with her knee..
Either Serena's left knee is fit or it isn't, and if she can play on it, then she can practice on it.

Drake1980
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:24 AM
very cool! Can't wait to see how she does!

eugreene2
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Either Serena's left knee is fit or it isn't, and if she can play on it, then she can practice on it.

This has been my thing. You almost want to think they need better doctors after all this time (that's if it's the knee)

One hour won't get it done. At the US Open, I saw the 2 best men players (Fed & Nadal) practice for 3-4 hours. SERIOUS BIZNESS!

southpaw58
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:40 AM
hahaa I thought Mama Oracene was Serena and First and I lost my breath! haha. But then I saw Serena. Hope she has a new racquet and can do well here @ Hobart.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:59 AM
This has been my thing. You almost want to think they need better doctors after all this time (that's if it's the knee)

One hour won't get it done. At the US Open, I saw the 2 best men players (Fed & Nadal) practice for 3-4 hours. SERIOUS BIZNESS!

@ Rod Laver, Fed only hit for 30 mintues on Thursday :eek: I hope he's not injured :rolleyes:

Paialii
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:04 AM
I haven't looked at when her first match is- is it Monday? If so, that's not too far off for her. It's actually better not to overpractice that close to a match, especially if she's hitting solid (meaning she's been practicing lately). Your mentality takes over too much then and wants to perfect everything too much.

We'll just see how she plays on Monday (or whenever...)

(Edit: And I'm a little surprised at the lack of improvement fitness wise, but I'll hold final judgment for match pictures/video)

-Terra

supergrunt
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Is this being shown is Australia?

Brooklyn90
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:11 AM

i belive so.

Bremen
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:16 AM
I hope Serena does well here...a title is maybe too much to ask but at least a semi would please me.

supergrunt
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:17 AM
i belive so.

Is anyone in here from Australia? :D

LucasArg
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:17 AM
She looks good to me.

Her first match will be the key. She has a decent draw to begin with.

Best of luck Serena!!! :wavey:

darrinbaker00
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:30 AM
@ Rod Laver, Fed only hit for 30 mintues on Thursday :eek: I hope he's not injured :rolleyes:
Roger Federer can get away with it. Serena Williams can't.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:12 AM
says who? He has a new racquet...he can't rest on his laurels...he needs to be on top of his game. This isn't Wimbledon. ;)

Chance
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:23 AM

unfortunately no it isn't. Good luck Serena. Can't wait to see her playing in the AO.:D

Lulu.
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:42 PM
She looks good

volta
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:47 PM
omg please tell me that she got rid of that frying pan and got a new Raquet :hearts:

Craigy
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:49 PM

But she is still worried about her knee and doens't want to put too much work on it. An injury before the tournament starts is all she would need! :rolleyes:

The Dawntreader
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:03 PM
She looks in fine fettle to me:D

Obviously cant tell that much by that grainy pic, but she doesnt look bad at all:)

Go Serena!:bounce:

martina83
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:16 PM
she does seem to have a new racquet...if you look closely it is between her legs and it looks and black and blueish, but its hard to really see it. I guess we will have to wait until her match tomorrow to see what she is really using and what she is wearing and what kind of shape she is in! OH I CANT WAIT!!!:) :bounce:

Craigy
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:19 PM
she does seem to have a new racquet...if you look closely it is between her legs and it looks and black and blueish, but its hard to really see it. I guess we will have to wait until her match tomorrow to see what she is really using and what she is wearing and what kind of shape she is in! OH I CANT WAIT!!!:) :bounce:

Yes I noticed that too!! I hope she has a new one!!!

davidmario
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:34 PM
her arms look thin:eek:

but what about her legs?

hotandspicey
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I was wondering how you could get confused, then I looked at your avatar and signature, and I understood. You don't really know what a Grand Slam Champion looks like, do you?

That's ok. Serena's the one sitting down in yellow.;)

ouch!! :haha: :haha:

volta
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:12 PM
her arms look thin:eek:

but what about her legs?

thats the prob. as someone said on a thread not that long ago her legs have been the prob. she aint as fast now she tends to get late on getting the balls when they get a bit of an angle.

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/pacomexican/serenaoracene12.jpg

Uh-oh.

As mild-mannered as Oracene is, its kinda funny to see her laying down the law to Serena.

Oracene's past comments about Serena's game were always on the mark, even though they weren't always positive. She's a realist and I respect her honesty.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM
thats the prob. as someone said on a thread not that long ago her legs have been the prob. she aint as fast now she tends to get late on getting the balls when they get a bit of an angle. Hopefully w/ some good match practice in Hobart she should be fine. Honestly, the problem is the solution in this sitation. The more she works and uses her legs, the toner and stronger they'll be, so she'll be fine as long as she keeps playing :wavey:

volta
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Hopefully w/ some good match practice in Hobart she should be fine. Honestly, the problem is the solution in this sitation. The more she works and uses her legs, the toner and stronger they'll be, so she'll be fine as long as she keeps playing :wavey:

true true. its just that u cant stop but go :eek: when u compare her speed on 2k5 for example to her speed now she is slower but i guess that she's just afraid of her knee. good thing is that she is starting to jump higher on her servers wich is good

Craigy
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:22 PM
true true. its just that u cant stop but go :eek: when u compare her speed on 2k5 for example to her speed now she is slower but i guess that she's just afraid of her knee. good thing is that she is starting to jump higher on her servers wich is good

And now when she gets to the ball, she is thinking, and doing something. in 2005 she would just try and get the ball back. Now on the run she will use more options :banana:

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM
yeah. I hope by the clay season, she's back to normal speed. I mean think about it, she hasn't played 3 seasons worth of tennis w/o an injury break since end 2004- AI 2005 :eek: So we'll see what she can do playing for more than 12 weeks w/o a w/d because of injury.

volta
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:28 PM
And now when she gets to the ball, she is thinking, and doing something. in 2005 she would just try and get the ball back. Now on the run she will use more options :banana:

yeah . i just think that she needs to not be afraid of the knee and start running like she used 2 :banana: but then again shes the one that knows on how her knee is so :o :lol:

volta
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:31 PM
yeah. I hope by the clay season, she's back to normal speed. I mean think about it, she hasn't played 3 seasons worth of tennis w/o an injury break since end 2004- AI 2005 :eek: So we'll see what she can do playing for more than 12 weeks w/o a w/d because of injury.
she doesnt play RG for like 2 years now :lol:

yeah injury free is a start for her and her sis.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:35 PM

I was FREAKING out when I was thinking about that. The last she played RG was the Jen match in '04. Hopefully she can play this year. She's the best American on clay by FAR.

Mina Vagante
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:36 PM

:sad: yeh i miss serena at RG

Mina Vagante
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I was FREAKING out when I was thinking about that. The last she played RG was the Jen match in '04. Hopefully she can play this year. She's the best American on clay by FAR.

yeh but let's face it, americans don't exactly have the best record on clay

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I know :sad: Serena sliding = :drool: I hope she can be back this year

volta
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:41 PM

yeah and Vee lawd Vee could have a RG trophy by now specially on 2k4 :o

Mina Vagante
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:44 PM
lol yeh i miss serena at RG

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:45 PM
yeah and Vee lawd Vee could have a RG trophy by now specially on 2k4 :o
Seriously, that tourney was on a PLATTER for her :lol: oh well...hopefully she gets one befores she hangs it up for good :yeah:

volta
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:46 PM
lol yeh i miss serena at RG

i miss her point :lol:

Mina Vagante
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Seriously, that tourney was on a PLATTER for her :lol: oh well...hopefully she gets one befores she hangs it up for good :yeah:

:eek: let's not talk about retirement i dont need my day ruining, when that day comes i'll deal wit it, she still around another 5 years left in her

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:00 PM
oh no, she's got @ LEAST a good 6 years in her at LEAST

40-0
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Oh yeah didnt she practice at home?

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:09 PM
who Vee or Ree?

auntie janie
Jan 7th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Ha, that's a great pic. You go, Oracene! :rocker2:

henmanhill
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:46 PM
I love the idea of Oracene acting as a ball girl.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 8th, 2007, 12:05 AM
I love the idea of Oracene there cracking the whip on Ree! :bounce:

Brooklyn90
Jan 8th, 2007, 12:09 AM
anymore pics of Serena training?

venusfan
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Serena is at least 20 pounds away from where she should be.

Paneru
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Serena is at least 20 pounds away from where she should be.

Question: What do you care? ;)

Why is this has been even on your mind
let alone your radar? :cool:

sunset
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:23 AM
I can't tell how fit she is? :fiery: But Oracene is laying down the law :worship:

http://www.news.com.au/mercury/story/0,22884,21022589-921,00.html

Serena wearing all black and standing up like that really looks out of shape.

Lulu.
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:34 AM

:rolls: I was wondering when you'd show up

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:36 AM

Well Oracene told her that next time she played Jelena, she's gonna beat that ass :yeah:

mykarma
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Damn Darrin, you're never satisfied. :help:

mykarma
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:29 AM
hahaa I thought Mama Oracene was Serena and First and I lost my breath! haha. But then I saw Serena. Hope she has a new racquet and can do well here @ Hobart.
:haha::haha::haha: