PDA

View Full Version : Hobart Quali1: Nakamura d. Keothavong 61 76 (4)

soccerjock
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Rain finally over. Nakamura completes win.

:sad: Keothavong i thought you were gonna make a comeback there!

Nakamura broke for 6-5 and served for the match but Keothavong broke back! But then a DF at 3-4 in tiebreak :mad:

Pengwin
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Anne :weirdo: :fiery:

Nicolas
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Aiko :worship:

Paul.
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:53 PM
i really thought anne was going to make a comeback - she was down a break 4 times in the second set and even stopped aiko from serving for the match. when play restarted, aiko couldnt even get a first serve in! :eek:

what was with all the footfaults though?! and anne double faulted at really crucial times :sad: i can kinda forgive that though because she did hit 2 aces :banana: they were both after play restarted.

good luck in aussie open qualies anne and congratulations aiko :)

Geertvg
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Yay! Go Aiko! :)

Craigy
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:08 PM
:(

Escape
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Anne :sad:

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
:sad:

Europe rocks
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Anne, what are we going to do with you? You get back in the second and then the opportunity is blown. Carl, Nigel and the rest of the team are going to have their work cut out, unless you can pull of a Bally at the Aussie Open and then stay healthy and play sensible tournaments i.e. not tier 1 clay events and not $25,000 hard court events :smash:

Viktymise
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM
:sad: but Anne fought hard, i hope she qualifies for Aus :sad:

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Anne, what are we going to do with you? You get back in the second and then the opportunity is blown. Carl, Nigel and the rest of the team are going to have their work cut out, unless you can pull of a Bally at the Aussie Open and then stay healthy and play sensible tournaments i.e. not tier 1 clay events and not $25,000 hard court events :smash:

Anne needs to sort out the serve! It seems like its a mental issue when she plays tour events. Obviously the serve is going to be returned faster and placed better but you need to give yourself a chance by getting it in the box. In Perlov all the reports seem to suggest her serve was booming down, she just needs to relax because she has the game.

I wrote this on gbtennisgirls yesterday and I think its so true!

Keothavong reminds me of Farina Elia in a sense. Unlike Baltacha - Anne can hit winners when she needs to, she relies more on technique on in nerves situation the first thing that goes is technique. As we have seen with the likes of Farina Elia and schiavone etc in nerve situation

Highlandman
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Congrats :)

Now against EDINA :p

pcrtennis
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Nice Aiko!

I've always wondered why Keothavong has not done better. She's really solid, I saw her up close beat Stosur a couple years ago and I was very impressed.

Farina Elia Fan
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Nice Aiko!

I've always wondered why Keothavong has not done better. She's really solid, I saw her up close beat Stosur a couple years ago and I was very impressed.

she had a career threating injury a couple of years ago similar to Pierce's I believe and to be honest hasnt been the same since. Before the injury she won a round at Wimbledon and was leading Sharapova by a break the year she won Wimbledon before the rain delay and didnt win another game lol.

She has a nice game but at tour level she crumbles yet she beats the same players at $25ks :confused:

Wintermute
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:49 PM
She has a nice game but at tour level she crumbles yet she beats the same players at $25ks :confused:

It doesn't seem very encouraging for her prospects in Aussie Open qualies.
I hope she does well anyway but I wouldn't be surprised at another first round exit.

Ellery
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Anne :sad:

Well done Aiko :yeah:

martin white
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:54 AM
good win aiko!:) good luck in the next round!:kiss: go aiko!

Harju.
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Aiko :yeah:
The Japanese are winning this week LOL.

Anne :sad: :hug:
Tough luck. Good luck @ AO.

-sugi-
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Aiko :yippee: Good win :smooch: