PDA

View Full Version : Tati Rocks Sydney!

rseto
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:33 AM
Sydney. The Rocks. :lol: You'll have to know the city to get it. :)

Anyway, the draw is out and tati is probably in the toughest section of a tough draw.

Mauresmo vs. Bye
Golovin vs. Q
Zvonareva vs. Stosur
Jankovic vs. Hingis

it's amelie 1st match of the year so maybe she's rusty but i'm more concerned with the Q. i just hope tati can win that 1st match.

selyoink
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Tati better beat the qualifier. Then she needs to at least play Mauresmo tough. But any wins after the first round are a bonus.

yukon145
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:01 AM
good luck Tati!

.:sk:.
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:51 AM
It will be a hard tournament. Beating a qualifier shouldn't be a problem, but then Mauresmo...

Good luck Tati!!!

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:08 AM
First round should be an easy one but I don't know what to expext in match against Amelie. I heard that she's in great form so I wouldn't be so sure that it's her first match and she can be rusty etc. We'll see soon how it will all look like ;)

Fired
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Not a bad draw at all (could have been worse). Allez Tatiana try your best! :D

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:24 AM
she could have a tough 1st round the qualy draw is good but im confident she will get by and we can hope she does what ana did last year and thats pummell her

orfeus
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Well if she's really serious about entering the top 10 (or even establishing herself there), she'd better learn how to beat more than just one top ten player per tourney...and get rid of her quitting attitude too of course...

Magic07
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Easy first round for Tati I hope, but it will be hard to beat Momo. GO TATI :bounce:

FrenchY52
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Easy first round for Tati I hope, but it will be hard to beat Momo. GO TATI :bounce:

But in the qualifyin draw there are many good players.. Hopefully she'll win her 1st round and maybe she'll have a chance against Momowho can be rusty as you said and even if she isn't, Tati is able to win! Good luck Tati com'on !

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:23 PM
we all believe she can beat momo lets just hope she can bring it

Zombielicious
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Good luck Tati!
:worship:

XCoco
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:32 PM
The first round looks easy, she should not have problem... The second round is stronger but Tatiana can do it ;) .

Good Luck Tatiana ! :bounce:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:44 PM
imagine if tati won her 1st title here that would be something

Harju.
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:29 PM
LMAO @ the draw.

Momo, Hingis, JJ, Bepa and Sammy in her quarter. :tape:
At least her first round match is easy. And she'd better win if she ever wants to reach top 10 because reaching SF in two or three tournaments in a year doesn't cut it anymore.

martirogi
Jan 6th, 2007, 05:17 PM
she's gonna take out qualifer and momo and jankovic :dance:

HTE
Jan 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM
talk about a sucky draw, but good luck Tati anyway :)

Zombielicious
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:08 PM
imagine if tati won her 1st title here that would be something
That would be amazing. :hearts:

FrenchY52
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:10 PM
That would be amazing. :hearts:

Keep on dreaming :p :D

Craigy
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:04 PM
What is up with this Sydney draw. It's like a Grand Slam :lol:

wurzelman
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Good luck Tati. Please never give up.

Jan 7th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Shuai Peng (CHN) is her opponent in the first round. They'll play on Monday, 11:00 am (Sydney time) on Court 2!

https://www.clubsonline.com.au/club/customcategory/attachments/080107.pdf

Tati's bilance against Peng is bad: 0-2 (2003 Jackson, MS and 2005 Strasbourg):rolleyes:

But now Tati is better than in the last matches against Peng - i hope...

So good luck Tati!!!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:06 AM
its been over 18 months since they last played she should beat her

FrenchY52
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Peng isn't the easiest opponent she could have but she should make it..

Craigy
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I think she will win. She will be too good for Peng :banana:

Harju.
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:31 PM
vs Pengy :scared:
I'd be in the office secretly cheering for Tati. Good luck :tape:

yukon145
Jan 7th, 2007, 03:34 PM
damn Peng, i was hoping Tati would play Ai again.

Peng is very hot and cold, i hope when she plays Tati she will have a very off day. good luck Tati.

MarineGoTati
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Tati can beat Peng.
Peng is better on clay than on hard court, contrary to Tatiana.

XCoco
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Tati can beat Peng.
Peng is better on clay than on hard court, contrary to Tatiana.

Shuai plays on clay as well as on hard court ;) or better on hard court even.

MarineGoTati
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Shuai plays on clay as well as on hard court ;) or better on hard court even.

She had better results on clay last year.

XCoco
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:43 PM
yeah, only last year ;) ... but it doesn't matter, their match is a different one :) .

rseto
Jan 8th, 2007, 01:02 AM
tati defeated peng 6-4 7-5. i followed some of the scoring in the 2nd set and what a clutch match from tati.

she saved 12 of 14 break points. when she went down 2-4 in the 2nd i thought it would go to 3 but she broke right back. she saved some set points and in the last game, saved more bps that would have led to a tiebreaker. nice win tati!

yukon145
Jan 8th, 2007, 01:42 AM
im really glad she won in 2 sets. i followed the live scores and got a little worried that there were so many break points for peng, i thought at the end of last year her serve had gotten so much better, but its hard to tell without watching the match.

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Nice match Tati! Keep it up in round 2!

selyoink
Jan 8th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Thankfully she won. I hope she can take care of Mauresmo now.

AK-DH Fan
Jan 8th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Good win Tati !!!

SpankMe
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:45 AM
The Amelie vs Tatiana match is on center court tomorrow. (Tuesday 9th)
It's the second match on.

I cant find any live streaming pages that are covering it. :(

TennisLoverz has found one!
http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9763430&postcount=1

The match will also be on Eurosport 2.

FedExpress
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Well done Tati! Good luck for the next round! :)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:29 AM
well she won :woohoo: now its momo good luck

FrenchY52
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Well done Tatiana ! Nice win and hopefully you can do something great against Amélie !

HTE
Jan 8th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Good win Tati :yeah:

Hopefully a decent result tomorrow :)

Jan 8th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Yes, great result! It's gonna be a tough match tonight vs. Amélie!

Go Tati go!!!

Zombielicious
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Nice win tati!
Do good against Momo! :eek:
:worship:

Harju.
Jan 8th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Good job for not taking or choking, Tati. Though it concerned me that she had tough time holding her serve. Her serve was rocking during summer time last year.

Against Momo, I'm sort of torn. You know I love Tati. But I don't mind Momo's winning this either. I might even skip work to watch the match online :lol:

orfeus
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Can't follow it this time:sad:

selyoink
Jan 8th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I hope to be able to follow it. If it goes three sets I should get to follow the third set. I'm hoping the mens match is a marathon. That way my chances of following the match are greater.

FrenchY52
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:03 PM
So Good luck Tati, and hopefully next time i'll come here (tomorrow) will be to celebrate a victory.
ALLEZ TATI

Fired
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:29 PM
The match will be he sown live on ES2 so if someone's able to catch it, please record it!!! :p :worship:

yukon145
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
good luck Tati, please someone record it and upload it.

boffaloraa
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:26 PM
good luck Tati, please someone record it and upload it.

I'm gonna record it and i will post it tomorrow :bounce:

yukon145
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:53 PM
I'm gonna record it and i will post it tomorrow :bounce:

thanks as always :D

selyoink
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Tati lost 6-7(4-7), 7-5, 6-1.

She got broken at 6-5 in the second set. From there she predictably got whitewashed. To her credit she did break Mauresmo when she served for the second set and then held to even it at 5-5.

rseto
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:05 AM
i thought the match was lost when tati couldn't hold at 0-1 in the 3rd in a game where she had many chances to hold.

don't know how i feel. the loss isn't the worse thing as she has had enough match play these two weeks. if she won, she would have to play another tough player tomorrow. but tati needs to figure out how to win these matches SOON if she wants a higher ranking.

Oural56
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:05 AM
It was a great match but Amé was too strong for Tati...:sad:
I hope Tati will serve better next week

yukon145
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:13 AM
its getting annoying that Tati can always trouble the top players but never finish them off. this match was a mirror image to the last time they played, only this time Tati never had a match point.

who saw the match? does her serve suck again? i think she had like 10 double faults.

selyoink
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Yeah based off the stats her serve sucks again. Served a crappy percentage and 10 double faults. She won't be making noise at grand slams with a serve that bad. She isn't Lena D. afterall.

Tatianandmary
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Hey !

You sucks guy !
You seems forgot that tati is a new free injury, and it's just the return for her.

For me, it's a very very good match, and she needs to work again. When she'll have the level of the end of the saison, she'll beat mauresmo and the other.

Tati needs work and matchs. She took a set at the N°2 in the world ! Isn't the worst thing no ?

FrenchY52
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
:sad:

orfeus
Jan 9th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Well I sort of agree with what Tatianandmary said...it's pretty obvious that her game still hasn't attained the level of her, say, Stuttgart/Zurich performances and she's got a lot of hard work ahead to get it there...actually the only thing I would criticize her for is her crappy attitude in some matches:rolleyes: (HC against Petrova for instance)
BTW Momo is #3 at the moment;)

Zombielicious
Jan 9th, 2007, 12:13 PM
At least she she won the first set...and put up a fight in the second.
Next week will be better. (I hope)

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
im really glad she won in 2 sets. i followed the live scores and got a little worried that there were so many break points for peng, i thought at the end of last year her serve had gotten so much better, but its hard to tell without watching the match.

Never fear, I am here :p
1st serve % sucked when things got tight, that was for sure... The best thing about the match was Tati had the fire in her eyes, she was ready to be out there for as long as possible to win. Peng played pretty well too, she hit a fair few UEs which helped Tati but for the most part she matched Tati groundstroke for groundstroke from the the baseline & there were MANY long rallies with Tati getting a huge work out running all over the court... I was told by someone I was with that Richard was there earlier in the match watching her but he wasn't sure if Richard was still there in the 2nd, I think he stayed the whole match though coz Tati did a thumbs up over to the spot he was meant to be sitting at (:inlove: :p) Something interesting I noted was that the crowd was pretty quiet, and that seemed to affect Tati. No one (except me and someone else did 2 times) supported either player properly and there wasn't even that much clapping unless it was a really good winner... I usually don't call out support for a player except "woohoo" coz I get to nervous but when Tati went down 0-40 on her serve in the 2nd set I had to do something so I shouted out "C'mon Tati!" and she was down my end and I was in the 3rd row so I know she heard it & guess what happened, she came back and won that game... She then went down 2-4 so I did it again and again she picked up her game... From then on whenever she started sucking again I'd yell it out and she'd win the next point! :banana: It was great to think that I was helping (even though I probably wasn't :p)
Another good thing is when Tati got anger about a line call, she never let it affect her and just kept on with the match and never looked back... Just a shame she couldn't finish Amelie off :awww: I was home by then & watching on telly and again the crowd was pretty quiet, she seems to thrive on that support a lot!

Feel free to ask questions about the match & her training too guys :kiss:

Jan 9th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Poor Tati! :sad:

I saw the summary. The first two sets were very good :bounce: - that was a great fight -, but in the third ... :rolleyes:

Her big problem is the 1st service :tape: :help:

I hope the AO will be more successful...

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:55 PM
But enough of the boring stuff about the 1st round match from me, I MET TATI!!!!! :banana: :woohoo: :bounce: I tried to get to her after the match when she was signing stuff but I couldn't, then I was at the practice courts straight after the match and she was jogging around the other side of the fence and there was also a few trees between the fence and my friends & I, one of my friends called out "Tatiana" and she stopped laughing (:eek: ) and gave as the weirdest look and went faster :haha: But then even later in the day when I was watching Dani on the practice courts, one of my friends (who knows nothing about tennis, let alone Tati) pointed out Tati was walking past to the end of the prac courts (she had a bunch of teen guys following her :haha: ) She sat down on the bench which was next to the last court waiting for it to be free and about 3 little boys went up to her and got a pic... I was freaking out and was sooo nervous but my friends were like "just go!"... I went up and said "Sorry to bother you Tatiana" she kinda looked like she didn't want to speak to anyone but when I said I had a present for her, her eyes lit up and she sounded very excited :lol: I gave her the necklace I had for her (a white quartz type stone on a black cord for future reference :p) and she read that it said Health (its suppose to help with health etc) and I said it was to help with her ankles and she said "OMG, I love it, thank you!" I got a pic with her (she put her hand on my back to so never washing that shirt again :haha:) & her sig... Finally I asked "You talk to Sharapova right?" and she goes "erm, yeah :unsure:" (I swear her face was like that but not so blue :p) So I asked if she could pass on the necklace I had for Maria (same thing but for power and its a tiger eye not a quartz) if she got a chance and she said "Yeah I can do that for you, sure" I told her she can keep it for herself if she liked & the dude she was with (really hot :drool: especially when he took his top off ;), coach I guess, thought that was pretty funny ;)
By the time I had walked off she already had it off the card and seemed to really like it so that totally made my day, week and everything else for now :D

Sorry for the long rant guys but I'm still pretty excited :bounce:

yukon145
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Tatiandmary is right that she is just coming off an injury that we really dont know how serious it was, we just need to give her some more time before her game kicks in again.

quote from wtatour.com:

"It was pretty much my first really tough match against one of the best players; I definitely had a lot of opportunities," Golovin stated. "I think I'm going to really learn from this match to be able to go after and beat the top players."

Harju.
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:11 PM
KATIE, I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. I'm going to stalk you on MSN now :lol:

I'm not really happy with the tank job in the third set. I'm not happy that her serve sucked. But what pissed me most was that she couldn't close a fucking close match. She was up a break at 3-2 in the second set. That was very crucial to hold but she let it slipped :(. Look who won today. JJ, Peer, Ivanovic, Vaidisova and Chaky. If only she had a better draw this week :mad:. Hope Mauresmo wipes the floor and kills everyone :lol:

Harju.
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Richie G and Tati :inlove: :hearts: :drool:

HTE
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:28 PM
tb Tati :sad: shame she couldn't close it out (again).

At least she came close to rocking Sydney, and she should be well prepared for Melbourne :)

Harju.
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Tati won TB was a great achievement though :lol:

Look @ her TB record.
HC vs Petrova 67(2) 06
Stuttgart vs Petrova 36 67(4)
Lux vs Dani 67(1) 36
USO vs Sharapova 67(4) 67(0)
USO vs Petrova 75 67(4) 63
NH vs Molik 46 76(3) 63
SD vs Frazier 36 67(7)
Stanford vs Schnyder 67(4) 16

:help: :lol:

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:42 PM

Look @ her TB record.
HC vs Petrova 67(2) 06
Lux vs Dani 67(1) 36
NH vs Molik 46 76(3) 63
SD vs Frazier 36 67(7)

Yeah when she won the 3rd point in it I screamed in delight that she actually won more then 2 points :p
I never ever like seeing her go to a TB, I have no faith in her then :o :tape: But today's was great :)

Harju.
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Get your butt on MSN, Katie. :p
I have so many things to ask :tape:

Craigy
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:34 PM
:sobbing: Back to the choking again.

FrenchY52
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:49 PM
They showed the match on Eurosport and the 2 first sets were really great ! They both had many opportunities in both sets and they were playing a very high level... And TATI's GRUNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTT :drool: I missed it !
Hopefully she will learn with this loss and she will win at least 2 or 3 matches at the AO! That's impressive to see how well she plays compared to 2005 and MIAMI SF or OGF SF ! Keep'on progressing Tania !!

OMG Katie you're such a lucky girl !! And i'm soo happy for you and for Tatiana, great present idea ! Maybe she'll wear it during a match one day !

FrenchY52
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:53 PM
:sobbing: Back to the choking again.

But Amélie lost many opportunities too and gave Tati some points. But you can be sure Tati played very very very well in the 2 firsts sets so it's encouraging

Craigy
Jan 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
But Amélie lost many opportunities too and gave Tati some points. But you can be sure Tati played very very very well in the 2 firsts sets so it's encouraging

But she loses so many 3rd sets :sobbing: Come on even Serena can win a 3rd set :o

ZAK
Jan 9th, 2007, 07:26 PM
she chokes! life sucks blah blah blah

c'mon, she played a good match against the number one seed. she should have closed it out, but atleast she was in that position

yukon145
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:32 PM
she chokes! life sucks blah blah blah

c'mon, she played a good match against the number one seed. she should have closed it out, but atleast she was in that position

agreed. Tati said in her postmatch interview she will take the positive out of the lose, and so should we. i would have it rather be a close lose like this than a 6-0, 6-2 lose.

Justine Henin used to me a big match choker too and it just took her a few big wins to turn it around, Serena too in 2001 used to choke big leads away. so there is still hope for Tati, its just gonna take some time.

orfeus
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:44 PM
agreed. Tati said in her postmatch interview she will take the positive out of the lose, and so should we. i would have it rather be a close lose like this than a 6-0, 6-2 lose.

Justine Henin used to me a big match choker too and it just took her a few big wins to turn it around, Serena too in 2001 used to choke big leads away. so there is still hope for Tati, its just gonna take some time.

absolutely...in addition, I think that Tati just needs to win a title...that would be surely a major psychological breakthrough...I remember Nadia said (after the Stuttgart finals) something like that tenniswise (what a word;)) she was actually no better than Tati, but, contrary to her, had this "tourney-winning" experience, which was crucial in the finals...
and I'm pretty sure that Tati playing at her Stuttgart/Zurich level can beat any top player, so we'll see...

NittanyJefe
Jan 9th, 2007, 11:44 PM

Look @ her TB record.
HC vs Petrova 67(2) 06
Lux vs Dani 67(1) 36
NH vs Molik 46 76(3) 63
SD vs Frazier 36 67(7)

And that was after missing the three set points, so I'm going to look at this as progress.:sport:

AK-DH Fan
Jan 10th, 2007, 01:17 AM
SHe's still young. I think she'll learn from this match :) Better luck next time Tati

selyoink
Jan 10th, 2007, 03:23 AM
She better still learn. But the still being young argument won't work forever. Eventually she needs to take the next step. Hopefully she can this season if her ankles don't act up.

ZAK
Jan 10th, 2007, 10:52 AM
I don't think its that she's young so much as, because of her ankles, she's always starting and stopping. It makes its more difficult to build confidence and get on a roll

Harju.
Jan 10th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Momo wasn't playing that well for the first two sets. And the third set was a blantant tanking. That's why this loss was a disappointment to me.I guess I should be more positive towards Tati like y'all.

Iceland
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I don't think we are positive, we try to be positive.
Tati made too many unforced errors and her serve was inconsistent. Her defense game is not as good as last year (perhaps because of her injuries). Even if she played brillantly at some moments, Tati can join the group of the "not ready for the AO" like Ivanovic, Schnyder or Bartoli.

But Tati made it at the Us Open in similar conditions, so why not here ?

rseto
Jan 12th, 2007, 08:14 PM
very short interview with tati after loss. :)

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=40668