PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Final Dinara Safina def. Martina Hingis 6:3 3:6 7:5

Natalicious
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:54 AM
congrats dinara!!! :worship:

cartmancop
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Congrats Dinara!

Martina :sad: , you'll have to pick it up if you want to seriously contend for the AO...this is a big chance for you.

Dexter
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:55 AM
:woohoo:

Amazing fight in the 3rd set from both! :hearts:

Well done Dinara! :bowdown:

champion88
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:57 AM
:eek: great victory for Dinara-big surprise after Hingis whitewashed her in last season's final at Rome

Tenis Srbija
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:57 AM
WOW Dinara :eek: :worship:

So Martina one of three AO top contenders for title :rolleyes:

Hoon
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Good luck Martina at Sydney & AO...

My weekend is ruined :(

tennismaster8820
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Oh no, Martina! :sad:
Today is a bad day for my favs! :bigcry: :hysteric:

piercerocks
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:00 AM
yes im so happy safina won!!!!:bounce: :bounce:
yess!!!!!!!!!
good try from hingis.
top 5 here we come dinara!!!

Chance
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Dinara was great! Fought very hard & was very aggressive.

Martina's movement was great, but her serve still a bit of a weakness..

Congratulations Dinara!

Dinara is so cute lol I always remember when she played against Serena in her first US OPEN, and she looked embarassed when she won a point...can't get over that sheepish look.

:D

Zombielicious
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:08 AM
:hearts: Amazing Dina! Congrats!:hearts:

I managed to watch the 3rd set and well, there were some close moments. But she did it, she came through. Once again, congrats Dina!

And good job, Martina!

selesfan
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:10 AM
Congrats Dinara:bounce: She is so cute.:)

GrandSlam05
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:11 AM
WOW Dinara :eek: :worship:

So Martina one of three AO top contenders for title :rolleyes:

Oh, please. Ivanovic batter-bruised Mauresmo in str8 sets last year in the R16 in Sydney and Momo still went on to win the big one. But now all of a sudden Hingis loses a close 3 setter to a top 10 player and so automatically she can't be considered a contender?

hablo
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:11 AM
What a great way to start off the season, Dinara ! :D
Congrats :yeah:

lynch79
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Oh, please. Ivanovic batter-bruised Mauresmo in str8 sets last year in the R16 in Sydney and Momo still went on to win the big one. But now all of a sudden Hingis loses a close 3 setter to a top 10 player and so automatically she can't be considered a contender?

WELL SAID! PLus, it's not like she lost 62 61, this would mean "to be overpowered"...instead she lost 57 in the third set...

hablo
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:15 AM

Hingis somehow compared to Mauresmo ?
Poor Hingis would have a fit. :haha:

GrandSlam05
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Hingis somehow compared to Mauresmo ?
Poor Hingis would have a fit. :haha:

I know I can already hear that big, catty mouth running.
"Let her win 5 majors and end 3 years at number 1 before you compare her to me. And even then, I'll still be the prettiest." :lol:

hablo
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:28 AM
I know I can already hear that big, catty mouth running.
"Let her win 5 majors and end 3 years at number 1 before you compare her to me. And even then, I'll still be the prettiest." :lol:
Sounds like something she would definitely say! :haha::tape:

myxomatosis
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Dinara! :woohoo:
Way to get 2007 off to an amazing start! :banana:

austennis
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Both girls played some great tennis but dinara was just to strong.. But Hingis hit some INCREDIBLE drop shots and played some nice aggresive tennis.. both girls will be favourites to reach the quaters if not more at the Aus Open..

dorotek23
Jan 6th, 2007, 05:07 AM
Great start of the new season:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Nice match to win, especially against Martina :yeah:

austennis
Jan 6th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Dinara gave an awesome speech.. and i loved hingis comment that she'll "be as good as her brother".. tennis needs more players like Hingis and Safina with some charisma when all you have at the top is the bland mauresmo & henin hardenne and the arrogant sharapova.. (BTW im big fan of all 3 for their games)

RJWCapriati
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Excellent Match

*Jean*
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Well done Dinara...Impressive week, what a mental strengh...for sure, the point she improved the most...

2moretogo
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:31 AM
Yeah Dina! Only saw the first set before I went out. I am so glad that she proved my prediction wrong.