PDA

View Full Version : Will Molik ever get back to the top ten??

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:43 PM
I think she could get back to top 20 but ten is pushing it!!!

What do you guys think???

LUXXXAS
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:45 PM
TOP 20-YES!
TOP 10- NO! never... she was lucky to reach top 10...

miss_molik
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:46 PM
If you're talking about 'ever' not just in the near future, then yes. She has so much determination. As soon as she gets rid of those unforced errors i reckon she'll be firing. She's not going to stop until she becomes number 8 again. Have some belief in her!

Geertvg
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I tend to say yes. At her top, she was able to beat the very best, like Davenport, Clijsters and Hénin at the AO, she really was on par, and that is something that can't be said of some players in the top 10 now :)

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:49 PM
big fat NO

jonny84
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:50 PM
I hope so...she was having a great 2005 before she was struck down with her illness. Hopefully she can do well and start her season in Oz off with a BANG!

PLP
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Yes it is possible.

We will see if she can make it happen! :shrug:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Well it will be god damn hard to get back into top 10... I don't know :shrug: Everything can happen...

Ben.
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:55 PM
I don't think she was lucky to reach Top 10, she worked her butt of her to get there whoever said she was lucky to reach that echelon.

anyway i believe she can get back in the top 10 if she keeps working hard, has the right mindset & gets some wins of Top 20 & Top 10 players. plus she needs to be consistent by not maing so many UF's but to still be agressive at the same time. she got into the Top 10 by winning Zurich, Sydney & an Olympic bronze medal & scoring wins over Sharapova, V.Williams, Dementieva, Myskina & Mauresmo who all very good players indeed.

she has the determination & the will to get to back to where she was once i can guarantee you that :yeah:

Hingie
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Well as Hingis was out of the game when she had her great run, i didn't really watch any of her matches when she scored wins over the top girls, but watching her at Hopman Cup, she still looks awkward on court. Yes it was after a long break and this could change but at the moment i don't see top 10 at all.

But she was there before and i know she does work hard so not ruling it out.

Shimizu Amon
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:03 AM
I don't think so. Top 20 perhaps, but the top 10. I think that one is out of her league. Sorry for all the Molik fans.

akosiirwyn
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:05 AM
i hope she can. if she can play the way she did in late 2004-march '05, she can definitely do it.

Derek.
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:06 AM
She can get back into the top 20, but not top 10.

There are too many players like Vaidisova, Safina, Jankovic, Chakvetadze all around the top 10 that would prevent Molik from getting there.

AlonsoFx
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:07 AM
If Vaidisova can! :shrug:

jogoss_78
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:08 AM
I don't think so but who knows?

dizoo
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:09 AM
i don't think so...but i'd like to see her there again!
she seems to be such a fine person

:)

MH0861
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:08 AM
I tend to say yes. At her top, she was able to beat the very best, like Davenport, Clijsters and Hénin at the AO, she really was on par, and that is something that can't be said of some players in the top 10 now :)

Hmm? She's never beaten Clijsters (or taken a set off of her), Davenport or Henin-Hardenne. She played a great match against Lindsay at the AO in '05 and it DID seem like she was headed in the right direction, but I doubt Top 10 or even 15 unless something changes drastically.

gocanadago
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:11 AM
I don't think she will attempt top 10 again maybe top 30 or 20 but not more but I really wish her to get back there.

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Honestly, I really don't think she can back to the Top 10 :shrug:

aussie_fan
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:17 AM
I can't see it happening but if she was able to find the consisantcy she got in that great few months she had then she could do it. I just think it's going to be hard to wipe that UE count.

Andrew..
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:41 AM
When I saw her play last year, she was a total mess. I don't know how much has changed since then.

And yes, Hingis made it all the way back. But Molik is no Hingis.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:29 AM
She can and she will just believe

dearplastic
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:33 AM
Yes! The more I think about it, the more it becomes obvious destiny. Every time I read something about her she's always so positive... and it's not just press food. If she really feels like she can achieve what she wants, then I feel she can, too.

Molik: Australian Open semifinalist!

Keadz
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:41 AM
she did beat clijsters didn't she at the hopman cup one year?

Anyway I think she can get back in the top ten but she really needs to work on her backhand. It would be good for Australia to have Alice, Sam, Jelena(I hope!) and maybe Sophie later on to all be in the top 100.

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I believe she will get back to the top 15.
It's going to take some time though.
It's not going to be an immediate thing.
She's going to have to work even harder than she did to get her into the top 10.
I think she's healthy enough to do it now.

To me she's in the same boat as Vera Zvonareva.
It's going to take her going to the smaller Tiers to get her footing back.
She needs to get back on the doubles court as well.
She'll need her court awareness back.
She needs to stop/go faster than she is right now still.

I believe she can do it.
You can never ever count out the men or women with the big serves on their tour.
They just need one good week or even two and the confidence is back.

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Out of all top-tenners over the last 20 years Molik is the only one who has negative win-loss record at the Slams. Her rise to the Top-10 during the second half of 2004 and first months of 2005 was almost a miracle.
Yes, she beat Mauresmo in San Diego but Amelie always played awful in California; she beat Dementieva and Myskina at the Olympics but Lena could lose first round to anyone like she did that year at the Australian Open, Wimbledon and seven more tournaments and Myskina - you can't take it serious - Nastya just was not there after her loss to Henin; Alicia also beat Sharapova in Zurich when Masha was injuried. All these wins were sequence of the lucky circumstances.

Alicia Rocks
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:03 AM
Out of all top-tenners over the last 20 years Molik is the only one who has negative win-loss record at the Slams. Her rise to the Top-10 during the second half of 2004 and first months of 2005 was almost a miracle.
Yes, she beat Mauresmo in San Diego but Amelie always played awful in California; she beat Dementieva and Myskina at the Olympics but Lena could lose first round to anyone like she did that year at the Australian Open, Wimbledon and seven more tournaments and Myskina - you can't take it serious - Nastya just was not there after her loss to Henin; Alicia also beat Sharapova in Zurich when Masha was injuried. All these wins were sequence of the lucky circumstances.

NO! She beat Mauresmo at Doha as well, Venus at Oz and beat pretty much all the top Russians it was not "luck" it was a whole lot of hard work payed off.

piercerocks
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:26 AM
i dont think its "luck" if anyone beats a top player.
alicia has done it multiple times.. no fluke there
i think she'll get into top 20 by second half of 2007..
then from there she can probably make it back into the top ten
its going to take alot of hard work though:worship:

AnnaK_4ever
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:30 AM
And I don't even want to guess how the mediocre player, having never showed signs of gradual improvements before, all of sudden jumped into Top-15 and Top-10 only to quickly went down with mysterious illness...

Josh.
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:41 AM
i dont see it happening. maybe top 30?

Ben.
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:47 AM
alicia did not get into the top 10 by luck. get it into your head ppl's!

austennis
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Molik will deff return to top 20... top 10 depends on how much she wants it.. dont forget people she has wins over some of the games best... Mauresmo, Sharapova, Safina, Venus, and she has the game to compete with whoever she wants..

So Disrespectful
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:12 AM
If Molik could beat Venus, Davenport, Sharapova, Myskina, Mauresmo, Hantuchova etc. I don't see why she can't be ranked above players who the above regularly trash. :shrug:

selyoink
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:13 AM
I don't think so. Too much time has passed and I think all of the players in the top 10 are better then her now. It will be tough to get back in the top 20 but I could see her doing that.

RJWCapriati
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Top 30 - yes - top 10 or 20 - no

jas_aussie
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Alicia will get back into top10 in my eyes she was a top5 player she was playing some of the best tennis anyone had seen.

miss_molik
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM
None of her wins were just 'luck'. She put in soo much hard work, and if you have read any of her previous interviews you will see that she is more than prepared to get back to where she was. She will not stop until she gets back to number 8 again. She just needs to get rid of all her UE's and then i think she'll definantly get somewhere. I see her in the top 50 by the end of 2007, and she'll go from there. Ofcourse its going to be hard work. But she can do it.

Ntour
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:12 AM
barring more injuries it will happen, i believe she can do it

jazar
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:37 AM
whilst molik was out a lot of the younger players have matured and stepped it up, so i don't think molik will get back to the top 10 at the moment. but top 20 is definitely a possibility, wespecially hen you have overweight players like bartoli and groenefeld there

Alicia Rocks
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:41 AM
And I don't even want to guess how the mediocre player, having never showed signs of gradual improvements before, all of sudden jumped into Top-15 and Top-10 only to quickly went down with mysterious illness...

She didn't "suddenly"! It was over a process. 2003 Hopman Cup were the first signs where she gave Serena a great match in the final. Then her first title in Hobart. She then had a couple of foot injuries set her back. So don't say she "suddenly" whatever :weirdo:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:55 AM
If Molik could beat Venus, Davenport, Sharapova, Myskina, Mauresmo, Hantuchova etc. I don't see why she can't be ranked above players who the above regularly trash. :shrug:
Molik NEVER beat Davenport before :)

So Disrespectful
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Molik NEVER beat Davenport before :)

Yeah, the lines people were very generous towards Lindsay that night, weren't they ;)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:10 PM
she has beaten top players and when she lost to them it was in like 3 sets so she was always pushing them