PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Has Any Idea How the Australian Boycott will effect Justine's Ranking?

Asif_Nawaz
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:03 PM
She would lose quite a lot of ranking points since she is skipping the places where she had a final and a win.

thrust
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
It is too bad she can^t at least make the AO. Perhaps she will reconsider,I hope so! No official reason yet?

xcrtbckhnd
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Justine loses 195 points from Sydney and 492 points for the AO final, so that would mean her new point total is 3311. Her new ranking basically depends on well Maria, Amelia, Sveta, Kim, Nadia and Martina perform in the Australian events. I'd guess that Justine will wind up somewhere in the #3-4 spots after it's all said and done.

Marcus1979
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Sveta only made the SF at Sydney and R16 at AO last year as she was ranked lowly this time last year so she ran into players like Justine and Davenport relatively early

LH2HBH
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:56 PM
It's not a boycott. A boycott is defined by abstaining from or preventing dealing with an institution or business as a means of coercion or as a means to make a statement of some kind about said institution or business.

Don't mean to nitpick, just thought you might like to know.

Mileen
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:59 PM
It's not a boycott. A boycott is defined by abstaining from or preventing dealing with an institution or business as a means of coercion or as a means to make a statement of some kind about said insitution or business.

I agree with you!

Marcus1979
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:59 PM
i.e Venus and Serena boycott Indian Wells ;)

Morrissey
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Justine is going through a rough time her husband is a homosexual. And for any woman that is damaging to the psyche. I have suggested some books she could read in another thread to get through this rough time.

baleineau
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:44 PM
it's lunacy to not play these tournaments. surely she's well rested after the last six weeks off the tour. I know she's having a few relationship issues at the moment, but I cannot understand why she can't just put it aside for a few weeks and tackle afterwards. She could slip to as low as 4 in the world because of this tiff with PY :sad:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I still can't believe that she doesn't wanna play :awww: :sobbing:
Damn you Pierre :fiery: You should say you were gay few weeks ago :rolleyes:

Babolatpro880
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:55 PM
OK, I might be a bit behind the times, but I just though Justine and Pierre-Yves were divorcing like many married couples do.

But what everyone's been assuming for so long is really true? :eek:

vejh
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Nothing is confirmed or necessarily true. People are voicing their opinions, and some, their wishes.

We know nada, nada. It if is relationship issues, I would definitely be mad with PY for not waiting until after a GS before any decisions are made or whatever. I just think it's something else, something she can't leave.

AUSBOY
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM
She also copped a $US10,000 fine for late withdrawal from Sydney

venus_rulez
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I just want to say that some of the responses in this thread are truly pathetic. It is beyond my comprehension how some of you can;'t understand why Justine isn't playing (if the rumours or true) it's no wonder why Vee and Serena get chided for having outside interests, when some of you can't even give a girl (again if the rumors are true) with relationship problems a break. Truly sad. Some of you need to be reminded that tennis is only a game.

Jakeev
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:49 AM
It's not a boycott. A boycott is defined by abstaining from or preventing dealing with an institution or business as a means of coercion or as a means to make a statement of some kind about said institution or business.

Thanks for being the first to say it!!!!

Jakeev
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Justine is going through a rough time her husband is a homosexual. And for any woman that is damaging to the psyche. I have suggested some books she could read in another thread to get through this rough time.

Has that actually been proven?

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:49 AM
it's lunacy to not play these tournaments. surely she's well rested after the last six weeks off the tour. I know she's having a few relationship issues at the moment, but I cannot understand why she can't just put it aside for a few weeks and tackle afterwards. She could slip to as low as 4 in the world because of this tiff with PY :sad:
As Justine says on her website, its a personal family issue and its really bad.

There is a lot of speculation that the problem revolves around her marriage, but no one really knows. It could be just about anything, including an illness in her estranged family, etc.

I do respect Justine's resistance in putting all of her business on the streets, unlike some of today's players. Like Graf, she takes great pride in protecting what little privacy she has and should be applauded, respected.

Whatever the reason for her absence, she's obviously made a wise choice for herself, and her family, which is ultimately the priority.

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 6th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Can you provide a link to an article to support your accusation?

Of course you can't, because you don't know shit.

felldownagain
Jan 6th, 2007, 05:08 AM
A worthy, curious and objective thread title.

I'll just pass quietly by.

butch
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:24 PM

there are more important things in life than tennis.... and she realises it. Good for her

Kitten63
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:58 PM
As Justine says on her website, its a personal family issue and its really bad.

There is a lot of speculation that the problem revolves around her marriage, but no one really knows. It could be just about anything, including an illness in her estranged family, etc.

I do respect Justine's resistance in putting all of her business on the streets, unlike some of today's players. Like Graf, she takes great pride in protecting what little privacy she has and should be applauded, respected.

Whatever the reason for her absence, she's obviously made a wise choice for herself, and her family, which is ultimately the priority.

Great post.

terjw
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:55 PM

I understand what you are saying - apart from the bit about her ranking if you think she'd care about that at the moment. Something which has been suggested in the press and is what I think is possibly happening here - is that Justine is trying to save her marriage at present. Then it becomes a no brainer why she'd find it necessary to pull out. If Justine was simply wanting a divorce - then pulling out of these tournaments doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.

Annika Sorenstam - the top woman golfer 2 years ago - went through a difficult divorce back then and said that when she played golf she was in her own world that she could understand and control. After the tournament it was back to the messy and complicated problems in her life. Playing golf was a relief from her problems which she could block out of her mind.

Mileen
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:36 PM

Justine herself has told it's her marriage. :rolleyes:

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Justine herself has told it's her marriage. :rolleyes:
Would you care to provide a link and a quote from Justine :rolleyes:

And stop going around spreading rumors about Justine. Real fans of Justine don't do that when she requests her privacy.

I've always been a little suspicious of you. You seem to have a knack of always punching Justine when she's down.

baleineau
Jan 7th, 2007, 01:36 AM
:shrug: surely the lack of denials about the press reports in Belgium confirm it's about their marriage? :shrug:

Leo_DFP
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Well if it's a family issue, it probably is her husband, or maybe hopefully Carlos. She has chosen not to have any family or friends besides her gay husband and asshole coach.

plantman
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:26 AM

And stop going around spreading rumors about Justine. Real fans of Justine don't do that when she requests her privacy.

I've always been a little suspicious of you. You seem to have a knack of always punching Justine when she's down.

Sure wish there were more posters like you around!!!:wavey: The lack of compassion towards someone in Justine's position just astounds me. I'm a true believer in what goes around comes around.

austennis
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:05 AM
anyone wonder if they had sham marriage? mayb both are gay.. but personally i dont think so for either or really think its anyones business.. i hope that she willl sort everything out and make a comeback when shes ready and not when others think she should

austennis
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:06 AM
anyone wonder if they had sham marriage? mayb both are gay.. but personally i dont think so for either or really think its anyones business.. i hope that she willl sort everything out and make a comeback when shes ready and not when others think she should

Mileen
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:06 AM
:shrug: surely the lack of denials about the press reports in Belgium confirm it's about their marriage? :shrug:

No, no, there is already a thread with an article in wich Justine has told it concerns her marriage.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:10 AM

Gosh you always want a link :o
It was said many times and there's no need to say that Mileen is 'spreading rumors' :rolleyes:

Mileen
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Sure wish there were more posters like you around!!!:wavey: The lack of compassion towards someone in Justine's position just astounds me. I'm a true believer in what goes around comes around.

I'm sorry, but I think you're totally misinformed. Justine has told herself it's her marriage. That article has already been posted. So I think you've missed that thread. You are listening to the wrong poster; she knows about the thread and the article but apparently has refused to read it. As a result of that, she is falsly accusing someone of falsly accusing :rolleyes:

But it's that simple: It's officially been confirmed it's her marriage.
The link has been given several times now.

Mileen
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
It was said many times and there's no need to say that Mileen is 'spreading rumors' :rolleyes:

O, thanks for the support! I hadn't seen that.

Mileen
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:48 AM

It may seem cheap to say, but you really need to check reality girl, you're really short in reality testing. Like your perception this time that I would have been punching Justine?? I blame you for bothering me with your disfunctional psychology, keep your problems to yourself please. There's been a thread, a very simple and honest thread (I mean, including an honest trainer and honest journalist, who love Justine and wish her all the best). Then, first of all, you misplacedly ask for a link. I provide you the link. But you refuse to read the translated article, even with the link. As a result of that you falsly accuse me of falsly accusing and you post threads with wrong information about Justine and cause confusion. There is no need for confusion; it's that simple:

IT'S BEEN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED IT'S HER MARRIAGE.

You seem to have a knack of always punching Justine when she's down.

That's really an absurd thing to say.

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:33 AM

Just because its been "said" many times by others doesn't make it true. Unless it comes from Justine herself, PY, or Carlos, its simply just rumors.

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:42 AM
It may seem cheap to say, but you really need to check reality girl, you're really short in reality testing. Like your perception this time that I would have been punching Justine?? I blame you for bothering me with your disfunctional psychology, keep your problems to yourself please. There's been a thread, a very simple and honest thread (I mean, including an honest trainer and honest journalist, who love Justine and wish her all the best). Then, first of all, you misplacedly ask for a link. I provide you the link. But you refuse to read the translated article, even with the link. As a result of that you falsly accuse me of falsly accusing and you post threads with wrong information about Justine and cause confusion. There is no need for confusion; it's that simple:

IT'S BEEN OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED IT'S HER MARRIAGE.

That's really an absurd thing to say.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9752753&postcount=23

There is no confusion.

You said, "Justine herself has told its her marriage."

But here's the "article" you provided which you claim Justine is quoted as saying her marriage is the problem. And guess what, not one word quoted from Justine Henin-Hardenne, liar.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=279615

That is simply a lie. You haven't provided ANY article to prove the fact Justine was quoted as saying it. Even at Justine's official website http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/index.asp?lang=en, it doesn't say that. The article you provided, translated on the internet from a Dutch sporting source, doesn't contain a direct quote from Justine. In fact, everything written in that article is nothing but heresay.

What you would like to take credit for is the person in this forum that revealed Justine's marriage is in trouble, but you failed to provide a direct quote from Justine supporting it.

Again, you need to stop spreading rumor and inneundo concerning Justine's marriage. You are a liar, and obviously trying to kick Justine when she is down. All of this after Justine has requested from people (which includes her fans) to respect her privacy.

With the exception of a few trolls, people in this forum have been respectful of Justine, even those who don't particularly care for her. In large part, I believe people in this forum have been gracious. That is, until one of her "so-called" fans continues to dig up every European tabloid rag he can get his hands on, translate it via the internet, and pass it off as fact without any direct quote from Justine. And yet, you continue to say, "Justine herself has told its her marriage."

Don't make Mother Marjorie break a Belgian Waffle off in your ass. You are no fan of Justine's, and its obvious your motives and behaviors towards her are not gracious or in the spirit of supporting her during a difficult time.

Mother_Marjorie
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:08 PM

:wavey:

Its obvious Mileen is not a real fan of Justine's. He's went way out of his way to do the very exact opposite thing Justine requested...respect her privacy.

pooh14
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:48 PM
at this kind of times, the last time justine need to worry about is points and her ranking.

she can easily regain both of them once she is mentally ready. justine does not need much practise to regain form.

trivfun
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Has their been any rumors of Justine doping ala Lance Armstrong. Kim Clijsters and her dad says she has.