PDA

View Full Version : Russia Wins Hopman Cup!!

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Nadia beat Anabel to start the Hopman Cup final round.
Nadia has served a bagel in each of her last 3 matches.
The Dima won his match.
Russia's first Hopman Cup title! :worship: :bounce:

Ben.
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:46 AM
i'm watching it now & it's showing it at 5-4 2nd set :lol: so it's not live.

but congrats nadia :yeah: one win away for her & russia to win those encrusted diamond tennis balls :D

she's playing much better than she was when she played against alicia.

Josh.
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:55 AM
nice nadia.. good 1st set..

medina :help:

TTomek
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:56 AM
got only once broken :p

jas_aussie
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:59 AM
well done Nadia!!

miss_molik
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Well done to Nadia. She had great stats for the match and Anabel just couldn't do anything! I've taken a liking to Anabel over this hopman cup so i'm disappointed, but Nadia is going to be a real contender at Sydney and Australian Open this year. Can't wait!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:24 AM
she did really well today and for this year she should have a good one again

Ben.
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:28 AM
MATCH STATS

Aces:
Petrova - 6
Medina Garrigues - 1

Double Faults:
Petrova - 1
Medina Garrigues - 0

1st Serves In:
Petrova - 58%
Medina Garrigues - 76%

1st Serves Won:
Petrova - 88%
Medina Garrigues - 51%

2nd Serves Won:
Petrova - 53%
Medina Garrigues - 17%

Break Points Won:
Petrova - 5/9 = 56%
Medina Garrigues - 1/1 = 100%

Winners (incl Aces):
Petrova - 25 :yeah:
Medina Garrigues - 3 :help:

Forced Errors:
Petrova - 7
Medina Garrigues - 8

Unforced Errors (incl Double Faults):
Petrova - 23
Medina Garrigues - 25

_KidmaN_
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Russia reaches Hopman Cup final for the first time
ttp://www.inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=news&id=2378

*Jean*
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Well done Nadia ! Solid win once again :)

.Andrew.
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Nadia :yeah: :bigclap:

Anabel :hug:

Ferosh
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:17 AM
:woohoo: Congratulations Nadia, you've really picked up your game after the first loss. Russia's first Hopman Cup is almost a reality.

TTomek
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Dima wins 6-4 7-5 so Russia wins :woohoo:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
im happy that russia wins :woohoo:

Ferosh
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Congratulations Nadia and Dima! :woohoo: :bounce: :banana: :aparty:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:42 AM
That is great! Russia's first Hopman Cup tile!.

Ben.
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:42 AM
nice job russia :yeah: well done to nadia & dmitry :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

morningglory
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM
yay! Nadia and Dmitry! I like both! Congratz!!!

lilimi
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Cool win! Congratulations, Russia! :bigclap:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Nadia and Dima :banana: !!!!!!!!

Ferosh
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Great confidence booster just before the Australian Open. Nadia couldn't have gotten a better preparation. On to Sydney, and then on to conquer Melbourne. :bounce:

Shoulderpova
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:53 AM
:banana::banana::banana:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:56 AM
http://i.today.reuters.com/misc/genImage.aspx?uri=2007-01-05T165123Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONP_2_India-282400-1-pic0.jpg&resize=full
Nadia Petrova of Russia plays a shot during her women's singles match against Anabel Medina Garrigues of Spain in the Hopman Cup final in Perth, Western Australia, January 5, 2007. REUTERS/Stringer

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 11:57 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER10501051106.jpg

Russia's Nadia Petrova in action against Spain's Anabel Medina Garrigues during their singles match in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova won the match 6-0, 6-4. (AP Photo)

.Andrew.
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Well done, Russia :bigclap:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER10201051100.jpg

Russia's Nadia Petrova celebrates victory over Spain's Anabel Medina Garrigues in their singles match in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova won the match 6-0, 6-4. (AP Photo)

soccerjock
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Well Done Russia

SpankMe
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Did putin threaten to shut of the gas supply again....:p

Well done Nadia :D

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Did putin threaten to shut of the gas supply again....:p

:bs:

Proof?

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:35 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER10101051103.jpg

Russia's Nadia Petrova waves to the crowd as she celebrates victory over Spain's Anabel Medina Garrigues in their singles match in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova won the match 6-0, 6-4. (AP Photo)

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Nadia and Dima :kiss: :kiss:

PS. Too bad pierce666 is not with us anymore to celebrate it :p

Geertvg
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I thought this was "just" an exhibition for you? :p

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:37 PM
any ceremony pics or Nadia and Dima hugging after Dima's match? :wavey:

-sugi-
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Anabel :sad:

ayusania
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:39 PM
well done russia!!!! congratz!!!

Ceze
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM
congrats Russia :)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Nadya and Dima. :woohoo:

Ceze
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:42 PM
and congrats me for betting on them :p

Geertvg
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:43 PM
and congrats me for betting on them :p

Oh, right, I did that too! :woohoo: Congrats Russia! :D

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Congrats Russia. Certainly the strongest team in Perth.

xan
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Good performance by Nadia

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:09 PM
any ceremony pics or Nadia and Dima hugging after Dima's match? :wavey:I'm looking for them...
I want to see trophy pictures :bounce:

Martian KC
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Congrats Nadia and Dima!:D

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER11301051432.jpg

Russia's Dmitry Tursunov (right) and Nadia Petrova (left) hold the cup after defeating Spain's Tommy Robredo and Anabel Medina Garrigues in the final of the Hopman Cup with Lucy Hopman, widow of Harry Hopman, in Perth, Western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova defeated Medina Garrigues 6-0, 6-4 and Tursunov defeated Robredo 6-4, 7-5(AP Photo)

the cat
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Congrats to Russia on their first Hopman Cup title. :) Petrova found her form as did Tursunov the male Sharapova but without the great success. ;) That said I expect Tursunov to be a top 20 fixture on the ATP Tour the next couple of years.

Ceze
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:43 PM
nice pic, thanks for posting it! :D Again, congrats Nadia and Dmitry :worship: http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER11301051432.jpg

Russia's Dmitry Tursunov (right) and Nadia Petrova (left) hold the cup after defeating Spain's Tommy Robredo and Anabel Medina Garrigues in the final of the Hopman Cup with Lucy Hopman, widow of Harry Hopman, in Perth, Western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova defeated Medina Garrigues 6-0, 6-4 and Tursunov defeated Robredo 6-4, 7-5(AP Photo)

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Finally. It's about time.
This was probably Russia's third or fourth best option on the court, a team that wouldn't even be considered Russian in Russia.
They beat many of the country's first option.

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:46 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER11401051430.jpg

Russia's Dmitry Tursunov celebrates with teammate Nadia Petrova after defeating Spain's Tommy Robredo in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, Western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova d Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-0, 6-4 and Tursunov d Tommy Robredo 6-4, 7-5(AP Photo)

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER11401051430.jpg

Russia's Dmitry Tursunov celebrates with teammate Nadia Petrova after defeating Spain's Tommy Robredo in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, Western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova d Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-0, 6-4 and Tursunov d Tommy Robredo 6-4, 7-5(AP Photo)

That's the one I like it! :bounce: Thanks!

star84
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:56 PM
The mixed is absolutely hilarious!

Wannabeknowitall
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM

I want to see Tursonov in more exhibitions.
He is hilarious.

Pepito
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Are you watching it on TV ?
What is the score please ?

VAMOS ESPAÑA :bolt: :timebomb:

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM

tell us about it! :bounce:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

Nadia and Dmitri :hug:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
The Mixed Doubles was just hilarious.

I don't think I've laughed so much watching a tennis match.

:haha: @ when Dima was imitating Sharapova with her grunt, when he was pretending to do Tommy's hair, and the chest bump with Nadya.

:rolls:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:19 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER11201051412.jpg

Russia's Dmitry Tursunov , right, and Nadia Petrova hold the cup after defeating Spain's Tommy Robredo and Anabel Medina Garrigues in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova defeated Medina Garrigues 6-0, 6-4 and Tursunov defeated Robredo 6-4, 7-5. (AP Photo)

Sharapova's_Boy
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I can't wait to see the pics of Dima wearing Nadia's top. :lol:

Natalicious
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM
congratulation russia :worship:

gary
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Nadia and Dima :woohoo: :banana:

jazar
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:42 PM
well done. they were the strongest team on paper and they won in the end. well done dima and nadia for getting their acts together and a bad first day :D

KV
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Nadya & Dmitry :bounce:

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:53 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER11101051407.jpg

Russia's Dmitry Tursunov, right, and Nadia Petrova hold the cup after defeating Spain's Tommy Robredo and Anabel Medina Garrigues in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, Western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Top-seeded Russia lived up to its tournament reputation Friday, beating second-seeded Spain in consecutive singles matches to win the Hopman Cup team tennis title. (AP Photo)

tenn_ace
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:01 PM
I want the mixed doubles on youtube!!!! anyone? :kiss:

The Daviator
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Well done Russia, now they've won Davis, Fed and Hopman cups :clap2:

meggz_star
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Congratulations to Russia :yeah:

aussie_fan
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM
good win for russia, deserved the title

LDF
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Well done Russia :D

Some nice pics in this thread :yeah:

Mina Vagante
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
:bounce: nadia

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I found some quotes -

PERTH, Australia (Reuters) - Russia secured their first Hopman Cup title after a clinical victory over Spain in the final on Friday.
World number six Nadia Petrova gave the top seeds the momentum with a 6-0 6-4 demolition of Anabel Medina Garrigues before Dmitry Tursunov sealed the tie with a 6-4 7-5 victory over world number seven Tommy Robredo.
"I think we played really well, Nadia came out firing on all cylinders," Tursunov said after he and Petrova received the diamond encrusted golden tennis balls awarded to the winners.
"I know how it feels to play against someone who is playing really well and you don't get any chances."
For Tursunov it was a second team success in just over a month after his part in Russia's victory over Argentina in the Davis Cup final in Moscow.
"It's always nice to win whether it's Davis Cup, Hopman Cup, any sort of cup," he told reporters.
"Any win you get under your belt builds confidence. It's nice to win for your country. It's nice to be part of a team and have a common goal."
Since losing their opening pool match against Australia, the Russian duo improved as the tournament progressed, beating France in their final group tie by the required 3-0 margin to ensure a debut appearance in the final.

PINPOINT ACCURACY
Petrova, showing no signs of the side strain injury which troubled her earlier in the week, rattled off the first set against Medina Garrigues in 30 minutes helped by some pinpoint groundstrokes.
A roar from the crowd boosted Medina Garrigues as she opened her account in the second set but the Russian broke again to take a 4-2 lead.
The Spaniard managed to level at 4-4, but Petrova secured two match points on her opponent's serve while leading 5-4 and sealed the win at the second attempt when Medina Garrigues's lame forehand drifted wide.
Petrova said her priority was to maintain her fitness before the Australian Open starting on Jan. 15, but added the victory had given her confidence ahead of the year's first grand slam.
"If I can play tennis like I did today I feel like I have a good chance," she said.
Tursunov, ranked 22 in the world, looked the sharper against Robredo, who appeared jaded after Spain's final pool match ended in the early hours of Friday morning.
The Russian claimed the opener in 38 minutes with ferocious power hitting from the baseline but Robredo hit back to serve for the second set at 5-4.
Tursunov stepped up his game and clinched victory with a crunching forehand service return winner only called in after a referral to Hawk-Eye.
The dead mixed doubles rubber turned into an exhibition match at the packed Burswood Dome.

Harju.
Jan 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Dima :banana:

Wayn77
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER11101051407.jpg

Russia's Dmitry Tursunov, right, and Nadia Petrova hold the cup after defeating Spain's Tommy Robredo and Anabel Medina Garrigues in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, Western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Top-seeded Russia lived up to its tournament reputation Friday, beating second-seeded Spain in consecutive singles matches to win the Hopman Cup team tennis title. (AP Photo)

congrats Russia :yeah: :woohoo:

tiptop
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Good win for them. I like them a lot, they are both damn cool ...:)

gmak
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:35 PM
nadia and dima!!!! :worship: :bounce: :yeah: :woohoo: ;)

Chipie
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:11 PM
thanks for the pics, they are awesome :cool:

Kitten63
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Well done russia!

Niunia
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Congrats Russia:)

goldenlox
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Petrova could barely believe her good fortune as they claimed a pair of diamond-encrusted tennis balls and the winner's cheque.
"I cannot believe we are holding these balls," she said.
"They way we started here, we were not thinking it would end us this way.
"But it ended up great.
"Dmitry really showed heart today."

miss_molik
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Well done russia, you deserved it. No-one could have beaten you guys today!! And great mixed doubles match too :lol: from both teams:p

Escape
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Well done Nadia and Dima :banana:

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:25 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200701/r122277_392699.jpg (http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200701/r122277_392697.jpg)How sweet it is ... Victorious Russian Nadia Petrova holds up her racquet to salute the crowd at Burswood Dome
http://www.abc.net.au/news/img/spacer.gif

Let's hear it for H.O.P.M.A.N!

By Carole Kerr
Another Hopman Cup, another fabulous event, another full house and another bunch of superstar tennis players who have fallen in love with this unique teams tournament.

As we bid farewell to Hopman Cup XIX and look forward with great anticipation to Hopman Cup XX - let's hear a cheer for the highlights of H.O.P.M.A.N.
H - Hurrah for the Russians who take home the trophy after downing the fighting Spaniards in a tough finals encounter. Better still it came in front of a full house of 8000 at the Burswood Dome and millions more around the globe. Hip hooray also for Lucy Hopman who travels across the world every year to support this event - undoubtedly the 'Queen of the Cup'.
O - Outstanding effort by Russia's Dmitry Tursunov with his brilliant reverse overhead smash in his game against American Mardy Fish. The crowds and the commentators are still talking about it - unsure exactly what type of shot it really was, but all agreeing it was awesome!
P - for the Professionalism of the players who have called Hopman home this past week. No tantrums, no tears, plenty of laughs and plenty of sportsmanship. A credit to the game.
M - for Mark Philippoussis, who came to play and bowed out in agony. He gave it his all in game number one and tipped a comeback at Hopman XX. Here's to a speedy recovery. M also for the Mixed Doubles - truly a highlight!
A - for the Antics of the clown prince of the court. Dmitry Tursunov could always forge a career in stand-up comedy if he ever left the circuit. A hilarious man who wowed the crowds and provided some of the funniest courtside interviews ever seen on ABC TV.
N - is for Nadia Petrova, who overcame a niggling abdominal injury to clinch an all important singles game against France's Tatiana Golovin. Also for the Night final, a wonderful idea that not only allows capacity crowds live in Perth, but also sees this great event beamed across Australia in prime-time!
C - for the Cup they're all here to claim and for the classy names that adorn it. Stars of the game including Graf, Becker, Federer, Sanchez Vicario, Seles, Hingis, Williams, Blake, Davenport, Hrbaty and Philippoussis just to name a few.
U - for the Underdogs who were greatly underestimated. India entered the Hopman Cup after winning the inaugural Asian Hopman Cup and went on to become the giant killers of the tournament, missing out on a finals berth by the slimmest of margins.
P - is for the Party that's the hottest in town. The Hopman Cup's New Year's Eve ball is, in a word, spectacular! A jungle theme this year was a mega-hit and with the 20th birthday bash next year, it will be an event not to be missed.

bellascarlett
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Congrats Russia! Good job! :yeah:

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:40 AM
Can anyone upload the mixed doubles?

http://www.nadia-petrova.org/images/zoom/JEFQNQ/2007_01_02t044103_358x450_us_tennis_hopman.jpg

http://www.nadia-petrova.org/images/zoom/JEFQNQ/viewsize/hopman_cup_2007_(3).jpg

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER11401020709.jpg

Nadia Petrova and Dmitry Tursunov of Russia

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:41 AM
http://www.nadia-petrova.org/images/zoom/JEFQNQ/viewsize/hopman_cup_2007_(3).jpg

ackward. :unsure:

:lol: Congrats Russia! :yeah:

dania
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:27 AM
tell us about it! :bounce:
This was absolutley hilarious,everything was serious until they switched teams and they played boys against girls,Anabel started imitating McEnroe,Tommy was looking thru Nadia`s bag(not nice BTW) and he found some hair spray and gave it to Dima who was playing with his hair, he didn`t think he would use it and he didn`t look happy when he did.Tursunov changed his shirt and took one of Nadia`s(which looked better on him ) than he put two tennis balls under his shirt to look like boobs and started acting like a very prissy girl and screaming like Maria everytime he served.At one point he took one of his "boobs" out and served with it than took out the other one and he threw it at Anabel when she was about to hit the other ball.
Anabel has a great sense of humor and Nadia looked like she was enjoying the whole thing,but Tommy had a forced smile on his face esp.during Tursunov`s speech.
The umpire was also in a good mood,when the guys challenged a decision the sentence"Carlos is always right" appeared on the screen.

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Petrova's growing reputation as an imposing opponent was enhanced with three singles wins out of four in Perth.
And after adding the Hopman Cup to Russia's already stuffed team trophy cabinet, Petrova said she felt ready to take the next step.
"If I can play tennis like I did today and be strong on important moments, then I feel like I have a good chance," Petrova said.
"Yes (it is getting to that level) tennis-wise, and also I am getting strong mentally as well. Especially if you look at my results last year I have gained some confidence and more experience.
"I know how to deal and how to behave in the difficult situations on court."
After two semi-final appearances at the French Open, and reaching the quarters of the Australian Open last year, Petrova said staying fit was her main worry.
A stomach-muscle problem in Perth caused some concern, and Petrova said she was getting used to having to play through pain.
"I would definitely try to maintain my health and stay injury free, so that is the main key for me right now," Petrova said.
"I still have some (physical issues), but I must say that is usual for me and that is how my body is reacting always on the first week I am playing."

peanuts
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Well done Nadia and Dmitry! :bounce: :rocker::banana:

Congrats Russia! Finally a Hopman Cup trophy! :bigclap::yeah::yippee:

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Tursunov changed his shirt and took one of Nadia`s(which looked better on him ) than he put two tennis balls under his shirt to look like boobs and started acting like a very prissy girl and screaming like Maria everytime he served.At one point he took one of his "boobs" out and served with it than took out the other one and he threw it at Anabel when she was about to hit the other ball.
Anabel has a great sense of humor and Nadia looked like she was enjoying the whole thing,but Tommy had a forced smile on his face esp.during Tursunov`s speech.There's no way Tommy R. enjoyed that :lol:

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I want to see if Nadia is wearing Adidas in Sydney.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PER10201051100.jpg

Russia's Nadia Petrova celebrates victory over Spain's Anabel Medina Garrigues in their singles match in the final of the Hopman Cup in Perth, western Australia, Friday, Jan. 5, 2007. Petrova won the match 6-0, 6-4. (AP Photo)

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM
"She plays with very heavy spin, so it's very difficult to do something," Petrova said.
"Basically what I had to do was really move her as far as possible away from the baseline and try and find the short ball to try and finish it off.
"Unfortunately, when I had to serve at 4-2, my nerves kicked in and it didn't work out then.
"At the beginning of a season you have to go through it again. You have to learn how to manage your nerves, and I'm just so thankful and happy to win this match."
Petrova said she expected Medina Garrigues, the world No. 27, to dig in after being humiliated in the first set.
"I know as a player (that) when you lose the first set so easily, you always want to come back and really show what you're worth and she fought back well," Petrova said.
"I must say in the most important moment I had a bit of a tight arm, but I'm happy that I managed it."

goldenlox
Jan 6th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Doesn't anyone have the mixed doubles on tape?

Arhivarius
Jan 8th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Doesn't anyone have the mixed doubles on tape?
It looks like they are supposed to show all three matches of the Hopman cup final tomorrow on Tennis channel. Mixed should be at midnight.
http://www.thetennischannel.com/Schedule/index.aspx
:)

goldenlox
Jan 8th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks, and here's about 3 minutes of Tursunov being goofy during that final mixed set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HmillpKZX8

Arhivarius
Jan 8th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Thanks, and here's about 3 minutes of Tursunov being goofy during that final mixed set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HmillpKZX8

Thanks. :)
Actually, I have the whole match on the tape. I just don't have the means to digitize it into the file. :)