PDA

View Full Version : Friday Qualies Report

broncosven
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Ok well it was really hot and i saw some glimpses of each matches . . i was SMSing scores for most of the day so hope you enjoyed that too !!

ENJOY !!!

Part 1 - Aussies

Perry d Dominikovic 61 62

Evie was out of sorts . . way short of match practice and the scoreline shows what it was. There was some close games but evie's second serve was crap and Perry has too much pace of her shots for evie too handle

Monique adamzack d Barrios 62 76

GO MONIQUE !!!!!

Her backhand was on fire today, absolutely rock solid throughout the entire match. Monique played the bigger points better and you could tell that she wanted it more out there. barrious came to the net quite a lot when i was watching and her shots were finding the right areas to come in and monique usually hit a passing winner. After Monique won the last point she screamed out and punched her fist at the ground. BOO YAA !!! (definately should get a Oz open WC)

Rezai d Hewson 61 46 62

The match was alot closer then the scores indicate. In the third set emily had her chances to go to 3-1 but got a 'time valiation' warning and never really recovered from that. It was a game of spin vs power and Emily hit her shots with so much top spin it was really effective in countering Rezai game but too many of Emily's shots were way tp short and too many daouble faults cost her. (deserves oz qualifying WC)

Schrff d Breadmore 61 64

Breadmore got smacked in the first set - pure and simple - Julia had to much power and too much skill. Lauren in the second started returning better and deeper and was able to get a better score line.
Lauren hit a huge amount of unforced errors for someone with her game plan but to her credit she does goes for her shots and has a good forehand but sometimes picks the wrong time to use it

Lauren also got a few dodgy calls on her serve in the second set which didnt help but overall too many poor shot choices and Scruff had to much power. Lauren had her thigh strapped throughout the match.

Lepchenko d Musgrave 60 60

The less said the better - Lep never let trudi into the match. Nothing of trudi's would work today she tried volleying, flat groundies, top pins, slices and it was just one of those days for her out there . Lep had great passing shots and her returns were really deep and gave trudi no chance

AUSBOY
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:36 AM

chris1897
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:37 AM
great report!!! thanks heaps!!

back lunch em............

broncosven
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Part 2 - Others
Yulia Beygelzimer d Anastassia Rodionova 67 64 62

FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY !! Honestly if Rod had her head screwed on correctly she could easily be top 50 !! She questioned her point that went against her, cried on court, called the tournament ref, urgued with the umpire, left the court without telling anyone and just plain acted like a spoiled brat.

This was just about the best match of the day and full credit to both girls for putting it on . . in the end it was more the case of Anasstassia making errors then Yulia hitting winners but saying that Anastassia has a nice forehand

Kanepi d Wozniak

although i didnt see alot of this match i could hear that there were lots of breaks of serves and faults. Both girls were going for there shots and hitting some really nice winners on the forehand courtside

Peng vs Tu ????

Match was still going when i left but both girls were giving it 110%, from the looks Peng was the stronger in the third set and was hitting very very hard from the back of the court. Tu was really relying on placement and accuracy whilst Peng was pounding the ball back hoping for the error

Sun d Brianti

A really good match to watch as both girls played awesome in patches and bad in the others. Sun has a really strong forehand and deserved to win in the end

Sugiyama d Dubous

This was a nice easy match for Ai, played all over Stephie and never gave her a chance. Played a very smart all court game and dictated most of the points during the match.

TS
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Rodionova :rolleyes: :lol: LOL! What a joke.

Well done Monique :D

Thanks for a great report.

pcrtennis
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the report on Ai! Sounds like a great day!

Youf
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for report. Great :yeah:

It'll be great if you post your reports throughout the whole tourney!

Youf
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Well, I'm quite surprised about Rodionova :eek:

matthias
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
thanks for the reports :wavey:

chris1897
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:16 AM
great work monique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you score that main draw aussie open wildcard

Ballbasher
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Kris :sad: :sad:
Julia :woohoo: :hearts:

Andy.
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the reports, I cant wait ill be there tomorow

Hayato
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Yulia :worship: Well done on defeating that whinging bitch! :devil:
:hug: Please qualify here!

Thanks Matt for the scores and the report. Are you part of the team again this year??
I remember when you ran to get Kirilenko's autograph for me :lol:

SeanyQ
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Part 2 - Others
Yulia Beygelzimer d Anastassia Rodionova 67 64 62

FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY !! Honestly if Rod had her head screwed on correctly she could easily be top 50 !! She questioned every point that went against her, cried on court, called the tournament ref, urgued with the umpire, left the court without telling anyone and just plain acted like a spoiled brat.

What! :eek: Surely you aren't serious, Rodiotroll acting like a spoilt brat! :eek: :lol:
It's easy to hate the bitch, isn't it!! Thanks for the reports mate! ;)

broncosven
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Yulia :worship: Well done on defeating that whinging bitch! :devil:
:hug: Please qualify here!

Thanks Matt for the scores and the report. Are you part of the team again this year??
I remember when you ran to get Kirilenko's autograph for me :lol:

Yeah mate still part of the tech team . . and yeah still chase some players around for there autographs . .although i have alot of em now

i also saw a few glimpses of Fedak during her match and she seemed to be hitting the ball quite well too

Ryan
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Well, I'm quite surprised about Rodionova :eek:

How can that surprise you? Rodionova is ONLY known on this board for being a crazy bitch. :p

Dexter
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks! :D

rated_next
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:26 PM
thanks for the report :)

Youf
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:41 PM
How can that surprise you? Rodionova is ONLY known on this board for being a crazy bitch. :p

Don't call her bitch :rolleyes: But I just don't know anything about her. Her face is so... just the face of a nice, smart girl :o

Drake1980
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the reports!!!

drake3781
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Peng vs Tu ????

Match was still going when i left but both girls were giving it 110%, from the looks Peng was the stronger in the third set and was hitting very very hard from the back of the court. Tu was really relying on placement and accuracy whilst Peng was pounding the ball back hoping for the error

Appreciate it. :wavey: I followed by livescores only, and it did seem like quite a fight. :p

Any other impressions about Peng? Did she seem as strong or stronger than
Shenay Perry? (they may meet to win their quarter)

broncosven
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Peng played much much stronger in her match but Perry was on earlier in the day (less heat) and against an opponent with a lower rankings who has not played for some time (pregnant leave) I would think that Peng would have too much in the next round for Perry, but syaing that both girls won their matches and the old saying its not how you win but if you win . . . .

drake3781
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Peng played much much stronger in her match but Perry was on earlier in the day (less heat) and against an opponent with a lower rankings who has not played for some time (pregnant leave) I would think that Peng would have too much in the next round for Perry, but syaing that both girls won their matches and the old saying its not how you win but if you win . . . .

OK, thanks for the added info. :D

I saw Perry last summer, and she was as lackluster as it gets. Really boring player to watch, and she seemed bored as fk herself.