PDA

View Full Version : Article: Molik for Bangalore Open

miss_molik
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Molik for Bangalore Open

BANGALORE: The former World No.8, Alicia Molik of Australia, has confirmed her participation in the Sony Ericsson WTA Bangalore Open starting here on February 12. The 25-year-old was a women's singles bronze medallist in the 2004 Olympics at Athens.

In a message to the organisers, Molik stated that she looked forward to play in the Bangalore Open.

"I have heard so much about the city and I see this as a great opportunity for me to get my ranking back on the track, " Molik said. Special Correspondent

http://www.hindu.com/2007/01/05/stories/2007010509521800.htm

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:50 AM
I think Bangalore is a good tournament for Alicia to play! With some good results she could even be around the top 50 mark by then.

miss_molik
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Yeah, its great to hear her looking towards the future like this.

Mina Vagante
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:16 AM
grr she's doing everything serena does

So Disrespectful
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM

Great minds think alike ;)

miss_molik
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:20 AM
:rolleyes:

Mina Vagante
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Great minds think alike ;)

that IS true

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Im glad she is going there good oppurtunity

Ben.
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:02 AM
great to hear that she's gonna play in bangalore. good opportunity for her to get some extra match play & to get her ranking up into the top 100. plus she doesn't have to face a lot of fierce competiton like in a Tier II or I event.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
...it IS a bit suspicious that she signs up for two lower tier tourneys after Serena did....:scratch:

and...KimC&MariaSNo'1:http://yelims4.free.fr/Pasdaccord/NonNon26.gif no es bueno

CrossCourt~Rally
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Great news... :yeah:

Alicia Rocks
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Good luck Alicia but stop choosing where Serena goes you might have a better chance! :p

.Andrew.
Jan 5th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Already a bettery tourney that it was last year: Serena, Sania, & Alicia :hearts: What star is coming over next? :hearts:

MyskinaManiac
Jan 5th, 2007, 01:18 PM
...it IS a bit suspicious that she signs up for two lower tier tourneys after Serena did....:scratch:

and...KimC&MariaSNo'1:http://yelims4.free.fr/Pasdaccord/NonNon26.gif no es bueno

Yeah, just like Serena played the Hopman Cup.

Mina Vagante
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:57 PM

obviously she's not playing serena's exact schedule, just saying that it is odd how she signed up for them after serena did, and the exact two tournaments

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 5th, 2007, 07:10 PM
First of all, notice I said TWO, not ALL. Secondly, Hopman Cup is MUCH more high profile than Hobart and Bangalore. Thirdly Serena was never even on the list of playing Hopman Cup.

So I just wanna make sure you know how silly you sound for taking my comment to left field. :wavey:

Alicia's played about 6 Tier IV tourneys in her 11 YEAR career. It's kinda funny that she picks the SAME two Tier IVs as Serena when Syndey and Antwerp are going on, respectively. And both times, her announcement to play the tourney has come after Serena's. Undoubtedly she would get WC entry the larger tournies...it's just interesting.

Sunny_Boy
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:19 PM
First of all, notice I said TWO, not ALL. Secondly, Hopman Cup is MUCH more high profile than Hobart and Bangalore. Thirdly Serena was never even on the list of playing Hopman Cup.

So I just wanna make sure you know how silly you sound for taking my comment to left field. :wavey:

Alicia's played about 6 Tier IV tourneys in her 11 YEAR career. It's kinda funny that she picks the SAME two Tier IVs as Serena when Syndey and Antwerp are going on, respectively. And both times, her announcement to play the tourney has come after Serena's. Undoubtedly she would get WC entry the larger tournies...it's just interesting.

Alicia actually said she needs to vary in the tiers she plays. She admitted she probably shouldn't have played in the top tier events when she resume playing last year. She also said she needs the match play, that's why playing in these lower tiers may give her more winnable matches. Another factor is travelling, Alicia and her coach chose her tournaments very carefully and location of events was a factor for her. However, I'm pretty sure I never heard her mentioning she plans on entering the exact same events as Serena.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:24 PM
I didn't say there was anything that was wrong with it....:shrug: I just said it was funny and a bit coincidental. :shrug: :p

AlonsoFx
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:25 PM
I actually can't believe Why Serena appeared in this thread
We are talking about Alicia
Sheesh :rolleyes: The world isn't all about Serena

Ellery
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Alicia :yeah: