PDA

View Full Version : $10K Montreal Satellite: Maindraw

Rising Sun
Jun 19th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Courtesty: www.acemantennis.com

SINGLES

1-Kaori Aoyama (JPN) vs Q-Cynthia Tow (CAN)
WC-Ekaterina Shulaeva (CAN) d. Shizu Katsumi (JPN) 6-2 2-6 6-4 :(
Cecilia Quarracino (ARG) vs Q-Christina Horiatopoulos (AUS)
6-Kyung-Mi Chang (KOR) d. Prariyawan Ratanakrong (THA) 6-1 6-0 :)

4-Seiko Okamoto (JPN) vs Lyndsay Reilly (GBR)
Yoo-Mi Jung (KOR) vs Kristina Kraszewski (USA)
Q-Arpi Kojian (USA) vs WC-Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN)
Karin Palme (MEX) vs 7-Diana Srebrovic (CAN)

5-Melanie Marois (CAN) vs LL-Saras Arasu (USA)
Q-Kavitha Krishnamurthy (CAN) d. Nana Wada (JPN) 7-5 6-1
Q-Melanie Gloria (CAN) d. Maki Arai (JPN) 6-4 3-6 6-1 :sad:
3-Michelle Faucher (USA) d. Q-Debbie Larocque (CAN) 6-3 7-5

8-Adria Engel (USA) d. Kumiko Iijima (JPN) 4-6 6-1 6-1 :fiery:
Q-Monika Dancevic (CAN) d. WC-Valerie Saillant (CAN) 6-2 6-2
Bei-Er Ko (CAN) vs Q-Stephanie Dubois (CAN)
Keiko Tameishi (JPN) vs 2-Remi Tezuka (JPN)

Scotso
Jun 19th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Vamos Karin :D

Martian KC
Jun 19th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Gooo Kaori and Beier!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 19th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Well done Ekaterina :)

good luck
Lyndsay :)
Christina :)
Alexandra
Stephanie :)

barabanschikova_fan
Jun 20th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Thursday morning, 9h25. I'm leaving for Montréal in few minutes to see if the tournament is better than last year. I will tell you more about that this afternoon or tonight. Have a good one

barabanschikova_fan
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:26 PM
just cameback because of my work. It was better than last year because there was not only asian players and also because the sun was there! Saw a bit of the match Ko vs ???(the refery was talking to himself so i never heard his name but she's cute and scream more than seles:). i saw another match but there again the refery was talking to himself... probably one candian because Rene simpson was there. Mélanie Marois won 6-2 6-2 and damn she is looking better than ever in beauty! Don't saw her match because i don't really like her but she is damn so cute. She was next to me during a match. Maybe go back tomorrow, maybe.

barabanschikova_fan
Jun 20th, 2002, 07:57 PM
+ she has the "Teletubbies" clothes.

What is that?:) :) :) Is it because her clothes are too small for her that we can call that like that?:) Her top was way too small for her but who cares:)

TS
Jun 21st, 2002, 05:41 AM
Go Christina :) :)

Too bad Lauren Cheung lost in qualies :sad: :fiery:

lol jp...I know what you mean ;) Every December there is an exhibition event held at Melbourne Park Tennis Center (called the Aussie Assault) and its a round robin tournament. I went last year and it was very strange watching people like Dominikovic, Watson, Ellwood, Stewart, Dittman etc fetching their own balls and not having anyone watch except their coach and other players...kind of weird standing their watching cos the players do notice you and are propably thinking "Who's that?" :o

barabanschikova_fan
Jun 21st, 2002, 07:13 AM
and in my case: why is he always looking at me and not the other one lol

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 21st, 2002, 07:41 AM
the thing is you make it clear that you want them to win ;)
so only applaud when they win a point, and 2-3 claps MAX.

it works wonders ;)

Aloysius
Jun 21st, 2002, 02:13 PM
My mate lost in the first round of Canet-En-Roussillon, and I'm the only one supporting her ... from a million miles away through some cables, a phone line and a computer screen. ;)

aceman
Jun 21st, 2002, 05:57 PM
Not guilty;) I was there Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I played today but will be there Saturday and Sunday. I hope the sun will be there too. I made the ball kid for 2 balls during Marois-Arasu match;) Melanie improved a lot her play since last year. She had a bad start vs Krishnamurthy but battled very hard and won easily. I think Montreal and Lachine can be her last futures.
As she said, it's better for her to play 25K than winning a future. Only one win in a 25K and you get points like a future final. And you takes more experience by playing stronger players.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 22nd, 2002, 06:33 AM
QF

Christina Horiatopoulos d. Cynthia Tow 6-1 6-2 :)
Diana Srebrovic d. Kristina Kraszewski 1-6 6-4 6-3
Melanie Marois d. Michelle Faucher 6-2 7-6(9)
Stephanie Dubios d. Adria Engel 6-3 3-6 7-5 :)

Steveg
Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by aceman
I played today but will be there Saturday and Sunday.

Enjoy your time :wavey: . And pleeeaaaase update the Edmond draw :angel: .

Scotso
Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:16 AM
Go Melanie :D

aceman
Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:55 PM
jp: I was there . As you said good match between Larose and Silva but i think Silva didn't have the same energy as he had Saturday. He's really funny. And it was nothing today compare to Saturday where he had a lot more fun.

Marois was alone on the court. Very bad show by Srebrovic. She was very slow to move on the court. I talked to some linesmen after the match and they said the same thing. The match ended at 6-0,6-3. Marois is supposed to play College Park qualies in July. I don't think she will play a lot more futures after Lachine.

I want to go to Lachine but it's a very long run in bus to go there. I will see. Nancy won a point today at qualies against Jana Sedivec.

aceman
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:35 PM
jp: I don't know if she will play doubles. I'm not sure if they have qualifying doubles.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jun 23rd, 2002, 11:29 PM
Aceman how does Nancy Loeffler play if you saw her? In all honesty, I think it would be funny to here lol

aceman
Jun 24th, 2002, 12:02 AM
I just got the info. Good luck jp with Tennis Canada;) Last Monday i asked to Martin Laurendeau by email to send me the order of play each day. He said "The tournament referee will send them to you every night". I never received anything:(

After Martina Navratilova, maybe we can see Helene Pelletier back to play with Nancy ;)

If you have any infos jp feel free to send me them.

aceman
Jun 24th, 2002, 01:33 AM
jp: they will probably transfer your call to the "Place des Arts";)

I think they are always surprised to know we are interested by this level of tournament:)

Rising Sun
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:35 AM
The women's results in that website have disapperead! :eek: :(

aceman
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:02 AM
100% Tennis Canada:(