PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Upset: (WC) Ferguson def. (8) Sugiyama 7-6(4) 6-4

AJZ.
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:06 AM
Ai missed a SP in the first set... and proceeded to double fault 9 times ... her serve percentage dropped incredibly low... from 100% to 40%.
I hope nothing's wrong with her :sad: And I hope things get better before Australia :sad:
I didn't think this year would be like all the last...! Fight, Ai, fight!

But good job, Sophie. Good job.

Vincey!
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:07 AM
:eek:...Ai:sad:...but well done Soph :yeah:

pcrtennis
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:08 AM
Ai isn't in a rhythm yet, hopefully she gets a match win sometime in Australia this year!!!!! But she clearly beat herself here, she'll get it together. Not worried!

aussie_fan
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:12 AM
well done Sophie! I think you would have to say this is her biggest win of her career. Hopefully she can go well next round. :)

Bad Luck Ai

Привет
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:15 AM
Nice win Sophie :eek: Didn't expect this from you but hopefully there are a few more wins to come here for you

Ben.
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:15 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: great win there soph :yeah: :yeah:

hope you can give it your all in the next round :yeah: once again great win & I hope this will take you on to bigger & better success :D

bad luck to ai. she fought til the end & gave soph a real battle.

Goai
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:21 AM
I'm not worried about Ai. I think it's just that she's not had a lot of matches. But hey, the Australian Open starts soon. Ai never gives up, and that's one of the reasons she's my favourite player :)

And good job for Sophie. The media is going to love this. I'd really like Sophie to beat Stosur if they met in the next round. That would make things interesting.