PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Davenport: The Best Of [Videos]

RayRob
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:22 PM
To my fellow Lindsay fans,

Since Lindsay has "sort of" retired...just not officially...I wanted to begin to piece together a "Best of" Thread. The greatest singers, release "Best of" or "Greatest Hits" albums so I figured our favourite should have a thread like this.

My wish for the thread is to be a thread of videos that capture the essence that is Lindsay Davenport both on and off the court.

I currently don't have a whole load of videos uploaded, but I do have a couple of DVDs that I want to grab some footage from and also am currently in search of my tennis videos that seemed to have gone AWOL.

The sorts of things I would like to post on here for you all are videos of:

*Great points
*Important match points
*On court interviews
*Off court interviews
*Ads/promotions that she involved in

Most of the videos are likely to be found on "You Tube" because that's where I'll upload them or on the odd occasion, there might be a link to someone else's upload on You Tube. If it is someone else's upload, I will mention it. If it's my video then I will mark it with an Asterix (*).

If you would like to add a video link to here, please feel free to do so. I aren't going to put a time limit on this project because I think it will be an on going thing. Since I work, somethings might be slower up because if I'm ripping from a VHS the process will take much longer than if I'm ripping from a DVD.

I'm currently waiting for the first video to upload. As soon as it has, I will post it.

Thanks and I hope you will enjoy this thread as time goes on.
Rache

RayRob
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Updated 01/01/07: Latest info - "Time Out" feature is now on You Tube. Still haven't uploaded the Snow Dome video because the sound at the end of my "grab" got worse and couldn't hear anything so I will try doing it again. Hopefully that will be available on MegaUpload soon.

Thanks for all your comments. I might start looking through some of my VHS's this week and then try to get some videos posted.

I'm currently copying one of my favourite Lindsay matches to DVD as I type this. That is the one where Lindsay ends Venus William's 35-match winning streak. I'm not sure what I will do with it for you yet. I might do two things with it. One thing I will do is pick out some of the highlights for a highlights real (perhaps put to music?) and cut the whole match into smaller segments so you can see the whole match. I am sure there are some of you that never saw this match.

Keep checking back over the next week as I sort this project out.

MEGAUPLOAD INFORMATION: If you have never used MegaUpload before, here's how...when you click on the appropriate link, you will be taken to a page. Down in the lower left/lower middle, you will see the file name of the video, file size and description (which is the title really). At the top middle of the screen, next to the "megaupload" logo, you will see three (3) pink/purple letters. Enter them into the box to the right. Click "download". Once you've done that, in place of the box you will find a countdown, counting down from about 45. When it reaches zero (0) it will say "Download" on the button. Click that and a "File Download" box will appear, click save and specify where on your computer you want to save and then it should begin saving to your computer. Hope this helps.

Off Court Videos

+ Lindsay Davenport at the Dubai Ski Dome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YHDBP5_Wm8) - Posted on You Tube by "Claire19"
* Lindsay Davenport at the Dubai Ski Dome - .avi upload hosted by MegaUpload.com
* Lindsay Tennis Channel "Time Out" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmCNPREnRr4) - You Tube
* Lindsay Tennis Channel "Time Out" (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0POH1VD) - .avi upload hosted by MegaUpload

Key to Symbols:
+ Someone elses file/upload
* My own file/upload

Lindsayfan32
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Is there any chance you might be able to put a download link in here as my computer and net link are slow and my computerr doesn't like youtube that much. I would also like to keep them on my computer. But it a great idea no matter how you do it. I also have some matches with on court interviews on them. I have no idea how to rip things off dvd so if you can tell me I'm willing to help out with those if you like.

RayRob
Dec 31st, 2006, 01:01 AM
I can not provide a download link for the Lindsay/Maria vid because I didn't upload it so don't have the original file. I can provide a download link from something like MegaUpload for any file I have of mine.

There is a way of ripping from a DVD, it's kind of a long winded, two programme process. Depends if you're technically minded and are up to following my long-winded instructions? lol.

The thread is going to be a bit slow at first, but I've found the AWOL videos so hopefully I can find some good material. I hope you can all bare with me for a little while. I will update my first two posts with any adds and if anyone else posts any, I'll just add it to the list which I will then split into categories.

Rache

LindsayRulz
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:51 AM
Great idea RayRob! :)

Nikki
Dec 31st, 2006, 07:59 AM
Fantastic idea Rache, thanks for doing this:)

#1Davenport
Jan 1st, 2007, 02:12 AM
Awesome Idea!

#1Davenport
Jan 1st, 2007, 02:51 AM
Uh... i have a question... I just watched the Lindsay Time Out thing... and she showed her Wimbledon trophy, and it's really small... Do they not get to keep the big one they take pictures with after winning the final? I always thought thats what they won... Please answer! I'm shocked!

LindsayRulz
Jan 1st, 2007, 04:30 AM
Uh... i have a question... I just watched the Lindsay Time Out thing... and she showed her Wimbledon trophy, and it's really small... Do they not get to keep the big one they take pictures with after winning the final? I always thought thats what they won... Please answer! I'm shocked!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Same here :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think she said that her runner up trophy is bigger than her winner trophy?

#1Davenport
Jan 1st, 2007, 04:45 AM
They showed the winners trophy too... and it looked the size of a dinner plate... how weird!!! and they showed the Australian Open trophy... and it was miniature too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going on?!?!?!!? Are we going crazy?! :help:

Lindsayfan32
Jan 1st, 2007, 08:39 AM
Thanks for uploading to mega upload. As for the taking your time as far as I'm concerned take all the time you need. This was a great idea and it will be well worth waiting for. I will try to work out how to rip clips from dvds and I can help you with some post match interviews and match highlights if you would like me to. If you would like me to help you with this project send me an email to the following address as I can't open pms for some reason vmainard32@hotkey.net.au

Nikki
Jan 1st, 2007, 08:53 AM

The actual trophy stays at the Wimbledon museum, the winners always get a replica one. So if they damage or lose it, its not so bad:)

RayRob
Jan 1st, 2007, 03:04 PM

Yes, as Nikki has already said; the players get a replica of the trophey. As far as I'm aware, this practice happens at all the major events. The original trophey remains at the place it was won at but has their name engraved on it (which obviously remains forever).

The only trophey they do have which isn't a replica is the runner-up trophey, which is why it's smaller than the winners one.

Thanks for all your interest in this thread,
Rache

#1Davenport
Jan 1st, 2007, 04:36 PM
Thats so weird... If I were to win a major, I'd be like "Give me the big one" lol

hurricanejeanne
Jan 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Yes, as Nikki has already said; the players get a replica of the trophey. As far as I'm aware, this practice happens at all the major events. The original trophey remains at the place it was won at but has their name engraved on it (which obviously remains forever).

The only trophey they do have which isn't a replica is the runner-up trophey, which is why it's smaller than the winners one.

Thanks for all your interest in this thread,
Rache

I didn't know that either. That strikes me odd but it does make sense in a way. But I'd still like to keep the real thing. :p I guess this is the reason why Lindsay is so protective over her gold medal...because it's the real thing!;)

Great thread idea. Hopefully there's lots of stuff to watch!:D

Dave.
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:25 AM
Good idea RayRob!

I watched the Timeout vid. I would have thought that the second highest-earning female athlete of all time would have a bigger house but Lindsay doesn't seem the type that needs a huge mansion. She's obviously very happy where she is. I loved her house anyway. The trophy case disappointed me. Obviously she would have all her other trophies displayed somewhere else because that case is way too small to hold 87 winner trophies plus all the runner-ups! The A.Open trophy needs alot of work like she said:lol:

sweet_angel23
Jan 7th, 2007, 05:50 AM

i didnt know that they get a replica. i saw the video, the trophies were puny..lol

nyway, thanks Rayrob for uploading the videos =)

RayRob
Jan 7th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Obviously she would have all her other trophies displayed somewhere else because that case is way too small to hold 87 winner trophies plus all the runner-ups! The A.Open trophy needs alot of work like she said:lol:

If it was left to Lindsay, she wouldn't have any displayed. She used to just keep them in her garage...it was her sisters that convinced her that she should display some of them. So, I would assume that the others are in boxes in the garage. :lol:

rache

hurricanejeanne
Jan 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I liked Lindsay's house. It was very cozy. And seeing as it's just been her, Jon, and the dogs for so long there was no point in having something a lot larger than that.

The trophies were just :lol:. Lindsay, you need to dust them off once in a while. ;)
The wall of tennis shoes was mind boggling though. I mean what is she going to do with all of them now?
Oh and I like how Zolton got almost as much face time in the video than she did.
Thanks again Rache! :D

!<blocparty>!
Jan 10th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Updated 01/01/07: Latest info - "Time Out" feature is now on You Tube. Still haven't uploaded the Snow Dome video because the sound at the end of my "grab" got worse and couldn't hear anything so I will try doing it again. Hopefully that will be available on MegaUpload soon.

Thanks for all your comments. I might start looking through some of my VHS's this week and then try to get some videos posted.

I'm currently copying one of my favourite Lindsay matches to DVD as I type this. That is the one where Lindsay ends Venus William's 35-match winning streak. I'm not sure what I will do with it for you yet. I might do two things with it. One thing I will do is pick out some of the highlights for a highlights real (perhaps put to music?) and cut the whole match into smaller segments so you can see the whole match. I am sure there are some of you that never saw this match.

Keep checking back over the next week as I sort this project out.

MEGAUPLOAD INFORMATION: If you have never used MegaUpload before, here's how...when you click on the appropriate link, you will be taken to a page. Down in the lower left/lower middle, you will see the file name of the video, file size and description (which is the title really). At the top middle of the screen, next to the "megaupload" logo, you will see three (3) pink/purple letters. Enter them into the box to the right. Click "download". Once you've done that, in place of the box you will find a countdown, counting down from about 45. When it reaches zero (0) it will say "Download" on the button. Click that and a "File Download" box will appear, click save and specify where on your computer you want to save and then it should begin saving to your computer. Hope this helps.

Off Court Videos

+ Lindsay Davenport at the Dubai Ski Dome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YHDBP5_Wm8) - Posted on You Tube by "Claire19"
* Lindsay Davenport at the Dubai Ski Dome - .avi upload hosted by MegaUpload.com
* Lindsay Tennis Channel "Time Out" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmCNPREnRr4) - You Tube
* Lindsay Tennis Channel "Time Out" (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0POH1VD) - .avi upload hosted by MegaUpload

Key to Symbols:
+ Someone elses file/upload
* My own file/upload

LMAO @ Lindsay's bag collection. :o It looks terrible... her house is very, uh, Cali mom style. :tape:

LindsayRulz
Jan 28th, 2007, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SSh72jTMSQ

:)

lindsayno1
Jan 28th, 2007, 10:24 PM
ugh man i wanted another lindsay hingis epic before she retired....

chadman569
Jan 30th, 2007, 01:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SSh72jTMSQ

:)

Do you have the full match in English commentary? That would be an awesome match to see. :worship: Her last major. :bounce: Thanks so much.

LindsayRulz
Jan 30th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Do you have the full match in English commentary? That would be an awesome match to see. :worship: Her last major. :bounce: Thanks so much.

http://www.tennisdvdclips.net/WTA.html

Click right and save as...

Thanks to Laurie btw :)

chadman569
Jan 30th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Wow! Thanks so much. I cannot wait to download it. I miss her so much already. I need to watch her play again.

Lindsayfan32
Jan 30th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Wow! Thanks so much. I cannot wait to download it. I miss her so much already. I need to watch her play again.

If you want to watch more Lindsay matches and the 2000 Australian open final send an email to the following address and I will send you a list of what I have I have 16 Lindsay matches on dvd and I would be willing to make copies for the price of the dvds and postage to anyone who wants them.

send an email to vmainard32@hotkey.net.au

I can't upload matches as my computer is too slow to do it.