PDA

View Full Version : Golovin Withdraws From Mixed Doubles

Langers
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Tatiana Golovin has withdrawn from the mixed doubles match because she has apparently "aggravated" her ankle injury. She was smiling and laughing after her partners win in the singles though so I would suspect she's just being safe as the game was a dead rubber.

Fired
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:47 PM
OMG already!? and the season just began... :o

PatM04
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Oh no, hope she gets in with the therapists and gets it better quick

.Andrew.
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Tati :sad: Well, it was a dead doubles rubber! :lol: So I'm guessing Mardy lost yesterday :sad:

star
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I definitely hope it was just to be safe :unsure:

timafi
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:53 PM
what happend? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Langers
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:57 PM
I'm almost positive there's nothing wrong with the ankle. It was late, the game was a dead rubber, she would be exhausted, so I assume she just didn't want to take any chances. She was in good spirits during the post match interview and looked in no discomfort.

Belco
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:59 PM
i hope shes being safe.. smart move.. :D

hdfb
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:02 PM
hm....... you guys say this now, but if people start pulling out of mixed double matches just because they're dead rubbers and don't want to take chances with injuries, where did the Hopman Cup spirit go?

Langers
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:07 PM
hm....... you guys say this now, but if people start pulling out of mixed double matches just because they're dead rubbers and don't want to take chances with injuries, where did the Hopman Cup spirit go?
Perhaps, but if you're in that situation what would you do?

Craigy
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:09 PM
:banghead: Please don't be injured

charmedRic
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:11 PM
if she's playing it safe, then I'm glad she's fine.

yukon145
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:34 PM
she said she was really jet lagged, so it was a smart move.

jazar
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:21 PM
if there was a problem, then it was a wise decision, i mean you don't want to get injured 1 match into the season

Uranus
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Will she be playing the other Hopman Cup matches?

Tenis Srbija
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Tati I just hope you faked it ;)
Not another injurie pleaseeeee :sad:

Lulu.
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Hopefully shes just playing it safe

DutchieGirl
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Weird though - I mean that match could count in the end...coz if they don't play then it 0-6 0-6 against...hope she's still planning to play the other ties.

thomas.chung
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Well hope she is fine when the official season begins.

DutchieGirl
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Well hope she is fine when the official season begins.

umm - the official season HAS begun. :p

AnneSo006
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Tati has no problem with her ankles! ;)

She was simply really tired because of the jet lag! That explains how she plays today!

Brooklyn90
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:37 PM
:sad: bad start to the season
Get well soon tati :yeah:

Sunny_Boy
Dec 30th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Nice win Tati!
The commentators said Tati only arrived one day before her match against Ashley, so jet lag and fatigue I would say are the reasons for her withdrawal

saki
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I don't have much sympathy for her if it's jet lag. No reason why she couldn't have arrived earlier.

Привет
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:28 PM
It would have been getting late into the night as well, hopefully she's just being cautious. Hopman Cup organizers could have started the night sessions a little earlier for the players sakes, I mean I doubt they would like to be up at 11 o'clock at night playing a match tiebreak in a dead rubber, no matter how much Hopman Cup spirit they have.

Craigy
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I don't have much sympathy for her if it's jet lag. No reason why she couldn't have arrived earlier.

Yeah they're could have been reasons why she couldn't get there earlier ;)

DutchieGirl
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Yeah they're could have been reasons why she couldn't get there earlier ;)

:scratch: She's known for a couple of weeks that she was going to be playing in Perth, so unless someone was dying in her family or something, I don't see what other GOOD reasons there are for her getting there 1 day before. :shrug:

tobi
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:17 PM
:scratch: She's known for a couple of weeks that she was going to be playing in Perth, so unless someone was dying in her family or something, I don't see what other GOOD reasons there are for her getting there 1 day before. :shrug:
I am agree with you.

DutchieGirl
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:21 PM
I mean it sucks for the fans who paid for their tickets expecting to see that mixed match... OK maybe the tourney organiser could also start the session 1 hour earlier - but possibly not because the Aussie-Russia session went late yesterday...

Ben.
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:25 PM
I mean it sucks for the fans who paid for their tickets expecting to see that mixed match... OK maybe the tourney organiser could also start the session 1 hour earlier - but possibly not because the Aussie-Russia session went late yesterday...

yeah you gotta point.

Sunny_Boy
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Actually the reason for Tati getting in so late was she had organised a big xmas party with family in Florida, so she had organised tickets for all family members to travel to Florida. After organising the event, she then got the call to play Hopman Cup and it was too late to cancel the party as everything was organised for her family to travel to Florida.
Hope it makes sense, the news came from the commentators last night

yukon145
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Actually the reason for Tati getting in so late was she had organised a big xmas party with family in Florida, so she had organised tickets for all family members to travel to Florida. After organising the event, she then got the call to play Hopman Cup and it was too late to cancel the party as everything was organised for her family to travel to Florida.
Hope it makes sense, the news came from the commentators last night

thanks for the info, Tati has had a busy few days.

Sunny_Boy
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, the France - USA match had to be delayed by 15 minutes coz of the Aust - Russia (clearing out spectators from the day session)

Sunny_Boy
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:56 PM
thanks for the info, Tati has had a busy few days.
No problem :)
Yes, she has had a busy few days!
After arriving she was then scheduled to participate in some event (I can't remember what) so she couldn't practise until her match day

DutchieGirl
Jan 1st, 2007, 02:48 AM
I still don't think she had to leave it till 1 day before the event to come to Australia but oh well...