PDA

View Full Version : Kuznetsova's Game: Beautiful or Ugly?

tennisbear7
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I don't find it to be that aesthetically pleasing, but she has a very effective game.

What are your thoughts? Is Sveta's game beautiful, average or ugly?

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:31 AM
she moves well - beaautiful
however her movement can be very heavy looking at times - ugly

she can hit winners from any where on the court - beautiful
she can hit errors even from the easiest positions on court - ugly

a lot of variety in her shot-making - beaautiful
doesn't use the variety well or often ENOUGH - ugly

game kuznetsova -> so classically beautiful yet so modernly beastial and erratic = average.

Ben.
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:33 AM
to me her game is effective, but it's not as beautiful as Hingis' game for instance. so therefore it's average for me.

Ben.
no offence to sveta though, her game is great though.

jazar
she can hits winners from almost anywhere, but that doesnt make her game beautiful. i think her shots are really quite ugly and i find it difficult to watch her play because of that

rockstar
ugly in my opinion but really effective ;)

Athanasios
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I voted for average, because of her instability in performance. I believe she is playing great, but she can't keep up with her good performances.

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:34 AM
She should come to net more, but she would rather blast forehands all day.

Neptune
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Not very beautiful but quite effective. :) But I'm always :eek: by the power of her forehand on hard courts!

LUXXXAS
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:40 AM
she's one of my favourite players :) but her game is more ugly than beautiful :tape: maybe I remember too much her ugly erratic matches...

Ben.
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:44 AM
not surprised that ppl don't consider sveta's game beautiful. it's 0% on the option that says beautiful.

Wayn77
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Does anybody have a beautiful game?

When Sveta is on fire (from memory v Sharapova Miami, v Mauresmo China, v Jankovic Stuttgart, v Petrova Stuttgart, v Hingis Zurich) her game is extremely pleasing to watch. Kuzy's excellent footwork make her a good doubles player to watch as well.

Dava
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:47 PM
I think some players have a beautiful game to watch, Hingis, Myskina, Federer and (as much as I hate to say it) Henin have beatiful games. I find people like Venus Williams,Clijsters, Dementieva (post serve) and Davenport graceful to watch because of how much power they can generate and make it look easy.

Sveta doesnt have the ugliest game, but it is very realiant on power, and she does make a lot of mistakes. She also sometimes seems intend on using only her forehnad to win points.

I would say Sharapova has a pretty ugly game. Essembling all the text book shots she has leart into one game makes her game like individual character. When it goes wrong there is nothing to salvage it and the errors come and come and come. However I must sya i was impressed with her US Open final performance. She looked like she was coming into her own...maybe she will change with time.

Mina Vagante
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:07 PM
her game was beautiful in 04, watching bac matches from the china open, she moved well had a great attitude, and really belted that forehand, now it seems to be a little ragged.

.Andrew.
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Her game is not certainly beautiful to watch like an Amelie Mauresmo or a Justine Henin-Hardenne...But... It is really effective and that is all that really matters :p

The Dawntreader
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Her serve is really smooth i find. Love the abrieviated motion and the kick serve that usually follows.

I find her backhand a bit clunky, the racquet is too close to her body when she hits it. Her forehand though can be awe-inspiring when on form:worship:

RJWCapriati
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Ugly

Tenis Srbija
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM
It's nice ;) :)

MatchpointPRT
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I donīt think its a ugly game, i just think she moves as a man, that her tennis is similar to manīs tennis, the rotation of the body to do the forehand and the forehand she does on the corner of the court cross court or down the line is a bit manīs style like Henin does also, itīs effective and nice to watch but many of those shots result in unf errors, and when sheīs off she plays really bad...

tenn_ace
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Ugly

coming from a capriati fan :haha:

LH2HBH
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:40 PM
At times beautiful, especially those big groundies. She can be terribly inconsistent though!

When she's off it can get really ugly.