PDA

View Full Version : For which surface(s) do you think players need to use more drop shots???

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:16 AM
mm....

i say all of them :D

Cage
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Slice on clay very effective so id say more drop shots on clay red and green

cartmancop
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Each one has its opportunities I suppose. On grass, the bounce is low and an opponent can't slide into a shot to get to it quicker. On clay if your opponent is deep, it's a viable option. & I find it a useful tool on HC as well. So I guess all... :)

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Each one has its opportunities I suppose. On grass, the bounce is low and an opponent can't slide into a shot to get to it quicker. On clay if your opponent is deep, it's a viable option. & I find it a useful tool on HC as well. So I guess all... :)

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! like the answer ;)

i think they are so suspenseful i love them.

selyoink
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:30 AM
I love dropshots too. However they are frequently executed poorly by players. I only like good dropshots that either make sense or are just amazing shots.

Derek.
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Considering that my favorite loves to use drop shots at crucial moments, I wouldn't say the are needed more. :tape:

But, they do make tennis fun. ;)

I'd love to see more drop shots on grass. :D

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Considering that my favorite loves to use drop shots at crucial moments, I wouldn't say the are needed more. :tape:

drop shots on grass can be so devastating because of the low bounce AND because players are so used to deep power shot after deep power shot

jazar
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:41 AM
if its a good drop shot it can be effective on any surface, but they need to be better on fast, high bouncing courts

frenchie
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Grass, red clay and green clay = slippery surface
you can use drop shots on them.

Drop shots on rebound ace:help: :help:

rockstar
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:05 PM

*cough*daniela when serving out sets *cough*

Mina Vagante
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:21 PM
grass, i rarly see players using it, yet it sould be the bets surface TO use it. whats the difference between green and red clay?

.Andrew.
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:36 PM

Same. I'd love to see more drop shots done on grass because of the low bounce grass can create.

I love Patty Schnyder's drop shot. It can be really effective at times! :drool: :hearts:

star
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:45 PM
I'm not a big fan of them at all, since a lot of the time they don't work that well :tape: I wouldn't mind a few more on grass though.

drake3781
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:26 PM
whats the difference between green and red clay?
green = amelia island and charleston
red = notably roland garros, and I think most/all outdoors events in europe.
green and red both the players can slide, but green is maybe a little faster - between red and hardcourt in terms of speed.

Tennace
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I use drop shots on all surfaces :tape:

Dokic had a great drop shot. I miss it :sad:

hingis-seles
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:32 PM
grass, i rarly see players using it, yet it sould be the bets surface TO use it. whats the difference between green and red clay?

As Drake pointed out, green clay is a faster surface than red clay. There's a reason why Lindsay Davenport dominated Amelia Island but did next to nothing at any of the big red clay-court events (which obviously do not include Madrid and Strasbourg). ;)

timafi
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:42 PM
all surfaces

lynch79
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:57 PM
If you're Martina Hingis, you can use it on all surfaces, because you're just too good. And followed by a lob, of course.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Reebound Ace :haha: :lol:

Seriously...on grass :)

RJWCapriati
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Indoor, Grass