PDA

View Full Version : Dokic or Petrova?

cheyk
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Who has a better career at the moment, Jelena Dokic or Nadia Petrova?

Highest rank:
Dokic #4
Petrova#3

WTA Titles:
Dokic 5
Petrova 6

Best GSs:
Dokic: 1 SF in Wimbledon
Petrova: 2 SF in Rolan Garros

These numbers say that Nadia is better, but what do you tkink?

mirzalover
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:08 PM
i love jelena but nadia has had the better career at the moment even though it took her longer to achieve what jelena did

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Erm, well i have to pick Nadia to have the better career over Jelena for sure.

I mean Nadia has won all her 6 career titles at Tier II or above level while Jelena has only won 3 career titles at Tier II or above. Plus Nadia has the better career high ranking than Jelena (not that much of a difference, better career W/L record & has done overall better at the slams than Jelena has (2 RG SF's, 2 USO QF's, 1 AO QF & 1 Wimby QF for Nadia, 1 Wimby SF & QF & 1 RG QF for Jelena).

So that's my clear decision & it's obvious.

The Daviator
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Nadia, obviously...

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Of course, it's Petrova.

LDF
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Petrova :)

geko
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Petrova :D !

Ferosh
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I can't even believe you're asking this question.

cheyk
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:16 PM
I can't even believe you're asking this question.
I am sure that Nadia has a better career than Jelena, but here is my real question... why is Jelena more famous that Nadia???:confused:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:16 PM
What a stupid question :haha:

Well, take this as an answer -

They are about same age, Nadia is 3. in the world, Jelena is 583.

I really wonder who is better :rolleyes: :ras:

Ferosh
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I am sure that Nadia has a better career than Jelena, but here is my real question... why is Jelena more famous that Nadia???:confused:

Because she has big jugs...:p

Because her rise and subsequent fall from the game makes an interesting story.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:20 PM

Well that is completly different question. But stupid again :D
JD is attractive persone. She is hot! She is a dream of majority of people...while Nadia on the other hand is everything but hot, or cute, or prettie... Understand now why is JD more famous?
And by the way, Nadia didn't sink to 583., didn't left her's family, she appears on tournaments, so she isn't a mystery, while JD is...

Craigy
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:22 PM

Jelena is now more famous for her fall in the rankings. And she had the looks so obviously she was more famous :p ;)

LefandePatty
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Jelena for sure.

A_Skywalker
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Nadia

mirzalover
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Well that is completly different question. But stupid again :D
JD is attractive persone. She is hot! She is a dream of majority of people...while Nadia on the other hand is everything but hot, or cute, or prettie... Understand now why is JD more famous?
And by the way, Nadia didn't sink to 583., didn't left her's family, she appears on tournaments, so she isn't a mystery, while JD is...

No No No it's her Jugs plane and simply her jugs no questions about her jugs made her

Havok
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Petrova, just slightly. Dokic was the far more talented and better player of the two, though, but with such a fucked up life her tennis career was over far too quickly.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Nadia has plenty of talent.

So Disrespectful
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Well I think Capriati and the Williams sisters feared playing Jelena more than the current top players do Petrova.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Nadia beat Jennifer a long time ago at RG, in 2003. Beat Seles that same tournament.

So Disrespectful
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Nadia beat Jennifer a long time ago at RG, in 2003. Beat Seles that same tournament.

And Zvonareva beat Venus a long time ago at RG, in 2003.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Well I think Capriati and the Williams sisters feared playing Jelena more than the current top players do Petrova.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Look at the H2H between Nadia and Capriati + Williams, and to the same with Dokić...

You have another thing comming :p :wavey:

So Disrespectful
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:41 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Look at the H2H between Nadia and Capriati + Williams, and to the same with Dokić...

Too bad Petrova didn't really exist when the WS and Capriati were playing good tennis.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Nadia exists now. Bring on the Williams sisters.
Forget that, bring on Dokic!

Tenis Srbija
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Too bad Petrova didn't really exist when the WS and Capriati were playing good tennis.

Well Jelena Dokić existed than, but what has she done??? :ras:
You are just shoveling up yourself when saying things like this :wavey:

So Disrespectful
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Well Jelena Dokić existed than, but what has she done??? :ras:

If you can't see my point then that's your problem.

Dokic in 2001/2002= more feared by Capriati/WS than Petrova is feared by Mauresmo and JHH now.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:05 AM
What a hell???

You have said now that Dokić feard more of Capriati and W, then Petrova is of JHH and MoMo???

Well if that is what are you saying, than sorry... That's right :hug:

But you said this first time
"Well I think Capriati and the Williams sisters feared playing Jelena more than the current top players do Petrova." - and that means that C and W were more affraid of JD, than MoMo and JuJu are of Petrova... and that's just rubish! :)

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Like you can determine the Williams fear :haha:

Brooklyn90
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:16 AM
ummm the stats speak for itself

Lulu.
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Jelena by far

Ferosh
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:34 AM
If you can't see my point then that's your problem.

Dokic in 2002/2002= more feared by Capriati/WS than Petrova is feared by Mauresmo and JHH now.

The only reality is that up to this point, Nadia has already achieved more than Dokic. Nadia is ranked in the top ten, and she will more than likely continue to do so. Meanwhile, Jelena is being racially harassed or whatever the story is this week.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:36 AM
The only reality is that up to this point, Nadia has already achieved more than Dokic. Nadia is ranked in the top ten, and she will more than likely continue to do so. Meanwhile, Jelena is being racially harassed or whatever the story is this week.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:worship:

Ben.
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:37 AM

as much as I like jelena i have to agree with dementrova here.

Ferosh
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:38 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:worship:

I thought it was pretty funny myself! :spit:

Some people just can't accept the reality. :rolleyes:

Ferosh
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:39 AM
as much as I like jelena i have to agree with dementrova here.

It's not that I dislike her or anything like that. The results clearly speak for themselves. Should Jelena make a comeback, then we talk again.

tenn_ace
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM

or unable to add 2 and 2 :lol:

So Disrespectful
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:42 AM
What a hell???

You have said now that Dokić feard more of Capriati and W, then Petrova is of JHH and MoMo???

Well if that is what are you saying, than sorry... That's right :hug:

But you said this first time
"Well I think Capriati and the Williams sisters feared playing Jelena more than the current top players do Petrova." - and that means that C and W were more affraid of JD, than MoMo and JuJu are of Petrova... and that's just rubish! :)

I made the exact same point in both posts. I know it's hard speaking a language other than your first.

Ben.
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:43 AM
It's not that I dislike her or anything like that. The results clearly speak for themselves. Should Jelena make a comeback, then we talk again.

oh i know that you don't dislike her & just i'm sticking up for you & agreeing with your point :worship:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:55 AM

Yes it was damn funny :lol: :lol:
But the truth :)

.Andrew.
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Nadia easily. And she's just starting to get better.

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:01 AM
The way Nadia is playing today, Dokic should play her now.

selyoink
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Its pretty clear Nadia has had a better career.

Martian Stacey
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:30 AM
:lol: precisely ;)

Nadia still has much more potential, she should continue to achieve a lot more in the remainder of her career. To me it looks like Dokic is done. I'll be shocked if she gets back into the top 100, let alone the top 10.

powerbackhand
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:37 AM
jelena is my favourite player ever then it is nadia and to be fair you would have to choose nadias career over jelenas. but jelena is for sure as talented as nadia and if things hadnt fallen apart would be where nadia is today

Shimizu Amon
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Well for me it's clear: Nadia has the best career, not only because she already accomplished so much but she's still in the game.

Maria Croft
Dec 30th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Seriously?

Petrova of course.

MatchpointPRT
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:44 PM
If you ask who has the better career at the moment i say Petrova, but you can do other questions about their careers ,where Jelena will have my vote...

jazar
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:51 PM
what a tough question. let me see, is it the attention seeking lowly ranked has been or the top 10 grand slam contender?

Just Do It
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I must say Dokic just because I'm the biggest Dokic fan here ;)

By the way Jelena is more famous and popular than Nadia...i guess its because of her miserable career (life) in the past 3 years !!! And of course JD is hot awwww :inlove:

UDACHi
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:43 PM
nadia by far.

goldenlox
Dec 31st, 2006, 01:54 AM
Did Dokic really scare the Williams sisters?
That's hard to believe. Anyway, I hope she makes it back, but right now, she's far away.