PDA

View Full Version : why do so many players feel the need to talk about sharapova?

VenusMashaROCK
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:05 PM
seriously. who cares if she doesnt talk to anyone? is that a crime??? whatwas the point of ana ivanovic :confused: :confused: :confused: maybe shes just shy or cold. each person is a different way

maybe masha should make a press conference saying "ivanovic doesnt beat anyone. whereas i win slams" :confused: :confused: :confused:

*Jool*
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:08 PM
maybe they're asked to talk about Sharapova most of the time , arent they ? :shrug:

Derek.
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:11 PM
They're always asked because the media likes to stir stuff.

Plus they're jealous.

James
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM
maybe they're asked to talk about Sharapova most of the time , arent they ? :shrug:

That seems to be the logical explanation.

James
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:14 PM
seriously. who cares if she doesnt talk to anyone? is that a crime??? whatwas the point of ana ivanovic :confused: :confused: :confused: maybe shes just shy or cold. each person is a different way

maybe masha should make a press conference saying "ivanovic doesnt beat anyone. whereas i win slams" :confused: :confused: :confused:

Why would Maria have to do that? Wouldn't be doing the same thing then she was blaming Ana for?

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:16 PM
yeah, they're asked.

Paneru
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:16 PM
For the most part because they are constantly
asked about her. And we've seen where players
on the WTA as well as the ATP get miffed when
asked about her at various times.

IMO, for the most part most athletes don't care to talk
about her or most any other athletes on the tour, period.

Also, the media picks up and prints just about
anything and everything, so ofcourse it would appear
that many are talking about her, when in actuallity, few are.

miffedmax
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:20 PM
And TOB fans love to post quotes so they can feel like she's the center of the universe.

Helen Lawson
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:30 PM
They're jealous as hell!

Sonja
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
For the most part because they are constantly
asked about her. And we've seen where players
on the WTA as well as the ATP get miffed when
asked about her at various times.

IMO, for the most part most athletes don't care to talk
about her or most any other athletes on the tour, period.

Also, the media picks up and prints just about
anything and everything, so ofcourse it would appear
that many are talking about her, when in actuallity, few are.

I agree, the players want to be asked about their own game instead of continuous questions about someone else. If they finally give a short answer (no matter how diplomatic), it gives the media something to twist, and they can move on to questions about their own match.

Sharapova is the "it girl" of tennis right now and whether you like it or not, the media frenzy will continue until the next "it girl" comes along. :)

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
When Dementieva and Myskina gave their opinions about her in 2004, the media started to ask other players also.
And a lot of them say Sharapova won't talk to them.
Big deal.

hablo
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:49 PM
why do journalists feel the need to ask other players about Sharpie ? :confused:

LoveFifteen
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:24 PM
They're jealous as hell!

Only players as flat and scabbed as Justine could be jealous of that acne-scared, A-cup-bra banshee.

jazar
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:26 PM
they are all secret lesbians and fancy her

Derek.
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Only players as flat and scabbed as Justine could be jealous of that acne-scared, A-cup-bra banshee.

At least she doesn't have to settle for someone like Radek. ;)

Helen Lawson
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:32 PM

Hon, I didn't say Martina was jealous as hell, just these other broads who are always trashing her. :cool:

azdaja
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:34 PM

how many of you half-literate sharapova fans realise that ana said she hadn't made these comments about maria?

Unfortunately something was lost in the translation of my interview with Gazzetta because I definitely didn’t say those things about Sharapova, or about “sweating like a pig”! I would never say things like that.

Love
Ana

journalists like this kind of rivalries and are prepared to spice up the stories they get. and even so, other players don't make press conferences about maria, they simply get asked about her by journalists.

VenusMashaROCK
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:04 PM

acne scarred? she's a teen u idiot

Adal
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:14 PM
When Dementieva and Myskina gave their opinions about her in 2004, the media started to ask other players also.
And a lot of them say Sharapova won't talk to them.
Big deal.

Actually not. The only start asking when Sharapova starts to win. All these comments from Ana, Peer and others were after Sharapova won US Open and some other big tournaments. Also when she won Wimbledon there were many comments on her. I don't think someone said something about here when, for example, whe was injured in the end of 2005 and didn't win anything.

Sefo
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:20 PM
I think this thread should be appended to the "...Sharapova didn't talk, smile..." thread. The subject is too similar. This way that thread could reach 20 pages much sooner hehe.

mashamaniac
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM
i'm also amazed that why some players(not only ana)say things about masha.it is really strange!

Craigy
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:20 PM
acne scarred? she's a teen u idiot

Well if we will take that route then when Serena was 19 she didn't have laods of acne and she had a rather nice bra size you could say. :lick:

LudwigDvorak
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Yes, Sharapova should invest in Noxzema. Photoshop can only do so much.

But Sharapova is the only famous tennis player right now on the WTA. The sisters are almost always gone, and honestly I think people in the media aren't that excited about them--"omg there s000 2002," and such. Not saying I agree with that, but hey. I don't see the sisters making headlines anymore about anything pertaining to tennis, so I hope they getsta steppin' in '07 somehow.

K-Dog
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:37 PM
The thing is though, if Maria never said anything bad about anyone, they why say anything bad about her. I've NEVER heard Maria bad talk any of the players, so what gives them the right to talk about her. Their responces should be "no comment" or very general answers. Once Maria starts talking shit about other players, no other player should talk about her in a negative respect because I'm sure that Maria could talk about the other players and the gossip about each player to the media if she wanted to.

Vincey!
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:43 PM
The thing is though, if Maria never said anything bad about anyone, they why say anything bad about her. I've NEVER heard Maria bad talk any of the players, so what gives them the right to talk about her. Their responces should be "no comment" or very general answers. Once Maria starts talking shit about other players, no other player should talk about her in a negative respect because I'm sure that Maria could talk about the other players and the gossip about each player to the media if she wanted to.

Yeah totally agree :worship:

DavidEllul
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM

you suck, you know that ?

LoveFifteen
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:18 AM
you suck, you know that ?

Yes, I do suck, especially when it's big, thick and long. :drool: :lick:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I agree that she doesn't have to talk to anyone... It's just that's a little bit funky. But I know a couple of ITF girls, that are also not talking much. Like Dia Evtimova from Bulgaria :ras: I think that's stupid. Make friends, they will need you once if not now. Money and daddy is not all Maria ;)

But if she doesn't wanna speak to anyone, oki-doki :wavey:

azdaja
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:34 AM
so, did by now any sharapova fan register that the recent comments by ana were either invented or exaggerated? no? thought so :p

VenusMashaROCK
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:48 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

.david.
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:58 AM
:worship:

Dan23
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:00 PM
And TOB fans love to post quotes so they can feel like she's the center of the universe.
replace "TOB fans" with "goldenlox" ;)

goldenlox
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Oh Please. :rolleyes:

I don't care if Sharapova never talks to anyone.

mdsc8
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:12 PM

exactly. so why put the blame on ANa? after all, she's just answering a question by her own opinion.:rolleyes:

Dan23
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:15 PM
case of the pot calling the kettle black??

volta
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Yes, I do suck, especially when it's big, thick and long. :drool: :lick:

lmao :haha:

Neptune
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM
exactly. so why put the blame on ANa? after all, she's just answering a question by her own opinion.:rolleyes:

But a lot of players has been questionned about Maria and some never said a bad thing about her........So,there's also the possibilty to be smart simply because Maria is always nice with others players in interview.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Commom, just leave Ana out of this.

Tennis-Chick
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Well if she doesn't ever talk to them, then why should she care what they are saying about her.

VenusMashaROCK
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:12 PM
as long as maria keeps trashing them on the court, i'll be fine

beware ana, maria will kick your ass when u play her ;)

azdaja
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM
as long as maria keeps trashing them on the court, i'll be fine

beware ana, maria will kick your ass when u play her ;)
this is just too amusing by now :lol:

Mina Vagante
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:19 PM
i duno but its annoying

kinglear
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:36 PM

haha damn right!! Those are facts right there. Plus, a lot of people are jealous. People should just focus on their own game.

DaniMasha3
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:18 PM
I think tennis has gone outside the game and more about the drama. And i think it really is annoying I mean when Masha's on court all she thinks about tennis. so i love that about her.

VenusMashaROCK
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:50 PM
lol. TEAM SHARAPOVA forever!!

LoveFifteen
Dec 31st, 2006, 06:32 PM
case of the pot calling the kettle black??

Yes, absolutely. I am flat-chested. I scream like an animal in the slaughterhouse after every groundstroke. And my face is acne-scarred. :bigcry:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 31st, 2006, 06:35 PM
:lol:

silverarrows
Dec 31st, 2006, 06:48 PM
Yes, absolutely. I am flat-chested. I scream like an animal in the slaughterhouse after every groundstroke. And my face is acne-scarred. :bigcry:

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan23
Jan 1st, 2007, 03:21 AM
Well thats sad for you...im sorry.
You obviously dont know what acne is and your avatar is hardly a picture of beauty. :o