PDA

View Full Version : Medibank: New International Section Gives Fans Chance To Show Their National Pride

tenn_ace
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:45 PM
New International Section Gives Fans Chance To Show Their National Pride

SYDNEY, 20 December 2006: To celebrate the Wonderful World of Tennis, the Medibank International has launched designated ‘international’ sections in Centre Court to give fans the chance to show patriotic support for their nation’s tennis heroes.

“This is a great opportunity for fans to show their national pride and colours,” said Tournament Director Mr. Craig Watson. “The Spaniards are passionate about their world number two Rafael Nadal, so should come out in force to give him extra support. The same goes for the Cypriots and Greeks for Marcos Baghdatis, the Russians for all their top players or the French for the likes of Amelie Mauresmo and Richard Gasquet. Australians will also have an opportunity to cheer on Lleyton Hewitt as he goes for his fifth Medibank International title.”

A section of Centre Court seating will be allocated each day to fans of a particular nation to support a player involved in one of the featured matches. Like-minded sports fans can gather in these sections and use flags and banners to cheer on their favourite tennis player.

The ‘international sections’ will create an exciting atmosphere on Centre Court and serve to enhance the world’s best tennis being played in January at the Medibank International. The Players should be thrilled to have vocal and visual support from fans in Sydney who support both them and their nation in one guaranteed section.

Sports fans can get hold of the limited ‘international’ section seats that will be available each day by:

Visiting the Tournament website, www.medibankinternational.com (http://www.medibankinternational.com/) to find out what nation will be represented in the international section the night before the match
Purchasing tickets only at the Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre Box Office on the day of the match.
When purchasing tickets at the Box Office, state which country they are supporting. Those fans will then be allocated seats in the designated country’s section in the Centre Court stadium.

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Does this mean if you root for a non-Aussie they put you in a special section?

tenn_ace
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I guess, this is the time not to let tham know what country you are from when you buy a ticket :lol:

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:53 PM
I read it again. I still don't understand it.
They herd all the fans of a country into one section?

tenn_ace
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:55 PM
only if you want ;)

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
mmm, interesting ;)

sharas36
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I guess, this is the time not to let tham know what country you are from when you buy a ticket :lol:
:devil:

Martian Stacey
Dec 30th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Thats weird.. does that mean they have not sold any tickets in these sections yet? :confused:

Its probably a bit late to announce this, I mean tickets have been on sale for a while so a lot of people wanting to attend the tournament will have already bought tickets and they won't be able to sit in this internation section unless they buy a new ticket.

Princess Sarah.
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:13 AM
shit i hope i'm in the spanish section for rafa's matches, the computer just dumped us randomly!

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:24 AM
shit i hope i'm in the spanish section for rafa's matches, the computer just dumped us randomly!

a woooow ur going? tell us how it is por favor