PDA

View Full Version : Is the Wii worth it?

nflatte
Dec 29th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Hey guys,
I've heard a lot of great comments about Wii Tennis. Everyone tells me the game is addictive and fun, but is it as challenging as Topspin 2 on XBOX 360? Probably not, but I'd love to hear your input on Wii as I'm considering to buy one for myself.

Petersmiler
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:51 PM
It's a completely different experience to Top Spin.

Wii Tennis is more about fun and, if in company, making a bit of an idiot of yourself. It certainly isn't very indepth, there are barely any options, but it does come on a disc with four other sports too.

crazillo
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:24 PM
The whole game is only designed to get a feeling for the Remote and it is not a simulation or something like that.
I've played the game twice at a friend's house and must say I'm quite disappointed about it. The other games are a lot better, esp. bowling and baseball make a lot of fun IMO.

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Wii Tennis is about fun w/ friends

Top Spin 2 is about being the best (video game) tennis player around.

Wii = WTT
Top Spin 2 = 4 Majors

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:32 PM
...oh and Wii tennis is only dubs, no singles

LDF
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:48 PM
The whole game is only designed to get a feeling for the Remote and it is not a simulation or something like that.
I've played the game twice at a friend's house and must say I'm quite disappointed about it. The other games are a lot better, esp. bowling and baseball make a lot of fun IMO.

Exactly - it was never meant to be a full tennis game with a tour, etc.

I personally find it quite fun, but at first it was difficult to hit anything except loopy topspin balls. I can hit the ball flatter and harder now though :)

!<blocparty>!
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:12 PM
I can't wait to get this game. :dance: Hopefully they'll make an official tennis game for it.

Does anyone know of any plans?

égalité
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Wii Sports comes with the console and is really only there to get you used to the controller. The tennis game is still a lot of fun but there aren't many options. When they release a real tennis game, it'll be amazing :hearts:

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:26 PM
yeah :bounce: I can't wait :dance:

SpankMe
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:04 PM
:confused: Shouldn't this be in the non-tennis section?

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:05 PM
:p, no, in the game, you make yourself, and you're real player :p :lol:

SpankMe
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:08 PM
:p, no, in the game, you make yourself, and you're real player :p :lol:
:hehehe: ..I'll look forward to meeting you in the Oz Open Final then...prepare to be thrashed ;) :p :lol:

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:16 PM
umm no :rolleyes: unlike my namesake (check the avy) I AM fit!

So get ready for a beatdown ho :boxing:

:lol:

volta
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:48 PM
i love it but its just like osmeone said Top Spin is more about competition and Wii sports is more about fun