PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever embarrassed yourself in front of a player?

!<blocparty>!
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:00 AM
I just saw this on MTF, the guy in the opening post said he stole it from here (sometime in 2004)... I can't find the thread to bump so here's a new one.

So, have you? :devil:

AJZ.
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Yes :lol:
Vivi Pascual was practicing in something that resembled a bra, so I took a picture of it because I found it rather funny. But as I was snapping the picture, she looked right at me and looked so bizarre :lol: I was really embarassed.
I remember back in 2005 Mike Bryan (or Bob, I don't know) looked at me weird; mostly because I was looking at him weird, because I was too shy to go up to him and ask him for an autograph (I'd been watching them practice)
Mikhail Youzhny also looked at me weird because I'd watched him practice for an hour and some minutes (so hot :drool:) but I was the only one there the entire time. I didn't have the guts to go up to him and ask for an autograph either, I'd probably have melted on the spot :o
I loooked at Jelena Jankovic a really long time when she was on a cart after her match. She had such a good-looking face - smooth, almost like a porcelain doll - that I had to look. She must've found me bizarre >_>
When I was watching Ai play Svetlana, and she had two set points - I yelled out "Come on, Ai, you've got another chance!" after she missed the first one. She didn't react, but her camp did :lol: I was the only one in her favor!

That's basically it :angel:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:18 AM
The first time I saw Lindsay Davenport in person was when she was walking to a practice court at Wimbledon's Aorangi park... she walked right passed me with a pen and auto book in my hand! I tried to say something to get her attention but nothing came out of my mouth. My body just froze on the spot until security guards pushed me out of the way :o I had a mini-seizure or something.

In Eastbourne we were walking around the seafront around 10pm and we saw Tammy T walking from her hotel - I got a bit excited and shouted out really loudly "IT'S TAMMY TANASUGARN!!!!" She blushed and looked really uncomfortable :tape:. Then when we were walking back she was walking into her hotel too :o, when she saw me she quickly looked away and sped up into the reception whispering to her coach. :tape:

We were following Kim Clijsters from Aorangi park to the millennium building this year (@ Wimbledon again). I had my camera out all ready and since it was quiet I shouted on/asked Kim if she would SMILE... so she like turned around for half a second, smiled and was like "Erm, who the fuck are you leave me alone :unsure:". It was embarrassing, I don't even like her! Thanks, Kim.

AJZ.
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Poor you about Tammy, that's really bad :lol: :hug: And that's weird about Kim ^o)

LudwigDvorak
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:23 AM
hahahhaha. So Kim isn't the angel everyone thinks she is. :p

I haven't met any players, but I can imagine I'd be a bumbling idiot. I'm like that around normal people anyway.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:23 AM
At Eastbourne I was watching Jamea Jackson practice when this fat yah woman walked passed me and shouted out loud in front of everyone to her husband - "LOOK! IT'S A WILLIAMS SISTER!" :o:tape:. Her husband said something in her ear that was probably along the lines of: "no it's not you dumb bitch, it's Jamea Jackson"... her face was PRICELESS. :haha:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:25 AM
hahahhaha. So Kim isn't the angel everyone thinks she is. :p

I haven't met any players, but I can imagine I'd be a bumbling idiot. I'm like that around normal people anyway.

Unfortunately, Kim really is that nice. I think I caught her at a bad time that day - she was being all lovey-dovey with hubby. She let me keep a practice ball she hit out of court at Eastbourne.

Brooklyn90
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:26 AM
At Eastbourne I was watching Jamea Jackson practice when this fat yah woman walked passed me and shouted out loud in front of everyone to her husband - "LOOK! IT'S A WILLIAMS SISTER!" :o:tape:. Her husband said something in her ear that was probably along the lines of: "no it's not you dumb bitch, it's Jamea Jackson"... her face was PRICELESS. :haha:

omg :lol:

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Unfortunately, Kim really is that nice. I think I caught her at a bad time that day - she was being all lovey-dovey with hubby. She let me keep a practice ball she hit out of court at Eastbourne.

i feel sorry for you.

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:42 AM

:lol:

hablo
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:51 AM
We were following Kim Clijsters from Aorangi park to the millennium building this year (@ Wimbledon again). I had my camera out all ready and since it was quiet I shouted on/asked Kim if she would SMILE... so she like turned around for half a second, smiled and was like "Erm, who the fuck are you leave me alone :unsure:". It was embarrassing, I don't even like her! Thanks, Kim.
That's not very nice! :speakles:

I don't ask for autographs, I just take pics :p (I don't ask to take them either :lol::tape: )

UDACHi
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:54 AM
i love stories like these. i could have asked elena for a picture when she left the practice courts at new haven this year, but i would have shit myself if i got too close to her.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:55 AM
That's not very nice! :speakles:

Oh, wait. :lol: Kim didn't actually say that. :p Her expression was more than enough for me to get the message.

hablo
Dec 29th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Oh, wait. :lol: Kim didn't actually say that. :p Her expression was more than enough for me to get the message.
:haha: ah, ok, way to embellish things! :p

Linds_Supporter
Dec 29th, 2006, 03:37 AM
My friend and I were at the Australian Open, and he told me that her and I were "too tall for women". Who should walk by then but Lindsay herself. She heard it all.

RunDown
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:42 AM
In Eastbourne we were walking around the seafront around 10pm and we saw Tammy T walking from her hotel - I got a bit excited and shouted out really loudly "IT'S TAMMY TANASUGARN!!!!" She blushed and looked really uncomfortable :tape:. Then when we were walking back she was walking into her hotel too :o, when she saw me she quickly looked away and sped up into the reception whispering to her coach. :tape:

:lol: :lol:

Drake1980
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:03 AM
In San Diego in 1999 I asked Jane Chi for her autograph but had my booked turned to Melien Tu's page. She was like that's not me. I was so embarrased but she thought it was funny!

Hayato
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Not really embarassing, but I can tell me and Nicole Pratt just wouldn't get along. At the Australian Open a few years ago she was practising with Daniilidou and some others and, in one of her typical shots, she framed the ball and it flew off the court and hit me (not very hard) in the shoulder and she just looked at me and didn't say anything and kept practising. :lol: I hate her anyway. Then at Wimbledon last year she was playing Cervanova and I looked at her and she was concentrating hard and hadn't looked up for the whole match, except she looked at me and then straight away went to serve and did a double fault. :p

¤CharlDa¤
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:22 AM
O.K. your stories were great, but I think I'll win here!

As a ballboy in the Bell Challenge, we were always promised that we would have the chance to hit with a player on the sunday of the final (which was also our annual brunch). In like 10 years, it happened only once, but we always keep on hoping. One year, we were told that Poutchek and Jidkova, who had lost in the doubles semis the day before, would play with us. So everyone got totally excited, including me who is an avid player and who was so looking forward to a chance to impress them (I was like 11-12 btw) So I hit like one point against Poutchek and it goes fine, they were pushing and so was I cause I was so scared to miss! Then we switch players and we get to play a game of Ping Pong against Jidkova. You know the game where each time you hit a ball in the court, you go back in line and another person hits it, etc, until like no one is left. Well Alina was on one side, and like 10 ballboys including me were on the others. After a few runs, it was clear that the ballboys were pushing the ball in so Alina started hitting harder and making us run. So when it comes to my turn, Alina just hits a really good drop shot. But I'm known for being fast around the court, so I just really started running like crazy up to the dropshot, i was so intense, focused, was only seeing the ball...finally, the ball did two bounces, i looked up and the moment I thought about slowing down, I just went face first in the net, started rolling in it and just went through it and arrived on Alina's side with my knees and elbows bleeding and my eyes full of tears.....So embarassing...Alina was like: are you ok, poor kid, etc. I've hated her since then (not cause of that, mostly cause of her dramatic wins over my faves ;))

Derek.
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Well I had just gotten Nadia Petrova's autograph and I was looking at it, not paying attention to where I was going, and all of the sudden I bumped into this old hag who shouted "watch out kid!" and then I realized it was Martina Navratilova. :tape:

Hachiko
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Not that embarrassing but in Sydney a few years ago, Lindsay was half way through signing her autograph but my pen suddenly ran out. She said "You need a new pen, buddy."

Sunny_Boy
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Umm, my story is more stupid then embarrasing. When asking for Amy Frazier's autograph, I handed her my texta but heard her mutter something and I couldn't make out what she said so I just agreed with her, she mutted again this time sounding frustrated "No. no, just pull the lid" (off the texta)
She seemed happy :)

aussy89
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:10 AM
iv only ever met sammy, but meeting other players in sports, i never want there autograph jus a picture, do u guys ask for autograph or both? lets c who i meet at ao an c if i have any embarrsing storys, i feel like i never get embarrsd or like go shy wen meeting a player, i jus start chatting away like there jus a mate, an as i work at th waca an other sporting venues iv met a few sporting athelets i think im used to it nw,to not hav emabrrsin mments =)

Drake1980
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Well I had just gotten Nadia Petrova's autograph and I was looking at it, not paying attention to where I was going, and all of the sudden I bumped into this old hag who shouted "watch out kid!" and then I realized it was Martina Navratilova. :tape:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Are you serious?

DutchieGirl
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:46 AM

:lol: Totally not surprised that Nav would be like that!

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:50 AM
i'm goin to the aussie open for the 1st four days with RLA tickets & i hope i can get an autograph from kim. hope i better not do anything stupid or embarrassing like you guys have but it could well happen :lol: better bring a texta with me just in case ;)

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:51 AM

not surprised :lol:

Jeff
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I already said this in another post a while back, but two years ago at the JPMorgan Chase Open Nadia Petrova and Meghann Shaughnessy were playing doubles together. I brought my younger cousin with me to the tournament and he was all into getting autographs, even though he didn't know the players. He walked up to Petrova after the match and said "Shaughnessy, will you sign this (my ball)?" I think that pissed on her off. And then I went to give her my tennis ball to sign and it dropped from her hand. I went to pick it up and she said very rudely "I GOT IT."

This year at the JPMorgan, I tried getting an autograph from Venus who was coming up the steps to leave the stadium. Lol, i was surrounded by all of her family pretty much as I asked for her autograph. She said "Uh...no I don't think so." Pretty embarrassing, considering the way she said it and considering her entire family was looking at me since they were paused waiting for me to move out of the way to come up the steps. Oh well, I still love Vee :p

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:59 AM

lk89
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I brought my 4 year old nephew to the Rogers Cup and we were getting Hingis' autograph and he asks her "Are you the scary one who screams a lot?" She smiled and said "I don't think so but I may know her."

slk45
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:13 AM
:haha:

Linds_Supporter
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:16 AM
I already said this in another post a while back, but two years ago at the JPMorgan Chase Open Nadia Petrova and Meghann Shaughnessy were playing doubles together. I brought my younger cousin with me to the tournament and he was all into getting autographs, even though he didn't know the players. He walked up to Petrova after the match and said "Shaughnessy, will you sign this (my ball)?" I think that pissed on her off. And then I went to give her my tennis ball to sign and it dropped from her hand. I went to pick it up and she said very rudely "I GOT IT."

This year at the JPMorgan, I tried getting an autograph from Venus who was coming up the steps to leave the stadium. Lol, i was surrounded by all of her family pretty much as I asked for her autograph. She said "Uh...no I don't think so." Pretty embarrassing, considering the way she said it and considering her entire family was looking at me since they were paused waiting for me to move out of the way to come up the steps. Oh well, I still love Vee :p

How could you still love her if she said that? That's very rude!

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:40 AM
that thread on MTF has been going around for nearly 2 yrs now
suprised it hasnt come up here until now.

more stories....... but i dont have any of my own :p

Martian Stacey
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I brought my 4 year old nephew to the Rogers Cup and we were getting Hingis' autograph and he asks her "Are you the scary one who screams a lot?" She smiled and said "I don't think so but I may know her."
:lol: thats so cute

DutchieGirl
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:52 AM

aww! Cute!

Brooklyn90
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:55 AM
O.K. your stories were great, but I think I'll win here!

As a ballboy in the Bell Challenge, we were always promised that we would have the chance to hit with a player on the sunday of the final (which was also our annual brunch). In like 10 years, it happened only once, but we always keep on hoping. One year, we were told that Poutchek and Jidkova, who had lost in the doubles semis the day before, would play with us. So everyone got totally excited, including me who is an avid player and who was so looking forward to a chance to impress them (I was like 11-12 btw) So I hit like one point against Poutchek and it goes fine, they were pushing and so was I cause I was so scared to miss! Then we switch players and we get to play a game of Ping Pong against Jidkova. You know the game where each time you hit a ball in the court, you go back in line and another person hits it, etc, until like no one is left. Well Alina was on one side, and like 10 ballboys including me were on the others. After a few runs, it was clear that the ballboys were pushing the ball in so Alina started hitting harder and making us run. So when it comes to my turn, Alina just hits a really good drop shot. But I'm known for being fast around the court, so I just really started running like crazy up to the dropshot, i was so intense, focused, was only seeing the ball...finally, the ball did two bounces, i looked up and the moment I thought about slowing down, I just went face first in the net, started rolling in it and just went through it and arrived on Alina's side with my knees and elbows bleeding and my eyes full of tears.....So embarassing...Alina was like: are you ok, poor kid, etc. I've hated her since then (not cause of that, mostly cause of her dramatic wins over my faves ;))

omg :lol: :o

-sugi-
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Great thread :) I have quite a few to share.

At Roland Garros this year, I was watching Camille Pin play an exhibition match against Tathiana Garbin. So I was watching the match, enjoying it and the court was quite empty. I was with my friend. During one of the breaks my friend said "Isn't that Anna-Lena Groenefeld?" pointing to a woman with a coach sitting on a row next to us. I told him it was and he decided he would like her autograph so went to get it at another break. She then said "I have no time, get away from me." and gave a really evil look at my friend. She was due to play Pin in round 1, but she wasn't like taking notes and didn't look "busy" but at Hasselt this year, we saw her and all her family walking across the lobby and my friend thought it would be funny to go after her now. But here she signed his book nicely and was very nice.

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:13 AM
i was in front of a training of sveta, but i wasnt even looking at her, i was sendind a sms.
Then her trainer came to me and my friend and asked "do you want to make a pic with sveta?" we didnt understand and she asked her coach "con el o ella?"(with her or with him), so she jumped over the barrier to make a pic...but it took 1minute for us to understand the whole situation and at least 5 to get our cameras prepared...she just smiled and we took a great pic

oh i forgot to mention that i nearly fall in front of dani, but fortunately she didnt see it (or pretended not to see?)
i still love u dani!

cool :yeah:

Rohin.
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Nope.. Kim did give me the death stare though during Daniela vs Serena at the 05 oz open match... We where in the players area and I accedently let a "bullshit" slip at one of the line calls.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Nope.. Kim did give me the death stare though during Daniela vs Serena at the 05 oz open match... We where in the players area and I accedently let a "bullshit" slip at one of the line calls.

:lol: Did you see who Kim was cheering for ?;)

Ben.
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:07 AM

well most players do give you the death stare if you stare at them for a few long seconds or if you do something which they think is completely weird.

but your story is :lol: & :yeah:

LudwigDvorak
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:34 AM

ahhahahahahahah. That is Hingis at her best. Classic.

rockstar
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:35 AM

anyone's a kid compared to martina n :tape:

:lol: :o

SloKid
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:41 AM
This year in Portoroz I saw Bychkova on her way to practice and I stopped her and asked her if I can take a pic of her, she stopped and posed, but had a look on her face that clearly said: "You don't even know who am I :rolleyes:"
It was esp. visible when she walked on after the pic.

-sugi-
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:46 AM
oh another one, at Strasbourg last year, I was walking around and saw Julia Vakulenko and I said to me friend "Oh my god, its Julia Vakulenko!" and Julia looked over at me and smiled in a nice way and said "hi" and when I saw her later around the complex she looked over at me and smiled :awww: Julia is a great girl

Princess Sarah.
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:47 AM
One of the brian bros kept giving me death stares coz i kept talking really loudly while they were practicing, and then they all started laughing when i was talking about this whore that i knew, using similar language

i am too scared to ask players for autographs, i just wait till the end of their practise sessions stick out my book and wait for them to sign it really works!

Oh yeah i embarrassed my friends by screaming really loudly for daniela against patty at sydney this yr and i was having a comp with who could yell louder with a patty fan- i won naturally

Keaka
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:51 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Oh so many great stuff here :haha:
Especially Martina Hingis "scary women" :lol:

I've never had anything like that happen to me :)

esquímaux
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:09 AM
At the AIG Open this year, I was walking out the coliseum and ran into the Paola/Vivi entourage. I said in a meek voice, "Paola!! Vivi!! :speakles:" And Paola stopped and gave me the cutest stare....but that other trick....:fiery::fiery::o Vivi sped up like a she was doing a 100 meter relay :o Paola called out to her (after she was 10 meters down the steps) and that heffa Vivi turned around with an expression like ," See ya wouldn't wanna be ya :ras:" Paola turned to me and said, "I think she's busy" :lol: But Paola signed and took a picture with me (which I had to hold the camera myself so we look like floating heads :o:o:o) I wanted Paola anyway, not Vivi :angel:

-sugi-
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:33 AM
At the AIG Open this year, I was walking out the coliseum and ran into the Paola/Vivi entourage. I said in a meek voice, "Paola!! Vivi!! :speakles:" And Paola stopped and gave me the cutest stare....but that other trick....:fiery::fiery::o Vivi sped up like a she was doing a 100 meter relay :o Paola called out to her (after she was 10 meters down the steps) and that heffa Vivi turned around with an expression like ," See ya wouldn't wanna be ya :ras:" Paola turned to me and said, "I think she's busy" :lol: But Paola signed and took a picture with me (which I had to hold the camera myself so we look like floating heads :o:o:o) I wanted Paola anyway, not Vivi :angel:
:awww: Paola is always very nice :D

Tenis Srbija
Dec 29th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Nice from Paola :worship:
Vivi :ras: :o

jazar
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:12 PM
i havent really embarrassd myself in front of a player, but i have embarrassed a player in front of myself. i was playing doubles against peter mcnamara and someone and i hit consecutive winners off macnamara's serve and he was going for his serves as well.

Derek.
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:22 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Are you serious?

Yes. :o

:lol: Totally not surprised that Nav would be like that!

not surprised :lol:

I wasn't either when I realized it was her. :tape:

anyone's a kid compared to martina n :tape:

:tape:

.Andrew.
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:38 PM

:lol: At Vivi :haha: Paola :kiss: Great story :worship:

.Andrew.
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:39 PM
oh another one, at Strasbourg last year, I was walking around and saw Julia Vakulenko and I said to me friend "Oh my god, its Julia Vakulenko!" and Julia looked over at me and smiled in a nice way and said "hi" and when I saw her later around the complex she looked over at me and smiled :awww: Julia is a great girl

Aww. Julia :D She is such a great girl I hear too and a great player too. Loved the match against Pierce at Wimbledon 05 :worship:

Joachim1978
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:45 PM
After Kim Clijsters beat Elena Dementieva in Hong Kong last year she exited the stadium by my side and stopped to sign autographs, we called out "kim" and she stopped what she was doing, looked right over at us and said "what?".

And I had no idea what to say, so I just said "Win Melbourne" and she just laughed.

The previous year while watching a doubles match between the Williams sisters and Dementieva/Zvonareva I said "Yes" a little too loudly when Venus double faulted on break point. The fans around me with their US flags weren't too happy, but Venus just shrugged it off.

Helen Lawson
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I was at Amelia last year watching the Dinara/Anna-Lena match on a side court, really close. A couple of minutes into the match, I lean over to one of the fags I'm usually stuck with and start telling him how Dinara's complextion isn't nearly as hideous as I'd seen in photos and what's been posted here and that "she isn't like the pizza-faced, crater-woman I'd been lead to believe." I was very careful that she was out of earshot. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until later that Vesnina and Dinara's coach were sitting right behind me in the stands. All I can hope is that they don't speak any English.

Derek.
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:50 PM
I was at Amelia last year watching the Dinara/Anna-Lena match on a side court, really close. A couple of minutes into the match, I lean over to one of the fags I'm usually stuck with and start telling him how Dinara's complextion isn't nearly as hideous as I'd seen in photos and what's been posted here and that "she isn't like the pizza-faced, crater-woman I'd been lead to believe." I was very careful that she was out of earshot. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until later that Vesnina and Dinara's coach were sitting right behind me in the stands. All I can hope is that they don't speak any English.

:lol: :tape:

slk45
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I was at Amelia last year watching the Dinara/Anna-Lena match on a side court, really close. A couple of minutes into the match, I lean over to one of the fags I'm usually stuck with and start telling him how Dinara's complextion isn't nearly as hideous as I'd seen in photos and what's been posted here and that "she isn't like the pizza-faced, crater-woman I'd been lead to believe." I was very careful that she was out of earshot. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until later that Vesnina and Dinara's coach were sitting right behind me in the stands. All I can hope is that they don't speak any English.:lol: :o Vesnina does. (I was there, btw, for the first 5 days. I was an usher.)

esquímaux
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:26 PM
we called out "kim" and she stopped what she was doing, looked right over at us and said "what?".:spit::haha::haha::haha::haha:

esquímaux
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:27 PM
...I lean over to one of the fags I'm usually stuck with...*death* :haha:

Dexter
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Not that embarrassing but in Sydney a few years ago, Lindsay was half way through signing her autograph but my pen suddenly ran out. She said "You need a new pen, buddy."
Similar thing happened to me :lol:

It was my first day this year @ J&S Cup. I watched Malek vs Czink (Q match) and Jelena Janković stood next to me. I wanted an autograph so I opened my pen when one girl was 2 pts away from the match (at 5-2 I believe). But the match went all the way into the TB :tape: And of course I forgot to block my pen :lol: :o When the match finally ended I asked Jelena for an autograph and my pen was dry :help: Jelena said 'Do you have another pen?' Actually it worked but indistinctly. So I answered I had none and she kept signing with the old one... and she drew me a little heart :kiss: :lol: She was nice to me though ;)

jazar
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:18 PM
i've thought of 2 now:

at the seniors masters at the albert hall the other year i was walking aound and i saw one of the lloyd brothers and a i called out,'hey look, its john lloyd' and he said 'actually, no, i'm david' and i was like 'oh, my bad'.

then at wimbledon i was standing by the kids tent and jeremy bates and cliff richard were doing some stuff with like 30 10 year old kids. and it had been pissing down with rain before and the roof of the tent had this big pool of water on it, and someone decided to get it all down. and i was jsut standing right where it all landed and got completly soaked and i yelled really loudly 'fuck you'

DutchieGirl
Dec 29th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Similar thing happened to me :lol:

It was my first day this year @ J&S Cup. I watched Malek vs Czink (Q match) and Jelena Janković stood next to me. I wanted an autograph so I opened my pen when one girl was 2 pts away from the match (at 5-2 I believe). But the match went all the way into the TB :tape: And of course I forgot to block my pen :lol: :o When the match finally ended I asked Jelena for an autograph and my pen was dry :help: Jelena said 'Do you have another pen?' Actually it worked but indistinctly. So I answered I had none and she kept signing with the old one... and she drew me a little heart :kiss: :lol: She was nice to me though ;)

ugh - that happened to me too. At the AO a few years ago, I wanted Domi van Roost (or however she's callng herself these days) auto in my program, and my black texta totally wouldn't work. She tried like 3 times, and was very apologetic. :hearts: So sweet - wasn't her fault my pen didn't work. But I could see the outline of her auto anyway, so I got a pen that worked and copied over it. :hehehe:

Jeff
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:18 PM
How could you still love her if she said that? That's very rude!

Well, honestly I was pissed for quite a while, but I got over it.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Everytime I've seen Venus she's acted like a total bitch and ignored everyone. She wouldn't even turn around to acknowledge her fans as she walked to practice in 05, there was like 30 of them screaming at her to give them a wave.

Helen Lawson
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Well, I never deny an autograph to a fan! I've gotten down on my hands and knees to get to all my fans behind bleachers and everything, even when there's hundreds of them screaming and yelling and demanding my signature!

My fans are life and death to me, baby, they're the ones who really make me!

RR-87
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:36 PM

SelesFan70
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I'm not a huge fan, but I almost got run over by the golf cart carrying Justine Henin-Hardene at the Family Circle Cup in 2003. :o It would have been embarassing to say the least. (Whomever was driving must've had a directive from Justine to drive fast).

Geertvg
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:59 PM
WHen I was like younger, we went to Knokke to see CLijsters play (well, I went for Tulyaganova VS Daniilidou aswell)... And on the way to the court, I saw Ruxandra Dragomir-Ilie standing and stretching, and since I was still quite young I dared to like try come closer and ask her for an autograph, but she just gave me this stare, she looked in my eyes and said "Can't you see I don't have time", psh'ed and walked away. I never liked her since! :p

SJW
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM

:angel:
OTOH I played it cool. Dork. :p

.Andrew.
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:10 AM

:tape: :tape: :tape: :haha:

selesfan1
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:32 AM
I have actually a few times

At Oklahoma City in 2000 I was a ballboy and Vanessa Webb hit me in the balls with one of her serves.

I went up to Allison Bradshaw once after one of her matches and asked for her autograph. I also had a camera in my hand with a little hand holder string thingy and my pen got tangled with the string so when Allison took the pen she took the camera with her so I had to hold the camera while she signed.

In Oklahoma City in 2001 Amanda Coetzer and Lori McNeil played doubles and beat a Japanese team quite easily. Afterwards I was waiting for Lori and Amanda to get their autograph. I had a tour calendar with Amanda's picture waiting for her to sign it. Lori walked over and I automatically flipped it to the cover and held it out for Lori to sign the covere and she said "Why'd you do that? Turn it to her picture" kind of in an upset/surprised way. Amanda was October and Lori said something like I didn't know you were October and the tournament director came over and said oooh,spooky and all three laughed. Amanda signed and handed the calendar back.

I was a ballkid for Monica Seles vs. Alexandra Stevenson in the quarterfinals of Oklahoma City. The court that year was odd as ther was a pretty large space between the end of the court(sponsors signs) and the back wall, maybe 30 feet. There was only a large sofa where if you won a drawing you got to sit there. No one was sitting there and for some reason they were only using four balls for that match instead of six. Monica served and Alexandra hit it out. Monica served but hit a fault and Monica was like where's the fourth ball. So Monica walked back and started looking then she glanced at me and I had to look for the ball and Monica was waiting. It was under the sofa. the delay was my fault as I was not a ballkid on court but was specifically assigned to take care of the dead man's land behind the court. I did not do what I was supposed to but Monica gave me no time on the previous point to go fetch the ball.

Anna Kournikova gave a clinic in Oklahoma City in 1999 at a local country club.I went and some nasty old man asked her to sign his shorts like right there and I gave Anna a dirty look and she gave it right back.

At a similar clinic back in 1998 Lindsay Davenport gave a clinic. We had to fetch our ball after we volleyed. So I was fetching my ball and a ball came my way pretty hard as I was bending over and knocked the raquet out of my hand. Lindsay seemed to be amused.

Earlier this year I was at a satellite event. I was taking notes to write a report in the satellite section of this page. Alexa Glatch was playing someone and some other players walked behind me and said "God,She's so thin I'd hate to see her fall,she might break" and chuckled. I wrote that down as "Alexa Glatch is so thin people would hate to see her fall" so that I could remember the quote. I took more notes on the match. later I was talking to Biffy Kaufmann,another player and she said oooh, do you take notes? Can I see them? I said sure, and she saw and I said oh no, I didn't say that and she just looked at me like yeah you did and handed my notes back.

rocksania
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:05 AM
In the kolkata open (SUNFEAST OPEN) 2006 i went to see all the matches of SANIA MIRZA and cheered for her..i had a very funny slogans wid me like [SANIA MARRY ME]...[I LOVE U SANIA]..AND [HEY SANIA U ROCK]...i was in the vip enclosure and was sitting in the first row everyday and from start of the days play to the end of the days play.she saw me so many times and everytime she did i was feeling very shy and emabarassed as she was also blushing and feeling very awkard that how can a guy be so ashameful definetely the guy was myself and even the match refree saw me and was smiling and then i showed him my full poster clearly, he was from spain i think and was in laughter also ...hope she recognises me ...

even in her doubles match her partner huber also was telling her abt me by pointing towards me ..next time i will go for a rather more odd slogans..

Ben.
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:10 AM
After Kim Clijsters beat Elena Dementieva in Hong Kong last year she exited the stadium by my side and stopped to sign autographs, we called out "kim" and she stopped what she was doing, looked right over at us and said "what?".

And I had no idea what to say, so I just said "Win Melbourne" and she just laughed.

wow, i'm impressed :yeah:

slk45
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:10 AM
In Oklahoma City in 2001 Amanda Coetzer and Lori McNeil played doubles and beat a Japanese team quite easily. Afterwards I was waiting for Lori and Amanda to get thier autograph. I had a tour calendar with Amanda's picture waiting for her to sign it. Lori walked over and I automatically flipped it to the cover and held it out for Lori to sign the covere and she said "Why'd you do that? Turn it to her picture" kind of in an upset/surprised way. Amanda was October and Lori said something like I didn't know you were October and the tournament director came over and said oooh,spooky and all three laughed. Amanda signed and handded the calendar back.Amanda's birthday is Oct. 22nd. :hearts:

Sara81
Dec 30th, 2006, 09:48 AM

:lol: nice save though :p

Jeff
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Earlier this year I was at a satellite event. I was taking notes to write a report in the satellite section of thsi page. Alexa glatch was playing someone and some other players walked behind me and said "God,She's so thin I'd hate to see her fall,she might break" and chuckled. I wrote that down as Alexa Glatch is so thin people would hate to see her fall so that I could remember the quote. i took more notes on teh match. later I was talking to Biffy Kaufmann,another player and she said oooh, do you take notes? Can I see them? I said sure, and she saw and I said oh no, I didn't say that and she just looked at me like yeah you did and handed my notes back.

Lol, yeah, now that would be embarrassing :tape:

!<blocparty>!
Dec 30th, 2006, 03:49 PM
:angel:
OTOH I played it cool. Dork. :p

At least I can call myself a proper stalker. :tape::ras::p

Kəv.
Feb 26th, 2013, 05:27 AM
I just wanted to bump this :oh:

At AO2013 I was there taking a pic with Mandy, when I forgot that my camera was on video, so then I fixed it and went back to her :lol: It was kind of awkward and the second time I don't even think she was smiling :unsure:

wildemu
Feb 26th, 2013, 05:41 AM
uso 2011 i think, carla suarez navarro vs simona halep. Both girls were dying during the match, multiple timeouts, shit breaks, etc. It was on a court just with benches so we were up close. Well, because of the drama of the match, when simona lost match point, she belted the ball, and it nailed me.

No apology, even though I lol'd.

Kəv.
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:15 AM
oh and another one, I went to take a pic with Goerges and leaned on the gate which I thought was locked and almost fell back :hysteric:

Représailles
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:26 AM
When Venus was in Luxembourg last year, I asked her for a photo, she was not that happy but agreed, and then the camera didn't work, so I stood almost a minute next to her waiting for my friend to make the photo. Then she said: no more photos please...

Kəv.
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM
^ omg :rolls:

fantic
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:01 AM
I just wanted to bump this :oh:

At AO2013 I was there taking a pic with Mandy, when I forgot that my camera was on video, so then I fixed it and went back to her :lol: It was kind of awkward and the second time I don't even think she was smiling :unsure:

Was it 2010? At ITF Rancho Mirage, my first ITF tournament, asked Mandy an autograph twice because I didn't know the players :tape: But she signed it, no grumbling, and also accepted my photo request :)

Next year at the same tournament, tried to get autograph or photo of Sally Peers but was rebuffed both times.

Saw Pliskova twins for the 1st time at ITF Rancho Santa Fe so asked the same player(forgot who) after I've gotten the autograph from her :tape:

2011? IW, I was trying to take a quick photo of Shvedova practicing and she glared at me.

Also was rebuffed a photo request to Riske, some fans just took a nice picture with her.

Last year ITF Rancho Mirage, asked photo of Tabak who was right next to me watching another match and she refused point blank, boy I was embarrassed, Wienerova who was with her laughed :lol: (Wienerova always obliges any requests, I might add. Took a photo of her with Zlochova this year)

Kəv.
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Oh reminds me. This year I was trying to take a pic of Johansson practicing. Then she asked her coach something and her coach stood right in front of where i was taking the pic :tape:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using VerticalSports.Com App

marineblue
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Was it 2010? At ITF Rancho Mirage, my first ITF tournament, asked Mandy an autograph twice because I didn't know the players :tape: But she signed it, no grumbling, and also accepted my photo request :)

Next year at the same tournament, tried to get autograph or photo of Sally Peers but was rebuffed both times.

Saw Pliskova twins for the 1st time at ITF Rancho Santa Fe so asked the same player(forgot who) after I've gotten the autograph from her :tape:

2011? IW, I was trying to take a quick photo of Shvedova practicing and she glared at me.

Last year ITF Rancho Mirage, asked photo of Tabak who was right next to me watching another match and she refused point blank, boy I was embarrassed, Wienerova who was with her laughed :lol: (Wienerova always obliges any requests, I might add. Took a photo of her with Zlochova this year)

It's hilarious how these low-ranked players sometimes give you a Diva attitude.
I remember that a couple of years ago in Eastbourne MJMS and Sloane Stephens gave me unpleasant stares for nothing. I was not even glaring at them or anything. :lol:

DomenicDemaria
Feb 26th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I was watching Mirza train form a distance. Speaking to my mate I said I didn't really rate her because she was a brainless ballbasher. Little did I know her father was a meter a way from me and giving me an angry look. Not a player but I was pretty embarrassed afterwards.

$uricate
Feb 26th, 2013, 10:01 AM
When I worked in a shop a few years ago Elena Baltacha came in.

Obviously nobody recognised her apart from me but I couldn't bring myself to talk to her ( I wasn't as confident back then)

Instead I just followed her around like a store detective, then lurked outside the ladies fitting room when she was inside.

I think she eventually got spooked and left the store :sobbing:

TennisPhan
Feb 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Yes :lol:
Vivi Pascual was practicing in something that resembled a bra, so I took a picture of it because I found it rather funny. But as I was snapping the picture, she looked right at me and looked so bizarre :lol: I was really embarassed.
I remember back in 2005 Mike Bryan (or Bob, I don't know) looked at me weird; mostly because I was looking at him weird, because I was too shy to go up to him and ask him for an autograph (I'd been watching them practice)
Mikhail Youzhny also looked at me weird because I'd watched him practice for an hour and some minutes (so hot :drool:) but I was the only one there the entire time. I didn't have the guts to go up to him and ask for an autograph either, I'd probably have melted on the spot :o
I loooked at Jelena Jankovic a really long time when she was on a cart after her match. She had such a good-looking face - smooth, almost like a porcelain doll - that I had to look. She must've found me bizarre >_>
When I was watching Ai play Svetlana, and she had two set points - I yelled out "Come on, Ai, you've got another chance!" after she missed the first one. She didn't react, but her camp did :lol: I was the only one in her favor!

That's basically it :angel:

you sound bizarre too

Kəv.
Feb 26th, 2013, 11:03 AM
When I worked in a shop a few years ago Elena Baltacha came in.

Obviously nobody recognised her apart from me but I couldn't bring myself to talk to her ( I wasn't as confident back then)

Instead I just followed her around like a store detective, then lurked outside the ladies fitting room when she was inside.

I think she eventually got spooked and left the store :sobbing:

What a wasted opportunity :lol: u dont get a player go to where you work everyday :p

Steadyniacki
Feb 26th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Well I took my dad to the tennis in Sydney 2008, and as we all know parents are the most embarrassing.

We were watching Bartoli-Knapp (I barely had heard of Karin at this point) and he said look that player, her name is K-napp :lol: and I was like OMG no it's 'nap' (silent K) then a few seconds later Asderaki said Karin 'K-napp' to serve and we both start pissing ourselves laughing, then she death stared us.

And then a few hours later... We went to watch Black/Huber play and as Huber walks past us on court, dad goes 'shes look like a man' then Liezel turns around straight away and we get death stared again :sobbing:

TS
Feb 26th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Yes. I once choked on a sandwich when saying hello to Iva Majoli. It was fine.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 26th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Well I took my dad to the tennis in Sydney 2008, and as we all know parents are the most embarrassing.

We were watching Bartoli-Knapp (I barely had heard of Karin at this point) and he said look that player, her name is K-napp :lol: and I was like OMG no it's 'nap' (silent K) then a few seconds later Asderaki said Karin 'K-napp' to serve and we both start pissing ourselves laughing, then she death stared us.

And then a few hours later... We went to watch Black/Huber play and as Huber walks past us on court, dad goes 'shes look like a man' then Liezel turns around straight away and we get death stared again :sobbing:
OMG :spit:.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 26th, 2013, 12:28 PM
When Venus was in Luxembourg last year, I asked her for a photo, she was not that happy but agreed, and then the camera didn't work, so I stood almost a minute next to her waiting for my friend to make the photo. Then she said: no more photos please...

Not impressed with the Vee stories at all :tape:.

*Jool*
Feb 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
When I asked Conchita for a picture at RG some years ago , she was the one realizing I still had the cover on my camera and it would "work better with the cover off" :o :lol:

I was also death-stared by Emilie Loit after congratulating her after she won a FO R2 match after a huge slump .. never quite liked her since that ..

nevetssllim
Feb 26th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I was watching Raymond-Stubbs doubles at Wimbledon in 2010 on a really hot day on an outside court. I could feel my skin starting to burn so I got out my sunscreen but it was really hard to apply seeing I had two bags and a camera on my lap and people sitting either side of me. Anyway, the nozzle was in the wrong position and when I pressed down on the button, the suncreen missed my neck and sprayed the legs of the person sitting behind me (happened to be someone in their support box). I half-turned round to say sorry without seeing who it but when I stood up to stretch my legs at the end of the set, it turned out the person I sprayed was Conchita Martinez. :o

It wasn't exactly embarrassing but when I was watching Melzer-Petzschner at Roland Garros last year, I saw Benesova in the stands opposite where I was sitting. I took a few photos of her and judging from her expression in the second one, it's clear she'd clocked what I was doing so after that, I spent the whole match trying to avoid looking at her in case I caught her gaze again (I'm aware this makes me sound narcissistic but I felt a bit self-conscious at the time :p)

AnnieIWillKnow
Feb 26th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I was watching Raymond-Stubbs doubles at Wimbledon in 2010 on a really hot day on an outside court. I could feel my skin starting to burn so I got out my sunscreen but it was really hard to apply seeing I had two bags and a camera on my lap and people sitting either side of me. Anyway, the nozzle was in the wrong position and when I pressed down on the button, the suncreen missed my neck and sprayed the legs of the person sitting behind me (happened to be someone in their support box). I half-turned round to say sorry without seeing who it but when I stood up to stretch my legs at the end of the set, it turned out the person I sprayed was Conchita Martinez. :o

:rolls: There's some sort of dirty joke in here somewhere

The Dawntreader
Feb 26th, 2013, 01:23 PM
I yelped when I saw Jill Craybas in the flesh.

JJ all the way
Feb 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I told Daniella "I love you" ( i really dont though) at the US Open practice courts and she gave me this awkward WTF look. I was so embarassed. She was still nice.

Cajka
Feb 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM

:rolls:

@nathanj594
Feb 26th, 2013, 02:22 PM
At Charleston in 2008 after the incredible Serena vs. Maria match (I was a cute little middle-schooler then) I yelled for Maria from a little bit up in the stands and she smiled and waved. When Serena came over I shouted out "I love you!" and she smiled at me. People probably thought I was a demented little stalker or something.

Pam Shriver walked right past me the next day and I had a little gym bag sort of in the way of the stairs and her foot got tangled in the strings. Being the little bitch that I was, I freed her foot and said "Sorry about that, Mary." :lol:

Kipling
Feb 26th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I was curious about Kvitova's barking so one year at Miami I did the "Dinky Donuts" thing from Seinfeld when she was standing by one of the tables at the food court on her way to one of the practice courts in the morning. I tried barking a few times just to see if I could get any reaction from her.

Needless to say, I've been a little shy about approaching her for an autograph since then.

Start da Game
Feb 26th, 2013, 03:17 PM
i want to embarrass myself before pirru.....

SilverSlam
Feb 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Yes :sobbing:

During the Hopman Cup in 2010 I went to have lunch at the adjoining hotel restaurant and it was so busy that we were told to just sit at a table where it was free, so we sat down and then Justine Henin appeared and told us we sat at her and Carlos's table :hysteric:

fantic
Feb 26th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Oh reminds me. This year I was trying to take a pic of Johansson practicing. Then she asked her coach something and her coach stood right in front of where i was taking the pic :tape:

subtle dissing :sobbing:

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 26th, 2013, 03:57 PM
:happy: at most of these posts ;)

markedman
Feb 26th, 2013, 03:59 PM
This makes me feel old. In 1982 (Wimbledon) I asked Kathy Rinaldi for an autograph. I was so awe struck I dropped my can of soda and it spun around on the ground. I turned bright red and picked up the can but not thinking I opened it and sprayed some of the contents over her. In 1985 I saw her again and approached her with my pen and book. She must have recognised me because she frowned. I grinned and said 'it's okay..no soda!' she replied 'and no autograph' :(

Sarindipity
Feb 26th, 2013, 04:15 PM
This makes me feel old. In 1982 (Wimbledon) I asked Kathy Rinaldi for an autograph. I was so awe struck I dropped my can of soda and it spun around on the ground. I turned bright red and picked up the can but not thinking I opened it and sprayed some of the contents over her. In 1985 I saw her again and approached her with my pen and book. She must have recognised me because she frowned. I grinned and said 'it's okay..no soda!' she replied 'and no autograph' :(

fantic
Feb 26th, 2013, 04:15 PM
at 2010 WTA Stanford, Dani and Wicky were waiting for the bus to whisk them off I think. So I asked Dani for a pic and her facial expression was like, 'are you kidding?' :sobbing:

hurricanejeanne
Feb 26th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I maintained my dignity when I met Lindsay at WWT in 2010. I didn't lose it until my best friend and I had left the court and we half way back to the car, then I just sobbed in pure joy.

She did laugh at how awkward the picture was going to look seeing as I'm a full foot shorter than her. :p

babsi
Feb 26th, 2013, 04:21 PM

Need a like button!

Elisse
Feb 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM

antonella
Feb 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM

What is it with you guys and spraying players.. is this like marking-your-territory.

Dawson.
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:16 PM
At ITF Nottingham a few years ago I was watching a match on an outside court featuring Alison Riske (can't remember who else). A miss hit from Riske came my way and I reached out to catch it, dropped it, then proceeded to chase it down a very gradually sloping pathway. I've never been more self conscious about the way I run. Alison must have thought i was such a dork when i threw it back to her. Needless to say I wouldn't make a good ball boy.

Serena_Williams_
Feb 26th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Yes :sobbing:

During the Hopman Cup in 2010 I went to have lunch at the adjoining hotel restaurant and it was so busy that we were told to just sit at a table where it was free, so we sat down and then Justine Henin appeared and told us we sat at her and Carlos's table :hysteric:

You were HANDled :lol:

SilverSlam
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:20 AM
You were HANDled :lol:

She saw me after one of her matches walking off court and said "I see you've found your own seat now" :crying2:

I think she was kidding but still :tears:

duhcity
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:37 AM
I saw Kerber practicing about 2 hours before her match with Venus at the US Open this year. I was tired from walking around all day, so I bought like 4 beers and sat around her practice. It wasn't a practice court, but just a regular outside court with benches. No one recognized her at all really, and children were coming up to me to ask who she was. I think she thought I was wasted or something, because after her practice I asked for an autograph and told her she was going to beat Venus, and she looked right in my eye like I was insane and then smiled.

And then Tomic practiced after her, and again no one was watching. So I shouted "you're so hot Bernie" while his Physio was stretching him..rather provocatively, and he spun around.

Maybe I was drunk I don't really know.

oh yeah i guess
Feb 27th, 2013, 04:47 AM
So I shouted "you're so hot Bernie" while his Physio was stretching him..rather provocatively, and he spun around.

Maybe I was drunk I don't really know.

Yeah, I think you'd have to be pretty drunk to even think that. :lol:

Kəv.
Feb 27th, 2013, 05:42 AM
She saw me after one of her matches walking off court and said "I see you've found your own seat now" :crying2:

omg :rolls:

fantic
Feb 27th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Henin has a sense of humor :hearts:

Royals.
Feb 28th, 2013, 01:07 PM

Erm, what do you expect?! I would be annoyed if i was her too. Ain't nobody got time for that. :shrug:

If you're going to take a picture with a Celeb, make sure you're well prepared.

Maria rocks
Feb 28th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Yes!! Lindsay Davenport at Wimbledon. Day before it started she walked past me with her kids and i was whinging very loudly about the rain. Was mortified when i realised who had just walked past me hehe:o

StephenUK
Feb 28th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Wimbledon 1998. I was walking round the outside courts with a cup of tea and was trying to find a scoreboard to see what was happening when I became aware that I was about to crash into someone with my boiling hot tea...I looked up and there was SERENA WILLIAMS with her security detail. She was about to go on court to face Virginia Ruano Pascual. I apologised profusely about my near accident - Serena said nothing but fixed me with one of her death stares and moved on. Ooooops!

Utautai
Feb 28th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Wimbledon 1998. I was walking round the outside courts with a cup of tea and was trying to find a scoreboard to see what was happening when I became aware that I was about to crash into someone with my boiling hot tea...I looked up and there was SERENA WILLIAMS with her security detail. She was about to go on court to face Virginia Ruano Pascual. I apologised profusely about my near accident - Serena said nothing but fixed me with one of her death stares and moved on. Ooooops!

:eek: Didn't Serena lose/retire to VRP that year? :tape: :hehehe: :rolls:

Lachy
Feb 28th, 2013, 02:46 PM
OMG yes :sobbing: It still makes me cringe to this day.

Last year in Brisbane I wanted to grab a picture with Vania King. She just finished her match and was walking pretty quickly talking to some random guy...so I thought I would intercept/go for the tap on the shoulder and ask for a quick picture. Anyway, after asking for the picture this guy turns around with one of those voice recorders - he's right in the middle of an interview with Vania. She then just looked at me and had to ask him if he could pause. Was just so awkward. My voice will be permanently on that random interview now :hysteric: But VK was really nice!

Super Dave
Feb 28th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Dani was about to autograph my daughter's program in a sweltering Cincy in 2005. She had a bag in one hand and I handed her a Sharpie in her other. However, in gazing at her, I failed to realize I was supposed to hold the Sharpie tightly so she could remove the pen from the cap with one hand. Both of our hands flew back together and she gave me a death stare. She was pissed off enough that day already. :hearts:

StephenUK
Feb 28th, 2013, 02:52 PM
:eek: Didn't Serena lose/retire to VRP that year? :tape: :hehehe: :rolls:

Yes, I went to see the match after. Serena was covered in tape and at one change of ends, just went up to the umpire, shook hands and walked off court, leaving a very bemused Virginia Ruano Pascual, who had won the match still sat down! Not a good day for the Williams family - Oracene was courtside in a wheelchair due to some ankle injury.

AnnieIWillKnow
Feb 28th, 2013, 05:45 PM
OMG yes :sobbing: It still makes me cringe to this day.

Last year in Brisbane I wanted to grab a picture with Vania King. She just finished her match and was walking pretty quickly talking to some random guy...so I thought I would intercept/go for the tap on the shoulder and ask for a quick picture. Anyway, after asking for the picture this guy turns around with one of those voice recorders - he's right in the middle of an interview with Vania. She then just looked at me and had to ask him if he could pause. Was just so awkward. My voice will be permanently on that random interview now :hysteric: But VK was really nice!

Oh god I just cringed for you :help:

supergrunt
Feb 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
On time my phone went off during a match between Laura Robson and some other girl at the USO qualifying rounds. I answered it ( :oh: ), and everyone--including the players and their coaches--stopped and looked at me. I left. :o

kusiak
Feb 28th, 2013, 06:45 PM
I embarrassed myself a little bit in front of Martina Hingis at the Warsaw Cup 2006. I came there just to watch her live (i live 400km from Warsaw) and was exited for possibility to get an autograph on autograph session. When she gave me it I wanted to say "thank you Martina and good luck in your next match against Venus" but lost my voice and it sounded very shaky. I think it was too much exiting for me. And after that I felt down just 3 metres behind her and she looked at me and smiled. Some poeople who were waiting there to meet Martina started to laugh. But i still remeber it as a funny story and just love the fact that I could see my idol live, face to face :hearts:

Représailles
Feb 28th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Erm, what do you expect?! I would be annoyed if i was her too. Ain't nobody got time for that. :shrug:

If you're going to take a picture with a Celeb, make sure you're well prepared.

I didn't say I expected her to wait:roll eyes: The thread is about embarrassing myself. And that the camera didn't work was not planned. Eventually it worked.

Anyway here is the result

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/150326_10151993273426758_548057325_n.jpg

Super Dave
Feb 28th, 2013, 08:25 PM
I walked up to Ashley Harkleroad, spontaneously ejaculated, mumbled "thank you" and walked away. :o

Représailles
Feb 28th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I walked up to Ashley Harkleroad, spontaneously ejaculated, mumbled "thank you" and walked away. :o

GOATdin0931
Feb 28th, 2013, 08:37 PM
At the US Open last year Sharapova was practicing with Robson on Grandstand and wasn't grunting so I asked her coach, who was a few feet away from me, (I was in the front row) why she didn't grunt when she was practicing. (Very nastily if I might add) :lol: He turned and looked at me and my friend and gave us one of the dirtiest looks! :oh: A ball then came right into the corner where we were sitting and he went to pick it up and looked up at us again with a look that we were like peasants. :happy: I think Maria might have heard me too because she also turned and gave me a dirty look but I don't know if it was directed at me or not. :worship:

Oh and Melanie touched my back and was so sweet... :hearts:

And then me and Grace Min brushed hands!! :drool:

Plus I was with my dad and he was talking to Melanies dad and talking about how I loved her so much and how I get more upset over a loss then she does. :tape: AWKWARD.

At her doubles match I was like double fault to her opponent and I think it was her grandma behind me, and we started a nice little conversation! :spit: :)

Start da Game
Feb 28th, 2013, 08:47 PM
At the US Open last year Sharapova was practicing with Robson on Grandstand and wasn't grunting so I asked her coach, who was a few feet away from me, (I was in the front row) why she didn't grunt when she was practicing. (Very nastily if I might add) :lol: He turned and looked at me and my friend and gave us one of the dirtiest looks! :oh: A ball then came right into the corner where we were sitting and he went to pick it up and looked up at us again with a look that we were like peasants. :happy: I think Maria might have heard me too because she also turned and gave me a dirty look but I don't know if it was directed at me or not. :worship:

it's definitely directed at you if this (http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_02/sharapovaG1506_468x550.jpg) is the look she gave......we all know she screams to annoy the opponent and nothing else......she screams even when slicing and executing drop shots......

PetraReeMona
Feb 28th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I didn't say I expected her to wait:roll eyes: The thread is about embarrassing myself. And that the camera didn't work was not planned. Eventually it worked.

Anyway here is the result

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/150326_10151993273426758_548057325_n.jpg

You're both gorgeous :p

everythingtaboo
Mar 2nd, 2013, 03:57 PM

Justine has sass. Who knew... :lol:

everythingtaboo
Mar 2nd, 2013, 04:02 PM
I haven't had any major embarrassing moments in front of a player, but I always find it soooo awkward when they see you taking photos of them. Don't look so surprised, you're an athlete-- it comes with the job! :rolleyes:

Please Give
Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:05 PM
One time I was on the bus and pushed up against Nathalie Tauziat, although she looked like she enjoyed it. When I got home two of the four doughnuts I bought were squashed. maybe I should have gone back to the store and complained, but I hadn't enough bus fare

GOATdin0931
Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:13 PM
:spit:

MB.
Mar 4th, 2013, 05:30 AM

:worship:

knoxt
Mar 4th, 2013, 06:01 AM
I haven't had any major embarrassing moments in front of a player, but I always find it soooo awkward when they see you taking photos of them. Don't look so surprised, you're an athlete-- it comes with the job! :rolleyes:

I totally feel the same way!

Sisyphus
Mar 4th, 2013, 07:31 AM

Schiavone kept on giving me murderous looks whenever I took a picture of her at the olympics :lol: