PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Rodriguez: "Kim Clijsters is a bitch"

Pluto
Dec 28th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Carlos Rodriguez, Henin-Hardenne 's coach does it again. In these times of peace, love, party, he kicks around. Now he focusses on female tennis, Sharapova and he even calls Clijsters a bitch. Source: the Argentine newspaper Olé.

"Female tennis is one big lie. It's a circus in which people behave in a false way. There are lots of hypocritical people. Justine doesn't want to participate in it. I tell her 'Live your life, do like Kuznetsova, who she can get along with very well. The others will only say bad stuff behind your back, although they will ask you to go out for dinner'."

Kim Clijsters gets though criticism. "She and her dad accused Justine from doping, but now they say they didn't said it like that. They don't have to play with me, right? Kim is a nice girl, but she gives that impression with a purpose. In fact she is a conchuda." A conchuda is a bitch, daughter of a whore.

Also Sharapova doesn't escape. "She doesn't bring anything new. If it comes to moaning, Venus does as good as her and even Seles did better. The Masters are an event specially made for her. She could play always on the same moment. She is a marketing product and she behaves that way. On a long term that doesn't seem good to me, because in that way the game will be neglected."

Now we have to wait till he will say on the website of Juju that he didn't mean to say all this. "It were the journalists". (again...)

LudwigDvorak
Dec 28th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Attention must be fought over hard these days.

Adal
Dec 28th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Not so nice from Carlos.

James
Dec 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM
He is brutally honest, which one has to admire in a way. He doesn't mince words. But his comments about Kim are taking it too far, in my opinion. His comments about Maria seem spot on though.

Pluto
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:00 PM
He is brutally honest, which one has to admire in a way. He doesn't mince words. But his comments about Kim are taking it too far, in my opinion. His comments about Maria seem spot on though.
Yup, he may be right but he doesn't have to call Kim a bitch indeed. I thought he was smarter than this.

tennisbear7
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Wow.

He said that Kim was a bitch?

Or was he only talking to himself?

Serena_thebest
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
he's so stupid , I really hope Justine fires him. Without her (and the WTA) he would be a big loser with this sort of mentality...
Poor Kim btw

morningglory
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:05 PM
:haha: wow... a lot of nerve, a lot of stupidity
Which means Cronin WAS actually spot on about this guy...

Greenout
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:06 PM
What a joke? I can't believe you people are actually believe this isn't a hack job! You GM people are so easy to bail.

This isn't even an interview- it's just a bunch of random quotes probably from that other silly DPA article.

There's no by line or anything to this Argentine article, and it looks to be a tabloidy sports paper. Geez. Overeacting over nothing again people. There's nothing in it about Sharapova either. Duh..

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2006/12/26/01333906.html

Amigas o rivales?

El DT cuenta con crudeza qué separa a Justine de Clijsters y por qué odia el "circo del circuito".

Henin, con uno de sus tres Roland Garros. Ganó 5 Grand Slam.

El estilo directo de Justine, afirma Tití, no se condice con la forma en que se mueve el circuito. "Siempre digo que cuando tenés que decir ''no'' es ''no''. Pero acá (habla de la WTA), que es un circo, todo mentira, esto choca".

—¿Por qué?

—Hay mucha hipocresía y a Justine no le gusta. Yo le digo: "Vos hacé tu vida y llevate con chicas como Kuznetsova, por ejemplo". Con ella se entiende muy bien. Pero el resto te saluda y por atrás te la rompen. Ella no rompe a nadie pero dice "hola" y listo. Después, ¿vamos a comer juntos? Si yo no te puedo ver y vos tampoco... ¡Dejate de joder! Justine no se codea con los que no interesan.

—¿Cómo está la relación con Kim Clijsters?

—Ellos la acusaron de doparse, el padre (Leo) y ella, acusan y dicen que no son ellos. Hablé con el padre y le dije: "No jodas y decímelo". Porque yo no soy rencoroso, ahora cuando quieren explicarme que no, esto y lo otro... ¡No me hinches los huevos! Si tenés huevos me decís: "Mirá, lo dije porque me hinchó las pelotas, disculpame". Y listo. Y después sale en los diarios que "somos amigas". Justine me dice: "Yo no soy amiga. Mis amigos son pocos, (Kim) es una jugadora más en el circuito, a la que le digo ''buenos días''. Es la verdad, la realidad.

—Pero Clijsters parece buena tipa...

—Es rebuena, pero es una conchuda. O sea, es buena porque es lo que quiere hacer pasar. Pero, aunque sea, decí: "Mirá, vos no me podés soportar y yo no te puedo ver...". No tuvo la delicadeza de disculparse. Desde ahora, hola qué tal.

Rodríguez cita un ejemplo de la conducta de Justine. "Este año ganó New Haven y en el discurso le dijeron que la esperaban en el 2007. Y ella dijo que no, que el torneo no está en el programa. La gente chifló. Y ella aclaró: "Prefiero ser sincera, el torneo es justo antes del US Open y debo descansar". De pie, la gente aplaudía. Ella dirá lo que deba decir y nada más. Eso tiene un valor impagable".

GoClijsters
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Is this a new article? There was a similar article one month ago where Carlos accused Kim and her father (don't know about Maria). Kim was dissapointed about Carlos reaction. Eventually he appologized. Justine and Kim aren't best friends but Justine told the press lately that after she won her SF in Madrid Kim hugged Justine and Justine felt that the hug was real and not fake.

Carlos should be more careful. It's not nice to attack other players in front of the whole world. Kim once said: If he has a problem with me or any other player, he should talk to me instead of talking to the press

tennisbear7
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Um.

The fact that we know that Carlos doesn't like Kim and Maria gives the article a plausibility factor.

And, um, maybe if you wanted to prove your point you would at least translate your article into English?

Greenout
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Is this a new article? There was a similar article one month ago where Carlos accused Kim and her father (don't know about Maria). Kim was dissapointed about Carlos reaction. Eventually he appologized. Justine and Kim aren't best friends but Justine told the press lately that after she won her SF in Madrid Kim hugged Justine and Justine felt that the hug was real and not fake.

Carlos should be more careful. It's not nice to attack other players in front of the whole world. Kim once said: If he has a problem with me or any other player, he should talk to me instead of talking with the press

It looks like the same type of quotes, but used as a "look what he said" quote piece. There's not by line or anything about when the interview took place or even journalist name to this. It's just bits and pieces of that last article in Spain.

But why is it ok for Lei to trash Justine, but not good for Carlos to speak out? I dont' understand that part. Why is he a bad person? and not Lei?

Pluto
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Um.

The fact that we know that Carlos doesn't like Kim and Maria gives the article a plausibility factor.

And, um, maybe if you wanted to prove your point you would at least translate your article into English?
I quote from the article:

Pero Clijsters parece buena tipa...

—Es rebuena, pero es una conchuda. O sea, es buena porque es lo que quiere hacer pasar. Pero, aunque sea, decí: "Mirá, vos no me podés soportar y yo no te puedo ver...". No tuvo la delicadeza de disculparse. Desde ahora, hola qué tal.

He DOES say she is a "conchuda", so who is overreacting?

Greenout
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Um.

Use Babelfish or wordlingo. Don't be lazy. You will see there's nothing about Maria here. The original thread starter simply tossed that in to make trouble.

tennisbear7
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Lei was wrong to trash Justine.

But he's not doing publicly now, is he? :rolleyes:

As for Carlos... well...

tennisbear7
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Stop defending Carlos. It reflects badly on your character.

Greenout
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I quote from the article:

Pero Clijsters parece buena tipa...

He DOES say she is a "conchuda", so who is overreacting?

So, you believe he actually said this? You believe everything you read? If that's the case then- really I have nothing to reply. If you really, really believe every comment written in a paper with no journalist name or by line for it.

Pluto
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Use Babelfish or wordlingo. Don't be lazy. You will see there's nothing about Maria here. The original thread starter simply tossed that in to make trouble.
Uuum. Sorry to hear that. It was not my intention to do that. I just read in in newspapers in Belgium. The only thing I did was putting this on this forum. Yupyup, I am the troublemaker, right, you're totally right. Nice forum and farewell.

RR-87
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:16 PM
was Carlos drunken when he told that? :o

tennisbear7
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:17 PM
So, you believe he actually said this? You believe everything you read? If that's the case then- really I have nothing to reply. If you really, really believe every comment written in a paper with no journalist name or by line for it.

So you really think that Carlos doesn't think Kim is a bitch?

Wow. Someone's deluded.

Pluto
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:18 PM
We will never know that, but it is a fact that he always says he didn't say some stuff. He is in Argentina right now, and it is an Argentine newspaper, so it is possible he said this things. I hope he didn't. I study journalism myself, and normally you don't just make up words. And certainly not this kind of offensive use of words. I'm not the troublemaker, I just put it on this forum.

Dan23
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:22 PM
He is brutally honest, which one has to admire in a way. He doesn't mince words. But his comments about Kim are taking it too far, in my opinion. His comments about Maria seem spot on though.His comments about Maria are as much rubbish as his comments about Kim.

This same story was the subject of a locked 400 page thread a few weeks ago :p let the arguements be revived and repeated :zzz:

GoClijsters
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
I looked it up on the official sport site of Belgium:
this article is the same as that article that was one month ago, i guess you all rembered that one. Kim was shocked about that article and Carlos defended himself by saying that the journalists had made his words sound harder and ruder then he said. Now, the same article is written in a spanish newspaper (Olé). Now it's sure that Carlos called Kim a bitch cause he described Kim as una conchuda.
I guess we have to wait and see how Carlos and Kim will react on this.

This site (sport.be: only in dutch and in french avaible) said that Carlos did accused Maria too.

-sugi-
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:28 PM
OMG :o I think his comments went too far of Kim although he was quite honest about other aspects.

frenchie
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
This guy really disgusts me even more than Justine!!

He should focus on how Justine behaves on court before criticizing other players! Kim is one of the nicest girl on tour!!

Justine is a bitch, not Kim

Tenis Srbija
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Mister Rodrigez? What a hell has crowled up yours pants?
Stupid, stupid, stupid man... BIG :o for you!

James
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
His comments about Maria are as much rubbish as his comments about Kim.

This same story was the subject of a locked 400 page thread a few weeks ago :p let the arguements be revived and repeated :zzz:

The dangers of Maria becoming too much of a marketing product are pretty realistic as far as I'm concerned. It is not even a negative comment entirely. He does not say she does not have a good game, but attacks the hype around her.

QuicKyMonSter
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I don't know if the word conchudo/a has a different meaning in argentinean than in peruvian...coz im from peru and conchuda doesn't mean bitch at all...
i wouldn't know the word in english for that....but it's something like someone who does what he wants...and doesn't care too much about the rest...
Example: i go to a party without being invited, then i'm a conchudo.

again, it's peruvian so i don't know if it's the same in argentinean.

James
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:34 PM
This guy really disgusts me even more than Justine!!

He should focus on how Justine behaves on court before criticizing other players! Kim is the one of the nicest girl on tour!!

Justine is a bitch, not Kim

It's not ok to call either one a bitch.

Greenout
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
We will never know that, but it is a fact that he always says he didn't say some stuff. He is in Argentina right now, and it is an Argentine newspaper, so it is possible he said this things. I hope he didn't. I study journalism myself, and normally you don't just make up words. And certainly not this kind of offensive use of words. I'm not the troublemaker, I just put it on this forum.

Carlos is not in Argentina. He didn't speak to this newspaper.

Look in Justine's website, in her Christmas diary message. She says they're all in Monaco spending the holidays together before leaving for Australia next week. Duh...
http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/articles.asp?lang=en

jazzfuzion
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:43 PM
i love a guy that does not mince his words into meat

pooh14
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:51 PM
this is the same old article where he accused Kim and Maria right?

tenn_ace
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:53 PM
hew... Sveta escaped.... :worship:

:rolleyes:

The Dawntreader
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Carlos again proving that he should be the winner of ' subdued coach of the year':rolleyes: :lol:

Melusine
Dec 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Carlos is not in Argentina. He didn't speak to this newspaper.

Look in Justine's website, in her Christmas diary message. She says they're all in Monaco spending the holidays together before leaving for Australia next week. Duh...
http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/articles.asp?lang=en

that doesn't prove anything, phones and stuff have been invented for some time now.

doesn't take away that I think this is hugely exaggerated (again)

DragonFlame
Dec 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM
sounds like a rediculous quote taken from an old article, Don't believe every word you read around here. You people are so gullible :rolleyes: