PDA

View Full Version : Which current players are best at moving foreward aggressively?

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Serena
Kuznetsova
Venus
Henin-Hardenne
Mauresmo
Hingis
Clijsters
Petrova

Mina Vagante
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:58 AM
serena she can hit winners of approach shots

Shimizu Amon
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Serena is very aggresive when she approaches the net. Not always succesful. But often.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Stosur she hits a good approach shot and then knocks away the volley!!!:worship: :bounce:

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Serena's approaches, as INFREQUENT AS THEY ARE :tape::fiery::help: are some of the most embarassingly penetrating shots in the game. She can just make you look STUPID with some of the angles that she hits.

Venus too, she can just blast it right by you. :bolt:

LUXXXAS
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Schiavone & Mauresmo

Ben.
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Serena & Venus no doubt including Kim only cause I'm biased. i think all the players listed on the poll r good at moving forward agressively.

Viktymise
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Venus at Wimbledon 05 was some of the most aggresive i have seen a player ever moving foward at times

geko
Dec 28th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Venus and even if she dosen't hit a good apprpoach shot she volleys so well that she can still win the point :D !

timafi
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Amelie no doubt

sändi
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:22 PM
stosur

Wayn77
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Mauresmo and Justine are the best

Nadia looks very convincing coming forward when she is in the mood.

The Dawntreader
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Venus and Serena for sure. So strong moving forward. Serena's trademark backhand approach shot into the corner is always a sure winner.

Venus also has such control moving forward, either hitting the winner or preparing for a devastating drive-volley finish:worship:

lilimi
Dec 28th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Mauresmo and Justine are the best

Nadia looks very convincing coming forward when she is in the mood.
:) ditto.

serenafan08
Dec 28th, 2006, 03:52 PM
The Williams sisters can be very good when they decide to come forward. Venus has always had good volleys and reach, and Serena's net game has really improved over the last few years. Naturally, Hingis, Mauresmo and Justine are great when they move forward.

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2006, 03:52 PM
It has to be Amelie. She just won a major by charging the net every round.

RJWCapriati
Dec 28th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Venus, Mary

jazar
Dec 28th, 2006, 04:55 PM
hingis is probably best, cos she has the best volley, then mauresmo and henin

Derek.
Dec 28th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Daniela comes in pretty well too.

She's one of the very few on the WTA Tour who can actually volley.

Not the best though.

selyoink
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Mauresmo looks to come forward the most. She may not have the best approach shots but she gets to net more frequently then most players.

.Andrew.
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:12 PM
I think that the Venus & Serena are best.. Some of the angles and power they use are to blast it past their opponents is outright scary :eek: :worship: Also like, how Justine and Mauresmo move in.. Pretty much all the players listed are pretty good :)

Hugo24
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Amelie

Mauresmo Fan
Dec 28th, 2006, 08:37 PM
amelie then venus

KoOlMaNsEaN
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Serena(when she is fit) she attacks the ball with all her might to kill it.
And Justine moves great to the net with the more aggressivity than amelie.

hablo
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:48 PM
It has to be Amelie. She just won a major by charging the net every round.

Exactly.

Slampova
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I'm gonna say it's been Amelie & Justine. They both move forwards to attack very well. It's a pity Maria's not so good at it... YET! :p

Davenselesport
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Mauresmo and Henin-Hardenne

sweetpeas
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:59 PM
vENUS SERENA HINGIS .

LUIS9
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:08 AM
hingis is probably best, cos she has the best volley, then mauresmo and henin

That's what I would say, and not because I am her loyal fan. She does have amazing volleys. Her main problem is that her transition game is so natural and fluid, she sometimes finds her self approaching the net without a purpose, and then the big hitters kill her on the passing shot. On the other hand Henin and Mauresmo always approach the net with purpose, especially Henin she rarely leaves a volley to be put away for a second chance.

Mauresmo probably has the best looking technique on the volleys but Hingis has more touch.

cartmancop
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Hingis I think is one of the best in the game @ moving forward quickly and finishing off a point well. She sets it up perfectly and often makes it easy for herself up there, but is very capable of hitting a difficult shot up there on the offensive.

Venus also, when she blasts a bh and gets from the baseline to the net in about 1 second (1 stride also :lol: ) it's soo intimidating for her opponent.

I love Mary's swing volleys also :)

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:31 AM
That's what I would say, and not because I am her loyal fan. She does have amazing volleys. Her main problem is that her transition game is so natural and fluid, she sometimes finds her self approaching the net without a purpose, and then the big hitters kill her on the passing shot. On the other hand Henin and Mauresmo always approach the net with purpose, especially Henin she rarely leaves a volley to be put away for a second chance.

Mauresmo probably has the best looking technique on the volleys but Hingis has more touch.

i dont think hingis moves without a purpose, though i can totally why it may seem that way. i think she grew up not being used to so much power so most often when she came to the net she would have set it up the point well and be able to finish it off. now the power hitters just blast the ball right by her ass. the habit / natural ability loses its efficacy

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Hingis I think is one of the best in the game @ moving forward quickly and finishing off a point well. She sets it up perfectly and often makes it easy for herself up there, but is very capable of hitting a difficult shot up there on the offensive.

Venus also, when she blasts a bh and gets from the baseline to the net in about 1 second (1 stride also :lol: ) it's soo intimidating for her opponent.

I love Mary's swing volleys also :)

venus' long reach, tall limber body, and wild screams at the net probably intimidate any body :p

willrock
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:04 AM
If only Venus Was On Wtatour :lol: