PDA

View Full Version : bad news for bulgarian tennis

polly
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Bulgarian tennis player Mariyana Levova has already applied for an Irish passport as she hopes to play for Ireland on the Irish Federation cup team for 2007. I will be a huge boost for Irish tennis. Mariyana moved to ireland from her native Bulgaria with her family a few years ago, she is one of the selected few juniors in Ireland training fulltime.

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2006, 10:35 PM
The good news is that they have Sesil

Viktymise
Dec 27th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Tszveti is their big hope :bounce: she's gonna have a great 07 :kiss: they also have Evtimova aswell another youngster, plus a possible comeback from the sesilator :p, although i would love tszveti to move and play for Ireland :hearts:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 27th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Who the hell is that Levova... :rolleyes:

polly
Dec 27th, 2006, 10:53 PM
As you all probably know by now Ireland is one of the world's wealthiest countries, there are so many eastern europeans now living in Ireland ( this is why we are getting alot of immigrants from other countries to work in Ireland ) that we could have a few 'ova's' and 'eva's playing for the Emerald Isle in years to come. I would compare Ireland now to the Swiss years ago, as Switzerland have so many foreigners living there, for example Martina Hingis and her mother came from Czechoslovakia, Timea Bacszinsky's parents came from Hungary I think, Roger Federer's Mother is from South Africa and his girlfriend Miroslava Vavrinec came Slovakia, the list goes on and on.

Just Do It
Dec 27th, 2006, 10:55 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

polly
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Well you have heard of Levova now

Tenis Srbija
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Well I did...but still I gotta say "WHO THE HELL IS SHE?"!!!
Is she like some top class junior...or some "I'm gonna be in top hundred" players???
Or is she...nobody? :p

polly
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:28 PM
She hasnt played much at all outside of ireland probably due to financial difficulties, this year she already won the grade 5 under 18 event and got to the semi finals of the other grade 5 in dublin. Her biggest achievement to date she won the irish senior player of the year award a few weeks ago, the youngest player to do so. As far as I know she is in her final year at school and when she finishes school for good next june she will be able to play ALOT more tournaments if she can get sponsors. Actually Mariyana is playing in a junior tournament in sweden either next week or the week after. She is DEFINITELY capable of winning it. So watch out for her.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:34 PM
:lol: :haha: :lol: :haha:

GRADE 5??? Are you crazy :D And she can't even win them (all) :p

NEW TOPIC: BAD NEWS FOR IRISH TENNIS
- You suck when Levova is your's best :lol: :)

polly
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Well levova has applied for an irish passport

Tenis Srbija
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Lucky her :rolleyes: ;)

kittyking
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:31 AM

Are you one of those people who said that Justine Henin Hardenne would never crack the top 500 mark :lol:

kittyking
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:32 AM

Didnt Sesil retire after she got put up for drugs?

Erika_Angel
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Didnt Sesil retire after she got put up for drugs?

Nope. Sesil has stated she'll be back and better than ever :tape: :p

:rolleyes: you are so rude.

xin_hui
Dec 28th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Well I did...but still I gotta say "WHO THE HELL IS SHE?"!!!
Is she like some top class junior...or some "I'm gonna be in top hundred" players???
Or is she...nobody? :p

it is very easy to laugh at countries where they are happy about one young rising player (who you might think will be useless anyway).

BUT when u look in-depth, countries will small populations naturally will not have a conveyor-belt of emerging players. this is further compounded by the sporting culture, esp in small but 1st world countries/states (like ireland) where the locals are better off getting a degree and settling in a well-paying job than struggling for 10 years trying to make it big in any sport.

so while your own country is doing very well in tennis, it'd be good to not laugh at people supporting their own talent. such talent might be nothing to you, but it's everything to other people

Ben.
Dec 28th, 2006, 06:29 AM
it is very easy to laugh at countries where they are happy about one young rising player (who you might think will be useless anyway).

BUT when u look in-depth, countries will small populations naturally will not have a conveyor-belt of emerging players. this is further compounded by the sporting culture, esp in small but 1st world countries/states (like ireland) where the locals are better off getting a degree and settling in a well-paying job than struggling for 10 years trying to make it big in any sport.

so while your own country is doing very well in tennis, it'd be good to not laugh at people supporting their own talent. such talent might be nothing to you, but it's everything to other people

well said :worship: i mean maybe it's best for ppl to keep their mouth shut if they wanna have a laugh at these sort of things.

spiceboy
Dec 28th, 2006, 06:37 AM
As you all probably know by now Ireland is one of the world's wealthiest countries, there are so many eastern europeans now living in Ireland ( this is why we are getting alot of immigrants from other countries to work in Ireland ) that we could have a few 'ova's' and 'eva's playing for the Emerald Isle in years to come. I would compare Ireland now to the Swiss years ago, as Switzerland have so many foreigners living there, for example Martina Hingis and her mother came from Czechoslovakia, Timea Bacszinsky's parents came from Hungary I think, Roger Federer's Mother is from South Africa and his girlfriend Miroslava Vavrinec came Slovakia, the list goes on and on.

LOL good laughs early in the morning :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can think of 20 countries (at least) richer than Ireland...and honey, all Western Europe is getting a huge number of inmigrants, countries like France, UK or Germany getting them from decades now...

And Ireland the new Switzerland? :haha: :haha: :haha:

OK, I do love Ireland but please stop that absurd chauvinism now :p

Martian Willow
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I can think of 20 countries (at least) richer than Ireland...

I took her to mean per capita, in which case she is entirely correct (Ireland is in the top 5), and you are the dumbass. :)

spiceboy
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I took her to mean per capita, in which case she is entirely correct (Ireland is in the top 5), and you are the dumbass. :)

I took her to mean per wealth of the country (didn't she say 'Ireland is one of the world's wealthiest countries'?) so she's wrong and you are the dumbass x 1000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martian Willow
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:57 AM
It was obvious what she meant, to anyone that isn't a dumbass, such as myself.

The Daviator
Dec 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
LOL good laughs early in the morning :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can think of 20 countries (at least) richer than Ireland...and honey, all Western Europe is getting a huge number of inmigrants, countries like France, UK or Germany getting them from decades now...

And Ireland the new Switzerland? :haha: :haha: :haha:

OK, I do love Ireland but please stop that absurd chauvinism now :p

Considering that Ireland has more millionaires per capita than any other country in the world, I think your comment is pretty dumb and ignorant :wavey:

Uranus
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Is she promising? Well if she's top 50 material it's kind of bad news for Bulgaria indeed ... but either way...

Geertvg
Dec 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM

Erm. Erm. Thank you EU!

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:50 PM
A lot of players relocate. It depends on which country they want to play for.
Russia has some players who spend very little time in Russia, like Sveta.
It also has many players who live and train in Russia.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
But still does that Levtova or whatever her name is deservs a thread in GM :rolleyes:
Hmmm...let me answer that - no! :D

And is that bad news for Bulgarian tennis with Pironkova, and Sesil comming back?
I will let you answer that :p

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Sesil might be a great talent.

MyskinaManiac
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Sesil will be back... she wont not come back, her career had only just started when she got into a slight pickle. Her return will be 'thunderous'...

Louis Cyphre
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Well its not bad for the Bulgarian tennis coz this girl probably will never reach a SF in a junior tournament in Bulgaria but I wish her good luck in Ireland :yeah:
And I wish that Ireland will have at least 1 player in top100 but Polly I really think that Mariana is not even Top250 ... I hope I`m wrong
Good luck Mariana :yeah:

polly
Dec 30th, 2006, 08:42 PM
did you hear much about mariana in bulgaria before she moved to ireland?

Louis Cyphre
Dec 30th, 2006, 09:29 PM
nope but i guess its because she live in Ireland... I only know that she won an U`18 Junior before few months

polly
Dec 30th, 2006, 09:34 PM
have ye alot of poverty in bulgaria?

Louis Cyphre
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:52 PM
have ye alot of poverty in bulgaria?

:spit: :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:46 PM
:spit: :lol:

Avram of course you are!!! All of us, exept Ireland are poor and misserable :rolleyes: :lol:

oliverbecken
Aug 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
BUMP!

Saw her today playing in Lansdowne :)

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
And she is still under Bulgarian flag :lol:

oliverbecken
Aug 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
And she is still under Bulgarian flag :lol:

I believe that she played irish champs, but I donīt think she is a full time tennis player now. Good groundstrokes, but not that good serve. Nice player overall! :)

canuckfan
Aug 18th, 2012, 06:45 PM
GOAT bump.

Sesil is no longer BUL. Ireland is no longer rich. The only thing that hasn't changed is Levova being irrelevant and playing for BUL.

RR-87
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:48 PM

:happy:

Adrian1092
Aug 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
What a horrible attitude from the Irish poster about Ireland's richness "Have ye lots of poverty in Bulgaria?" :lol: Now look where we stand as a country? :lol: And we still have no really promising players :sad:

Viktymise
Aug 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
GOAT bump.

Sesil is no longer BUL. Ireland is no longer rich. The only thing that hasn't changed is Levova being irrelevant and playing for BUL.

This. Massive thread fail for all involved.

Luckily Grassonkova's been on hand to put Bulgarian tennis on the map, like the goddess that she is.

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Erm. Erm. Thank you EU!

:haha:

KournikovaFan91
Aug 18th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Epic thread - Sesil and Ireland :hearts: :hearts:

Yeah Levova was never relevant, I think the fact she was Eastern European made people think she might be able to deliver on something.

Sirotkina apparently lives here last I heard and Arina Rodionova is signed to an Irish management company so maybe she'll wanna jump ship like her sis. :oh:

Viktymise
Aug 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Does Diatchenko still train in DCU?

Patrick345
Aug 18th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Does Diatchenko still train in DCU?

I donīt know. Is DCU a beach?

KournikovaFan91
Aug 18th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Nope I believe that whole thing broke down rather badly, don't know all the details but I think the suggestion was Vitalia was difficult.

Viktymise
Aug 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I donīt know. Is DCU a beach?

It's Dublin, so you can assume the answer to that is an unequivocal yes.

Diatchenko's results were getting gradually better during her time in DCU before she got injured. Maybe she was expecting some sort of star treatment there just because Ireland has no decent players?

aguy9797
Aug 19th, 2012, 02:45 AM

oh my, a lot has changed during the last few years, indeed

Kəv.
Aug 19th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Epic thread - Sesil and Ireland :hearts: :hearts:

Yeah Levova was never relevant, I think the fact she was Eastern European made people think she might be able to deliver on something.

Sirotkina apparently lives here last I heard and Arina Rodionova is signed to an Irish management company so maybe she'll wanna jump ship like her sis. :oh:

Arina? :scratch: seriously?

Moriarty moved back to AUS :hysteric:
Bulgaria also lost the Esen/Velieva sisters, although I don't think they will be big.

polly
Aug 19th, 2012, 10:29 AM
DCU means Dublin City University

machinist
Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
bad news for Bulgaria

Tenis Srbija
Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM

Well, I just gotta repeat this :lol:

eDonkey
Sep 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM