PDA

View Full Version : When will Capriati be back?

selesfan!
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:23 AM
It's been two years now!

Derek.
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:26 AM
She'll be back when you see her fatass back on the tennis courts on TV.

PatrickRyan
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:27 AM
never :sad:

Stamp Paid
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:28 AM
She'll be back when you see her fatass back on the tennis courts on TV.The funniest thing you've ever said!! :D

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:29 AM
I hope before 2008. If she's not back by YEC 2008, I think I will have given up hope :sad:

Gooner
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:43 AM
I agree if it is not before this year is up you can probably forget the comback

MikeJones
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:11 AM
She is healing her body and maybe also having fun partying in her last years in her 20's...I dont blame her.

LucasArg
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Capriati, Seles. I really miss them.

selyoink
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:34 AM
She is never going to be back.

K-Dog
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Imo, Jennifer is done. I don't think that she is going to come back. It stinks. All the great ball strikers are retiring now. Monica is gone. Lindsay is done. Mary is questionable with her knee. Venus is constanty battling injury and her comeback to the top of the game is looking bleak. Kim will be done after this year. Who knows when Serena will put her racquets away. Amelie isn't young anymore. It appears that these second-rate copy cats in Maria Sharapova, Nicole Vaidisova, and a couple of others are going to take over the game. The game had excitement when Jennifer, Venus, Serena, Hingis, Lindsay, Monica, Justine, Kim, and Amelie were all in the mix. Now, the players lack the quality of ball striking that those players all had in the early 2000's and they also lack the personality. RIP the days of interesting women's tennis.

Brett.
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:15 AM
I think Capriati will make a comeback return after that mugshot of her is to be removed immediately!

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:21 AM
hey SelesDavenport back again

Modiac.
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:25 AM
She is never going to be back.

Agree here. :sad:

Ben.
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:29 AM
i think she's retired. but then again i could be eating my own words but it looks doubtful.

santhuruu
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Weren't there rumours that Capriati would come back at coming Australian Open???

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:58 AM
I would REALLY love that

drake3781
Dec 27th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I do think she COULD but I don't think she WILL. :sad:

selesfan!
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Weren't there rumours that Capriati would come back at coming Australian Open???

Wouldn't that be great?!!

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Neither Capriati, Seles, Navratilova, Evert, nor King will ever return!
Though I'm not so sure about Navratilova :lol:

eugreene2
Dec 27th, 2006, 01:49 PM
As bad as I talk about the Williams Sisters, Capriati's situation is worth. Her fans can't even get an ounce of info!

TeamUSA#1
Dec 27th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Can't believe this keeps coming up.... here are the FACTS:

1. She is not retired. She wants to comeback to the WTA.
2. She had 2 shoulder surgeries and 2 wrist surgeries and continues with aggressive rehab in hopes of being able to comeback.
3. The shoulder is the problem, not the wrist. She had shoulder-labrum surgery (same injury as Alexandra Stevenson) and it takes 2 years of rehab to completely heal. Jen's 2nd surgery was in June of 2004... 2 years of rehab would put her back on the courts this summer.

To answer the thread's question... we don't know when Jen will be back (def. not at the upcoming AO) or if ever (which would be totally sad:sad: ).

My opinion is that she will make a comeback later this year. She is only 30, and has had a few years in her career where she did not play or played very little--- which I think gives her many "miles" left in her career if she can get her shoulder right. I think she could make her way back to the top 10 as well. Her movement and her groundstrokes are top notch, and the game has lessened while she has been away due to so many injuries. She could realistically play for another 3-4 seasons at a high level is she maintains her fitness--- and from what we saw of her from pictures of Iva Majoli's wedding 2 months ago she looking amazingly fit.

LUXXXAS
Dec 27th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I am sure she will be back when she will lose all her money :devil:
I miss Jenny-Serena matches...

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:16 PM
She was a real prodigy. Wimbledon SF at 15.

disco_rage
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Some very good points, i totally agree!

I just really hope i get to see Jenny comeback and play again it would be awesome.. Would love her to finally win the US OPEN!

Can't believe this keeps coming up.... here are the FACTS:

1. She is not retired. She wants to comeback to the WTA.
2. She had 2 shoulder surgeries and 2 wrist surgeries and continues with aggressive rehab in hopes of being able to comeback.
3. The shoulder is the problem, not the wrist. She had shoulder-labrum surgery (same injury as Alexandra Stevenson) and it takes 2 years of rehab to completely heal. Jen's 2nd surgery was in June of 2004... 2 years of rehab would put her back on the courts this summer.

To answer the thread's question... we don't know when Jen will be back (def. not at the upcoming AO) or if ever (which would be totally sad:sad: ).

My opinion is that she will make a comeback later this year. She is only 30, and has had a few years in her career where she did not play or played very little--- which I think gives her many "miles" left in her career if she can get her shoulder right. I think she could make her way back to the top 10 as well. Her movement and her groundstrokes are top notch, and the game has lessened while she has been away due to so many injuries. She could realistically play for another 3-4 seasons at a high level is she maintains her fitness--- and from what we saw of her from pictures of Iva Majoli's wedding 2 months ago she looking amazingly fit.

RJWCapriati
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Hopefully Miami 2007

Mae1
Dec 27th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Hopefully Miami 2007
That would be great, if it could happen :cool: However, I haven't been really able to pin down Jennifer's health problems. I know why she had her first shoulder surgery, but not the 2nd shoulder surgery. Did the first one not do O.K. or did she reinjury the shoulder? And I have never heard why she had to have two surgeries on her wrist at all.
It is certainly hard to come across information about Jennifer. I have done Google searches and everything!

matthias
Dec 27th, 2006, 06:51 PM
most likely never

i think if she never coming back it would just be fair to announce it
it´s really sad to see her fans waiting and waiting............

sfselesfan
Dec 27th, 2006, 06:51 PM
She's ready for the broadcast booth, not the tennis court. She's never coming back.

SF

RJWCapriati
Dec 27th, 2006, 06:52 PM
That would be great, if it could happen :cool: However, I haven't been really able to pin down Jennifer's health problems. I know why she had her first shoulder surgery, but not the 2nd shoulder surgery. Did the first one not do O.K. or did she reinjury the shoulder? And I have never heard why she had to have two surgeries on her wrist at all.
It is certainly hard to come across information about Jennifer. I have done Google searches and everything!

There is a minimum of information out there.....she has only done 2 interviews since being out.....one in Miami and another for a tennis magazine. No one really knows what is going on with her or what will happen....but I do believe Jennifer is not finished.

Steffica Greles
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Hi guys! It's Jen Jens!

I'm sooo pleased youz all been talkin' about me again. I've been havin', like, the most amaaazing time with all my girlfriends while my shoulder's been f**ked. Me and dad have been gettin' on way better -- I think it's since I turned the big 3-0 (Oooh my gosh, that sounds, like, soooo old), he seems to respect my indepen...ind...he gives me, like, sooo much more freedom. Him and Iva have been fine for a while, since she decided to get married. He thinks she's more grown-up. You know, he's got nooo clue how wrong that is! You should have seen her the other night. And have you heard about her husband? Hahaha, you thought Whitney and Bobby were troubled? He reckons I should find myself a guy, but a "nice-a-Italian-a-guy". I'm like, dad, for f**ks sake, who marries a guy that sounds like that? I need a guy who's on my kinda level, you know, kinda deep.

I was glad to see Martina's back, and doing, you know, not bad. She's really come a long way since she came to me when she was, like, 13, and asked me about how to pull guys and I taught her to smoke. I'm always rootin for her! It was, like, soooo sad what happened to Mary, but I told her she always was a clumsy muvvaf*cker! I love Mary like amazingly, but she won't come out these days cos of God and all that sh*t. I mean, like, come on, life's for enjoying yourself, right?

I still hate the f*ckin press. I get pissed like soooo much, you know? If I didn't have a broken shoulder I'd punch their *&*&**&^%$£ no good ***&^^^$%^£$ out!

Anyway, I'm still practicing and hopin' for a return. I may be 30, but truly I still feel about 14! There's still like loads and loads and loads of titles in me yet.

Better be off anyways,

Miss ya all,

Jen Jens

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DemWilliamsGulls
Dec 27th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Capriati, Seles. I really miss them.

Yeah me too...those were the good ole days when those players were on top of it...tennis was exciting...now with the Williams Sisters not playing much, Davenport is retiring, Pierce is mostly likely not to return boring ass players like Mauresmo, Henin and Kuetnesova are just killing the sport..because this was one dry ass season.....and TV ratings show it...Its kinda good Martina is back she is a very respected player...and had some good matches with The Williams Sisters, Seles, Capriati and a few others..the only matches that will hold my interest is when Sharapova is playing because she's basically a xerox of the Williams Sisters.....but it would be good to see tennis the way it was back from 1999-2003..everyone was playing then.

TeamUSA#1
Dec 27th, 2006, 08:24 PM
most likely never

i think if she never coming back it would just be fair to announce it
it´s really sad to see her fans waiting and waiting............

If she was sure she wasn't coming back, she would announce it. She just doesn't know yet..... she is trying to come back, but her shoulder is still not there yet...she's trying....

She said in May in the NY Times interview, that for all purposes you could consider her inactive until the time when her shoulder let's her play again.

I am sure if she can't return by AO 2008, she will call it a career.

Couver
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I miss Jennifer. The tour lacks a certain punch with her not there. Plus she was always dependable for putting on a great match at the majors.

But her injury sounded pretty bad, but the operations she had because of it sounded even worse. Didn't she have to have several just for one injury? Maybe it's just taking a long time to heal and she wants to be 100% before even attempting a comeback?

TeamUSA#1
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:31 PM
I miss Jennifer. The tour lacks a certain punch with her not there. Plus she was always dependable for putting on a great match at the majors.

But her injury sounded pretty bad, but the operations she had because of it sounded even worse. Didn't she have to have several just for one injury? Maybe it's just taking a long time to heal and she wants to be 100% before even attempting a comeback?
She had 2 for her right shoulder, because the 1st surgery did not work. The type of injury she had (labrum tear) takes 2 years of rest and rehab to fully heal. Her last surgery was June of 2005... 2 years from that would put her back on the courts this summer if her shoulder does heal. She wants to comeback, it depends on her shoulder.

tennisbum79
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:18 AM
I do not think she will be back.
Jen is a very intense player, and I would think she requires the same kind of
intensitity in her preparations.

I am afraid it might take more than she is willing to sacrifice, commit in effort and time

plantman
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Hi guys! It's Jen Jens!

I'm sooo pleased youz all been talkin' about me again. I've been havin', like, the most amaaazing time with all my girlfriends while my shoulder's been f**ked. Me and dad have been gettin' on way better -- I think it's since I turned the big 3-0 (Oooh my gosh, that sounds, like, soooo old), he seems to respect my indepen...ind...he gives me, like, sooo much more freedom. Him and Iva have been fine for a while, since she decided to get married. He thinks she's more grown-up. You know, he's got nooo clue how wrong that is! You should have seen her the other night. And have you heard about her husband? Hahaha, you thought Whitney and Bobby were troubled? He reckons I should find myself a guy, but a "nice-a-Italian-a-guy". I'm like, dad, for f**ks sake, who marries a guy that sounds like that? I need a guy who's on my kinda level, you know, kinda deep.

I was glad to see Martina's back, and doing, you know, not bad. She's really come a long way since she came to me when she was, like, 13, and asked me about how to pull guys and I taught her to smoke. I'm always rootin for her! It was, like, soooo sad what happened to Mary, but I told her she always was a clumsy muvvaf*cker! I love Mary like amazingly, but she won't come out these days cos of God and all that sh*t. I mean, like, come on, life's for enjoying yourself, right?

I still hate the f*ckin press. I get pissed like soooo much, you know? If I didn't have a broken shoulder I'd punch their *&*&**&^%$£ no good ***&^^^$%^£$ out!

Anyway, I'm still practicing and hopin' for a return. I may be 30, but truly I still feel about 14! There's still like loads and loads and loads of titles in me yet.

Better be off anyways,

Miss ya all,

Jen Jens

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TO MANY BONG HITS...........You sound like a Valley Girl Wannabe

Gnaag
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Considering her age andthe seriousness of her injuries, I would be very surprised if Capriati's tennis career isn't essentially over.

There isn't a real need to make a comeback, either. Like Seles, Capriati doesn't have anything left to prove.

Mae1
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:00 AM
There is a minimum of information out there.....she has only done 2 interviews since being out.....one in Miami and another for a tennis magazine. No one really knows what is going on with her or what will happen....but I do believe Jennifer is not finished.
I would just really like to know more about what really happened to her? I knew she hurt her shoulder and I found out about the 1st shoulder surgery fairly quickly. But after that I kept waiting on a comeback date only to finally hear it was 2 shoulder surgeries and 2 wrists surgeries :sad: