PDA

View Full Version : Ana's Comments in Regards to Sharapova

Langers
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Well some of Ana's comments in an interview have caused a bit of a stir and I can’t say I’m too happy about it either. Some of her remarks come across as arrogant and I really wish she would just concentrate on improving her game.

Here is the thread which discusses the article:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=278031

This also stood out to me.

Many people are already talking about you as the next world No.1. Are you convinced of this?
I certainly win the prize for the player who has made the fastest progress, but it’s still not enough for me.

Maybe the translation isn’t too flash and some things are taken out of context. I sure hope that’s what happened because if not maybe I don’t know her as well as I thought I did…

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I think there was a big problem with the translation... That comment by Ana that u quoted certainly seems to me like she actually said
"I won the award for most improved" If you look at it, it kinda means the same...

Or maybe the article itself was written wrong coz that last part doesn't seem like Ana to me either! :shrug:

Natalicious
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:33 PM
the original interview is also on her homepage
http://www.anaivanovic.com/?lang=sr&path=start/news&detailpage=1444

maybe somebody can translate it, so we can find out if it's a translation mistake or not :shrug:

Langers
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I think there was a big problem with the translation... That comment by Ana that u quoted certainly seems to me like she actually said
"I won the award for most improved" If you look at it, it kinda means the same...

Or maybe the article itself was written wrong coz that last part doesn't seem like Ana to me either! :shrug:
Yeh I agree, what was quoted doesn't seem like something Ana would say. I think you're on the money with what you said.

azdaja
Dec 26th, 2006, 03:37 PM
the original article was in italian. i suppose the interview was conducted in either serbian or english, then translated into italian and then (back) into english. there is a lot of room for making translation errors there. but even so, i don't think these comments are that bad. ana doesn't want to be compared to sharapova, that's it.

the best part of the interview is when she calls her father to save her from nosy journalists, hehe.

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:20 PM
the original article was in italian. i suppose the interview was conducted in either serbian or english, then translated into italian and then (back) into english. there is a lot of room for making translation errors there. but even so, i don't think these comments are that bad. ana doesn't want to be compared to sharapova, that's it.

the best part of the interview is when she calls her father to save her from nosy journalists, hehe.
I was gonna say that about the translation but I was 100% if it was Italian, but yeah, the translation occurred twice, big mistake! :awww:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I didn't like that "She doesn't talk to anyone..." That wasn't the question...
I think that Ana is talking too much these days (Stosur top 10 :rolleyes: )
Play tennis Ana, be the best...let others ;)

G~Playa
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:14 AM
yeah it didnt sound too flash

azdaja
Dec 27th, 2006, 02:51 PM
in her diary ana confirmed what we had suspected:

http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=diary&detailpage=137
Unfortunately something was lost in the translation of my interview with Gazzetta because I definitely didn’t say those things about Sharapova, or about “sweating like a pig”! I would never say things like that.

Love
Ana

Belco
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:28 PM
damn translations :mad:

Natalicious
Dec 27th, 2006, 08:14 PM
damn translations :mad:

yes :fiery: translation :o

Tenis Srbija
Dec 27th, 2006, 10:48 PM
But she did say that she Shaza never talks with other players... That's not Ana's to say... By the way Jelena Janković told me the same thing today :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:24 AM
:lol: :lol:

Actually JJ likes Sharapova. She said that she is with her just on hello, but has nothing against her. She speaks alot with Yuri though. One time Shaza told JJ just "You look hot" :D

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 28th, 2006, 10:35 AM
:lol: :lol:

Actually JJ likes Sharapova. She said that she is with her just on hello, but has nothing against her. She speaks alot with Yuri though. One time Shaza told JJ just "You look hot" :D
Maria's got a crush :p

Mr. Gospodin
Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:25 AM
Well some of Ana's comments in an interview have caused a bit of a stir and I canít say Iím too happy about it either. Some of her remarks come across as arrogant and I really wish she would just concentrate on improving her game.

Can anyone recall if Ana has used the word "improve", when describing her game, more times before or after Serbia's President Boris Tadic's letter to her in 2005?

the cat
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
Ana is a media darling because she's beautiful and nice and the media knows Ana will talk to them and that's what the media wants. Ana is not IMG programmed and that's a good thing becuse she enjoys talking and being friendly. But she needs to be careful when talking about rivals because her words can and will be twisted into something negative even if Ana doesn't mean to be negative.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Ana is a media darling because she's beautiful and nice and the media knows Ana will talk to them and that's what the media wants. Ana is not IMG programmed and that's a good thing becuse she enjoys talking and being friendly. But she needs to be careful when talking about rivals because her words can and will be twisted into something negative even if Ana doesn't mean to be negative.
I guess that is why it is good that she is willing to read the articles about her and correct them by saying the truth on her site BUT that does kinda only restrict it to her fans as the rest her aren't fans, have seen the false article but don't visit her site won't see the correction unless her fans get it out there... But thats the media, they will always twist everyone's words, even if they are saying really nice things are whatever, they know whats sells and they will go with that :shrug: