PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Maria's new Nike commercial...

tenn_ace
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:21 PM
and very unimpressed to say the least. She's flurting with LeBron James in that commercial although he is never in the picture in person.

first, she is very close-up in this commercial and not her best angle, so she looks unattractive imo. second, she talks a lot, but doesn't sound too convincing. perhaps because of being nervous? finally, it's not funny or cute. so, overall, it sux. Sorry, Maria, I like you, but it's the truth. :o

PS. The agency responsible for this embarassment should be fired IMO.:o

goldenlox
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I saw the other one, with the cheeleaders. That was even worse.
This one is on youtube, it's been posted already. It looked like a high school kid was doing photoshop on it.

Andy.
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:31 PM
OMG you make it out to be the worst thing since Cat Women, its not bad at all and there is nothing wrong with it and nothing to be embarrassed about, there are a lot worse ones out there.

goldenlox
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I thought the cheerleader one is much worse.
Nike is trying to be artsy, but the cheerleader reading the statement, it's unwatchable.

Andy.
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Can someone post the cheerleader one The other one is not bad at all but i would like to see the other one.

goldenlox
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I think Nike is going to film a lot of these. They look very low budget.

tenn_ace
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:35 PM
OMG you make it out to be the worst thing since Cat Women, its not bad at all and there is nothing wrong with it and nothing to be embarrassed about, there are a lot worse ones out there.

sorry but it really doesn't look good on a huge hdtv

Sefo
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Why, it's the Maria's blemishes that show?

tenn_ace
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:41 PM
btw, my favourite Maria's commercial is I feel pretty. I can watch that one non stop.

PS. I also like Alexa is featured in that commercial. :bounce:

tenn_ace
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Why, it's the Maria's blemishes that show?

no.

alelysafina
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Would anyone be willing to post a link to either of them?

tenn_ace
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I couldn't find any of them on YouTube

Sefo
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:11 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQHypbsEdNM

Lefty.
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:00 AM
sorry but it really doesn't look good on a huge hdtv

Well I guess anybody's face blown up on a huge HDTV wouldn't look great. :lol:

Sefo
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Well, it's not that much the angle or the close-up they shot, but rather the strain on her face, caused most likely by forcing herself to talk fluently and to use that stupid intonation they probably asked from her.
It's definitely not her style of talking. And the photoshopping is crap. I find the cropping of the water bottle over the USO cup wich Maria holds almost insulting. At least they should've cut out the cup entirely. In one word, f**k you nike and your lack of ideas.

morningglory
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:48 AM
:lol:
altho yeah... it coulda been better executed but at least the idea was kinda OK

carling
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:23 AM
Maria looked awful. Her too round face looked puffy and what's up with her eyebrows?

star
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:44 AM
It's definitely not very good :lol:

Derek.
Dec 26th, 2006, 03:10 AM

Looks like a cheap commerical.

geoepee
Dec 26th, 2006, 05:14 AM

Looks like a cheap commerical.
because it was......

Nike and Maria is capable of doing much better! That makeup was atrocious :sad:

alias
Dec 26th, 2006, 05:38 AM
and very unimpressed to say the least. She's flurting with LeBron James in that commercial although he is never in the picture in person.

first, she is very close-up in this commercial and not her best angle, so she looks unattractive imo. second, she talks a lot, but doesn't sound too convincing. perhaps because of being nervous? finally, it's not funny or cute. so, overall, it sux. Sorry, Maria, I like you, but it's the truth. :o

PS. The agency responsible for this embarassment should be fired IMO.:o

:tape: yuck! She want's to be his water girl?:tape:

That was a horrible commercial.

Midnite Surfer
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Better than that stupid "I Feel Pretty" commercial. That was the most poorly directed commercial I've ever seen, and I make commercials for a living!

Shimizu Amon
Dec 26th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Well I don't think there's something wrong with the angle. It's just not the best idea for a commercial. It's kinda lame. But I have seen much worse commercials in my life.

rockstar
Dec 26th, 2006, 10:06 AM
it ain't that bad though i think maria could actually put on some make up if she's going on air...

ioni
Dec 26th, 2006, 10:49 AM
not the end of the world after all is just an commercial !

Sefo
Dec 26th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Better than that stupid "I Feel Pretty" commercial. That was the most poorly directed commercial I've ever seen, and I make commercials for a living!

It ain't better. At least in that one Maria looked great and strong, not like a humble housewife carrying laundry to the washing machines.
I wonder how much LeBron got paid for this though.

Ben.
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:02 AM
:lol: to me that was absolutely awful & lame. the way she spoke especially when she said "I bet you look cute in tennis shorts" & just the way it was set out overall.

don't blame maria, blame nike :tape:

Ben.
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:07 AM
the "I feel pretty commercial" was a bit better than that other one i reckon, but in the long run they were both lame i must admit :tape:

but they were both funny only cause they were lame :lol:

enough said from me :)

alelysafina
Dec 26th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Cheerleader one?

BoucharDRules
Dec 26th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Is wearing tennis shorts supposed to be some sort of horrible humiliating experience for a man? :rolleyes:

the cat
Dec 26th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Maria should have done a Nike commercial with LeBron James in 2004 when they were both young breakout stars on the road to greatness. :) That was the time to do it because Maria was the female face of Nike and LeBron the male face of Nike. And their Nike television commercial should have included cross training with Sharapova shooting baskets and James hitting tennis balls. That would have been cool. :cool:

Joana
Dec 26th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Her face is puffy and she looks old. In general the whole commercial is silly, it could have been much better.

tenn_ace
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Ugly girl in ugly commercial. What else is new? :shrug:

by cailling Maria ugly you lost your credibility.

the cat
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:51 PM
I guess Nike and IMG want Maria to do different kinds of tennis television commercials like the "I"m So Pretty" commercial and her new Nike commerical mentioning LeBron James. But the truth is Maria has never done a commercial that I've been impressed with and that dissapoints me. :( I would rather have her do a powerful Nike commercial showing her developement through the years in film footage including highlights of some of her big wins and wonderful emotions celebrating big wins. :yeah: But instead we get Nike trying to do unique commercials for Maria. :scratch:

The best tennis commerical I have ever seen was Anna Kournikova's 1998 Adidas commericial from Moscow. :D The music was dramatic and the film footage of scenic Moscow and St. Basil's Cathedral from a distance was sensational. :) :cool: Her commercial also showed Anna practicing in a broken down Moscow tennis club in the wintertime. You have to see it to understand how good this commercial was. It was very impressive that the then 16 year old Kournikova could come up with such a fine hard hitting commercial that had nothing to do with her glamour or fame. :worship:

ioni
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Ugly girl in ugly commercial. What else is new? :shrug:

you can say ugly commercial , but really ugly girl ?? you have to find something better than this :p

Sugar_Kane
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I wonder how many millions she got to do this advert...she's so lucky

~Shopgirl~
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Someone has to be lucky ^^

The commercial... I've seen worse.

Jogi
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:16 PM
:lol: to me that was absolutely awful & lame. the way she spoke especially when she said "I bet you look cute in tennis shorts" & just the way it was set out overall.

don't blame maria, blame nike :tape:

lame commercial indeed
it starts with this ...trumpet and ends with this sentence, by far the worst and most unintentional hilarious part of this commercial, which all really cracked me up, it was kind of ":speakles: ... :haha:"
"if I run more miles than you...", "If I DON'T beat you..." OMG, BAAAD ^^
neither imaginitive nor witty

mykarma
Dec 27th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I guess Nike and IMG want Maria to do different kinds of tennis television commercials like the "I"m So Pretty" commercial and her new Nike commerical mentioning LeBron James. But the truth is Maria has never done a commercial that I've been impressed with and that dissapoints me. :( I would rather have her do a powerful Nike commercial showing her developement through the years in film footage including highlights of some of her big wins and wonderful emotions celebrating big wins. :yeah: But instead we get Nike trying to do unique commercials for Maria. :scratch:

The best tennis commerical I have ever seen was Anna Kournikova's 1998 Adidas commericial from Moscow. :D The music was dramatic and the film footage of scenic Moscow and St. Basil's Cathedral from a distance was sensational. :) :cool: Her commercial also showed Anna practicing in a broken down Moscow tennis club in the wintertime. You have to see it to understand how good this commercial was. It was very impressive that the then 16 year old Kournikova could come up with such a fine hard hitting commercial that had nothing to do with her glamour or fame. :worship:
I liked all of Venus and Serena McDonald's commercials.

Black Mamba.
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:10 PM
So of yall are way to picky. She's making money so what does it matter?

Sefo
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah, but I prefer to see kick ass, not kiss ass.
She ain't nobody's bitch.

PatrickRyan
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:27 PM
it wasn't her best commercial by far

alias
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM

I loved that commercial.
Another adidas commercial I liked was the one with Muhammed Ali fighting his daughter and the one with him jogging with all the adidas sponsered athletes.

I like the nike soccer commercials of Ronaldinho, Rooney and the Brazilian football team.

alias
Dec 27th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, but I prefer to see kick ass, not kiss ass.
She ain't nobody's bitch.

She wants to be LeBrons bitch:tape:

Dan23
Dec 27th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Its a crap commercial but Maria said it took an hour to make :lol: so its not going to be great...but nike are happy so its all good

Wiggly
Dec 27th, 2006, 11:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUFPtlsrxyQ

carling
Dec 28th, 2006, 02:29 AM
For the record, I LOVE the 'I feel pretty' commercial. It's brillant. Very well done.

the cat
Dec 28th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks alot Wiggly. I enjoyed seing Anna's enthralling Adidas commercial again. :tennis: :D :cool:

Alias, I also enjoyed the Adidas commercial between Muhammed Ali and his daughter Laila. :)

Helen Lawson
Dec 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
I think it's cute, and we're getting to hear more of Maria, which is good!

The make-up and lighting weren't good, and they made no use of that smokin' body and legs, a real tragedy.

They should reshoot it with some full-body shots and betting make-up and lighting.

new-york
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:37 PM
i think she looked kinda cute.

i've seen WORSE ads, really.

:shrug:

sunset
Dec 29th, 2006, 12:06 AM

So true. Maria is the most beautiful woman on the tour. With her movies star looks she's going to go a long way evern after she retires from tennis. :lol: :lol: