PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic "Sharapova doesn’t say a word to anyone, whereas I talk, smile, laugh!"

Adal
Dec 25th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Q: Your future seems certain. You’re pretty, sought after by sponsors. People are talking about you as the new Sharapova…
A: It’s strange, Sharapova doesn’t say a word to anyone, whereas I talk, smile, laugh!

Q: But she’s won two Grand Slam titles; surely you want to do the same?
A: Of course that is one of my goals, as is my goal of becoming the world No.1. I know I have the right qualities, and I am more than ready to reach her level, but I certainly don’t mean to copy her.

Q: What is the atmosphere like on the female circuit?
A: There is a lot of rivalry. They are always scrutinising your clothes, your appearance. There is a lot of jealousy, and I don’t think that there is any true friendship within the circuit. I try to look my best, but let’s not exaggerate, I’m not like those players who make themselves up before going on court. It always makes me wonder, ‘do you know that you’re about to sweat like a pig, and all that make-up will run?’

Full interview - http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&detailpage=568 (http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&detailpage=568)

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:17 AM
technically not true:
the only player allowed any close contact with Maria is Maria Kirilenko.

itzhak
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:23 AM
"I’m not like those players who make themselves up before going on court. It always makes me wonder, ‘do you know that you’re about to sweat like a pig, and all that make-up will run?’"

Ana, you can say Jelena....

Elwin.
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:30 AM
That's true. Michaella Krajicek also have said that Maria and her father aren't talking to anyone.

itzhak
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:33 AM
not again....

hdfb
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:38 AM
"I’m not like those players who make themselves up before going on court. It always makes me wonder, ‘do you know that you’re about to sweat like a pig, and all that make-up will run?’"

:lol:

rrfnpump
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Q: Your future seems certain. You’re pretty, sought after by sponsors. People are talking about you as the new Sharapova…
A: It’s strange, Sharapova doesn’t say a word to anyone, whereas I talk, smile, laugh!

Full interview - http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&detailpage=568 (http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&detailpage=568)

dont lie, Ana, you talk, smile, laugh AND cry :p

I dont know why players keep saying such things, even if its true, why bother to say it? It surely doesnt make you more popular.

Dasha_
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:02 AM
The part I loved the most:
"At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova: “What do I have that she doesn’t? I’m a nice person…”"

FrenchY52
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:09 AM
That's true. Michaella Krajicek also have said that Maria and her father aren't talking to anyone.

So did Peer

lilimi
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:10 AM
"At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova: “What do I have that she doesn’t? I’m a nice person…”"
:devil: :devil: ditto i love this girl. she's not the first player to say that sharapova doesn't talk to others.
more seriously, reading the whole interview, ana looks really down to earth and a bit bitter about the tennis world. she doesn't seem to have many 'friends' on tour, except masha kirilenko . maybe she dosen't want to share her firend with sharpie:lol: :lol: :lol:

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:10 AM
let the fun begin ......:lol:

Princeza
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:11 AM
"is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova:

i love ana but she's not at all

flyingmachine
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Is this bitch fight Chirstmas special. :tape:

lilimi
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:14 AM
let the fun begin ......:lol:
yes. i was surprised ana's article hasn't been posted before.:lol: the season will begin soon. it will get worse:rolleyes: i don't think said that to be mean against sharapova.

Princeza
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Maria Sharapova: Tennis gets me worked up. It's a drive! I forget about everything while playing and I don't care a damn about what is going on out of court.

Sharapova's_Boy
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:26 AM
"At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova''

LMAO. :haha:

Dasha_
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:30 AM
:devil: :devil: ditto i love this girl. she's not the first player to say that sharapova doesn't talk to others.
more seriously, reading the whole interview, ana looks really down to earth and a bit bitter about the tennis world. she doesn't seem to have many 'friends' on tour, except masha kirilenko . maybe she dosen't want to share her firend with sharpie:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think she is good friend with Dani and Sveta also. And she always talks best about Kim.

geko
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:30 AM
This is really no suprise to me. Many girls have said such things before. Though I must say in defense of Sharapova that you don't become a tennis player to make friends with every girl on tour! You become a pro tennis player because you have a serious passion for the sport of tennis and you are willing to sacrifice a lot of things to succeed. I guess you could be a little friendly though :p !

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:38 AM
yes. i was surprised ana's article hasn't been posted before.:lol: the season will begin soon. it will get worse:rolleyes: i don't think said that to be mean against sharapova.

who said that this post has got something to do with Sharapova ? and who is mean to her ? not me :lol: but i predict 20 pages about how robotic and bitchie she is and at the end everybody will forget who started the thread and what was all about just because is off season and nothing better to do it's only right to pick on this girl again so why not have fun while we doing this ? and talk about how overrated she is and how Ana is better then her and prettier...:angel:

lilimi
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:00 AM
who said that this post has got something to do with Sharapova ? and who is mean to her ? not me :lol: but i predict 20 pages about how robotic and bitchie she is and at the end everybody will forget who started the thread and what was all about just because is off season and nothing better to do it's only right to pick on this girl again so why not have fun while we doing this ? and talk about how overrated she is and how Ana is better then her and prettier...:angel:
exactly, that's why i said there's nothing mean concerning sharapova in ana's words.
in fact i' think we both agree that there is nothing really important and new to talk about in what ana has said.
i can understand that ana is a bit tired to be compared with sharapova for no reason.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:06 AM
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best and be compared to the best that is why the similarities are between Ivanovic & Sharapova

I don't see what Ana said was worth mentioning people are taking it the way they want to take it and they want to cause shit but its not the time for that

Ben.
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM
this isn't new to me so why make such a fuss bout it :rolleyes: bet this thread will go to 20 pages & then everyone forgets about it :lol:

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:29 AM
exactly, that's why i said there's nothing mean concerning sharapova in ana's words.
in fact i' think we both agree that there is nothing really important and new to talk about in what ana has said.
i can understand that ana is a bit tired to be compared with sharapova for no reason.

yep we can agree that Ana doesn't says nothing mean towards Sharapova ..;) ..but even she said who cares nothing new right ?? but don't see Ana this kind of person...but even if it isn't nothing new and important to talk about people overe here will go on and on about how Maria is...:devil: ..so isn't about Ana it's about people over here..just one thought people who are shy usually are mistaken by being arrogant one thing is if you can't communicate with people and one thing is if you felling above them i get the same reaction ..but not talking with people doesn't mean you feel superior to them..she might just be shy people think of that too ?
i'm sure she can talk [since she was a kid maybe ?],...and she laughs and cries and everything people usually do .. but what do i know ? just as well while we having this conversation she might just killed another poor fly or even worse get back to that old nasty habit of her eating babies :lol: :lol:

Edward.
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:33 AM
"At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova''

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Her head is big enough to eclipse the sun, but thats about it.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:33 AM

Craigy
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:34 AM

daniela86
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:00 PM
yep we can agree that Ana doesn't says nothing mean towards Sharapova ..;) ..but even she said who cares nothing new right ?? but don't see Ana this kind of person...but even if it isn't nothing new and important to talk about people overe here will go on and on about how Maria is...:devil: ..so isn't about Ana it's about people over here..just one thought people who are shy usually are mistaken by being arrogant one thing is if you can't communicate with people and one thing is if you felling above them i get the same reaction ..but not talking with people doesn't mean you feel superior to them..she might just be shy people think of that too ?
i'm sure she can talk [since she was a kid maybe ?],...and she laughs and cries and everything people usually do .. but what do i know ? just as well while we having this conversation she might just killed another poor fly or even worse get back to that old nasty habit of her eating babies :lol: :lol:

I also think Maria is shy.In her interviews,she isn't used to bashing players or being bitchy and she praised several players like Mauresmo,Hantuchova,Kirilenko or Hénin so I don't think she really despises the other players and thinks she is above them.
Maria Kirilenko is the player she is the most comfortable with because they grew up together so she is less shy with her.

Mina Vagante
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:01 PM
yay ivanovic:bounce: well said

Tennace
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:02 PM

:haha: That is probably what she was thinking...

Adal
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:03 PM
I pretty much like Sharapova, but just had nothing to do so I started this thread :) Enjoy people!

TaliaSecondServe
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Why do these young girls - Ivanovich, Peer and Krajicek - think that these loud statements about Sharapova make them "nice"? Even if they don't like Maria they shouldn't say these words about her for press if they really want to look "nice".

Maria is blamed for being unfriendly but she has never said a wrong word about any tennis-player. She's always correct and nice while speaking about other tennisists. She is not so social in tennis circus and what of that? She has friends beyond the tennis world. Everybody know that there is no real friendship in tennis world. Even Myskina and Dementieva are not best friends any more. So why to lie? Maria is honest and doesn't pretend... At least I look at it this way.

Here is what our tennisist Dmitry Toursunov said about Maria. I think it's close to the reality:
"I can't say that Maria is a good girl or a bad girl. She can be different. When we are talking to each other it's ok - we are joking and laughing. Sometimes she can walk by and don't say "hello" to me. But most of the players from top 10 rarely communicate with other players. They are focusing on the result and everything else is not so important for them".

pooh14
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:08 PM
ivanovic isn't the first player to comment on sharapova's quietness.

sharapova does not appear to be a friendly person, but that doesn't mean she is a bad person.

and anyway it isn't fair to compare ivanovic and sharapova.
yes, sharapova has achieved alot more for her age, but ivanovic might be a late bloomer.

martina achieved alot more then steffi when she was young, but at the end of the day steffi achieved much much more.
same with federar, he did not win slams when he was in his teens, but he is unbeatable now.

it doesn't matter where you start, what matters most is where you end.

eXtreme
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:15 PM
:rolls:

J am confused... Which Jelena?

goldenlox
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:25 PM
This comment by Bartoli was funny -

'Fame shot Sharapova onto another planet'
November 19 2004 at 08:46AM Paris - Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova's success this season has not only shot her to world No 4 from No 32 at the end of 2003, but onto another planet, French tennis rival Marion Bartoli claimed on Thursday.

Sharapova's triumph in the WTA Tour Championship capped a milestone year for the 17-year-old, and world No 41 Bartoli believes that success has created a barrier with the Russian beauty which did not exist a year ago.

"She doesn't really speak to anyone. When you pass in front of her it's as if you don't exist, you're invisible, especially now," said Bartoli, who has been called in as a replacement for No 2 Amelie Mauresmo in the French Fed Cup team for the final phase in Moscow from November 24-28.

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:30 PM
:rolls:

J am confused... Which Jelena?

Jankovic maybe ???

Adal
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:35 PM
It's kinda strange when players say that she doesn't say hello to them. Maybe it's because they don't say hello also and they think that Maria should say it to them first?

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I pretty much like Sharapova, but just had nothing to do so I started this thread :) Enjoy people!

i can relax now i thought you're a hater ...:lol: :p :lol: ....i thought this thread was about ANA ! ENJOY ???

Adal
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:38 PM
i can relax now i thought you're a hater ...:lol: :p :lol: ....i thought this thread was about ANA ! ENJOY ???

Thread about ANA? OH... who cares about her? And yeah - enjoy. Now people will have what to bitch about in like 2-3 days.

Sefo
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:46 PM
It’s strange, Sharapova doesn’t say a word to anyone, whereas I talk, smile, laugh!

Hahahahahaha. What a load of drivel. She surely want to please.

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Thread about ANA? OH... who cares about her? And yeah - enjoy. Now people will have what to bitch about in like 2-3 days.

yes it should be about Anna, about her future who cares about her ? well i don't know maybe her fans ?..so i guess we should be thankful to you cause we have something to bitch about ?? :lol: news for you when it comes to Sharapova there's always something to bitch about, here on this forum that doesn't make it a good thing ..nothing to enjoy..:p

Adal
Dec 25th, 2006, 01:04 PM
yes it should be about Anna, about her future who cares about her ? well i don't know maybe her fans ?..so i guess we should be thankful to you cause we have something to bitch about ?? :lol: news for you when it comes to Sharapova there's always something to bitch about, here on this forum that doesn't make it a good thing ..nothing to enjoy..:p

Why not? It's offseason and so why not discuss something people like to. If they didn't enjoy it they wouldn't discuss it and will leave this thread.

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Why not? It's offseason and so why not discuss something people like to. If they didn't enjoy it they wouldn't discuss it and will leave this thread.

ok but who cares about ANA ? kind of mean...there are people on this board who really like her ..

tenn_ace
Dec 25th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I, for one, don't care if it's true. I remember Graf was basically hated as one of the players who didn't have friends on the Tour and who was very cold and unfriendly to other players. So? These days everybody (or almost everybody) loves her.

Adal
Dec 25th, 2006, 01:19 PM
ok but who cares about ANA ? kind of mean...there are people on this board who really like her ..

Well I didn't mean like this, just in that kind of situation when *some player* speaks about how arrogant is Sharapova nobody cares about Peer, Bartoli or someone outside top 100, who said this, everybody care about Maria.

TaliaSecondServe
Dec 25th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Ivanovic: "Sharapova doesn't say a bad word about anyone, whereas I talk about her!" :lol:

Sefo
Dec 25th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Yep, something like that.

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Well I didn't mean like this, just in that kind of situation when *some player* speaks about how arrogant is Sharapova nobody cares about Peer, Bartoli or someone outside top 100, who said this, everybody care about Maria.

well they might confuse arrogance with something else .! .and as far as i read Ana doesn't say nowhere that Maria is arrogant [Peer said that ] for me Ana is just trying to escape to be compared with Maria wich is not a crime since neither Maria didn't liked when she was compared with Anna K ..everybody wants to be the original and not a copy ...don't see what she 's saying wrong about Maria just the fact she's the quite tipe weird to me after all the noise she's doing on court :lol: doesn't smiles .laughs or talks wich i can see for my self everytime i see a match of hers..Ana doesn't know that well Maria they only played once ..and they don't spend time with each other of court ,or do they ? she just had made an opinion about her but it's her opinion..

pooh14
Dec 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM
ya, in all fairness Ana never made any remarks about maria being arrogant.

she just compared herself being talkative and maria being quiet.
there is nothing negative in saying one is quiet.

Adal
Dec 25th, 2006, 02:42 PM
ya, in all fairness Ana never made any remarks about maria being arrogant.

she just compared herself being talkative and maria being quiet.
there is nothing negative in saying one is quiet.

But she actually said that Maria is not nice person - "At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova: “What do I have that she doesn’t? I’m a nice person…”

Greattennis
Dec 25th, 2006, 02:51 PM
You have to be carefull with newspaper articles: they write what they want, they destroy quotations and put them in another order together, so that they have the most attention

Sefo
Dec 25th, 2006, 03:25 PM
They're all jealous. She's a natural born model, and playing very well and looking also very well is too much pain for some to bear.

goldenlox
Dec 25th, 2006, 03:30 PM
But she actually said that Maria is not nice person - "At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova: “What do I have that she doesn’t? I’m a nice person…”Does Ana say anything about other players?

Adal
Dec 25th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Does Ana say anything about other players?
Um.... no. She was only asked about Sharapova.

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 25th, 2006, 03:49 PM

Q: But she’s won two Grand Slam titles; surely you want to do the same?
A: Of course that is one of my goals, as is my goal of becoming the world No.1. I know I have the right qualities, and I am more than ready to reach her level, but I certainly don’t mean to copy her.

Unfortunately, Ivanovic has obviously taken from the playbook of Kim Clijsters.

Sure, its nice to be fun and popular, but fun and popular doesn't make you a multiple GS champion in professional tennis.

At one time, I had high hopes from Ivanovic, but now, it appears she approached a fork in the road, and took the wrong direction.

Ivanovic will never amount to anything historically in the sport of tennis. She simply doesn't have the killer instinct to become a champion.

itzhak
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Jankovic maybe ???

yes. remember what Myskina said about Jelena after their match in Wimbeldon...

BTW interesting to note that as far as I know, the player that care most about her look is Kirilenko. however, Maria K. and Ana are very close friends so she didn't talk about her...

DutchieGirl
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:50 PM
:lol: About the make-up; so true. I always wondered why players would bother to wear it...

Neptune
Dec 25th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Why do these young girls - Ivanovich, Peer and Krajicek - think that these loud statements about Sharapova make them "nice"? Even if they don't like Maria they shouldn't say these words about her for press if they really want to look "nice".

Maria is blamed for being unfriendly but she has never said a wrong word about any tennis-player. She's always correct and nice while speaking about other tennisists. She is not so social in tennis circus and what of that? She has friends beyond the tennis world. Everybody know that there is no real friendship in tennis world. Even Myskina and Dementieva are not best friends any more. So why to lie? Maria is honest and doesn't pretend... At least I look at it this way.

Here is what our tennisist Dmitry Toursunov said about Maria. I think it's close to the reality:
"I can't say that Maria is a good girl or a bad girl. She can be different. When we are talking to each other it's ok - we are joking and laughing. Sometimes she can walk by and don't say "hello" to me. But most of the players from top 10 rarely communicate with other players. They are focusing on the result and everything else is not so important for them".

Nothing to add.Stop this stupid question about Sharapova "she's not nice blablabla......" I don't think players who said that will be more recognized.
I think this is just primary and childish.What they say that in their interviews?
Ok,they don't love her but when you don't love a person,you're not obligated to say that all around the world!

Natash.
Dec 25th, 2006, 06:40 PM

BTW interesting to note that as far as I know, the player that care most about her look is Kirilenko. however, Maria K. and Ana are very close friends so she didn't talk about her...

^I don't get it o_o

Are you saying Makiri cares about her looks than her actual tennis? I don't think it's fair to judge a player on that.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Why does she needs these statements? Live, and let Maria live...

Natash.
Dec 25th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Exactly. In the long run, it's just going to make Ana look bad.

Derek.
Dec 25th, 2006, 07:02 PM
At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova

I love the "At just 19" as if Maria is a 28 year old veteran. :haha:

And she's not even close to Masha.

Ana and her fans can continue to talk like they did after Montreal.

Joana
Dec 25th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Shut up, stop doing photoshoots and start practising. It's a long way to go before you can even think of eclipsing Maria's achievements, unless you're thinking about achievements such as winning Internet beauty contests.

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 25th, 2006, 07:41 PM
i often really wonder ana and jelena are not good friends

Slumpsova
Dec 25th, 2006, 07:42 PM
and this not-talk-to-anyone player wants to join Fed Cup team with others. i doubt if she even cares to have a word to Dementieva or even Safina :rolleyes:
bitch.

Hachiko
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Don't blame Ana for the comparisons between her and Maria. I'm sure a lot of the things she said were probably taken out of context (this is the nature of the media) because I don't believe Ana is the kind of girl to seek conflict.

jazar
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:26 PM
so sharapova never talks. only cos she is more famous and everything she does is scrutinised. i think when ana is more successful she will be a little less media friendly, as she will have to be more wary of them

Sefo
Dec 25th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I don't buy this "Maria doesn't talk" story. Don't really trust what players say one of each other. Don't really trust media. Don't really trust forum users.
For example, they have said that Lindsay is so talkative and extroverted and Maria is so dumb and unfriendly. But the video with the Dubai ski center proved the opposite. Maria was very talkative and witty, whereas Lindsay was so quiet.

canoe.
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:24 PM
A: There is a lot of rivalry. They are always scrutinising your clothes, your appearance. There is a lot of jealousy, and I don’t think that there is any true friendship within the circuit. I try to look my best, but let’s not exaggerate, I’m not like those players who make themselves up before going on court. It always makes me wonder, ‘do you know that you’re about to sweat like a pig, and all that make-up will run?’The tour itself has created this culture. Style over substance...alot of these girls seemed to have forgotten why they're there in the first place. They come off as a bunch of dumb bimbos who play mediocre tennis most of the time, and yes, there are exceptions.

I'd like to see a new leader for the WTA. Someone who emphasizes high quality play over "being glamorous". The wta has beat that dead horse to death, and it's gotten them no where. Their first change should be instituting a dress code.

guyinsf
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:26 PM
technically not true:

What does that mean "allowed"? Is Sharapova considered royal or something and does this imply that every other female tennis player really wants to hang out with her? I REALLY REALLY doubt that! I don't think top players like Henin, Mauresmo, etc really give a f**K about Sharapova and whether or not they get to talk to her.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:33 PM
This is nothing new, people.

Warrior
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Youzhy had the same same complaint about Maria. Recently Dmitry Tursunov was asked the same question. He said that they are occasionally chat, but even on some occasions she would not say hi to him. According to him it's normal. Most of the top players rarely communicate with others. They're just concentraned on the game.

here's a link if you speak Russian

http://www.eg.ru/publication.mhtml?Part=7&PubID=8558

senorgato
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Usually, when someone has to point out that they're nice, smile and talk, then they're probably extremely fake as well.

.david.
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Oh geez Ana this Maria "bashing" is so last season:rolleyes:

At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova
:haha: :lol: :tape:

new-york
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:10 PM
i don't really like silly comparative questions.

i just hope ana's positive words will translate on court.

Hachiko
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Usually, when someone has to point out that they're nice, smile and talk, then they're probably extremely fake as well.

There is a vast difference between being genuine and down to earth than being overly polite and friendly.

Sugar_Kane
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Sharapova doesn’t say a word to anyone, whereas I talk, smile, laugh

She forgot to add, "Maria is already winning Grand Slams, wheras I'm not!"

Andy.
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:16 PM
For someone who is so nice she doesnt mind to have a bit of a dig at people does she and the comment about eclipsing Masha ROFL.

ezekiel
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I like her words and honesty, no false and politically correct madness

ezekiel
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:19 PM
She forgot to add, "Maria is already winning Grand Slams, wheras I'm not!"

Given the way the hype has hit her head and behaviour , Pova could be history by the time Ana breaks out

ezekiel
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:22 PM
For someone who is so nice she doesnt mind to have a bit of a dig at people does she and the comment about eclipsing Masha ROFL.

no dig or political correctness , just honesty and maybe some media sensationalism. Ana is cool, I saw her schoolmates and they say she hasn't changed their relationship

Junex
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:50 PM
There is something about the TOP players...

at one point in there career, they were despised by most of their peers, which coincidentally the time span of their dominance....

Its just funny when lower players would diss out negativity on the top players, specially Ana & Justine, but it is not strange at all...Its called JEALOUSY!!!!

Junex
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:50 PM
There is something about the TOP players...

at one point in there career, they were despised by most of their peers, which coincidentally the time span of their dominance....

Its just funny when lower players would diss out negativity on the top players, specially Ana & Justine, but it is not strange at all...Its called JEALOUSY!!!!

Farina Elia Fan
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Ana is so sweet :hearts:

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:30 AM
If players like Ivanovic, Peer and Bartoli, didn't talk, you would never know the inside scoop.

Veritas
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:37 AM
So much bitchiness :drool: I can just imagine the catty comments about the outfits.

"Did you see Dementieva's outfit today? It's sooo Venus 2005 :rolleyes: :lol: "

Lulu.
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:55 AM
:rolleyes:

tennisjunky
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:00 AM
maria will continue to beat up on her just like she did to the othe big mouthed girl who got banned. maria makes you eat your words, cant wait till they play again. poor ana she wont know what hit her.

Derek.
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Given the way the hype has hit her head and behaviour , Pova could be history by the time Ana breaks out

If Ana breaks out.

Pova just won her second slam not to long ago.

What has Ana done since her "breakthrough" at Montreal?

drake3781
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:05 AM
So did Peer

That's right! I was racking my brain for who else said that and it was Peer.

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:08 AM
That's right! I was racking my brain for who else said that and it was Peer.Do you want a list of players who have said non-positive things about Sharapova?
You can start with the Russian Fed Cup team, and most of the Russian Davis Cup team.

drake3781
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Do you want a list of players who have said non-positive things about Sharapova?
You can start with the Russian Fed Cup team, and most of the Russian Davis Cup team.

I didn't know about those, but we just recently had a thread about Peer, who said the same thing about Sharapova as Ana, that Maria would not speak to her when Shahar tried to compliment her or engage her about something.

morningglory
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:40 AM
A: There is a lot of rivalry. They are always scrutinising your clothes, your appearance. There is a lot of jealousy, and I don’t think that there is any true friendship within the circuit. I try to look my best, but let’s not exaggerate, I’m not like those players who make themselves up before going on court. It always makes me wonder, ‘do you know that you’re about to sweat like a pig, and all that make-up will run?’

I don't think this is true...

Morrissey
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:58 AM
I am sure Maria could be nice off the court. But she has a coldness to her she comes across as a mean bitch.

partbrit
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:02 AM
What's offensive is calling her "the new Lolita."

antonella
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Isn't Ana.. a little bit too old to be called 'Lolita'??

.Andrew.
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:28 AM

I don't think this is true...

Totally agree. There are definitely some close friendships on tour like Iva Majoli and Jennifer Capriati.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:34 AM
its nice to hear someone say what they really feel

charmedRic
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:59 AM
I like Ana. I hope it's not as bad as she pictured it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

franny
Dec 26th, 2006, 05:15 AM
I love how hypocritical people on this board is. If it's a player you like, then if they diss on another player, it's "they are telling it like it is." However, if its a player you don't like, then it's, "this player is a bitch." Seriously people, stop being so hypocritical.

And bottom line Ana, you don't need to take cheap digs at other players. Wtf? Someone tries to compare you to another player, and instead of answering with tennis-related facts, you go and talk about their personality? This is tennis, not a social contest. Win some more tournaments before you start taking digs at people. In fact, make a few more semifinals before you start taking digs at people. This is the same for Peer and all those lower ranked players. Learn to back up your talk with your tennis, not your mouth. Saying mean things about other players gets you nowhere. It makes for juicy gossip, but that's all there is to it.

Maria wins, that's what matters. She may be cold to people, but at least she does not say mean things about people off the court. But whatever, shes' got two slams, a year end championship, gotten to number 1, the acheivements go on. Ana, she talks, smiles, and laugh. Wow!

Couver
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Ana is the only one who comes off looking bad in this interview IMO. So what if Sharapova doesn't speak to anyone? The thing is the WTA is not high school and it's not like a conventional working environment. You're competing against these other women for lots and lots of money $$$$$. So making nice isn't exactly optimal. I'd side with her if there were accounts of Sharapova actually being a bitch to other players, but simply being aloof isn't a criticism. Every top player with the exception of Kim probably has been labled "unfriendly" at some point in their career. And it usually conincides with them winning.

eXtreme
Dec 26th, 2006, 09:19 AM

:confused: What did Myskina say about Jelena?

Shimizu Amon
Dec 26th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Who cares about this stuff?

The Dawntreader
Dec 26th, 2006, 09:31 AM
technically not true:

So tennis players have to be allowed to have contact with other players? is maria that mighty:rolleyes: :lol:

gmak
Dec 26th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Ana reach some slam semis first before speaking about Maria :lol: :devil:

bagpuss
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Guys, let's not forget that Ana was asked a QUESTION in an INTERVIEW. It's not like she just offered these quotes to be nasty! You need to understand how interviews work. Players are asked questions and then they give answers. Don't blame Ana, or Marion or Shahar, for answering question honestly.

But if you want an example of a totally unprovoked attack, check out Nastiya's comments about Jankovic at Wimbledon this year: http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2006wimbledon/070306A2.html

The_Pov
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:16 AM
:haha:

Why does Ana feel that Maria should waste her time with a player several levels behind her. I don't understand why it's such a big deal if Maria doesn't talk to other players, if Maria Kirilenko came out and said Maria ignores now then I could understand the fuss.

I never knew that 2 titles and a career high of 13 was close to eclipsing 15 titles (including 2 grand slams) and a career high of number 1, and they're what...the same age :rolls:

Ana actually achieve something with your career before bitching about far superior players

Langers
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
technically not true:
Interesting. But Ana was Maria's doubles partner for months, surely she would then know Sharapova does have friends on the tour. Unless they're not friends anymore...

morningglory
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Why does she needs these statements? Live, and let Maria live...

:lol: that might be possible for awhile... until they have to clash on court again then someone's gonna have to die :lol:
Let's face it folks, players are there on the tour to play and win. Throwing some flames around is part of the process of pumping themselves up... keep it up Ana, and I will wait and see whether this attitude of yours translates into results or not...

Veritas
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:50 AM
But if you want an example of a totally unprovoked attack, check out Nastiya's comments about Jankovic at Wimbledon this year: http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2006wimbledon/070306A2.html

I'm not surprised this has come from Myskina herself. OK, there are cases where transcripts of interviews aren't word-for-word exact, but she's made unfair criticisms about other players (e.g. Hingis, Sharapova) in the past.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:52 AM
If players like Ivanovic, Peer and Bartoli, didn't talk, you would never know the inside scoop.
I knew about Masha's personality after meeting her for the second time...

Anyway, maybe Masha is more interested in talking with celebrities like David Beckham, Uma Thurman and so on than talking with general players on tour...

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Myskina says lots of things about other players. You can like it or not.
Some fans on a meesage board aren't going to stop players from giving their opinions.
They are there. Not outsiders.

JadeFox
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Ah, yes, the classic take-a-slight-jab-at-others-to-make-yourself-look-better. It's straight out of the high school textbook.

I like Ana, I wish her a bright future, but saying this does not make her look better, if that was her objective. I can understand hating being compared to someone else. It sucks when a person is trying to create their own path, and they really only compare two people for the most superficial reasons possible. However, I think the next time Maria comes up in an interview, Ana should just take the "no comment" route, and refocus the interview on herself.

eXtreme
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Guys, let's not forget that Ana was asked a QUESTION in an INTERVIEW. It's not like she just offered these quotes to be nasty! You need to understand how interviews work. Players are asked questions and then they give answers. Don't blame Ana, or Marion or Shahar, for answering question honestly.

Thank you for the link...You are right...Totally unprovoked attack...Nastiya,Nastiya...http://www.guitarzone.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/mellowno.gif
Not to mention that J think it's not quite true...

MikeJones
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Good, hopefully this is the start of a BITTER rivalry. It would be good for womens tennis. Thats if Ana can win something BIG at somepoint :cool:

Langers
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Good, hopefully this is the start of a BITTER rivalry. It would be good for womens tennis. Thats if Ana can win something BIG at somepoint :cool:
I agree, it would be great for the WTA.

bagpuss
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:52 PM
The foxy serbian vs the faux siberian! :)

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I knew about Masha's personality after meeting her for the second time...

San Diego, 2004. I remember.
The players know her personality too...:wavey:

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Attention all:
Don't pay too much attention to this article, it has been translated in to English and u can see in the parts that the translation somewhat changes the context of what she is saying...
I wouldn't take too much notice of this article coz it seems pretty dodgy overall... Besides, like someone said, this is Ana's (apparent) opinion, & that's all it is!

the cat
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I don't think there is any major problem between Maria and Ana. Just some normal tension among competitive young ladies. They will be rivals because of their common age and glamorous profiles in women's tennis. Also Maria Kirilenko went from playing Nike doubles with Sharapova to Adidas doubles with Ivanovic and that has to factor somewhere in the Sharapova/Ivanovic equation because Makiri is friends with both Big Masha and Ana. I just hope Sharapova and Ivanovic don't have a tug of war over Makiri because the mentally and physically fragile Little Masha is the one that will suffer the most. :sad:

I hope Ana keeps her same friendly personality even if she becomes and elite tennis player and has alot of people coming after her to take her down a peg or two for being very successful and very attractive. Ana's friendliness and kindness will be tested then.

Sefo
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Why threads involving Sharapova tend to get so controversial?
After all, Ana didn't say much anything.

the cat
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:21 PM
That's the truth Sefo. I think the media and fans badly want rivalries between women tennis players and women in the media for that matter.

One thing is for sure you never hear Maria Sharapova knock another player in any way.

JadeFox
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:41 PM
That's the truth Sefo. I think the media and fans badly want rivalries between women tennis players and women in the media for that matter.

One thing is for sure you never hear Maria Sharapova knock another player in any way.

I totally agree with everything you said. I just hope Ana doesn't mean anything bad by what she said, or her words got twisted.

I've never been that interested in rivalries anyway. I just want to see my favorites play.:)

raquel
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:58 PM
People used to say this about Steffi Graf and Venus and Serena too, about how they were quite introverted when it came to talking to other players. They didn't care and neither does Maria, I'm sure. If Maria was too nice and chatty with the players she would get criticised as well, like Kim Clijsters who is often called out for being "too nice".

the cat
Dec 26th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks Jade. Of course Ana didn't mean anything bad by saying Maria doesn't talk to her. She just said it because that's the way it is.

And Raquel is correct in saying people have said some top players aren't friendly and stay to themselves. Steffi Graf is the best example of that. She was on tour to win titles and be a great player not to make friends. Maria has a similar mentality.

Corswandt
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:21 PM

I love how hypocritical people on this board is. If it's a player you like, then if they diss on another player, it's "they are telling it like it is." However, if its a player you don't like, then it's, "this player is a bitch." Seriously people, stop being so hypocritical.

And bottom line Ana, you don't need to take cheap digs at other players. Wtf? Someone tries to compare you to another player, and instead of answering with tennis-related facts, you go and talk about their personality? This is tennis, not a social contest. Win some more tournaments before you start taking digs at people. In fact, make a few more semifinals before you start taking digs at people. This is the same for Peer and all those lower ranked players. Learn to back up your talk with your tennis, not your mouth. Saying mean things about other players gets you nowhere. It makes for juicy gossip, but that's all there is to it.

Maria wins, that's what matters. She may be cold to people, but at least she does not say mean things about people off the court. But whatever, shes' got two slams, a year end championship, gotten to number 1, the acheivements go on. Ana, she talks, smiles, and laugh. Wow!

Ana is the only one who comes off looking bad in this interview IMO. So what if Sharapova doesn't speak to anyone? The thing is the WTA is not high school and it's not like a conventional working environment. You're competing against these other women for lots and lots of money $$$$$. So making nice isn't exactly optimal. I'd side with her if there were accounts of Sharapova actually being a bitch to other players, but simply being aloof isn't a criticism. Every top player with the exception of Kim probably has been labled "unfriendly" at some point in their career. And it usually conincides with them winning.

Ah, yes, the classic take-a-slight-jab-at-others-to-make-yourself-look-better. It's straight out of the high school textbook.

I like Ana, I wish her a bright future, but saying this does not make her look better, if that was her objective. I can understand hating being compared to someone else. It sucks when a person is trying to create their own path, and they really only compare two people for the most superficial reasons possible. However, I think the next time Maria comes up in an interview, Ana should just take the "no comment" route, and refocus the interview on herself.

Ah the joys of multiquote.

Anyway, I'm quoting all of these previous posts because I don't have anything to add to them.

It's almost endearing how Ivanovic doesn't seem to realise that by bitching about another player while claiming to be nicer than her she's pretty much disproving herself.

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:25 PM
They are answering a question about Sharapova. That she won't talk to them.
You're the one coloring it with criticism, not the players.

Corswandt
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:37 PM

I can think of countless ways to answer this question

Your future seems certain. You’re pretty, sought after by sponsors. People are talking about you as the new Sharapova…

and of presenting herself as a nice person (which was probably what Ivanovic was trying to do) without talking shit. The interviewer said nothing about Sharapova's personality, so Ivanovic's remarks couldn't come more out of the blue.

Still, nothing more than a trifle to keep us amused during the offseason.

Corswandt
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:40 PM
They are answering a question about Sharapova. That she won't talk to them.
You're the one coloring it with criticism, not the players.

I) The interviewer didn't ask Does Sharapova talk to you? or even You must have met Sharapova personally. What do you think of her?.

II) I don't find it surprising that you of all people don't perceive Ivanovic's comments as negative. But as you can see if you browse this thread, almost everybody else did.

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:43 PM

That was nothing, and you're a nut.
This thread was already buried, and you dug it up to make a condescending insult towards Ivanovic, who did nothing wrong.

Sugar_Kane
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:47 PM
I) The interviewer didn't ask Does Sharapova talk to you? or even You must have met Sharapova personally. What do you think of her?.

II) I don't find it surprising that you of all people don't perceive Ivanovic's comments as negative. But as you can see if you browse this thread, almost everybody else did.

Don't bother argueing with it, it hates Sharapova and won't be satisfied until she plays for the US or get seriously injured or both. If Maria got stabbed on court goldenlox would still argue it was somehow Maria's fault:rolleyes:

Hachiko
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:50 PM

That was nothing, and you're a nut.
This thread was already buried, and you dug it up to make a condescending insult towards Ivanovic, who did nothing wrong.

Agreed. If at least two other players have come out with similar comments, then it's highly likely it's true and therefore it wasn't wrong of Ana to say so. She's good with keeping her fans informed of the happenings behind the scenes on the tour.

Corswandt
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:52 PM
but i would like to see media quotes describing Pova as nice person. So, Povalovas please post them, better to prove Ana wrong then attacking
her.

Matt Cronin: It’s time and place with the women. Some days it’s so casual and they are so accessible that I think I’m hosting them at a dinner, and other days I feel like I forgot to bring my VIP invitation to a nightclub. Even though there are some problems with the women, Sharapova is very good for the most part.
Eleanor Preston [The Guardian]: She’s great and funny.
Cecile Soler [Le Figaro]: She’s bright and mature, and she can’t help how successful she is.
Matt Cronin: Unfortunately, you can’t teach charisma. Some of them have it and some of them don’t.

Source: tennis reporter roundtable.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=9516573&postcount=1

"But these reporters only get to interact with Sharapova on post-match pressers, all access hours and the like". Yes, but the players who go on about how much of a bitch Maria is don't get to meet her on a real life, or even informal, setting, so what they are seeing of her is pretty much the same.

"Bright and funny isn't the same as nice". Maybe, but nobody would describe a stone cold bitch the way those reporters did.

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:52 PM
Don't bother argueing with it, it hates Sharapova and won't be satisfied until she plays for the US or get seriously injured or both. If Maria got stabbed on court goldenlox would still argue it was somehow Maria's fault:rolleyes:
Don't be an idiot. I'm allowed an opinion.
I very much believe I'm right here.
Saying - "it's endearing blah blah blah" is insulting.

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Agreed. If at least two other players have come out with similar comments, then it's highly likely it's true and therefore it wasn't wrong of Ana to say so. She's good with keeping her fans informed of the happenings behind the scenes on the tour.A lot of people said it about Sharapova.
So what? It doesn't make Sharapova the devil.
And it was a good answer.

Corswandt
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Agreed. If at least two other players have come out with similar comments, then it's highly likely it's true and therefore it wasn't wrong of Ana to say so. She's good with keeping her fans informed of the happenings behind the scenes on the tour.

There's plenty of dirt on just about every player you can think of, but the fact that it is true (and in the case of the "Maria is such a bitch" WTA clique, it may well be just sour losing) doesn't make it any less inelegant and random to make such a dig out of the blue. Ivanovic is entitled to her opinion about Sharapova's personality - but she wasn't even asked about it.

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Ivanovic is entitled to her opinion of Sharapova a lot more than you are entitled an opinion of Ivanovic.
Because Ivanovic has tried to talk to Sharapova.

Corswandt
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:07 AM
you're a nut.

Chill out.

This thread was already buried, and you dug it up

It was still on the front page of GM.

to make a condescending insult towards Ivanovic, who did nothing wrong.

The alternative to being "condescending" (i.e. considering it likely that this was just clumsiness/naïveté from Ivanovic's part) would be to assume that Ivanovic's single goal was indeed to diss Sharapova, and that would make things even worse (i.e. a slightly bigger storm in a teacup).

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Chill out? Let me have my fun,
I'm going to roll in 2007 in these kinds of discussions.

Ivanovic's answer was fine. You should look at your "endearing" comment.
I'm reacting to your nonsense.
And you've been all nonsense in this thread.

Dan23
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:17 AM
:spit: :haha: :o

Her head is big enough to eclipse the sun, but thats about it.:lol:

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Good on ya ana!!

XCoco
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:27 AM
One day, on french TV, a few months ago, Marion (Bartoli) said Maria doesn't talk with anyone because her team keeps good with her etc.

morningglory
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Wow, a bit surprised to see this thread still alive! :lol: fight on! Now that there's no bis or Marshy, GL sure is giving us some fun here; kinda amusing how she defends Ana... the first time I've seen her defend a non-Russian :lol:

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Ivanovic doesn't need defending. She gave a good answer.
I'm critiquing some of the criticism. I'm almost off topic.

bagpuss
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:44 PM
There is an update in her latest diary entry http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=diary&detailpage=137

"Unfortunately something was lost in the translation of my interview with Gazzetta because I definitely didn’t say those things about Sharapova, or about “sweating like a pig”! I would never say things like that."

Dare I suggest it would have been more appropriate if she had been misquoted as "grunting like a pig" instead? Nah, don't think I will... :)

pooh14
Dec 27th, 2006, 12:59 PM
There is an update in her latest diary entry http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=diary&detailpage=137

"Unfortunately something was lost in the translation of my interview with Gazzetta because I definitely didn’t say those things about Sharapova, or about “sweating like a pig”! I would never say things like that."

Dare I suggest it would have been more appropriate if she had been misquoted as "grunting like a pig" instead? Nah, don't think I will... :)

lol she must be reading the response in wtaworld :p

azdaja
Dec 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
lol she must be reading the response in wtaworld :p
i think it's more plausible that she's reading comments on articles on her website :p

Serge007
Dec 27th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I would never say things like that
And 10 pages about "never say things". very funny.

Sugar_Kane
Dec 27th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Ivanovic doesn't need defending. She gave a good answer.
I'm critiquing some of the criticism. I'm almost off topic.

She gave a good answer to a totally different question

SelesFan70
Dec 27th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I bet they have similar unforced error percentages on the forehand side. :tape:

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Everyone wants this thread to go 20 pages.

Neptune
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Only Maria and some others players has the power to do that.I don't know if it's pathetic or not,But we just ask Maria to play tennis.Friends or not friends on the tour,it's doesn't matter.I'm tired about all this shit about Maria.Let the girl plays.....

the cat
Dec 27th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Only Maria and some others players has the power to do that.I don't know if it's pathetic or not,But we just ask Maria to play tennis.Friends or not friends on the tour,it's doesn't matter.I'm tired about all this shit about Maria.Let the girl plays.....

Well said.

Corswandt
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:19 AM
[posts 151-152-153]

Diversionary attacks and dilatory manouevres.

I'm answering them below anyway; since this is an argument merely for argument's sake, I might as well go all the way with it.

BUT you're merely trying to divert this thread from the the main point, which isn't whether Ivanovic's remark is accurate or not. I'll give two examples: even though she's toned down her act considerably since her comeback, Hingis will still on occasion make the odd sarcastic, biting remark about a fellow player; also, Vaidisova will throw tantrums, be rude to ballkids and linesmen/women - both are verified facts (Maria being a stone cold bitch may or may not be). Does that make it OK for someone to bring it up out of the blue as a way to sum up the player they're being asked about? Is it not tactless at best?

Q - One of the great stories of the year is Hingis' comeback...
A - Martina has always made catty and immature comments about other players, while I have never done anything of the sort, since I have the utmost respect for everyone on the Tour.

Q - Vaidisova is an up and coming player like yourself...
A - Nicole is very immature and is often rude to both officials oncourt and fans, whereas I treat everyone with kindness and respect.

Davidenko, Tursunov are jelous WTA girls that Pova beats always?
Nice try:help:

Tursunov says she's aloof, nothing more. He's not passing judgement.

Davydenko, unless we're talking about some other remarks of his, merely said that "Sharapova is American and not Russian", which isn't a comment on her personality.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=davydenkoftr&prov=st&type=lgns

N-I-C-E P-E-R-S-O-N
Balcan war criminals have better quotes than this :haha:
No one argues about Pova responsibility, professionalism ...
Last one was best, it fits Hitler too. :tape:
Resorting to Cronin will get you only that far.

Cronin was actually very restrained. It was the other reporters who poured on the praise. If the others didn't agree with Cronin, they would have said so.

Anyway, my point is that Ivanovic's remarks are as valid as those of a tennis reporter or of a fan who asked for an autograph or otherwise approached the player in question. The picture they all get is just as limited.

FYI i never heard in my life any Serb using phrase
"sweat like a pig"

How does something as straightforward as this gets mistranslated?

"It’s strange, Sharapova doesn’t say a word to anyone, whereas I talk, smile, laugh!"

I saw the first paragraph of the original Italian article, and it includes a paraphrase of this.

Still, nothing but a trifle, and I'm leaving it at that.

Corswandt
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Ivanovic is entitled to her opinion of Sharapova a lot more than you are entitled an opinion of Ivanovic.
Because Ivanovic has tried to talk to Sharapova.

And that makes her an expert on the subject. :lol: I'm looking forward to her book-length essay.

Chill out? Let me have my fun,
I'm going to roll in 2007 in these kinds of discussions.

I know we're just goofin' around in here until actual tennis starts - but that's one more reason for you not to be this aggressive.

Ivanovic's answer was fine. You should look at your "endearing" comment. [...]Saying - "it's endearing blah blah blah" is insulting.

And calling me a nut isn't?

Anyway, are you really suggesting that a top pro giving an interview to the "Gazzetta dello Sport" and some loser posting at an Internet message board are to be held to the same standards?

goldenlox
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:25 AM
It's not 20 pages yet. Keep going..

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:29 AM

tennisbum79
Dec 28th, 2006, 01:37 AM

I have to agree.
Maria is an intense and competitive person.
As matter of fact, when she goes from that high intensity to smiling and laughing, she comes accross as fake. ANd that was pointed out in othewr threads as well.

It is just her personality.

Nico_E
Dec 29th, 2006, 03:18 AM
even though i like Ivanovic and i dont like Sharapova, i dont agree with these kind of comments from Ana... even if Maria is not the most sociable person its a very competative tennis tour so its not required to be like that, plus she gets the results that matter (slams, no1 etc)

Ivanovic cant paint herself with the nicest girl in the world crap all the time and then have sly little digs at ppl like that, makes her look like a bit of a fake character to me.

i do think there is a bit of jealousy and bitterness among the womans tour, to say the least. what they all seem to forget is that it will all be over for them soon enough and they are forgotten and replaced in no time.

antonella
Dec 29th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Talk about beating a dead horse to death..

Nico_E
Dec 29th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Talk about beating a dead horse to death..Venus Williams joke ?

Elenarulez
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:36 PM
And? Who cares? She follows her own way ... and thats good to see ...

VenusMashaROCK
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM
oh well, maria would kick your ass on the tennis court anyday

Donny
Jun 9th, 2007, 02:58 AM
It's pretty hard for Maria to laugh and smile when she's being fed breadsticks by Ana.

tennisbear7
Jun 9th, 2007, 02:58 AM
:help: I can't believe you bumped this.

PatrickRyan
Jun 9th, 2007, 03:01 AM
any surprise :shrug:

stevos
Jun 9th, 2007, 04:40 AM

I love when you see people change.

dybbuk
Jun 9th, 2007, 05:31 AM
This thread was pointless :yawn:

Adal
Jun 9th, 2007, 06:17 AM
This thread was pointless :yawn:
:ras:

Jeff
Jun 9th, 2007, 06:22 AM

It's sad when people make stupid comments, and then others respond to those stupid comments by bashing the player being commented. Ivanovic wasn't the one making this comment, so why bash her that way?

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 28th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Bump.

corstea4life
Jan 28th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Ana is trying her hardest to be hated by girls on the tour i think! but thats ok because she is the hottest out of any other player on it. Ana is so f**king hot!!!

random fan
Jan 28th, 2008, 04:59 AM
necro is bad, mkay?

LefandePatty
Jan 28th, 2008, 05:15 AM
:spit:

Svetlana.
Jan 28th, 2008, 05:28 AM
I thought Ana was more intelligent than she actually is :lol:

tenn_ace
Jan 28th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Must have been nice for Maria to put "the almost eclipse" back to her place :lol:

Keep talking Ivanovic. Seems though that you need to start doing the walking and soon.

densuprun
Jan 28th, 2008, 06:42 AM
"At just 19, the Serbian tennis player is already close to eclipsing Miss Sharapova"

Ana is not even remotely close to Maria, let alone her accomplishments. The talk about "eclipsing" Maria is just laughable. Funny what a couple of slam finals do to a player'a reputation.

tenn_ace
Jan 28th, 2008, 06:50 AM
by the way, Ivanovic answered herself why Maria is"nottalking to anyone"... Maybe she doesn't want take part in gossiping Ivanovic is talking about in the next sentence :lol:

Louis Cyphre
Jan 28th, 2008, 10:25 AM

That is what I was thinkin :lol:
But its not Jelena`s fault ... if she enter the court wiht her "natural" face everyone will go away screaming and running :devil:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 28th, 2008, 10:29 AM

LOL LOL yes ana say it...more drama :drool:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jan 28th, 2008, 10:30 AM
That is what I was thinkin :lol:
But its not Jelena`s fault ... if she enter the court wiht her "natural" face everyone will go away screaming and running :devil:

LMAO!!! :haha:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 28th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I don't see what's the fuss with Maria not talking to some players :shrug: Maybe she just don't wanna...
Sometimes it looks like this - I don't like Maria, she isn't speaking to anyone (Why isn't she speaking to me, whyyyy, whyy GOD!!!) :rolleyes:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jan 28th, 2008, 11:27 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :bowdown:

Cp6uja
Jan 28th, 2008, 12:00 PM
This interview is from 2006 when Ana is still not even TOP15 player and Maria dominate with Mauresmo and Henin. I like Ana's confidence here.

BTW... why is Serena interview before couple months about "OVERRATED" Maria is closed (lock) here?

harloo
Jan 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I like Ana because I think her personality is more genuine than Marias'. She's even ten times more beautiful than Maria in my opinion. But for some reason, I feel if she doesn't toughen up right now she'll end up being the next Clijsters. Maria's job isn't to be sociable or be friends with anyone on tour, it's to win. Hopefully Ana takes that attitude and whips Sharapova into the ground. :)

Huntress555
Jan 28th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Maria just seems like a really focussed person.

The stuff Ana is talking about when she talks about the womens circuit in the next question is probably what Maria tries to avoid.

DokicPova
Jan 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1851/animation1pc0.gif

Poova
I like Ana because I think her personality is more genuine than Marias'. She's even ten times more beautiful than Maria in my opinion. But for some reason, I feel if she doesn't toughen up right now she'll end up being the next Clijsters. Maria's job isn't to be sociable or be friends with anyone on tour, it's to win. Hopefully Ana takes that attitude and whips Sharapova into the ground. :)
:spit: Good one!

Langers
:spit: Good one!
Yeh, I guess Maria is pretty real because she's so hated. You don't get to be that way by faking.

slamchamp
Jan 28th, 2008, 01:29 PM
journalists are hilarious..She's about to eclipse sharapova?! :haha:

slamchamp
Jan 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Yeh, I guess Maria is pretty real because she's so hated. You don't get to be that way by faking.She's not hated, if they are jealous about her well..that's another issue :shrug:

Tenis Srbija
Jan 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
So many hate in this thread :rolleyes:

Princeza
Jan 28th, 2008, 01:37 PM
:zzz:

Poova
Jan 28th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Yeh, I guess Maria is pretty real because she's so hated. You don't get to be that way by faking.
Actually I was laughing more at the fact that the person I quoted seems to be under the allusion that Ivanovic has any personality at all. She doesn't. She is the most boring player in the top 50 by a long shot. :help:

Anyway, success brings haters because of jealousy. Maybe Ivanovic will find that out if she ever wins a slam.

Langers
Jan 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Get those eyes checked.

ToeTag
Jan 28th, 2008, 02:04 PM
They are always scrutinizing your clothes, your appearance.
These girls realize they're there to play tennis right?

mashamaniac
Jan 28th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Well after two years from that article she's yet to eclipse half of maria's contracts!!! now should we wait another couple years for that to come true??!!! :zzz:

faboozadoo15
Jan 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Keep on talkin, smilin, and laughin. ;)

griffin
Jan 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
BTW... why is Serena interview before couple months about "OVERRATED" Maria is closed (lock) here?

I don't know about the Serena thread, but this one's being locked because it was clearly bumped (it's over a year old, peeps) to stir up trouble.