Nicole Vaidisova 20 to 1

Elena Dementieva 50 to 1

Ana Ivanovic 40 to 1

Jelena Jankovic 30 to 1

Anastasia Myskina 50 to 1

Patty Schnyder 80 to 1

goldenlox
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I'm a Nadia fan, but I wouldn't bet her to win the title at 12-1. I mean, Kim almost won it in 2004, and she's 10-1.
I can't wait for the tournament, though.
It's the only major until late May.

LH2HBH
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I think Nadia's odds are fair. If she could put 3 or 4 matches together at her playing her best, she could take home the hardware.

Nice to see Jelena Jankovic on the radar. I think she's becoming a favorite of mine!

Just Do It
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Jelena :eek: I cant wait :bounce:

cartmancop
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Oh wow, I would definitely bet a small amount on MH with those odds...I mean I just don't see Vaidisova or Venus having a 'better' shot @ winning based on current events...

goldenlox
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I think Nadia's odds are fair. If she could put 3 or 4 matches together at her playing her best, she could take home the hardware.

I hope so, but Nadia's fans deserve better odds. :D

!<blocparty>!
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Martina's odds are good. Maybe it'll be worth 20 quid. :p

UDACHi
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:40 PM
hingis has lower odds than vaidisova and venus. elena has lower odds than the serb girls and the same odds as myskina.

another lovely job by the oddsmakers.

saki
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:00 AM
hingis has lower odds than vaidisova and venus. elena has lower odds than the serb girls and the same odds as myskina.

another lovely job by the oddsmakers.

The bookies make a very good living doing this. I think these odds are reasonable. Hingis will almost certainly get further in the tournament than Vaidisova or Venus but I'd give Vaidisova or Venus more of a chance of winning the whole thing. It's only a matter of time before Vaidisova breaks through and so the bookies don't want to offer too good odds on her, in case they lose it all. Venus has shown the ability to come from nowhere to win a major, so again the bookies don't want to risk too much on her. Hingis hasn't shown that she could beat 3 top players in a row for a long long time now.

LudwigDvorak
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Not to mention Elena hasn't beaten two top 10 players in a row since 2004. So I think those odds for her are good. Jankovic is more likely to beat some top tenners in a row than Elena, now. I mean, Jankovic beat three at the US Open and pushed several of them to three after that, it's not like she's lacking the capability to win a Slam.

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:35 AM
i like how vaidisova has equal or better odds than serena, venus, dementieva, and kunetsova :rolleyes:

UDACHi
Dec 25th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Not to mention Elena hasn't beaten two top 10 players in a row since 2004. So I think those odds for her are good. Jankovic is more likely to beat some top tenners in a row than Elena, now. I mean, Jankovic beat three at the US Open and pushed several of them to three after that, it's not like she's lacking the capability to win a Slam.

seriously? the australian is elena's worst slam, and she STILL has a much better record than jelena there. elena has proven herself capable of going deep into slams, with 2 finals, 2 semis and 2 quarters. jelena has a semi. and elena is ranked 4 places higher than jelena.

ps- elena beat mauresmo (4th) and pierce (6th) in the 2005 fed cup final. ;)

Derek.
Dec 25th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Why shouldn't Nicole's odd's be good?

Her game suits the rebound ace quite well.

If she has everything going, she can go far. :)

LudwigDvorak
Dec 25th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Fed Cup is separate. No one gets ranking points by beating anyone on Fed Cup. But yes, that aside, one week of the past two years she managed to beat two 10 players in a row.

Jankovic is blossoming. We'll see if she continues that next year.

Drake1980
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Seems Hingis should have better odds than that!

Derek.
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:25 AM
i like how vaidisova has equal or better odds than serena, venus, dementieva, and kunetsova :rolleyes:

Why shouldn't she?

Venus and Serena lack match play.

Dementieva doesn't really like rebound ace.

And Nicole can beat Sveta too.

njnetswill
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:43 AM
I love Myskina and all, but giving her better odds than Patty? :confused:

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Why shouldn't Nicole's odd's be good?

Her game suits the rebound ace quite well.

If she has everything going, she can go far. :)

im not saying they shouldnt be good, but she hasnt won a slam before like the other people, and these people are always dangerous. based on their current games even, kuznetsova has proven she is more able to win a slam at the CURRENT MOMENT than vaidisova

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:46 AM
I love Myskina and all, but giving her better odds than Patty? :confused:

because patty doesntusually do too great in slams and has never won a slam before

DutchieGirl
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:10 AM
Myskina has much better odds than Schnyder...why? :lol: Didn't they see the score this year? :lol:

DutchieGirl
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:11 AM
because patty doesntusually do too great in slams and has never won a slam before

Erm, but Myskina's been playing shite lately, Patty's ranked higher than her, this is Patty's best GS by far, AND Patty schooled Myskina in the 4th r this year. ;)

Derek.
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Erm, but Myskina's been playing shite lately, Patty's ranked higher than her, this is Patty's best GS by far, AND Patty schooled Myskina in the 4th r this year. ;)

Nastya schooled her a couple of weeks ago, exhibition or not. ;)

DutchieGirl
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Nastya schooled her a couple of weeks ago, exhibition or not. ;)

Different surface, was it not? :p

DutchieGirl
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Oh and for the thread starter...since when was it Ausy? I'm an Aussie... :p