PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever re-watch a match that your favourite lost?

swissmr
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
^^

SAEKeithSerena
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:32 PM
hell no. too painful.

Jippo McScally
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
If it's a good match I will, but then I usually stop around the time they begin to lose

Russianboy
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:40 PM
Yes, I watched the Masha vs. Kim (US Open 05) match many times! But I watched only at 5-6 till the end of the set and in the third at 0-4..:D

Tennace
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:41 PM
Yes :o

Viktymise
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:41 PM
Seles - Venus Aus 02, Vee was injured :sad: but the quality of the last two games were so dramatic some of the rallies were :eek: i was crying after she lost, very tense match

The Daviator
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:43 PM
Seles - Venus Aus 02, Vee was injured :sad: but the quality of the last two games were so dramatic some of the rallies were :eek: i was crying after she lost, very tense match

I'm sorry that you were crying :hug: But that match is one of my all-time favourites, I skipped school so I could watch the end :lol: Monica :hearts: :worship:

Viktymise
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
I'm sorry that you were crying :hug: But that match is one of my all-time favourites, I skipped school so I could watch the end :lol: Monica :hearts: :worship:

I remember i was off school that day :lol: The 2 d last rally of that match was one of my all time faves ;), Vee's defence was :speakles: did you watch the Eurosport coverage of that match

LH2HBH
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
Lots! Especially if there are two favorites playing eachother!

Masha vs. Myskina Aus Open 2003
Serena vs. Capriati US Open 2004

Vass22
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:52 PM
Nastya vs. JHH, Athens 2004

I rarely watch the last few points though. That's just traumatic.

santhuruu
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Yes I do, for example today I watched back by coincedence Venus vs. Davenport WTA Stanford 2004 Final final set. High quality, I also watched back Serena vs. Mauresmo to actually see in what kind of condition Serena played that match. Ehmmmm I also saw one time Serena vs. Capriati 2004 UsOpen quarterfinal back.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Yes I do!!!

And I'm always... "C'mooon!!!!" :lol: And than I'm like :rolleyes: "Luka she lost you do know that?" :lol:

But it's always good to watch tennis...doesn't matter if my fav. lost :)

.david.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
uhm yeah i sometimes watch the Australian Open Semi Maria-Serena again. Drama, grunting(or should i say screaming), very intense and great Rallies. It gets harder to watch at the end though.

Filippo-Nastya
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
Yes, I have re-watched Nastya's matches against JHH Athens '04, Serena YEC '04, Maria YEC '04 and Mauresmo Wimbledon '05.
There are other matches lost by Nastya that I have taped but I have never re-watched because it would be too frustrating (for example Berlin and RG '05 and the match against Patty at the AO this year).

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:17 PM
Nope...can't :sad: although I do watch portions of some of them. Like the forehand Serena hit down JHH's throat @ 2003 FO, but I can't watch the 3rd set past 4-2. :sad::sobbing::fiery:

Actually the only losses I can swallow are the ones to Vee.

And I watch portions of the 2004 USO QF, but won't even TOUCH W 2004 F, YEC 2004 F, or W 2005 3rd....the really bad ones :sad:

drive-volley
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:18 PM
Venus vs. Serena AO 2003. Classic.

Mina Vagante
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
RE- watch? lol i don't even WATCH:lol:unless im watching it live then i go into a sulk

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:21 PM
:lol:

hurricanejeanne
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Nope.
The closest I've come is the 2005 Wimbledon final, ESPN2 reshowed it this summer and I turned it on just to see where they were in the match and I just then promptly turned it off.
Too hard to watch Lindsay come that close and watch is all slip away. :sad:

goldenlox
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
I'd rather watch a tape of when my fav wins. Usually all the close losses are the same reason. Sloppy play at key moments.

Hingie
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Hell NO!

There are way too many horrible matches involving Hingis which if she held herself together she would have more Slams.

Instead, i'll opt for matches she's won. And if i really need a pick me up, i'll watch one where she clobbered some helpless opponent. :drool:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
No I don't watch replays of the matches, it's just to boring to me to watch a match which result you already know :shrug:

Vamos.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Where do you start with Mauresmo? The amount of heartbreaking moments...

I do like to re-watch though, it makes me like Amelie even more, all her Semi-Finals at Wimbledon are matches that I particularly watch over and over again, how did she not win one of them until this year?!

!<blocparty>!
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
All the time. I actually bought the USO QF 2001 on DVD.

For about 8 months I had a strange obsession with the 05 Wimbledon final but my brother taped over the third set with a football match. I would watch it all up until 6-6 in the third - the BBC's commentary was great.

pka_liloo
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Hell NO!

There are way too many horrible matches involving Hingis which if she held herself together she would have more Slams.

yes, but most of them are incredible matches... such as both AO finals with Jennifer. this is really hard, I agree, but the matches are just too great not to watch htem again.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
I'd love to see the 2003 Wimbledon QF, just for the second set and then to laugh at the third set tank.

Lulu.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
Yes. But I usually get mad when I see what she should have done to win the match

LH2HBH
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:53 PM
I must say I am surprised at the amount of people that say they can't or won't watch their favorites lose. :weirdo:

If you are really a fan then you should see your favs as human and be able to take the good with the bad, in my opinion.

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:56 PM
No to say that I can't, it's just painful to see my fave play badly. Or get hurt, or get cheated. I can watch some of them, but the cheats and the chokes hurt the worst :sad:, but I def. understand what you mean.

Europe rocks
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:57 PM
Hantuchova-Kuznetsova Eastbourne final 2004

That was a great week from Dani and it gave her so much confidence. It really revived her year, especially after that terrible loss to Asagoe at the French. The only thing I don't like is that she was 2 points from the title :sad:

Dexter
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
no.

Stamp Paid
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
Immediately after the 2004 Wimbledon final I watched it over and over again, to grasp exactly what happened. But I would never watch it again these days. I watched the 2004 USO SF vs Capriati to see how Serena was cheated in the third set, specifically the last game. The only loss I watch kinda often that Serena lost is the 2001 Australian Open QF vs Hingis. Some really brilliant points they both played in that match.

mashamaniac
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
oppps...yeah,i was favoring masha in match between her and jhh in AO semis of this year when she lost it in the 3rd! afterwards i watched it for nearly 6 times up till now!:p and still regretting how came that she lost it?

FaceyFacem
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:09 PM
Yes, I've watched the Graf v. Sanchez-Vicario 1995 Wimbledon F many times, Arantxa really had a shot there, and to me was a most disappointing of her GS final losses... I wish she had won either Wimbledon or the Australian at least once

cometz9
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:22 PM
oh hell no, those matches are erased and never to resurface again :scared:

Sara81
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, this years Yec semifinal against Amélie :)

Viktymise
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
All the time. I actually bought the USO QF 2001 on DVD.

For about 8 months I had a strange obsession with the 05 Wimbledon final but my brother taped over the third set with a football match. I would watch it all up until 6-6 in the third - the BBC's commentary was great.

BBC Commentary at Wimbledon time is the best in the game definatley, then followed by British Eurosport

sapir1434
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
if it was a good match, then why not.

Ben.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
S'times, depending on what mood i'm in :)

The Daviator
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:54 PM
I remember i was off school that day :lol: The 2 d last rally of that match was one of my all time faves ;), Vee's defence was :speakles: did you watch the Eurosport coverage of that match

Yeah, I was due in school at 9, but the third set had begun just as I was meant to be leaving, but it was too exciting so I mitched :lol:

laurie
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:54 PM
Hingis v Seles - 2000 Masters final - such an emotional match, I really wanted Seles to win. But the tennis is so great in that match its one of my favourite matches.

I haven't watched this years French Open final again. I really fancied Svetlana's chances but her terrible record against Henin played a part in that defeat. I'm not sure Svetlana believed she could beat Henin. I believe she can and hopefully will in a big final in the future.

The Daviator
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
I'd love to see the 2003 Wimbledon QF, just for the second set and then to laugh at the third set tank.

That was a really high quality match, Lindsay didn't tank the third :lol: It was just a case of Venus playing amazing tennis and dominating Lindsay, then Lindsay took her turn to dominate Venus, and then Venus took over, they never played great at the same time...

Slampova
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
uhm yeah i sometimes watch the Australian Open Semi Maria-Serena again. Drama, grunting(or should i say screaming), very intense and great Rallies. It gets harder to watch at the end though.

I've watched that quite a few times aswell :(
And Masha vs Venus at Wimbly & vs Clijsters at the US Open...

LudwigDvorak
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
I really like the Antwerp semifinal between Clijsters and Dementieva, even though I don't much enjoy Clijsters. And I liked their meeting at the YEC this year, even though yet again Dementieva lost.

The '05 Wimbledon final was amazing. I love both players so I was happy either way, though there was a definite bit of melancholy that one of them had to lose.

Ummm. I'm downloading a match that Dementieva lost to Hingis. I might like it. But other than everything I just mentioned, I despise seeing my favorites lose, because as said before, it's usually from them playing poorly.

bmwofoz
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:06 PM
Yep,

Capriati vs Davenport 2000 Aussie Open Semi
Capriati vs Serena Williams 2001 Wimbledon Semi

both were great matches, the matches I couldn't watch are loses to players like P.Hy US Open and L.Meskhi US Open both very painful to watch, in light of how things went.

but all end well ends well.

serenafan08
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:30 PM
Serena/Hingis Aussie Open '01. Even though Serena lost, it was one of the best matches these two played against each other!!! Terrific stuff in the third set.

.Andrew.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:44 PM
Yes... I re-watch it and analyze what my favourite messed up.. Like I was screaming as I watched Venus and Pironkova when she made that jacked up backhand error at 30-30 7-8 Tvseti ;)

miss_molik
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Yeah, if i had the chance i would watch Alicia vs. Lindsay at AO 05 again. Alicia played so amazingly. I would probably not watch the last 2-3 games though.

hingisGOAT
Dec 24th, 2006, 06:00 AM
yes, but most of them are incredible matches... such as both AO finals with Jennifer. this is really hard, I agree, but the matches are just too great not to watch htem again.

i have watched the 2002 final again, fantastic emotional match, hingis left everything on the court (and played brilliant tennis for two sets).

however the 2001 AO final i could never watch again, sure jennifer played great but omg marti :help: look at match point, hingis' second serve had to be about 50 mph, terrible effort

stevos
Dec 24th, 2006, 06:09 AM

I watch this so much, and it kills me everytime I see Maria walk off the court, knowing how close she was, but this match was too amazing and dramatic!

It doesn't get any better than that. Props to Serena :worship:

cypher_88
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:40 AM
yep :sad:
Nastya vs. JHH Oly Semis

GoClijsters
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Depends on wich matches. I never watches the final of RG 2003 again but I did watched Australian open 2004 final where Kim lost against Justine in 3 close sets. I only did that cause i gathered a lot of people around me and i wanted to know their opinion about one ball that the umpire called out or in in the third set.I don't remember precisly what it was but the umpire made a decision in Justine advance. I still hate that umpire.
But I do watch some matches kim lost but where she played very well like Kim's latest match against mauresmo in Madrid. I saw some great tennis and that's all that i wanted!

Jorn
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I did buy and watch the FO 1988 Finale on tape some times, even now I can't find that tape, i does still want to watch it!

TomTennis
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Depends on wich matches. I never watches the final of RG 2003 again but I did watched Australian open 2004 final where Kim lost against Justine in 3 close sets. I only did that cause i gathered a lot of people around me and i wanted to know their opinion about one ball that the umpire called out or in in the third set.I don't remember precisly what it was but the umpire made a decision in Justine advance. I still hate that umpire.
But I do watch some matches kim lost but where she played very well like Kim's latest match against mauresmo in Madrid. I saw some great tennis and that's all that i wanted!

it was a forehand drive volley from Kim (Im pretty sure anyway). I think the score was something like 3-3 or 3-4. Not too sure, but I do remember all the drama surronding that shot because it was very close.

TomTennis
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I hate watching things that Venus lost, and never do.

The only one do watch now and again is Venus vs Davenport 2004 US Open 4th round.

The quality was very high and some of their rallies were really good. The only thing I watch it for is the last game. That game was awesome :eek: especially when Venus hit that amazing forehand passing shot when she was down match points #2. Then the next point (deuce) she hit a fab backhand winner.

I always switch it off at this point, because I always always always wonder what would have happened had Venus won one of those break points to level the score at 5-5. I think it would have gone to three sets.................but there is no use wondering :sad:

Princeza
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:10 AM
never watched hingis graf 99 FO final again
too painful

HenryMag.
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:11 AM
If I don't watch live, I watch it later, but just one time to see how Lena lost...QF USOPEN, it's an example...

Polikarpov
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Yes, I watch 99 RG Final every now and then.

Craigy
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Tati vs Sharapova @ Miami this year. I love that match :hearts: :sad:

frenchie
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:43 PM
JHH def Nastya Olympics semis!!!

It hurts me sooooo much but I watch it a lot to find why Nastya didn't win this match. I still haven't find the answer??

jazar
Dec 24th, 2006, 01:35 PM
yep, that way you can analyse where they went wrong and what they can improve on, and then i can apply it to the players i work with

eugreene2
Dec 24th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Never! Never! Never! Both players have to be my favorite - like the old Graf/Seles '92 French. I know you're asking, how could a person like Graf & Seles? Well, I always liked Graf & then after that idiot stabbed Seles, I couldn't help but become of supporter of hers.

RJWCapriati
Dec 24th, 2006, 02:55 PM
91, 03, 04 U.S. Open SF's

Highlandman
Dec 24th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Yes:sad:

Maryamator
Dec 24th, 2006, 03:18 PM
sometimes...
i like to see what my player is doing wrong and then months later i see if she worked on it:lol:

jazzfuzion
Dec 24th, 2006, 03:26 PM
all the time everyday if i can,i try to do it as often as possible

FrenchY52
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I try to re-watch every match my fave played

kammgretel
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:03 PM
For me that is the same, cause you are not the protagonist... :angel: and you always support your favo in her win or lost. :kiss:

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:20 AM
no it's to painful for me !

pka_liloo
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:44 AM
i have watched the 2002 final again, fantastic emotional match, hingis left everything on the court (and played brilliant tennis for two sets).

however the 2001 AO final i could never watch again, sure jennifer played great but omg marti :help: look at match point, hingis' second serve had to be about 50 mph, terrible effort

yes, but still.. the only Hingis match I will never look again is 99th RG final.. :tape: all the rest is acceptable ;)

natacha1
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:50 AM
The only match Justine lost and I still have on tape is her first grand slam final against Venus, wimbledon 2001. Who ever thought then that that was the beginning of a great career for Justine??

It does not hurt anymore because Justine made it up with 5 other grandslamstitles.