PDA

View Full Version : CORRECTED - Ivanovic sets Fed Cup record straight

MARYANGEL
Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:37 AM
Serbia's Ivanovic wants to play in Federation Cup
Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:16 PM GMT
Email This Article | Print This Article | RSS [-] Text [+]
BELGRADE, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Serbia's world number 14 Ana Ivanovic wants to play in the 2007 Federation Cup after turning down the chance to represent her country this year.

A busy WTA Tour schedule forced the 19-year-old to miss this season's event but Ivanovic must play next year to fulfil her dream of winning a medal at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

"I had to say no to the national team coach this year because of a shoulder injury and a hamstring problem I sustained through non-stop playing, week after week," she told Friday's Belgrade daily Press.

"I am still growing and it will take a bit more time to build my shoulders. If I am fit and Serbia qualifies for the Federation Cup finals this year, I will most certainly take the opportunity to represent my country."

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyid=2006-12-22T131642Z_01_L22921342_RTRIDST_0_TENNIS-SERBIA-IVANOVIC.XML

Acording to Ana Ivanovic website this information is fake:
I read a story today about me that was completely fake. Some newspaper invented some quotes from me about Fed Cup! It is true that you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers!
All I can say is that the current plan is not to play Fed Cup next year. My priority is to stay healthy and not put too much stress on my shoulder. I don't want to play too much tennis - that is the same reason why I won't play so much doubles.

http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=diary&detailpage=136

G~Playa
Dec 23rd, 2006, 06:46 AM
Aww Wuddnt That Be Nice..Winnin Gold For Ur Country...Too Bad The Article Is FAKE

Mr.Kardashian
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:38 AM
i love ana... and i hope she does well in australia this january! =)

Ana&Jelena Fan
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:53 AM
We`ll see... Everything depends on her. Nobody will stop her to play for her own country.

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:05 AM
Its offficial : Ana Ivanovic will play for Serbian in fed cup with Jelena Jankovic !!!!

Ah i cant wait to see them playing together (doubles) :woohoo:

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah, by the way source is B92 !!! :)

MARYANGEL
Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:27 PM
Hello to all, I was readynig Ana Ivanovic Website and Ana Ivanovic said that this news is fake:

I read a story today about me that was completely fake. Some newspaper invented some quotes from me about Fed Cup! It is true that you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers!
All I can say is that the current plan is not to play Fed Cup next year. My priority is to stay healthy and not put too much stress on my shoulder. I don't want to play too much tennis - that is the same reason why I won't play so much doubles.

http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=diary&detailpage=136

It's sab that newspaper makeup stories and compromeside the credability from the player. I guess It wont be Fed cup for this year.

Langers
Dec 23rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
Wow I just read her latest diary entry, canít believe the media would do that. Good on Ana for hitting back and putting the story to rest.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 23rd, 2006, 03:44 PM
Its offficial : Ana Ivanovic will play for Serbian in fed cup with Jelena Jankovic !!!!

Ah i cant wait to see them playing together (doubles) :woohoo:

:haha: :haha: Stupid you...
In that text on B92 there is not sentence in which says "I will play Fed Cup next year"

And And told on her's site that info from "Press" is completly fake :)

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
yeah, but yesterday in main news was headline : Ana to play fed cup with Jelena :confused:
We know that B92 is one of the best TV stations in Serbia :shrug:

MARYANGEL
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:13 AM
CORRECTED - Ivanovic sets Fed Cup record straight
Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:22 PM GMT
Email This Article | Print This Article | RSS [-] Text [+]
(ADVISORY: This story replaces our Dec. 22 tennis item which contained errors about Ivanovic related to the Fed Cup)

BELGRADE, Dec 23 (Reuters) - Top Serbian women's tennis player Ana Ivanovic has set the record straight about her Fed Cup plans in 2007.

The world number 14, who played in Fed Cup ties for Serbia in April this year, said on Saturday some quotes in a newspaper about her 2007 plans had been invented.

She told her website: (www.anaivanovic.com): "All I can say is that the current plan is not to play Fed Cup next year. My priority is to stay healthy and not put too much stress on my shoulder. I don't want to play too much tennis - that is the same reason why I won't play so much doubles.

"My main goal at the moment is to reach the top 10 so I would prefer to play in tournaments rather than this Fed Cup zonal tie (in Bulgaria) in April.

"But if everything goes well and I am healthy I will consider playing in future Fed Cup matches."

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=tennisNews&storyid=2006-12-23T172232Z_01_L22921342_RTRIDST_0_TENNIS-SERBIA-IVANOVIC-CORRECTION.XML

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Awww, I think that's great that they put up a correction like that :yeah:

So who thinks it was here that Ana read that article? :hehehe:

Tenis Srbija
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:44 AM
yeah, but yesterday in main news was headline : Ana to play fed cup with Jelena :confused:
We know that B92 is one of the best TV stations in Serbia :shrug:

Yes it is, but it vas obvious that they have just took the news from Press, like Reuters and Eurosport... Think two steps ahead ;)

As you could see I didn't post that news. So at the end just Tenis Srbija and MTS Mondo didn't embarass themselves :D