PDA

View Full Version : which top 100 players do u think you could beat

urock34
Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:21 AM
personally i think i could beat a lot of the top 100 woman but i dont know how it would really be out there
i am a 18 year old male college player i hit the ball with a little of spin and hit it very hard. I have a very good serve nice hard first serves and nice deep second balls
i think i would stand a chance against everyone below top 60 with the exception of serena of course but i might be able 2 give her a run for her money

Hachiko
Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:23 AM
No idea, I've aced (and hit winners against) WTA player (Jenny Swift) but that's the only experience I've had, so I couldn't say for sure.

vogus
Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:28 AM
personally i think i could beat a lot of the top 100 woman but i dont know how it would really be out there
i am a 18 year old male college player i hit the ball with a little of spin and hit it very hard. I have a very good serve nice hard first serves and nice deep second balls
i think i would stand a chance against everyone below top 60 with the exception of serena of course but i might be able 2 give her a run for her money

Division I male college players would beat most of the women on tour except maybe the Top 10.

I don't believe that you are a D-I college player though, so i think your chances to beat any Top 100 women are slim to none.

urock34
Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:31 AM
lol try d-3 but my college program at my school was postponed cuz they cant find a coach

LudwigDvorak
Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:42 AM
Seeing as I have a hard enough time keeping a rally for more than two shots, I would believe I'd be the underdog to anyone in the top 100.

(I don't play much.)

rockstar
Dec 23rd, 2006, 06:00 AM

i'm no fan of serena, but you wont.

SzavayFi
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:33 AM
I beat this girl ranked 432 6-2 6-2 but IDK about top 100.

brayster87
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:03 AM

Mate lets be honest, you have no chance against anyone in the top 100. In fact i don't think you'll win a single point. If you do, it would be a double fault by the pro. Realistically if you can beat these type of pro's, then you will nearly be a pro yourself. Tennis pro's a far better than someone who is in the 1st team at their school or college.
And Serena Williams would absolutely kill you on court, the match would be all over within 15 minutes making it the fastest win in tennis history!

Dementinator
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:50 AM
absolute bollocks ,no non pro male player will beat a pro female player ,no way, its a totally different ball game ,the difference between pro tennis and college tennis has to be seen to be believed ,most women in the top 100 would wipe the floor with an 18yr old college player ,male or otherwise. Lets face it ,a lot of the girls in the top 100 are proffessional athletes for a start and a lot of them will be far physically superior to a 18 yr old boy who is not.

Guys need to stop thinking with their dicks ,this is 2006 ,there are a lot of girls out there who can wipe the floor with them ,just cos they have a cock and a pair of balls does not mean they are automatically superior.

faboozadoo15
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:07 AM
lol try d-3 but my college program at my school was postponed cuz they cant find a coach

so basically you aren't even competitive in college tennis at the moment and you think because you can hit hard and with spin that you could beat almost half the women in the top 100 of most competitive sport for women on the planet?

deslons
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:09 AM
i could probably beat one, if she broke both her legs. im not that good :lol:

Shonami Slam
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
the only running that might be done against serena, is you launching yourself from side to side to her amusement of sheer patheticism of a chest-puffed clown.

Princeza
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:56 AM

yes and i can beat both federer and nadal...:help:

Erika_Angel
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Personally I wouldn't beat any of them, although I'm relatively good, so I think I'd win a few points. Maybe even a game if they hit enough UEs ;) :lol:

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Pratt :shrug:

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:05 AM
I could beat Serena...without breaking a SWEAT!

...via walkover ;):lol:

klok
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:12 AM
I would be very very surprised I wasn't beaten 6-0 6-0 against anyone in the top 100 that I played. Or anyone in the top 200 for that matter.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:54 PM
I'm almoust sure that I could "take out" almoust anyone...
Maybe I would have troubles against JuJu, Kim and Sharapova and Janković...
Everything else, I could defeat :)

Craigy
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
I'm not consistent enough to get anywhere near beating them.

Mauresmo Fan
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:25 PM
mybe pratt :) just kidin

-GenEz.Williams
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:33 PM
actually i can beat zanetti..

James
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:38 PM
actually i can beat zanetti..

Both Antonella and Adriana are not in the Top 100 anymore though.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
I honestly think that I can beat them all...

if we played chess ;)

SAEKeithSerena
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
I could beat Serena...without breaking a SWEAT!

...via walkover ;):lol:

lol:lol:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:11 PM
I dont think its unrealistic at all that he thinks he can beat the players, women play much differently then men... And if a good player doesnt think they can beat at least players like Dominguez-Lino, or Smashnova, or Pratt and alot of other players... then they must not be that good

Europe rocks
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:18 PM
Mary Pierce, but only because she is injured :lol: It would be near impossible for your average guy or girl to beat any players in the top 100, so I don't know why some people think they can :o

Mina Vagante
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:19 PM
im relitivly good. i think i could win some points, but ill get pounded into the ground by serena

416_Man
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Muller on grass. My grandma could beat her in those conditions too.

hingisGOAT
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:17 PM
the only running that might be done against serena, is you launching yourself from side to side to her amusement of sheer patheticism of a chest-puffed clown.

nice try shakespeare :tape:

New_balls_please
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Lourdes Dominguez on grass :)

.Andrew.
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Sometimes I watch some WTA players in the Top 100 and watch their kind of play.. And I say, I think I can beat them.. But TRULY, I don't know if I can win 10 points against them :lol:

crazillo
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:48 AM
I don't know about Camille Pin, I mean she actually has been ranked in the top-100. :lol: She is so weak.^^

gocanadago
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:51 AM
For sure they would all kill me!

urklerlay
Dec 24th, 2006, 01:04 AM
Borrinnnggg!! this type of subject matter is posted over and over again over at the Tennisw*rehouse message forum.

¤CharlDa¤
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:33 AM
I don't know about Camille Pin, I mean she actually has been ranked in the top-100. :lol: She is so weak.^^

I don't know if we could beat top 100 player, I personnally don't think I could. I know I could rally with them, maybe win a few serve games, but their consistency is just too good. I rallied beside some of them and saw that I could play a similar level, but I just can't hold it for an entire match. And I think that's what if often understated. Many young male college players can hit harder than those girls, but most likely, after a few games, they would realise that it takes a lot more than that.

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:35 AM
Sometimes I watch some WTA players in the Top 100 and watch their kind of play.. And I say, I think I can beat them.. But TRULY, I don't know if I can win 10 points against them :lol:

How many games do you think you could take ?? I think with my serve that i could take a couple games on a very, very VERY good day :lol: :p

kittyking
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:48 AM
I could put up a fight against top 500 players, maybe some of the weaker top 300 players but probably not against the top 100 players

Well unless im versing Elena D, if she double faults enough in a row I could win a point or two :lol:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:53 AM
i would LOVE to say camille pin-but i think her bloody annoying slow balling tactics would piss me off so much i would be forced to hit her leading to a disqualification and ultimately me losing :sad:

Ben.
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Realistically I don't think I could beat a lot of top 100 players since I'm at a level way below them. But i reckon i probably have a chance against players like dominguez lino & smashnova since they only get the ball back in play & i could easier take advantage of that. But then again i wouldn't really know :lol: nice to dream though ;)

Slumpsova
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Nicole Pratt :D
and i can beat Lindsay too since she is pregnant :lol:

Asif_Nawaz
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Camille Pin :tape:

CooCooCachoo
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:37 AM
None.

drake3781
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:46 AM
nice try shakespeare :tape:

:lol: :hatoff:

drake3781
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:48 AM

When I saw the question, Camille Pin immediately came to mind for me, too. :D :p

drake3781
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Realistically I don't think I could beat a lot of top 100 players since I'm at a level way below them. But i reckon i probably have a chance against players like dominguez lino & smashnova since they only get the ball back in play & i could easier take advantage of that. But then again i wouldn't really know :lol: nice to dream though ;)

OMG Domingues Lino is a badass. I would love to see her kick some amateur ass who thinks he can beat her. :p :lol:

Nicole Pratt :D
and i can beat Lindsay too since she is pregnant :lol:

Lindsay would kick butt until her 8th month; you'll have to wait. ;) :tape: :D :kiss:

Ben.
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:57 AM
OMG Domingues Lino is a badass. I would love to see her kick some amateur ass who thinks he can beat her. :p :lol:

:lol:

drake3781
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:54 AM
:lol:

;)

-sugi-
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:59 AM
none for me.

rrfnpump
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:18 AM
I dont know if some of you have actually seen players around #500 play?...
they are really good and solid and probably nobody here could challenge them

and nobody here could beat Smashnova, I dont think one has faced a player that plays with so much topspin and brings everything back, you would go crazy :p

oh, and Kanepi is the best choice to play on grass, she is even more crap than Müller or Dominguez there :o

GoClijsters
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I guess I could beat Maria and Venus. Not so sure about Henin though :p

I mean: NOONE :angel: :tape:

Davenselesport
Dec 24th, 2006, 05:26 PM
It sounds like the thread starter thinks if someone is ranked outside the top 50 they arent very good... any WTA player with any ranking points is pretty amazing... and if you aren't even playing tennis on scholarship I don't think thats realistic. But if you ever get around to playing one I'd like to hear the result

Drake1980
Dec 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM
:lol: not sure but I would love to play against a Top 100 for sure and see

Wiggly
Dec 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM
You can hit harder or have better "weapons" but the consistency is just too good.

I think I could rally, maybes wins pts with Pin but she hits everything back so I would loose:lol:

égalité
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Unless you play Division I, you won't win a game against anyone in the Top 100.

Viktymise
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I think the question for me should be who couldnt i beat :lol: :p, but seriously the level in the top 100 even 200 of the wta these days is very high and nearly everyone hits the ball a ton, even those who seem to hit the ball pretty slow compared to other, still hit the ball pretty damn hard, and professionals are very focused and know how to play the big points well and are very hungry, there arent many people who arent professional could beat them :)

Highlandman
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I dont think so against a fit top-100-player. I dont think that the power should be a problem, rather the tactics and the footwork...

I'm sure that I beat a Dillingham,Loeffler-Caro,Spacek,Freeman-Young or so very,very clear:p

St.Sebastian
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:36 AM
I dont think I could win a game against a decent top-300 player. I've seen some 25K tournaments and I was like OMG, they play so well :lol:

Ben.
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:46 AM
i think the only thing that would stop me from winning against smashnova or dominguez lino would be their consistency. i probably would be so frustrated every single time they got the ball back like a thousand times!!! :lol:

plus i'm not professional so that pretty much answers the question :P

ioni
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:54 AM
yes and i can beat both federer and nadal...:help:

i allready beat those two ..now Justine , Maria you better watch out ..can i sugest a walk over before i double baggel you ?

SonyaCengiz
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I have no chance against a top 100 player but maybe against a number 1000

~Eclipsed~
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:26 PM
none;)

urock34
Dec 25th, 2006, 05:54 PM
ok well maybe i underestimated a lot of the players but sometimes i watch players like camile pan who is ranked 76 play with absolutly no power that i think i could beat with sheer force. if she can get 2 76 then i i thought i could maybe go farther than her. however i guess i was wrong and maybe could take on 200 maybe 300 please dont think i am a ass whole who is full of himself

guyinsf
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:35 PM
If you are as good as say Michael Chang who won the French open at 17, you could beat the number 1 ranked female but that would be a super rare case.

leviathane
Dec 25th, 2006, 11:12 PM
i don't play tennis but i think i could beat Camille Pin :o

maximus82
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I used to hit regularly with the guys at my university (division I, team usually ranked 40-50) and they were all really good, so I can only imagine how bad it would be to play with actual professional guys.

BUT, as far as girls go, a couple of times I asked the top singles players what they thought...and a few said that they would beat all but a handful of the girls pretty easily. Apparently they had been hitting partners for women pros at times.

What surprised me was that they said the biggest difference wasn't the ability to hit groundies hard...but they said it was three main things (1) serve (which is kinda obvious I guess), (2) spin (girls hit flat and can't cope well with the heavy topspin most men play with), and (3) footspeed...with footspeed being the most important.

Me personally? Hehehe, if I was back in playing shape and on a really good day I would feel really good about taking Pin on...too bad I'm slow and horrible these days.

-Sonic-
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Considering that PEOPLE ACTUALLY RANKED on the system have major troubles beating them, I doubt that people on here would do damage.

Top 100 players are professionals, its how they make their living, its their livelihood. Joe Schmo who spends half his life on the net and maybe plays a few hours a week will not beat any of them. Don't reply telling me how much u practice either, I won't give a damn and it won't change my mind. If you were good enough then you'd be on the challenger circuit now.

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:06 AM
There are plenty of guys who can beat them. Not many girls, if any.

tennisjunky
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:07 AM
maybe not beat them, but take some games off them. being a man does give some advantages. the thread starter might not win, but he could win games on his serve and maybe a break, its possible. cant see him coming close to winning though.

goldenlox
Dec 26th, 2006, 02:12 AM
There are thousands who can beat the top women.
Bobby Riggs was 55. A good college player would have buried him.