PDA

View Full Version : was v vs hingis rome any good?

urock34
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM
or was it just a lot of errors from venus. If it is i will record it tonight but if it isnt i wont waste another tape. thanks

LudwigDvorak
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
The first set was mostly errors by Venus. I stopped watching the match after that.

Filippo-Nastya
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:09 PM
The first set was mostly errors by Venus. I stopped watching the match after that.

:confused:
Venus won the first set 6-0! :lol:

volta
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
not really. they both looked like they didnt want to be there

alwayshingis
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
I've only ever seen the third set, but most of that set is very entertaining.

There are a fair few errors from Venus, but they tend to be forced from long rallies. It's not to the level of te Pironkova match or anything.

LudwigDvorak
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:11 PM
Erm. I'm thinking of Warsaw instead, not Rome. Excuse me.

spencercarlos
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
In Warsaw Venus made 80+ errors and Hingis 40+ :tape:
This match was at least better quality wise.

urock34
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:25 PM
woah that warsaw match must have sucked ass

The Dawntreader
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:27 PM
First set was great by Venus:D

Got really impatient in the next two sets though, backhand went off. A breakpoint in the third, venus just shot a backhand out:rolleyes:

Hingis was consistent enough, but it was Venus's match to win IMO:sad:

urock34
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
it was venus's tourny to win imo

PLP
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:30 PM
YES! I loved this match. The 1st set was ALL Venus, great play, w/Martina making some bizarre errors :help: The rest of the match Martina was steady as a rock, playing smart clay-court tennis and Venus looked a little lost. It seemed to me that she wasn't feeling well? But overall, a lot of good stuff. The Warsaw match was a litttle scary but I love it as well! :kiss:

PLP
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:33 PM
woah that warsaw match must have sucked ass

:lol: only if you're a Martina fan...

No the Warsaw match was DRAMATIC as HELL...some of the shots in the 3rd set were just absurdly good by Venus, even though she could barely serve. I don't know if I have ever seen Hingis like that, just all over the place, she REALLY shouldhave won that match...in fact both matches looked like they were going the other way, maybe that is part of the reason I truly did LOVE them!

The Dawntreader
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:35 PM
:lol: only if you're a Martina fan...

No the Warsaw match was DRAMATIC as HELL...some of the shots in the 3rd set were just absurdly good by Venus, even though she could barely serve. I don't know if I have ever seen Hingis like that, just all over the place, she REALLY shouldhave won that match...in fact both matches looked like they were going the other way, maybe that is part of the reason I truly did LOVE them!

Hingis's bizarely slowed her serve down, Venus just stood there hitting winners off the first ball :haha:

Match of the year for me.................for comic value:lol:

hingisGOAT
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:00 AM
the rome match was very good in the second and third sets, a lot of long rallies and athletic shots :) one of my favorite matches of the year

Marcus Jordan
Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:47 AM
Venus played a lot better in this match than she played when Hingis beat her 6-1 6-1 at the Australian Open(and the previous round Martina beat Serena).

pooh14
Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:51 AM
rome was fine. not a great match but not a bad match either.

but warsaw was horrible. both players were playing badly.

hingis having a mental breakdown, venus clearly suffering from cramps and running out of energy.

at the end, the person who won the mental battle won the match