PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do the tour players train daily?

Rafe306
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:13 AM
Does anyone know? Just curious in knowing what kind of work it takes to get to these high levels thanks

Brooklyn90
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:15 AM
depends on the person, no one person is the same. Some people need more practice than others.

Sharapova's_Boy
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:26 AM
Nicole Vaidisova recently stated she trains for around 4-5 hours per day.

rocksania
Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:40 AM
i knw abt sania mirza

she wakes up at 5:30 then goes to ground by 6 trains hard till 8
has her breakfast and leave by 10 then comes back and takes rest and go back to the field after 2 pm and trains for few hours..

she does gym 4 times a week and now a days she has been training under a south african trainer named heath mathwews for 6 weeks and looking more fitter day by day..

thats all i knw abt $ania mirza i read it sumwhere...so shared ,,,now it may have been modified after heath took ober her trainer...

Andy.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:43 AM
Depending on the player I would say between 4 to 6 hours a day

Dementieva Serve
Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:44 AM
I remember reading an article saying that most players train about 2 hours a day, 7 days a week. It said that juniors tire themselves out by training for 4 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Ben.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:54 AM
I'd say around 2 hours a day, 5-6 days a week (they might have a day of rest) but it depends on the player though really. some really need to train a bit more harder than others (u can easily tell by the weight & height of player).

Fantastic
Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:47 PM
During the off-season, a workhorse like Jim Courier used to get out of bed and then just hit balls for an hour before breakfast with his hitting partner. After breakfast he would work on his fitness for a couple of hours and include a weights session after a cardio workout. After lunch, Jim would head to the court again and do drills with his coach and hitting partner. After a mid-afternoon snack, Jim would then play practice sets, either with his hitting partner or against a fellow pro player. After that, it was dinner and then early to bed to do it all again the next day for six days a week.

Jim was a crazy guy but that regime sounds stupid. Not only does he risk injury doing so much work every day but he leaves himself susceptible to weakening his immune system. But that was his routine for years, so what do I know.

Martina Hingis, on the other hand, trains for two hours with her coach and hitting partner in the morning after breakfast. After a mid-morning snack, she then spends a couple of hours working on her fitness. After lunch, she would alternately play a few practice sets against whoever is available at Saddlebrook or participate in some other activity to take her mind and body off tennis for awhile, to keep herself fresh for the next day of training. Martina also trains six days a week during the off-season. Most of the women stick to this kind of schedule. Some women choose to work out in the afternoon rather than the morning but the amount of work they put in is still the same.

tenn_ace
Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:50 PM
Sveta definitely trains more than 2-4 hours a day. I'm hoping that she cuts back a little this year not to overdo it.

Martie
Dec 26th, 2006, 03:33 AM
I know Laura Granville said she trains for an average of 2.5 hours per day, 7 days a week.

antonella
Dec 26th, 2006, 03:49 AM
Brad Gilbert said Jimmy Connors never practiced for more than one hour per day.

drake3781
Dec 26th, 2006, 04:11 AM
I'll see if I can find the time, but I know the players in the CTA (Chinese national) program are working something like 6 hours a day.