PDA

View Full Version : Will Hantuchova Return to the Top 10?

Dementieva Serve
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:40 AM
Discuss ...

rockstar
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:14 AM
yes :angel:
she's making her way there :yeah:

selyoink
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:23 AM
Nope, I'd like to see it happen but I think there are too many players better than her.

I just hope she wins another title so that her devoted fans can be rewarded. Plus it would be nice for Daniela as well.

Derek.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:25 AM
Depends.

If she finds consistency and remains calm in the big situations, yes.

If not, then no.

jamatthews
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:26 AM
Depends on whether she tries to hit drop shots when serving out sets/matches.

Cat's Pajamas
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:33 AM
Dementieva Serve = Certified Thread Whore

:aparty: :help:

Josh.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:37 AM
^^ :lol:

but seriously.. agree with what derek said, completly

Rafe306
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:38 AM
Needs to be more consistent..and she has to not be anorexic anymore(I know that was mean) if she is to make it there again.

ceiling_fan
Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:00 AM
there's one of these threads every year

selyoink
Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:07 AM
there's one of these threads every year

More like every couple of months.

LudwigDvorak
Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:11 AM
But in previous years did she have any signs of showing she was capable of returning to the top 10? Zurich was not a fluke by any means. Had she been able to play Mauresmo in the semifinal, she more than likely would have won that match instead of just gotten a walkover. She beat three top 10 players in her last two events; that has to count for something. (I'm not counting Linz; she had to retire.)

She's improved since 2005, in which she improved from 2004. I enjoy her presence on the tour--she isn't a very dangerous player, but she plays well, even if she has many mental issues. The top 10 is so crowded that I can't see her getting back soon, only her first few tournaments will tell. But if she continues playing well, then of course she can come back to the top 10. I'd like to see her make another Slam quarterfinal next season.

vutt
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:50 AM
No, if she she will keep playing like she's played so far.

Orion
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:03 AM
No. The top ten is already crowded. Of the current 11-20 ranked players, Hantuchova isn't even among the best five. Too many players are coming up the ranks to the top 10/15, I doubt she'll remain in the top 20 for much of next season. She just doesn't have the weaponry needed.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
Dementieva Serve = Certified Thread Whore

:aparty: :help:

WILL THE REAL SELES_DAVENPORT PLEASE STAND UP?

Pasta-Na
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:23 AM
no

jazar
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:36 AM
if she gets more consistency and more mental toughness and a little bit more weight to her shots, then she has a chance, but there are other very talented players vying for a spot in the top 10 so she will have to be in her best form ever

Golovin&Jankovic
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:15 AM
I don't think she will, there's just to many excellent players on the rise; alt ought she is talented ,she lacks mental toughness and raw power, maybe not power but it wouldn't hurt to gain at least 3-7 pounds of muscle.

Ben.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:26 AM
It will basically depend on her mental approach to matches against the top players & how much she is able to handle the pressure of being down in precious situations for her to get back into Top 10. Plus it couldn't hurt if she gained a few more pounds which might assist her in adding extra power to her shots & to get those feet moving consistently. I watched her match against Justine in the 2002 US Open 4th Round & she was definitely hitting the ball much heavier & cleaner back then than she is now.

there's been many threads & posts done on this question before but it's still the off-season so we basically got nothin really to talk bout so there.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
No. The top ten is already crowded. Of the current 11-20 ranked players, Hantuchova isn't even among the best five. Too many players are coming up the ranks to the top 10/15, I doubt she'll remain in the top 20 for much of next season. She just doesn't have the weaponry needed.

Daniela Has plenty of weapons, She can hit winners from anywhere... and... ALOT of them... She can hit them off the forehand, backhand, serve, and volley. And she does hit the ball very hard, she pretty much keeps up with the big girls. Just watch her matches against Serena, or Sharapova. In the first set of the US Open this year, Serena was having alot of trouble returning Daniela's shots.

Do u think that players like: Hingis, Schnyder, Schiavone, Jankovic, Chakvetadze, Safina, or Myskina have more weapons? I dont

-Makiri-
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:58 AM
i hope that.....but i don't believe :sad:

Mina Vagante
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:23 AM
nope, itll be good though if she did

Tenis Srbija
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:25 AM
Nope...there are much better players than Dani that are on the verge of gettin in top ten! :)

Uranus
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:44 AM
I hope she will! We never know what will happen with Daniela :angel: we'll see at the beginning of the season if it's going to be a good or a bad one. At least I know she can, there's no doubt about that ;)

jas_aussie
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:51 AM
sammy will make it in the top10 before she gets back in there

Kim's_fan_4ever
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
Daniela Has plenty of weapons, She can hit winners from anywhere... and... ALOT of them... She can hit them off the forehand, backhand, serve, and volley. And she does hit the ball very hard, she pretty much keeps up with the big girls. Just watch her matches against Serena, or Sharapova. In the first set of the US Open this year, Serena was having alot of trouble returning Daniela's shots.

Amen to that :worship:

HenryMag.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:04 PM
I think it's very difficult to Daniela

deslons
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:58 PM
no chance, shes too overweight.

Dutglish
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:00 PM
She's got the game for it, but she lacks any kind of consistency and the self-belief is equal to said consisteny. I'm not saying she won't, but I'm not overly optimistic.

LeRoy.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:02 PM
the rate at which you start threads sorta reminds of pierce0415 :p :sad:

Nicolás89
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:03 PM

sarcastic:p

:lol: at this thread, its always a chance for everything, she can hit the ball hard has a good serve so why not;)

deslons
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:05 PM
sarcastic:p

:lol: at this thread, its always a chance for everything, she can hit the ball hard has a good serve so why not;)

she's a bit fat around the stomach really, i can only see 7 of her ribs poking through her top!! and shes calls herself an anorexic:rolleyes:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:16 PM
Of course she will !

The Dawntreader
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
I agree with the geberal sentiment here, she needs to become a better big match-play. Some of her losses against top players this year has been so painfully routine, ie at all the Slams, particulary her losses against clijsterrs and Justine. Just lost the match mentally before she came on court. Still it is something she is working, there was evidence in Zurich that she can close out matches, but she still seems intimidated by stronger personalities on the court ie Sharapova, Serena etc.

It would be a shame if she didnt at least make the top 13 or so. She's a wonderful ballstriker when she's all guns a blazin, but too often poor footwork lets her down, particulary on that forehand, doesnt make enough room for the shot, therefore hindering the contact point. she has an excellent, accurate serve and a wonderful backhand, and a very accomplished net-game due to her doubles prowess of late. Also i feel although her movement is generally quite average, she is starting to anticipate the ball better, thus giving her more options in defence rather than just the plaintitive ball back in court.

Daniela has much to work on to become top 10 material again. be nice to see her do just that, and fulfil her vast potential:)

Josh.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:57 PM
I agree with the geberal sentiment here, she needs to become a better big match-play. Some of her losses against top players this year has been so painfully routine, ie at all the Slams, particulary her losses against clijsterrs and Justine. Just lost the match mentally before she came on court. Still it is something she is working, there was evidence in Zurich that she can close out matches, but she still seems intimidated by stronger personalities on the court ie Sharapova, Serena etc.

It would be a shame if she didnt at least make the top 13 or so. She's a wonderful ballstriker when she's all guns a blazin, but too often poor footwork lets her down, particulary on that forehand, doesnt make enough room for the shot, therefore hindering the contact point. she has an excellent, accurate serve and a wonderful backhand, and a very accomplished net-game due to her doubles prowess of late. Also i feel although her movement is generally quite average, she is starting to anticipate the ball better, thus giving her more options in defence rather than just the plaintitive ball back in court.

Daniela has much to work on to become top 10 material again. be nice to see her do just that, and fulfil her vast potential:)

:hug: very well said, and all ture i must say :)

SAEKeithSerena
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
no way.

Europe rocks
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:14 PM
As much as I love her, I don't see Dani getting back into the top 10. She is too inconsistent and struggles against the top players too much to back to the top 10, but she should remain a constant figure in the top 20 and hoepfully she can go a bit higher. If Dani suddenly finds a way to keep strong in the most important moments and if she finds a good vein of form, who knows? :shrug:

Orion
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:07 PM

Do u think that players like: Hingis, Schnyder, Schiavone, Jankovic, Chakvetadze, Safina, or Myskina have more weapons? I dont

Here's the problem: a weapon is only useful if you can count on it. Hantuchova hits more unforced errors per match than 99% of the tour. It doesn't matter that she hits a bunch of winners too if she can't keep the ball in play more than two or three points in a row.

She's also not young anymore. The rate of success for 20-something year old players to gain control over their game is extremely low. Players like Vaidisova, and even Sharapova, can learn things to an extent because of their youth, but it's very, very hard for mid-twenties players to clean up their games.

And I'm going to throw this question back at you: if players like Hingis, Schnyder, Schiavone, Jankovic, Chakvetadze, Safina, and Myskina have fewer weapons than Hantuchova, how come they've spent the past year (or two, or three) ranked higher than her? If you don't count mental prowess as a weapon, you don't understand why Hantuchova is old news.

Wiggly
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:12 PM
It's all about her mental. She can beats top 10 girls.

LUXXXAS
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:18 PM
no! she's a terrible choker :(

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:58 AM
Here's the problem: a weapon is only useful if you can count on it. Hantuchova hits more unforced errors per match than 99% of the tour. It doesn't matter that she hits a bunch of winners too if she can't keep the ball in play more than two or three points in a row.

She's also not young anymore. The rate of success for 20-something year old players to gain control over their game is extremely low. Players like Vaidisova, and even Sharapova, can learn things to an extent because of their youth, but it's very, very hard for mid-twenties players to clean up their games.

And I'm going to throw this question back at you: if players like Hingis, Schnyder, Schiavone, Jankovic, Chakvetadze, Safina, and Myskina have fewer weapons than Hantuchova, how come they've spent the past year (or two, or three) ranked higher than her? If you don't count mental prowess as a weapon, you don't understand why Hantuchova is old news.

Daniela just needs to put it all together and she will be good. When she does put it together in her matches, she does have more weapons than those players

Derek.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:09 AM

Exactly.

Daniela has plenty of weapons.

Her first serve has become very good in the past year or so.

She gets a lot of aces in her matches.

And maybe some people have not seen the Zurich final, but Daniela was keeping up just fine with Sharapova.

She got Sharapova a lot with a serve out wide on the ad-side and then a backhand down the line drive. :drool:

Derek.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:14 AM

Daniela can improve her game.

A lot of people thought after 2003-2004 that she would never get back into the top 15, and she did earlier this year.

The girls who are ahead of her now are ahead of her because they were more consistent. But Daniela still beat Kuznetsova 6-4 6-2, Safina 6-2 6-2, and also beat Schnyder 3-6 6-3 6-4 and 6-2 7-5, all this year. She gave Sharapova some problems when they played this year. If she can find consistency, there is no reason why she can't be in the 8-13 area.

.Andrew.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:15 AM
Exactly.

Daniela has plenty of weapons.

Her first serve has become very good in the past year or so.

She gets a lot of aces in her matches.

And maybe some people have not seen the Zurich final, but Daniela was keeping up just fine with Sharapova.

She got Sharapova a lot with a serve out wide on the ad-side and then a backhand down the line drive. :drool:
I watched the match and Daniela played GREAT... She has ALOT of weapons people... Maybe you haven't watched her close enough :o Huge serves from Daniela in the final and the BTL was just :drool: She hit so many winners with that shot... :drool: :lick:

.Andrew.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:16 AM
Daniela can improve her game.

A lot of people thought after 2003-2004 that she would never get back into the top 15, and she did earlier this year.

The girls who are ahead of her now are ahead of her because they were more consistent. But Daniela still beat Kuznetsova 6-4 6-2, Safina 6-2 6-2, and also beat Schnyder 3-6 6-3 6-4 and 6-2 7-5, all this year. She gave Sharapova some problems when they played this year. If she can find consistency, there is no reason why she can't be in the 8-13 area.

Agreed. :worship: Just needs the consistency at this point. And also needs to stop playing bad at the big moments of matches!!! If not, she can easily be Top 10

LudwigDvorak
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:19 AM
I dunno. It's obvious she CAN be top 10 again. But can't you say the same about anyone else? She "just" needs to put it all together? Easier said than done.

But as I said previously, she has an enjoyable game to watch. I wouldn't be devastated if she didn't return to the top 10, but I'd like a couple more titles for her to have. At least she has one when Schiavone has yet to, on a positive note.

TheAllan
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
Will Michael Richards be elected president of NAACP?

.Andrew.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:20 AM
I dunno. It's obvious she CAN be top 10 again. But can't you say the same about anyone else? She "just" needs to put it all together? Easier said than done.

But as I said previously, she has an enjoyable game to watch. I wouldn't be devastated if she didn't return to the top 10, but I'd like a couple more titles for her to have. At least she has one when Schiavone has yet to, on a positive note.

Well, you are right. Easier SAID than done... :p :( Let's put it together next year Dani :rocker2:

Derek.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:24 AM
And Daniela's mental stregnth is not THAT bad.

She's blown a few matches that she's should have won sure, but look how many close matches she's won.

I don't care who the opponent was, there was still nerves, and she still overcame them.

Hantuchova d. Beygelzimer 2-6 6-3 6-2
Hantuchova d. Obziler 7-5 3-6 7-5
Hantuchova d. Mirza 6-4 2-6 6-2
Hantuchova d. Schnyder 3-6 6-3 6-4
Hantuchova d. Obata 3-6 6-3 6-0
Hantuchova d. Jankovic 2-6 6-4 6-4
Hantuchova d. N. Li 3-6 6-4 7-6(4)
Hantuchova d. Peschke 7-6(4) 5-7 6-1
Hantuchova d. Ondraskova 6-3 5-7 6-3
Hantuchova d. Smashnova 4-6 7-5 6-3
Hantuchova d. Srebotnik 6-4 0-6 6-1
Hantuchova d. Gagliardi 3-6 6-2 6-3
Hantuchova d. Dechy 6-3 3-6 10-8
Hantuchova d. Camerin 6-4 4-6 6-1
Hantuchova d. Jackson 6-3 4-6 7-5
Hantuchova d. Groenefeld 6-3 6-7(3) 6-4
Hantuchova d. Bammer 6-3 5-7 6-3

Sure, most of these people she shouldn't be needing three sets with, but she still remained calm and won. In some of those she came back from a set down, or a break down in the third, or even a set and a break down.

.Andrew.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:29 AM
And Daniela's mental stregnth is not THAT bad.

She's blown a few matches that she's should have won sure, but look how many close matches she's won.

I don't care who the opponent was, there was still nerves, and she still overcame them.

Hantuchova d. Beygelzimer 2-6 6-3 6-2
Hantuchova d. Obziler 7-5 3-6 7-5
Hantuchova d. Mirza 6-4 2-6 6-2
Hantuchova d. Schnyder 3-6 6-3 6-4
Hantuchova d. Obata 3-6 6-3 6-0
Hantuchova d. Jankovic 2-6 6-4 6-4
Hantuchova d. N. Li 3-6 6-4 7-6(4)
Hantuchova d. Peschke 7-6(4) 5-7 6-1
Hantuchova d. Ondraskova 6-3 5-7 6-3
Hantuchova d. Smashnova 4-6 7-5 6-3
Hantuchova d. Srebotnik 6-4 0-6 6-1
Hantuchova d. Gagliardi 3-6 6-2 6-3
Hantuchova d. Dechy 6-3 3-6 10-8
Hantuchova d. Camerin 6-4 4-6 6-1
Hantuchova d. Jackson 6-3 4-6 7-5
Hantuchova d. Groenefeld 6-3 6-7(3) 6-4
Hantuchova d. Bammer 6-3 5-7 6-3

Sure, most of these people she shouldn't be needing three sets with, but she still remained calm and won. In some of those she came back from a set down, or a break down in the third, or even a set and a break down.
Ok, I understand your point... But to me, the opponent does kinda matter, because some players are better than others... Say, if she was JHH for example... I think she would be more likely to break down against her than Sybille Bammer...

But I do understand you.. Had some good 3 set wins over Dechy :eek: Roland Garros remember that match ;) Schnyder, Jankovic and a few more great players on the list.

Derek.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:36 AM
Ok, I understand your point... But to me, the opponent does kinda matter, because some players are better than others... Say, if she was JHH for example... I think she would be more likely to break down against her than Sybille Bammer...

But I do understand you.. Had some good 3 set wins over Dechy :eek: Roland Garros remember that match ;) Schnyder, Jankovic and a few more great players on the list.

Well, Daniela does make things worse than they have to be. :o

Like vs. Groenefeld she had like 6 MP's in the second set. :tape:

I'm not saying beating Bammer in 3 sets is a good win, but she still won.

.Andrew.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 01:43 AM
Well, Daniela does make things worse than they have to be. :o

Like vs. Groenefeld she had like 6 MP's in the second set. :tape:

I'm not saying beating Bammer in 3 sets is a good win, but she still won.

:lol: Oh, well still rooting for a GREAT 2oo7!!! Let's go Dani!!! :rocker2:

So Disrespectful
Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:09 AM
I've always said that Daniela is really top 10 material. She's consistently hitting 7+ aces per match, or using her serve effectively to take her opponent out of the court. She has a better net game than half of the top 10. That backhand down the line is as good as anyone else's and her forehand is a huge weapon when it is on. Daniela's footwork has improved in the past year, anticipation is better and she seems to have added defence to her game where it once was missing.

She is very capable of cracking the top 10 again. But, a few things need to go right for this to happen though. Last year she came back after the off season and had gained fat, not muscle, but fat. More and more weight came off as the year went on, and that indicates to me that her training wasn't good in December/January, and that she still needs to sort out her nutrition during the season itself. So if she has been training her hardest and working on her fitness, she'll give herself a much better chance.

Finally, if she gets some good draws at the start of the season her confidence will be way up. Let's see her prove everyone wrong :D

rockstar
Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:26 AM
daniela for top 10 2007!!! :rocker2:

Steffica Greles
Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:50 AM
I felt she was lucky to finish inside the top 20 this year because she reached the final of Zurich after the retirement of a top player....was it Mauresmo?

I'm not sure. She has a 50% chance, which isn't all that bad. Actually, apart from Vaidisova, Ivanovic and Jankovic, I don't think any of the girls outside of the top ten are necessarily better players than Daniela. Obviously Venus and Serena potentially are.

It's always her movement that hurts her. It's even worse than Lindsay's -- far worse. It's the worst I've seen inside the top 50. So frail and careful. She looks like a player with a permanently strapped leg.

pancake
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:16 AM
Daniela just needs to put it all together and she will be good. When she does put it together in her matches, she does have more weapons than those players

Please, a lot of players could be good too if they 'put it all togeter'.
Maybe she should learn how to use her weapons effectively as well.

XCoco
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:16 AM
No one knows if she will return but she can of course. I think Daniela has the ability to return to the top 10.

DavyJone96431
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:21 AM
Can Daniela's movement be improved or is this as good as it gets? :sad:

Wayn77
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:02 AM
Yes

Josh.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
Can Daniela's movement be improved or is this as good as it gets? :sad:

its getting better. she's anticipating much better nowadays

.Andrew.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:37 AM
daniela for top 10 2007!!! :rocker2:

It's going to take some work but, I think she can do it.. Just leave some space for Venus and Serena ;) :rocker2:

Lulu.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:43 PM
She can do it :)

Hingie
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:45 PM

A lot of your argument is based on the fact that Daniela will all of a sudden be able to do everything to absolute perfection, hitting winners from both sides, aces etc etc. If she hasn't done it in her career yet, do you honestly think she will?

And you think Daniela has more weapons than Hingis - wow that's a bit of a stretch. Weapons are not limited to forehands and backhands you know.

Anticipation - edge Hingis
Movement - edge Hingis
Mental strength - edge Hingis
Drop shot - edge Hingis
Volleys - edge Hingis
Consistency - edge Hingis
Stamina - edge Hingis

Need i go on?

Just because Daniela beat Hingis at Indian Wells one year, does not put her in the same calibre. If she was, she'd have some Slams.

Steffica Greles
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
When Hingis lost to Hantuchova in the IW final of 2002, she was playing on borrowed time. She was worn-out mentally and physically and unsure why she was competing. It took the injuries of that year to make her consider her future. In a sense, she was waiting for an excuse to give up the game.

She lost to Daniela in that match because she played completely into her zone. It was the worst tactical match I have ever seen Hingis play. Having said that, I think by that time Hingis didn't care all that much.

At her best, Hingis would have too much for even a peak Hantuchova. Daniela's talented in patches, but her movement is incredibly poor.

Derek.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
A lot of your argument is based on the fact that Daniela will all of a sudden be able to do everything to absolute perfection, hitting winners from both sides, aces etc etc. If she hasn't done it in her career yet, do you honestly think she will?

And you think Daniela has more weapons than Hingis - wow that's a bit of a stretch. Weapons are not limited to forehands and backhands you know.

Movement - edge Hingis
Drop shot - edge Hingis
Volleys - edge Hingis
Stamina - edge Hingis

Need i go on?

Just because Daniela beat Hingis at Indian Wells one year, does not put her in the same calibre. If she was, she'd have some Slams.

I don't think peak Hingis would beat peak Hantuchova.

I just don't see how Hingis would be able to handle Daniela's serve and groundstrokes.

Hingis may have achieved more, but it was different back then.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:36 PM

Movement - edge Hingis
Drop shot - edge Hingis
Volleys - edge Hingis
Stamina - edge Hingis

Need i go on?

Since when are Dropshots and stamina weapons? Anyway, I think Daniela has more stamina than Hingis.. While watching alot of Hingis' matches this year, she almost always looked tired in all of her matches... I honestly cant think of a match where i thought Daniela looked too tired to play, she always goes until the end. And Martina's volleys arent what they used to be... so i dont know how much better u think they are then Daniela's

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
I don't think peak Hingis would beat peak Hantuchova.

I just don't see how Hingis would be able to handle Daniela's serve and groundstrokes.

Hingis may have achieved more, but it was different back then.

You are being sarcastic, right?
cos mentally stable person couldn't say things like these :tape:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:46 PM
I dont think Martina could either, and there is no need to post it 5 times :p

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:54 PM
I dont think Martina could either, and there is no need to post it 5 times :p

Look who's talking. The one who triple-posted his previous message :p :lol:
My internet connection goes mad.

P.S.
And for sure the winner of 42 tournaments and five-time Slam champion being on the top of her form wouldn't beat the one-Wells wonder who's achieved during her whole career as much as Hingis achieved during a half the season of 2000 :rolleyes:

Nicolás89
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:07 AM
i like the one-wells wonder part:lol:

the only thing that i know

hingis top 7,
hantuchova top 20

:wavey:

Derek.
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:08 AM
You are being sarcastic, right?
cos mentally stable person couldn't say things like these :tape:

No, I'm not.

Usually in peak form, the one who has more power and weapons wins.

Hingis needs errors to win.

Daniela doesn't. She can create more on her own.

Derek.
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:57 AM
More errors?:p

That too. :o

But I think in her best form there would be more winners than errors. :angel:

Hingie
Dec 24th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Since when are Dropshots and stamina weapons? Anyway, I think Daniela has more stamina than Hingis.. While watching alot of Hingis' matches this year, she almost always looked tired in all of her matches... I honestly cant think of a match where i thought Daniela looked too tired to play, she always goes until the end. And Martina's volleys arent what they used to be... so i dont know how much better u think they are then Daniela's

Wow what kind of backwards view on tennis do you have? Dropshots and stamina are most certainly weapons.

I'm not bagging on Daniela, actually i think she's a great player (when she's playing well). Unfortunately for her (and her fans) this is not very often.

But don't even go trying to put her in the same category as Hingis. You have to earn your spot as one of the greats.

hingisGOAT
Dec 24th, 2006, 06:19 AM
is this a joke? except for serving, hingis does everything better than daniela. EVERYTHING.

Alicia Rocks
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Doubt it highly.

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 24th, 2006, 09:42 AM
everyone talks about it like she's so far off :/

if she stops losing to the lower ranked players while everything else stays the same, she'd make it.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Dec 24th, 2006, 03:44 PM
is this a joke? except for serving, hingis does everything better than daniela. EVERYTHING.

So ur saying that Martina has a better: Forehand, Backhand, and Power. Because i dont, and the last time i checked, this is what makes a great tennis player these days, not back in the mid 90's when she was winning all her slams.. Martina has consistency, and when other players that have these things are playing well, she usually loses

Nicolás89
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:13 PM
So ur saying that Martina has a better: Forehand, Backhand, and Power.

her erratic backhand will never be as good as martinas backhand which is not a winner maker ,but martina does what she has to do to win a match, she does winners, few errors, and she makes that the other players do mistakes, forced errorrs or unforced errors , daniela have power but you doesnt win matches hitting the ball out of the court

Forehand, Backhand, and Power and the last time i checked, this is what makes a great tennis player these days, and when other players that have these things are playing well, she usually loses

the same for daniela:wavey:

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 24th, 2006, 05:14 PM
No-one being sober would say Hantuchova is better player than Hingis. Whether you're a fan of Daniela or not. Cos it's impossible to even compare the players who belong two absolutely different leagues.

And, btw Martina leads in H2H and this season after being off the competition for three years she performed as successful (if not better) as Hantuchova at her prime, won more titles and finished in the year-end rankings higher than Hantuchova ever did.

Wiggly
Dec 24th, 2006, 05:29 PM
The thread is about Danka capabilities to come back in top 10 or not.;)

-Sonic-
Dec 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
It sounds harsh, but I hope not the top 10....

Hingie
Dec 24th, 2006, 10:00 PM
So ur saying that Martina has a better: Forehand, Backhand, and Power. Because i dont, and the last time i checked, this is what makes a great tennis player these days, not back in the mid 90's when she was winning all her slams.. Martina has consistency, and when other players that have these things are playing well, she usually loses

Yep that's exactly what i'm saying.

Hate to break it to you but there were power players around back in the late 90's when Hingis won her Slams and she handled them with her skill, not power.

But you go on thinking Daniela is a better player than Martina... i'm sure that will help her capture her first Slam. :)

Derek.
Jun 16th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Nope, I'd like to see it happen but I think there are too many players better than her.

I just hope she wins another title so that her devoted fans can be rewarded. Plus it would be nice for Daniela as well.

No, if she she will keep playing like she's played so far.

no

I don't think she will, there's just to many excellent players on the rise; alt ought she is talented ,she lacks mental toughness and raw power, maybe not power but it wouldn't hurt to gain at least 3-7 pounds of muscle.

nope, itll be good though if she did

Nope...there are much better players than Dani that are on the verge of gettin in top ten! :)

I think it's very difficult to Daniela

no way.

As much as I love her, I don't see Dani getting back into the top 10. She is too inconsistent and struggles against the top players too much to back to the top 10, but she should remain a constant figure in the top 20 and hoepfully she can go a bit higher. If Dani suddenly finds a way to keep strong in the most important moments and if she finds a good vein of form, who knows? :shrug:

no! she's a terrible choker :(

Will Michael Richards be elected president of NAACP?

Doubt it highly.

It sounds harsh, but I hope not the top 10....

:wavey:

NyCPsU
Jun 16th, 2007, 03:58 PM
lmao :haha:

derek :worship:

Dave.
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM
:lol:

Dexter
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Nice bump. :lol:

I've got one nice thread to bump too soon and Derek will have a lot of **** to swallow. :D

NyCPsU
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:02 PM

I've got one nice thread to bump too soon and Derek will have a lot of **** to swallow. :D

:spit: i know what that is :lol:

rockstar
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:03 PM
yes :angel:
she's making her way there :yeah:

:angel:

i love when these type of threads are bumped. :hearts:
last time was the 'will daniela win another (tier 1) title' :p

Derek.
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:04 PM

What thread? :confused:

DimaDinosaur
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
LMAO, gorgeous bump!! :wavey:

Hashim.
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:12 PM
she did it :lol:

Jirku
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:23 PM
in your face haters :p

Uranus
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Daniela :hearts: :woohoo: :yeah:

Reuchlin
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM
best bump of all time!

RatedR Superstar
Jun 17th, 2007, 03:03 AM
...the 11th commandment:

"thou shall not under estimate the ability of daniela hantuchova"

go dani :woohoo:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 17th, 2007, 03:17 AM
lol no dani sux

lol hasbeen :crazy:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 17th, 2007, 03:18 AM
But in previous years did she have any signs of showing she was capable of returning to the top 10? Zurich was not a fluke by any means. Had she been able to play Mauresmo in the semifinal, she more than likely would have won that match instead of just gotten a walkover. She beat three top 10 players in her last two events; that has to count for something. (I'm not counting Linz; she had to retire.)

She's improved since 2005, in which she improved from 2004. I enjoy her presence on the tour--she isn't a very dangerous player, but she plays well, even if she has many mental issues. The top 10 is so crowded that I can't see her getting back soon, only her first few tournaments will tell. But if she continues playing well, then of course she can come back to the top 10. I'd like to see her make another Slam quarterfinal next season.

I'm amazing. :hearts:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 17th, 2007, 06:27 AM

I like it already :devil: :lol: :haha: