PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider 'enough' hours of practice?

arn
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:32 PM
This is the time of the year all players are practicing many hours a week. I know player X does not need as much training as player Y, but how many hours should a professional tennis player practices a DAY during the off-season to be ready for the next season?

To be complete: practice = tennis + all kind of fitness + other sports

Mina Vagante
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:49 PM
i think its a case witht the women they 'over train' they trian for LOTS of hours and end up getting injured, whereas the men train for less hours but at a higher intensity, check the amount if times women called the trainer compared to the men! i thinjk the women need to train less but at a higher intenidty

PatrickRyan
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:52 PM
2 hours a day is good

cr_ar_4ever
Dec 21st, 2006, 04:06 PM
i think its a case witht the women they 'over train' they trian for LOTS of hours and end up getting injured, whereas the men train for less hours but at a higher intensity, check the amount if times women called the trainer compared to the men! i thinjk the women need to train less but at a higher intenidty

That's the same in every sport. Our girls basketball team practices 2.5 hours a day(giving about 70%) and the guys practice 1.5 hours(giving about 100%). None of the guys have been injured but so far 4 girls have had to sit 2games already because of injuries.

The women should practice TENNIS for about 1.5 to 2 hours a day and do other sports and fitness for about another hour.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 21st, 2006, 04:30 PM
There is no "enough" hours of practice every day...
But if I would have to say, it would be no less than three hours.

When preparations profi players train for 4-5 hours max a day!!!

RJWCapriati
Dec 21st, 2006, 04:37 PM

jazar
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:23 PM
in the off season a player should be focusing more on correct nutrition and fitness work rather than playing. i would say that 2-3 hours of fitness work and 2 hours on court would suffice.

arn
Dec 21st, 2006, 06:22 PM
Kim said she's training 1.5 to 2 hours a day. But I think that's just tennis.