PDA

View Full Version : Let's get The Tennis Channel on DIRECTV

eugreene2
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:18 PM
To all of those who have DIRECTV accounts, please call them and have the operator make a case on your account that you want the tennis channel. On mine, I informed them specifically that comcast & the dish has it, why is it not even offered as a package on directv. She drew up a case on my account & said an executive would call me in 3-5 days.

Anybody else tried this? Do they really call? I hope so because this is getting ridiculous. I want an explanation why.

Hugo24
Dec 21st, 2006, 04:14 PM
I agree with you I dont see how they have every other sport package and not the tennis channel thanks for the advise I will call today.

Helen Lawson
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:31 PM
I've bitched a ton of times, they don't seem to care. Anyway, one of the fags I'm usually stuck with has TTC, so if there's something decent on the TCC (which is hard to tell, their programming usually doesn't match what's actually being shown), I go to his place. I usually have to perform a degrading sex act on him in exchange for watching his cable, though; it does not come without a price. If Justine, Big Masha and the rest only knew what I have to go through to see European indoor events and spring clay events, I think they'd work harder to have more exciting matches!

Mae1
Dec 27th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I have been after DirecTV to get The Tennis Channel for years with no luck at all :mad: :sad: Early this year they gave me Showtime and $5 off my bill for 6 months acting like this was until they could get The Tennis Channel. But they never did :fiery: And in fact the last time I heard from them they said they didn't have the channel and had no plans at this time to get it :ras: But then they asked me to e-mail them back if I wanted to be told if they ever got The Tennis Channel. I did e-mail back, but I don't think unless a lot of pressure is put on DirecTV that they will ever get The Tennis Channel :help:

Mae1
Dec 28th, 2006, 02:21 AM
A belated Christmas present for me :) I'm getting Dish TV :D :woohoo: And I suggest that all of you that want The Tennis Channel make the switch ;)

Mae1
Dec 30th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Forget DISH TV :ras: They were supposed to come today between Noon and 5 p.m. They never showed up nor did anyone ever call saying why they didn't show up :mad: When I called them all they said was I would have to reschedule the appointment. I told them to forget it :fiery:
DirecTV may not have The Tennis Channel, but they have better service than that! I guess I will just have to keep after DirecTV to get The Tennis Channel :sad:

cartmancop
Dec 30th, 2006, 04:39 AM
My family switched to Dishnetwork which has the option to get the tennis channel & then I moved away to college :sad: (& nobody else in my family follows tennis, so they don't have it here :lol: )

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:28 AM
I've bitched a ton of times, they don't seem to care. Anyway, one of the fags I'm usually stuck with has TTC, so if there's something decent on the TCC (which is hard to tell, their programming usually doesn't match what's actually being shown), I go to his place. I usually have to perform a degrading sex act on him in exchange for watching his cable, though; it does not come without a price. If Justine, Big Masha and the rest only knew what I have to go through to see European indoor events and spring clay events, I think they'd work harder to have more exciting matches!
:o :p

--

well.. if espn really is going to keep ditching events... then i think all carriers should have ttc

Mae1
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:10 AM
:o :p

--

well.. if espn really is going to keep ditching events... then i think all carriers should have ttc
I think that most of the people that have DirecTV must not be big tennis fans like I am. Hardly anyone seems to care that DirecTV doesn't have The Tennis Channel :sad: If enough viewers were pushing for DirecTV to get The Tennis Channel, they would get it. So there must not be enough tennis fans with DirecTV :bigcry:

yukon145
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:56 AM
i have DirecTV and want them to get the tennis channel. i have called before and they didnt seem to care about it and said they weren't getting it anytime soon.

so unless more people speak up or someone has better ideas we are gonna be stuck with out it.

eagletennis08
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:11 AM
:mad: I have called them tons of times, but I finally talked my parents into switching to dish and hopefully they will come in about 2 days:D.

eugreene2
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:29 AM
I call & send Directv emails once a month. Maybe I should do more. I'm thinking about getting Directv Sept through Dec for the NFL package & Comcast Jan through Aug for TTC. They probably would charge me an arm & a leg for disconnects. I've gotta come up with something because I'm not missing any of the French Open. That gives me until May!

Mae1
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM
:mad: I have called them tons of times, but I finally talked my parents into switching to dish and hopefully they will come in about 2 days:D.
Well I hope you have better luck with DISH TV than I did :(
My family was dead set against DISH TV because they didn't think DISH TV was as good as DirecTV. I finally had a fit and got them to switch to DISH. And what happens DISH does a no show which just confirmed to my family that they weren't as good as DirecTV. DirecTV does have excellent service. The people at DISH didn't even care that no one showed up when they were supposed to! If I lived close to DirecTV headquarters I would be out in front of their office protesting the lack of The Tennis Channel, but I don't live anywhere close to their office :sad: What gets me is not only don't they have The Tennis Channel, but an e-mail I got from them said they had no plans to get it! Yet when I talk to the workers at DirecTV they all tell me they have had requests for The Tennis Channel :confused:

Mae1
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:23 PM
I call & send Directv emails once a month. Maybe I should do more. I'm thinking about getting Directv Sept through Dec for the NFL package & Comcast Jan through Aug for TTC. They probably would charge me an arm & a leg for disconnects. I've gotta come up with something because I'm not missing any of the French Open. That gives me until May!
Believe me I have e-mailed DirecTV more than once a month and it hasn't gotten me anywhere at all :mad: :sad:
In fact their last e-mail to me said they didn't have The Tennis Channel and had no plans to get it :( Then the e-mail went on and said if you want us to let you know if we are going to get The Tennis Channel reply to this e-mail which I did. That was a strange e-mail :confused:

Ferosh
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately the people in this forum can't be bothered to take just a little bit of time to voice their opinions when it counts the most. By the time the French Open comes around, most USA posters will be bitching and moaning about there being no coverage on ESPN. GM is going to be filled with threads asking "Why is ESPN not showing the French?" Although this is an issue that only affects people in America, WTAWorld has 40,000+ members. If we all sent in just one e-mail, I'm sure action will be taken by DirecTV. Everyone benefits from this, if we get The Tennis Channel on DirecTV, I'll be able to record and upload matches.

MikeJones
Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Ive already called and complained. It amazes me how many crap channels they have, but no Tennis channel. I mean no tennis on ESPN, none on foxsportsnet, fuck

Helen Lawson
Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:58 PM
Ive already called and complained. It amazes me how many crap channels they have, but no Tennis channel. I mean no tennis on ESPN, none on foxsportsnet, fuck

I know, if I can watch B.D. Hyman preach hell and damnation 30 minutes a week from her living room, why can't I get a little bit of non-ESPN tennis once in a while, huh? :help:

Mae1
Jan 3rd, 2007, 03:28 AM
I know, if I can watch B.D. Hyman preach hell and damnation 30 minutes a week from her living room, why can't I get a little bit of non-ESPN tennis once in a while, huh? :help:
:haha: :haha: :haha: I loved that :lol: If we all work together we will bury DirecTV under requests for The Tennis Channel :yippee: The key, of course, is a large number of people working together--a few haven't been able to convince DirecTV :sad: :help: