PDA

View Full Version : "I don't need a man to win HOPMAN CUP" thread

Harju.
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:30 PM
courtesy of PCD ;)

ALLEZ TATI!!

selyoink
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:44 PM
It will certainly all be on Tati's shoulders to win this for France.

yukon145
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:50 PM
c'mon Tati, the new season starts very soon! i hope she's ready.

Harju.
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:33 PM
Anyway, here are the teams that would be participating. The standard of the tournament is going down every year, it seems :o

Group A
(1) Russia – Nadia Petrova and Dmitry Tursunov
(4) USA – Ashley Harkleroad and Mardy Fish
Australia – Alicia Molik and Mark Philippoussis
France – Tatiana Golovin and Jerome Haehnel

Group B
(2) Spain – Anabel Medina Garrigues and Tommy Robredo
(3) Czech Republic – Lucie Safarova and Tomas Berdych
India - Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna
Croatia – Sanja Ancic and Mario Ancic

Harju.
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
Tati would start her season with a match with Ashley Harkleroad.

Saturday, 30 Dec 2006
Session 1 - 11:00 am
Russia v Australia
Session 2 - 6:30 pm
USA v France

Iceland
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:54 PM
Ashley is a good opponent to start the new year. Tati won't be bothered by her relative power but she will be constrained to stay aggressive as Harkleroad is defending pretty well.
I'm really happy that Tati is playing this tournament because she will have to play doubles. It's the best way for her to improve her volleys and to be confident at the net. :)

Hant11
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:58 PM
Jerome Haehnel ?? :confused: I prefer Richard :) too bad he will play Adelaide the same week

FrenchY52
Dec 21st, 2006, 04:42 PM
Pff.. Jerôme Haehnel.. I don't see him beating Tursunov or Mark.. Maybe Fish ..

Go Tati !

dybbuk
Dec 21st, 2006, 07:11 PM
Pff.. JerŰme Haehnel.. I don't see him beating Tursunov or Mark.. Maybe Fish ..

Go Tati !

I kinda doubt he will beat Fish. Tati really is screwed with him as partner....:o

ZAK
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:53 AM
Guaranteed practice for AO! I've always wanted her to play Hopman Cup, but her partner....

whatever, make the best of it Tati!

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:24 AM
Wow, didn't realise the draw for the woman had changed... I'm actually quite glad to see some of those players there... Especially Tati of course...

Hopman Cup is more about match play & having fun then deadset having to win, although that of course is VERY important too... So I am sure that Tati will have fun and I'm glad Nadia is in her group as well coz that will be a great match to have so early in the year! :bounce:

E.X.C.I.T.I.N.G!!!! :D

star
Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:18 AM
I kinda doubt he will beat Fish. Tati really is screwed with him as partner....:o

I think so too :unsure: Hopefully we're wrong.

Привет
Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:00 AM
Well he (Jerome) isn't a stand out player or anything, but Hopman Cup is always interesting. You don't have to have two highly ranked singles players to win. Check out Krajicek & Wessels last year, they made the final and nobody would have thought that possible at the beginning of the tournament. Michaella played well, but Peter also had an upset win over Gaudio in the singles. If Tati can manage to pull a few wins over Nadia, Ashley & Alicia then it always gets the team off to a good start. Even if Haehnel gets punished in the singles, the tie is still alive with the mixed doubles, and higher ranked singles players don't always thrive in this part of the tournament. Myskina & Safin come to mind, one year they were the top seeds, yet played horribly in the mixed doubles.

So even though it might seem that Tati will be carrying the team, you never really know with Hopman Cup.

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:59 AM
Well he (Jerome) isn't a stand out player or anything, but Hopman Cup is always interesting. You don't have to have two highly ranked singles players to win. Check out Krajicek & Wessels last year, they made the final and nobody would have thought that possible at the beginning of the tournament. Michaella played well, but Peter also had an upset win over Gaudio in the singles. If Tati can manage to pull a few wins over Nadia, Ashley & Alicia then it always gets the team off to a good start. Even if Haehnel gets punished in the singles, the tie is still alive with the mixed doubles, and higher ranked singles players don't always thrive in this part of the tournament. Myskina & Safin come to mind, one year they were the top seeds, yet played horribly in the mixed doubles.

So even though it might seem that Tati will be carrying the team, you never really know with Hopman Cup.
Exactly :yeah:
Nastya & Marat always suck at Hopman... they struggle to win a match :tape:

rseto
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:44 AM
it's the 1st tournament of the year so there might be some strange results. and with no points, some of the players might be taking it easy. :o

i was reading peter bodo's blog and he reported seeing tati training in bradenton this week. one more week until tati's 1st match! :bounce:

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
it's the 1st tournament of the year so there might be some strange results. and with no points, some of the players might be taking it easy. :o

i was reading peter bodo's blog and he reported seeing tati training in bradenton this week. one more week until tati's 1st match! :bounce:
:eek: She better get herself over here so she can adapt!

Harju.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
Tati always does well in OZ. ;)
Besides, team event is her cup of tea. Remember Fed Cup? She lost to Pratt in Wimbledon but two weeks after that she somehow managed to stretch Nikkie V to three sets and clinch the tie by winning DOUBLE :eek: ;)

I hope her ankle is 100% fit though.

orfeus
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:44 PM
Tati always does well in OZ. ;)
Besides, team event is her cup of tea. Remember Fed Cup? She lost to Pratt in Wimbledon but two weeks after that she somehow managed to stretch Nikkie V to three sets and clinch the tie by winning DOUBLE :eek: ;)

I hope her ankle is 100% fit though.

Sure but that was back in France, with the crowd cheering for her (or for the French team?;)) and she was doing her best to keep France in the elite group...it's gonna be pretty different this time, she can take it easy now, so...we'll see;)

willrock
Dec 24th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Appropriate title V lix :)

Harju.
Dec 25th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Merry Christmas everyone :wavey:.

AnneSo006
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Yes! Merry Christmas! :bounce:

Hope you all have great presents!!! :lol:

willrock
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Let's all have Cheesecake :lol:

FrenchY52
Dec 25th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Merry Xmas ! http://www.yelims.com/Noel/Noel07.gif

boffaloraa
Dec 25th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Merry Xmas!!!:aparty: :clap2:

.:sk:.
Dec 25th, 2006, 04:30 PM
MERRY X-MAS to TATI and YOU ALL

ZAK
Dec 25th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Venus will not be sighted in Perth

By Tim Clarke
December 21, 2006
ORGANISERS of the Hopman Cup have been dealt a massive blow with the withdrawal of main drawcard Venus Williams, and the entire Germany team ahead of next week's mixed event.

With the 19th running of the event due to start on December 30, organisers were informed yesterday Williams - one of the most recognisable and bankable stars in world sport - would not be attending.
The former world No.1, who is currently ranked No.46, cited a wrist injury for her no-show.

In a further blow, German world No.48 Nicolas Kiefer pulled out at the same time for the same reason, and as no replacement could be found for him at short notice, Germany will now be replaced by a France team.

"Kiefer and Williams have both had recurring problems with their wrists and after long rehabilitations were not able to perform well enough to make the trip to Perth," a statement from the Hopman Cup organisers read.
There was no mention of the seriousness of the injury, or whether it might threaten Williams's participation in the Australian Open.

Despite considerable inconvenience to organisers, who were forced to alter programs and media guides at the last minute, promoters were today playing down the absence of their star attraction.

Instead they were spruiking the attractive qualities of the replacements, French wunderkind Tatiana Golovin and American Ashley Harkleroad.
Teenager Golovin will partner Jerome Haehnel for France, while Harkleroad will now partner Mardy Fish for the US.

Golovin is a rising star, reaching her third WTA Tour final recently in Stuttgart where she lost to Nadia Petrova after making the quarter finals at the US Open, sending her ranking up to No.22.

France will take its place in Group A, where it faces Australia, Russia and the US, and there will be no change to the schedule.

Williams had originally been due to partner Taylor Dent for the American side, but he was forced withdraw earlier this month with a back injury and was replaced by Fish.

This year's event will be the 19th time it has been held in Perth and next year will be the last time it is held at the Burswood Dome.

Australia will be represented by Alicia Molik and Mark Philippoussis.

Hopman Cup tournament director Paul McNamee said although the non-appearance of Williams was a blow for the tournament, he said he felt for the player more. "She has had a really rough year. We secured her to play back in May, so she was signed up a long time ago, but a lot has happened since," McNamee said.

"She tried to defend her Wimbledon title, but injured her wrist again and played a little in the fall, but it just wasn't right and still isn't.

"It is tough for the tournament, no doubt, but she's probably tearing her hair out as well at not getting to play."

Tatiana Golovin, who is part of the France side that replaces the Germany team, was a star of the future, McNamee said.

"(She) is the next big thing in tennis and she becomes the star of the tournament on the women's side, with Venus out," McNamee said.
"She is an outstanding young player at 18 and had her chances in the quarter-final at the US Open against (Maria) Sharapova.

"She made the final at Stuttgart and is a real star and glamorous as well.

"It's a breathtaking prospect to see these young stars in action and it is really where tennis is heading, in a more glamorous and youthful direction."
AAP

FrenchY52
Dec 26th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Wow :eek:

yukon145
Dec 28th, 2006, 09:42 PM
hopman cup starts soon and i haven't been able to find any new pics of Tati. has anyone had any luck?

ZAK
Dec 28th, 2006, 11:35 PM
I've had the same (lack of) luck.

Her match is in less than 36 hours!

selyoink
Dec 29th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Even though the results don't count I want Tati to sweep all her singles matches.

rseto
Dec 29th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Even though the results don't count I want Tati to sweep all her singles matches.

me too. i'm hoping she can have a good start to the year. have a good tournament tati!

orfeus
Dec 29th, 2006, 09:47 AM

If she's on she can surely do it, curious about her first match...anyway, surely a good practice before Sydney (and the AO), pity I won't see it:sad:
BTW nice avy, sel;)

willrock
Dec 29th, 2006, 05:36 PM
"(She) is the next big thing in tennis and she becomes the star of the tournament on the women's side, with Venus out," McNamee said.

Big thing? why not. :rolleyes:
Mc Namee is a real Aussie guy ... :lol:

Craigy
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:51 AM
:woohoo: Tati won!!

yukon145
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:56 AM
6-3, 4-6, 6-2! in GM it said that Tati only arrived in Perth yesterday night, and its the first match of the season so shes gonna be a little rusty.

and i guess she was wearing ankle braces too!

Dec 30th, 2006, 11:12 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
This victory was important! But she had big problems with her service. Lets see what the next games bring us! I hope Haehnel wins against Mardy Fish but it will be hard.

orfeus
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM
:woohoo: great Tati!!! Though I was really worried about her serve (and sort of expected just a 2-set match;)), however this was most likely because of her late arrival, so great anyway!:aparty:

Fired
Dec 30th, 2006, 11:32 AM
6-3, 4-6, 6-2! in GM it said that Tati only arrived in Perth yesterday night, and its the first match of the season so shes gonna be a little rusty.

and i guess she was wearing ankle braces too!yup! And she's blonde again! :worship::hearts::drool:

There are a few pics on gettyimages.

Dec 30th, 2006, 11:39 AM
yup! And she's blonde again! :worship::hearts::drool:

There are a few pics on gettyimages.

Can you please post a link ?? :)

EDIT: OK, found them!!!

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:03 PM
YAY for Tati... Shame I don't get coverage of night matches :awww:
She is blonde again :eek: Ankle Braces :woohoo:

Dec 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM
JťrŰme Haehnel wins 7-5 4-6 7-6 against Mardy Fish, so France leads 2-0! :)

star
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:26 PM
So the man turned out to be useful after all :lol:

I like the blond!

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:35 PM
If they win dubs they start the week, top of their group :banana:

Dec 30th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Tati and Haehnel don't play the mixed - so the USA wins by walkover :(

~lollipop_girl~
Dec 30th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Tati and Haehnel don't play the mixed - so the USA wins by walkover :(
Lazy or what :p... every match counts!
Hope they are both ok :awww:

yukon145
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:42 PM
for anyone who watched the match, how did Tati play? what was wrong with her serve?

i was sorta liking dark haired Tati.

Hant11
Dec 30th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Tatiana Golovin
Peter Wilkins (Interviewer)
Ladies and gentlemen, what about a round of applause for Tatiana Golovin, she only arrived yesterday. She was victorious today. You arrived yesterday and only 2 hours on the court today. How are you feeling?
(Golovin) A little bit tired. I just want to thank you all today for coming out today. Itís my first time in Perth and I really love it so I hope I will be back here many times.
Iím sure that they would love you to come back. The first set seemed to go pretty well. What happened after that?
(Golovin) Like I said, I just arrived yesterday and Iím still a bit jet lagged. I didnít get a lot of practice in this morning. Iím still a bit tired, a bit tight maybe. Iím happy that I managed to get through. I refocused and regrouped in the third set.
Where were you when you got the call to join the tournament at late notice?
(Golovin) I was actually in Florida, in the house, with all my family. They said we would really like you to be here. I have always wanted to play this event I have just never had the opportunity. When they asked me I said sure I will be there.
Terrific. You made the quarter finals at the US Open last year. You have won a French mixed doubles title with Richard Gasquet. Whatís the plan for this year?
(Golovin) I got injured twice this year from my ankle and that really hurt my ranking and my points so I hope to stay healthy. I think that is really the most important thing for me this year and my tennis will come with that.
Have you played mixed doubles with Jerome Haenel before?
(Golovin) No we havenít. I donít think he has ever played mixed doubles before. I hope he wins in singles so there isnít as much pressure on us in the doubles.
You better go and give him a pep talk. Congratulations on a good win tonight.
(Golovin) Thank you so much. See you later.

http://www.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=713&NewsId=130

Dec 30th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Hopman Radio

* 30/12/2006 - An Interview with Tatiana Golovin
Tatiana Golovin shrugged off jetlag to help France to victory and she couldn't be happier with her Hyundai Hopman Cup debut (1071 kb)
listen Ľ (http://www.hopmancup.com.au/upload/media/radio/30DEC06GOLOVIN-interview.mp3)

Crazy Canuck
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:25 AM
I'm curious how many of you had actually heard of Haehnel before this tournament. He's streaky but can play.

selyoink
Jan 1st, 2007, 05:09 AM
Tougher than expected but I guess that is what Tati gets for showing up so late.

UDACHi
Jan 1st, 2007, 07:53 PM
blonde ankle braced tati. :drool:

souam
Jan 2nd, 2007, 03:01 AM
I'm curious how many of you had actually heard of Haehnel before this tournament. He's streaky but can play.

I had because of his notorious fear of flying (plus a WC scandal in last year's Open de Moselle...). Brings me to one question... How did he get to Perth? By boat? :confused: :tape:

Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:15 AM
Tati won her match against Alicia Molik: 7-5 6-2 :bounce:

rseto
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:15 AM
tati wins 7-5 6-2 against molik.

pretty good win considering molik won against petrova and tati probably had the crowd against her. however i'm a little concerned about all these long matches back from her injury. hope she won't have to play mixed later.

Oural56
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Congratulation Tati!!!

Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
let's see if JťrŰme will win his match against Phillippoussis!!!

MarineGoTati
Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:19 AM
Good Job Tati !

Craigy
Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
Tati :bowdown: I had my doubts with that match so I'm glad she won!

Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
Haehnel leads 4-1 in the 1st set but the livescore stopped. Maybe one of the players get injured :confused:

Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Phillipoussis retired. So Haehnel wins the match! 2-0 for France

Craigy
Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
:woohoo: :D

Fired
Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:14 AM
Vive la France! :woohoo:

Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Transcript - Tatiana Golovin (France)
2/01/2007

Tatiana Golovin
Peter Wilkins (Interviewer)

Well ladies and gentlemen, she may have defeated the home favourite, but it was a special brand of tennis tonight. Can you put your hands together for Tatiana Golovin. Well Tatiana, give yourself a mark out of 10 tonight. That was pretty good.

(Golovin) I thought that it was a really tough match. Alicia did a great job coming back on Tour this year. With her slices and her high balls and her huge serve it was so hard to get into a rhythm. I am definitely very, very happy that I got through the match.

You were down a break early in the first set. Did you see the end of the first set as being crucial; it was 4-4 and the intensity was high.

(Golovin) Yes for sure. I think I really tried to focus and tried to look at the ball, because, like I said, she uses the pace of the ball a lot so it is very hard to be there mentally all the time. Iím really glad I stuck to it and did my job and Iím very happy.

You had a good year last year. What are your expectations for this year? Do you set yourself a goal? A Grand Slam? A Grand Slam final? Something as lofty as that?

(Golovin) Yes that is always a dream. Thatís kind of what you play tennis for, those big matches and these big courts and in front of people like you guys. Thank you so much for coming out every day. It is really amazing. We love playing in front of you.

Your performance was terrific tonight. Youíve got a match coming up with someone who youíve had running battles with this year, Nadia Petrova. Are you looking forward to that?

(Golovin) Yes I guess. First of all Jerome is going to play against Mark. I think that is going to be an amazing match and then the mixed doubles. Petrova is an amazing player. She played really well today. It will definitely be an amazing match, and hopefully you guys come and support both of us.

Have you given Jerome some advice on how to play Mark?

(Golovin) Just try to return his serve.

Youíre going to come out for a mixed doubles and we will look forward to seeing you then. Congratulations on a terrific match.

(Golovin) Thank you, see you later.

http://www.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=713&NewsId=141

Craigy
Jan 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
Tati :hearts:

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Wow, France is on a roll now... Who would have thought it would work out so well for both Tati and Jerome (not that Mark's retirement is actually good thing really but u know what I mean)...

Allez France! :bounce:

Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Wow, France is on a roll now... Who would have thought it would work out so well for both Tati and Jerome (not that Mark's retirement is actually good thing really but u know what I mean)...

That's right! JťrŰme surprises me. The win against Fish and he leaded against Philippoussis before Mark retired.:eek:

And Tati: I expected that she will win against Harkleroad and Molik. But she plays better tennis than I expected after her injury.:bounce:

yukon145
Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
another solid win by Tati, i really hope she beats Petrova.

France just has to win one match against Russia and they will make the final.

Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM
I a little bit sad that Tati and JťrŰme didn't play a mixed... This would be funny

Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:32 PM
Oh, on gettyimages you can see some pictures of a little exhibition mixed Tati/Haehnel vs. Molik/Kilderry (coach of Molik)!!!

TennisPlayingFox
Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Nice win Tati! Good luck against Nadia!

Langers
Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Oh, on gettyimages you can see some pictures of a little exhibition mixed Tati/Haehnel vs. Molik/Kilderry (coach of Molik)!!!
Her outfit was just... :hearts:

Loved it! And she was having a great time out there too!

selyoink
Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
A much better result for Tati this time. I will be interested to see how she does against Petrova.

Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Her outfit was just... :hearts:

It's the outfit of Syndey 2005! I love it:drool:

martirogi
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:14 PM
vamos tat :hearts:

Harju.
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
Just came back from my short holiday.
Tati won 2 matches and her man won 2 matches too.
To top it all, she's back with blonde hair.
What next? She's suddenly going to win a title. :lol:

ALLEZ!

martirogi
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
i miss the dark haired, evil tati :devil:

selyoink
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:58 PM
i miss the dark haired, evil tati :devil:

Is she no longer evil? Because that would be unacceptable.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Just came back from my short holiday.
Tati won 2 matches and her man won 2 matches too.
To top it all, she's back with blonde hair.
What next? She's suddenly going to win a title. :lol:

ALLEZ!
Does Hopman count as a title? ;)

Craigy
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Of course it does :lol: :unsure:
Don't worry, Tati's bound to get one this year :cool:

Tatianandmary
Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Tati is back. This year, she'll get a title for sure

rseto
Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:16 AM
another solid win by Tati, i really hope she beats Petrova.

France just has to win one match against Russia and they will make the final.

i hope tati (or jerome) can do it in singles since they haven't played a real doubles match yet but russia has won their mixed matches.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
I love this Thread :hearts: :kiss:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:37 AM
Tati is back. This year, she'll get a title for sure

I really hope so :hug:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
I had because of his notorious fear of flying (plus a WC scandal in last year's Open de Moselle...). Brings me to one question... How did he get to Perth? By boat? :confused: :tape:

There's that issue as well. Obviously he would have a better shot at maintaining a top 100 ranking (which he had once, after winning Metz) if he could play the full tour.

Regardless, what was the WC scandal all about? :o

Maybe he teleported himself to Australia.

Harju.
Jan 3rd, 2007, 03:48 PM
There's that issue as well. Obviously he would have a better shot at maintaining a top 100 ranking (which he had once, after winning Metz) if he could play the full tour.

Regardless, what was the WC scandal all about? :o

Maybe he teleported himself to Australia.
Lol @ teleported part.

Anyway, anyone's surprised that Tati wasn't eating all the cheesecake during the off season and looks hot? I certainly was.

Craigy
Jan 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
I don't think she looks hot :( The hair is a big NO :lol: It makes her look 'cheap' in my opinion :o

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I don't think she looks hot :( The hair is a big NO :lol: It makes her look 'cheap' in my opinion :o

I luv her in her colourful outfit :kiss: :hearts: :drool:

Jan 4th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Tati lost her match against Petrova: 6-7 (2-7) 0-6

yukon145
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:03 AM
i just watched the whole match on the tennis channel. in the first set Tati did a good job of saving 3 set points when she was serving at 4-5. then she had 2 set points serving at 6-5, and she really should have won the set right there.

but after that she pretty much stopped caring. the second set was really bad, lots of double faults and a really crappy attitude. im pissed that she lost, but more pissed at how shitty her attitude was in the second set. hopefully france can still make the final, but i think it will be tough.

selyoink
Jan 4th, 2007, 03:23 AM
I always love it when players quit after losing a set. :rolleyes:

Jan 4th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Jerome lost his single 1-6 4-6 against Tursunov.

Now Tati and Jerome have to win the mixed to reach the final!!!

yukon145
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Tati is carrying the mixed match right now, the guy sucks. france is still down a break at 3-4.

rseto
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:30 AM
i just watched the whole match on the tennis channel. in the first set Tati did a good job of saving 3 set points when she was serving at 4-5. then she had 2 set points serving at 6-5, and she really should have won the set right there.

but after that she pretty much stopped caring. the second set was really bad, lots of double faults and a really crappy attitude. im pissed that she lost, but more pissed at how shitty her attitude was in the second set. hopefully france can still make the final, but i think it will be tough.

that sucks. hope she doesn't adopt a new attitude with that hair color of hers. :rolleyes:

yukon145
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Tati looks like she is enjoying herself more during the doubles match, she does look a little annoyed that her partner is so shitty. this guy really cant play at net at all.

yukon145
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:46 AM
well france is about to lose, they are down 4-6, 2-5. but Tati is playing pretty well and enjoying herself out there, smiling alot. which is good to see after her singles match.

Tati is playing much much better than her partner and looks good in her US Open dress only in an ice blue color.

rseto
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:56 AM
well, tati and jerome lost 4-6 2-6. seems the tie was pretty much over when tati lost that 1st set.

hopefully, tati is ready for sydney where the matches will really count.

Jan 4th, 2007, 06:00 AM
all in all I think it was a good week for Tati. A good preparation for Sydney and the Australian Open. Forget this f***ing day ;)

yukon145
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Tati seemed very upbeat in the postmatch interview oncourt after the mixed match. smiling alot and laughing. Tati really did all she could do in the doubles with her partner and Russia played very well.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:25 AM
she did well this week i say just a bit sad that she gave up after the first set

Jan 4th, 2007, 08:41 AM
Transcript - Dmitry Tursunov, Nadia Petrova, Jerome Haehnel, Tatiana Golovin
4/01/2007

Dmitry Tursunov
Nadia Petrova
Jerome Haehnel
Tatiana Golovin
Fred Stolle (Interviewer)

Unfortunately for the French they had to win one match today against the Russians and they couldnít quite get it done, but it was a very exciting mixed doubles.

(Golovin) Thank you for reminding us. We are happy that we even had the chance to compete for the Final because coming here we didnít expect to be playing at this level at all. I think we had some good matches. The doubles today was really fun.

I know that you had words with Dmitry before you went out there that he wasnít to hit you, but he did you get you but you got even.

(Golovin) I know. He hit me I couldnít believe it. Dmitry you are so bad. I think I got him back with some pretty good passing shots.

[...]

http://www.hopmancup.com.au/default.aspx?id=713&NewsId=153

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 4th, 2007, 11:59 AM

Exactly, but I think her attitude was pretty poor from the start, looking in her eyes she didn't seem to want it at all :awww:
The mixed 1st set was great to watch just for the Hawkeye (wow Tati was lucky with some of the calls :haha: ) & for the smiles from Tati (along with a few great shots... All in all, she didn't seem to want it much today and Jerome really sucks at the night coz he is so scared :lol:

and OMG, I don't think Tati could have flirted with Dmitry anymore then she did unless she went over to his side of the court, my mum thought it was hilarious (first time she'd watched Tati) and the blue dress is :drool: :hearts: :inlove: Great with the hair ;)

Harju.
Jan 4th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Exactly, but I think her attitude was pretty poor from the start, looking in her eyes she didn't seem to want it at all :awww:
The mixed 1st set was great to watch just for the Hawkeye (wow Tati was lucky with some of the calls :haha: ) & for the smiles from Tati (along with a few great shots... All in all, she didn't seem to want it much today and Jerome really sucks at the night coz he is so scared :lol:

and OMG, I don't think Tati could have flirted with Dmitry anymore then she did unless she went over to his side of the court, my mum thought it was hilarious (first time she'd watched Tati) and the blue dress is :drool: :hearts: :inlove: Great with the hair ;)
Tati and Dima would make a cute couple :drool:.
I like Dima. His blog cracks me up.

Anyway. Tati's back to the tanking mode. Must be the evil hair :tape:
But it's an exhibition event anyway. Who knows she's saving up her energy and taking things slowly for Sydney.

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Tati and Dima would make a cute couple :drool:.
I like Dima. His blog cracks me up.

Anyway. Tati's back to the tanking mode. Must be the evil hair :tape:
But it's an exhibition event anyway. Who knows she's saving up her energy and taking things slowly for Sydney.
I find him arrogant and annoying so I hope Tati stays away :angel:
But u can see they are really good freinds ;)

Harju.
Jan 4th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Annoying :eek: *slaps* :p
Have you read his blog though. I bet you'd love him :angel:
Anyway, I'm still hoping Tati and Richie would get together and be the IT couple in tennis ;)

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Yes I have read his blog and the first time I was like :haha:
Now I am like :yawn: and it adds to the reason he is annoying :angel: :p
Tati & Rich :drool:

XCoco
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Tati said Richard is too young for her one day :) .

~lollipop_girl~
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:34 AM
:haha:

:awww: Well anyone but Dima ;)

orfeus
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:16 AM

Well actually she said Richard and Gael were too young for her, so here we have another unlucky guy;)

sticks
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Anyone got a picture of Tati in that pale blue dress , she looked beautiful !

rseto
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Yes I have read his blog and the first time I was like :haha:
Now I am like :yawn: and it adds to the reason he is annoying :angel: :p

:lol: i have the same feeling about dima. now, he's trying to live up to his blog everytime he says or writes something.

tati will probably go out with someone who plays a different sport. ;)

orfeus
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Anyone got a picture of Tati in that pale blue dress , she looked beautiful !

Go to the "PIctures/Videos ThreaD", page 185;)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:22 AM
she is 18 how old is richard and Gael

XCoco
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:49 PM
they'are both 20 ;) . 21 this year.

orfeus
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Well perhaps she's looking for someone like me (27 ty):lol:

XCoco
Jan 5th, 2007, 10:31 PM

lol :D , yeah exatly, marat safin will turn 27 in january ? she said he was so cute hihi :D .

FrenchY52
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:11 AM
lol :D , yeah exatly, marat safin will turn 27 in january ? she said he was so cute hihi :D .

:o
Btw Daniela looks like Pais Hilton in your avatar :eek:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Please don't say so :tape: I hate Paris :o

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:17 PM

I reckon she had a crush on Dmitry the way she was with him in the dubz and they were chatting and stuff at new years eve ball

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:18 PM

I dont see it she looks good though :hearts:

XCoco
Jan 6th, 2007, 02:29 PM

:ras: .
You can't compare Daniela to Paris ;) .

Harju.
Jan 6th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I reckon she had a crush on Dmitry the way she was with him in the dubz and they were chatting and stuff at new years eve ball
I think both Dima and her were training at the same place at some point. I also think that these two'd make a good couple.

Btw how ironic that we are discussing Tati's man in this thread :lol:

orfeus
Jan 6th, 2007, 07:00 PM
A good point;) ..anyway it doesn't matter, the title just says that she doesn't need a man to win the cup, but otherwise...:lol: :lol:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I think both Dima and her were training at the same place at some point. I also think that these two'd make a good couple.

Btw how ironic that we are discussing Tati's man in this thread :lol:

I know what your saying :lol: :haha: