PDA

View Full Version : France Replaces Germany, Venus pulls out - replaced by Harkleroad

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:56 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6199085.stm

Nicholas Kiefer is unable to compete in the Hopman Cup due to a wrist injury so France will be replacing Germany. Tatiana Golovin and Jerome Haehnel will be representing France.

Venus Williams has also pulled out due to a wrist injury and will be replaced by Ashley Harkleroad. Mardy Fish had earlier replaced Taylor Dent in the USA team.

What do you think of this news?

cfc_4_ever
Dec 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM
I always thought Venus was a chance of not comming. I am quiet happy, i like golovin and harklerload. However disappoint about Venus and Alicia not playing each other. I thought that would be the match of the week.
Does anyone know anything about Jerome Haehnel, i dont think i have seen him play at all. He is DOB 1980, so thats 26, so he isnt new.

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 11:06 AM
He beat Agassi at Roland Garros 2004. Apart from that he has done virtually nothing.

I always thought Venus was a chance of not comming. I am quiet happy, i like golovin and harklerload. However disappoint about Venus and Alicia not playing each other. I thought that would be the match of the week.
Does anyone know anything about Jerome Haehnel, i dont think i have seen him play at all. He is DOB 1980, so thats 26, so he isnt new.

cfc_4_ever
Dec 21st, 2006, 11:25 AM
I googled him and that Roland Garros win was the most interesting thing that came up.

1 Tournment Win-Metz 2004
Highest Rank-78 (21 February, 2005)
Highest dbl Rank- 114 (6 November, 2006)

So he seems to be compedtive, but not yet a top line player. If you beat Agassi, you have to have something going for him ;) I am quite looking forward to seeing him. Everyone else at the HHC, i know quite a bit about, so he will be interesting

Tennis-Chick
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:47 PM
I'm glad Harkleroad is replacing venus, i like her. I hope Venus is fit for the Aussie Open though!

cameron
Dec 21st, 2006, 09:57 PM
Having season tickets again this year I was a little dissapointed with the line up but with the new additions of Golovin & Harkleroad I can't wait. Should be a good tournament and hopefully Alicia can find her feet against some very good players.

tennisbuddy12
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:35 AM
its great that ash is playing...i get to see her on tv!!...jerome doesnt really travel outside of europe...he is afraid of flying (thats what i read)..its also expensive for him to fly out like that...

PERSONAL
Began playing tennis at age five...Father Jean-Claude is an engineer and mother Claudette is an accountant...Has one older sister named Sophie who is a dentist assistant...Growing up he admired Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras and Stefan Edberg...Regarded as one of top French junior players and trained at French Federation since he 13...Won French junior championship and Sunshine Cup along with Llodra, Patience and Jeanpierre...Likes PlayStation...Speaks French, English and a little German...He does not like flying and prefers driving or taking a train...He flew only once in 2004 to travel to Italy.

Привет
Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:50 AM
its great that ash is playing...i get to see her on tv!!...jerome doesnt really travel outside of europe...he is afraid of flying (thats what i read)..its also expensive for him to fly out like that...

PERSONAL
Began playing tennis at age five...Father Jean-Claude is an engineer and mother Claudette is an accountant...Has one older sister named Sophie who is a dentist assistant...Growing up he admired Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras and Stefan Edberg...Regarded as one of top French junior players and trained at French Federation since he 13...Won French junior championship and Sunshine Cup along with Llodra, Patience and Jeanpierre...Likes PlayStation...Speaks French, English and a little German...He does not like flying and prefers driving or taking a train...He flew only once in 2004 to travel to Italy.
Oh ok. I've never flown in a plane before, but I don't think I would like to be stuck in Europe for the rest of my life :lol: Thanks for posting this though, someone said something about Jerome getting over his fear of flying in another thread, and I had no idea what they were on about.

ClaudiaZ-S
Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:24 AM
Tatiana & Jerome :devil:

cfc_4_ever
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:03 AM
Wow, has onli flown 1 since 2004!!! Bit of a difference for France to Italy against France to Perth. He will probley go to england, then Singapore then perth. Mayb FRA-SIN-PER. He might even hav to go through sydney.

I hope he makes it here alright!!!

Jessie181
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:54 AM
I'm dissapointed that Venus isn't going. I thought that it would give her some match-play before AO, and that it would be good for her.
Personally, i don't think that it really has anything to do with her wrist. I think it has more to do with her not being able to practice (most likely) and not being ready for Perth because of the Trial and everything.

I hope she comes into the AO healthy, fit, and I hope that her game is great, and she, at least, goes to the second week, and ACTUALLY plays. If her wrist is still bad, I hope that it heals and gets better, if not at the AO, then for the rest of the season.

I'm quite happy that France is replacing Germany; I love Tati, and I also like Ashley. H.

-Makiri-
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Tati :)

FrenchY52
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:34 PM
Go Tati ! Please Jerome don't take any risk and don't take the plane ! Let someone else play !

willrock
Dec 24th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Go Tati ! Please Jerome don't take any risk and don't take the plane ! Let someone else play !

:lol:
I like Jerome :cool:
They're gonna make a hot team :p
Is he doing the trip to play the AO qualies ? hmm presumably