PDA

View Full Version : When Will Henin-Hardenne lose her No.1 ranking?

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:39 AM
I say she'll lose it after Roland Garros 2007 to Maria Sharapova.

Rtael
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:43 AM
When she retires in about five or six years. :p

TF Chipmunk
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:45 AM
We can only wish :p

Vamos.
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:48 AM
I think she will keep it long after the claycourt season, where she is bound to thrive. Probably the US Open series is where it will slip to Maria.

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:49 AM
That's fairly impossible seeing as Justine only played one tournament in the US Open series last year ...

I think she will keep it long after the claycourt season, where she is bound to thrive. Probably the US Open series is where it will slip to Maria.

Vamos.
Dec 21st, 2006, 09:09 AM
That's fairly impossible seeing as Justine only played one tournament in the US Open series last year ...

I think after Roland Garros she will start losing points quickly; Eastbourne, Wimbledon, I don't think she will reach the Finals of either. By then Maria will almost have caught up (winning Wimbledon, in my opinion) and on to the US Open Series which Maria dominates similar to how Cljisters did in 05'.

Ben.
Dec 21st, 2006, 09:10 AM
who knows?

saki
Dec 21st, 2006, 09:14 AM
If I remember correctly, they're introducing the new ranking system week by week. That penalises players who have great big tournament results near the end of the season. Otherwise, I would have said that Maria was likely to take over in the later half of the year, but with this coming in, I think (as long as Justine actually plays the U.S. hardcourt season this year), Justine has a real chance at holding it right till the indoor season. Of course, she could also lose it very quickly if Maria wins the AO so..

ZeroSOFInfinity
Dec 21st, 2006, 09:14 AM
My guess will be around Wimbledon - US Open.... Justine tend to play less during the hardcourts season...

pigmalion
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:14 AM
When she retires in about five or six years. :p

Agree :p

Stamp Paid
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:21 AM
It's going to be a while.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:23 AM
its gonna be tough for her to match last year-i say around wimby

s_j
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:51 AM
She'll lose it to Maria after the AO.

jazar
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM
it will be sometime after wimbledon, but not before cos once they get on clay justine will dominate

Marcus1979
Dec 21st, 2006, 11:00 AM
she starts off the year with defending Sydney and a AO Runnerup

and Maria has a SF to defend at AO in that time

so I think she may loose it for a period post AO

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 11:02 AM
Justine has a lot of points to defend in 2007. Obviously she has the most points to defend ...

pooh14
Dec 21st, 2006, 11:57 AM
no idea.
but i have feelings it would be another close season with henin, maria fighting for the top spot. i would also include kim and amelie into the race

eck
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:06 PM
Thought some one mentioned being in AO2006 Final = AO2007 SemiFinals.
Who knows?
Hope it'll be as long as possible.
BTW, Dementieva Serve, maybe it's just me, but do try to slow down the new topics, it brings me back dark memories of seles, davenport. Not that I'm saying you are. ;) Or ARE you? :devil:

Dexter
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:22 PM
If she doesn't lose it immediately after AO, it's going to be tough for Maria to overtake her as she has much more points in the 2nd part of the season than Justine ;)

Allez!

LoveFifteen
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:46 PM
About 7 to 8 weeks after I shatter her femur with a crowbar a mysterious injury.

Mina Vagante
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:58 PM
As soon as serena gets fit

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:59 PM
:yeah: agreed....although :sad: who knows how long that'll take :sad: :lol:

Mina Vagante
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:19 PM
don't worry it'll be soon

up!
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:12 PM
tomorrow

Slumpsova
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:32 PM
she will lose it to Nicole i think.

ioni
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
About 7 to 8 weeks after I shatter her femur with a crowbar a mysterious injury.

:scared:

ioni
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:40 PM

as much as i hate i have to agree with ^ Nicole has better chances to beat justine on clay than maria will ever have ..just being realistic about it ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:59 PM
First off masha or amelie will have to win the aussie to take over number one in the first half of the season. In the second who knows

Kim's_fan_4ever
Dec 21st, 2006, 06:01 PM
It may happen after AO

hablo
Dec 21st, 2006, 07:04 PM
It all depends on how she does during the AO.
Maria is gonna take over #1 soon imo.

AnnaK_4ever
Dec 21st, 2006, 07:14 PM
Points to defend in 2007:

Spring hard season:
Henin - 1054
Sharapova - 1174

Clay season:
Henin - 1045
Sharapova - 96

Grass season:
Henin - 687
Sharapova - 369

US hard season:
Henin - 687
Sharapova - 1088

Indoor season:
Henin - 525
Sharapova - 805

WIMBLY2004
Dec 21st, 2006, 07:15 PM
as much as i hate i have to agree with ^ Nicole has better chances to beat justine on clay than maria will ever have ..just being realistic about it ;)

Please read his words again, he was talking about the No.1 ranking, not RG, how does Vaidisova have any chance for the No.1 ranking?:rolleyes:

Piotr'ek
Dec 21st, 2006, 07:17 PM
We can only wish :p
Didnt she announce to happen this earlier? :p

Ryan
Dec 21st, 2006, 09:39 PM
There is no way she's holding it past Wimbledon. I can't believe some people think it will be the indoor season. She has bucketloads of points to defend, and she will NOT make 4 slam finals again. Not to mention that she won three events right before three of the slams - I can't see her winning all of them again.

Gooner
Dec 21st, 2006, 09:46 PM
After Wimbledon

LudwigDvorak
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:13 PM
I would hate to see Sharapova go back to #1. God, I despise her. But who has a chance to get to #1 again? I'll just hope Henin-Hardenne can stay #1, or have Mauresmo/Clijsters/Petrova have some surprises in store for us.

Slampova
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:41 PM

:spit:

Hahahahahahahahaha, Ohmygod, that was funny :tape::lol:

vejh
Dec 21st, 2006, 11:14 PM
There other tournies for Henin to improve on, esp the tier ones. She can get past rd one in Miami for one.lol. She can actually win a tier 1 clay court warmup and she can play at least 3 tournies each for the HC (including the USO) and indoor season all tier1s. Basically she just can stay at #1 with tier 1 pts. I don't doubt she can do all 4 GS finals again either, and win more than 1. Let's hope for full health and strength and see what the girls can do next yr.

Tenis Srbija
Dec 21st, 2006, 11:25 PM
IN two years...maybe! :)

goldenboi356
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:45 AM
I would hate to see Sharapova go back to #1. God, I despise her. But who has a chance to get to #1 again? I'll just hope Henin-Hardenne can stay #1, or have Mauresmo/Clijsters/Petrova have some surprises in store for us.

i totally agree with you here. i want ju to maintain num 1 as long as possible. if not, then please please someone else other than pova take over, preferably kim

Brett.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:58 AM
When she loses to Nicole Pratt @ Australian Open 2007 so thats next year! :p
A score was 62 62 :lol:

Dementieva Serve
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:01 AM
2006 is this year ...

When she loses to Nicole Pratt @ Australian Open 2006 so thats next year! :p
A score was 62 62 :lol:

Marcus1979
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:02 AM
There is no way she's holding it past Wimbledon. I can't believe some people think it will be the indoor season. She has bucketloads of points to defend, and she will NOT make 4 slam finals again. Not to mention that she won three events right before three of the slams - I can't see her winning all of them again.

:worship:

Brett.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:03 AM

:Rofl:

Brett.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:05 AM
2006 is this year ...

I said 2007 - don't you dare change in my quote!

Junex
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:59 AM
As long as she will lose it to Maria....its fine with me, after all, if justine remains healthy it would be very hard for anybody to prevent her from ending the 2007 season #1 again!

She may not win the same titles she won 2006, she had a lot of tourneys she was not able to participate in 06 too which is IMO she had all the chance to win in 07!

Off to a good healthy year Justine!!!!!

saki
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:35 AM

On the other hand, she won no Tier I titles in 2006. That's unlikely to happen again. She's likely to win at least one clay Tier I - Berlin most probably - and she'll have a good shot at Toronto which she will play instead of New Haven. She might even play an indoor Tier I. She'll probably gain some points at Miami/IW. I also don't see why she shouldn't get to four GS finals again.

Greenout
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:28 PM

That's is a terrible, and vile comment. Shame that women's tennis attracts your type. It's not funny nor amusing, and truly hateful.

Hopefully people red dot you, and not tolerate this sort of ugly violent comment about any player.

Corswandt
Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:47 PM
I used to think that Maria had a (slim) chance of wresting the #1 from JHH as early as February - if something like the following happened:

- JHH didn't win Sydney and didn't reach the AO final

AND

- Maria reached the AO final and won the Tokyo PPO

However, the new ranking points system for 2007 has changed the framework for calculations such as these. For instance, to defend (almost) all her January points, JHH would merely have to reach the final in Sydney and the SF at the AO. Of course her direct competitors will also get an increased points haul if they reach the same stages of the tournaments they did last year, or if they improve on their 2006 performances - but I believe that, overall, these changes will benefit frontrunners the most.

So I don't feel JHH is in any danger of losing the #1 until Wimbledon.

Ryan
Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
On the other hand, she won no Tier I titles in 2006. That's unlikely to happen again. She's likely to win at least one clay Tier I - Berlin most probably - and she'll have a good shot at Toronto which she will play instead of New Haven. She might even play an indoor Tier I. She'll probably gain some points at Miami/IW. I also don't see why she shouldn't get to four GS finals again.

Because when was the last time it happened? With Graf, in 88/89. Justine's not doing it.

saki
Dec 22nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Because when was the last time it happened? With Graf, in 88/89. Justine's not doing it.

I don't think that's a very good reason. I'm not saying that she'll necessarily do it either but I don't see why you write off her chances out of hand. She has a great record against the other top players.

In any case, she doesn't need four GS finals to remain #1. She can do it by having a clay season like '05 or '03, by winning one or two Tier Is or by winning 2 GS (or more, obviously).

I see two main scenarios (given the points system which disadvantages Maria) -

1. Maria wins the AO and Justine therefore loses #1 to her very quickly.
2. Justine goes further at the AO than Maria and doesn't lose it until at least after Wimbledon and possibly not till the indoor season, if then.

jazzfuzion
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:09 PM
she'll win ao and fo,then at least sf for the last 2 slams so she will keep herself ahead for an entire yr unless.....well let's hope injury does not become a factor AGAIN.

jazzfuzion
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:10 PM

you're only setting yourself up to be let down

LoveFifteen
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:44 PM
That's is a terrible, and vile comment. Shame that women's tennis attracts your type. It's not funny nor amusing, and truly hateful.

Hopefully people red dot you, and not tolerate this sort of ugly violent comment about any player.

:rolleyes:

Get over yourself. It's called dark humor. Some people like it. :shrug:

It's not hateful or violent. It's a fucking wisecrack. Don't be bitter just because you never progressed beyond Laffy Taffy wrapers and knock-knock jokes.

DavidEllul
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:49 PM

Get over yourself. It's called dark humor. Some people like it. :shrug:

It's not hateful or violent. It's a fucking wisecrack. Don't be bitter just because you never progressed beyond Laffy Taffy wrapers and knock-knock jokes.

so why don't u just use such kind of "dark humor" on ur fave ?:tape:

stop making a buffoon out of urself, u freaking jerk :lol:

Mother_Marjorie
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:54 PM
I do believe that the next heir to the WTA Throne will be Princess Maria herself, but it might take a couple of years to wrestle it away from Justine (should Justine stay healthy).

pigam
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:08 PM
It's called dark humor. Some people like it. :shrug:

I personaly loved it!
it was dark, it was humourous. it was dark humour. :yeah:
I'm still laughing. So funny. But next time use some words i don't have to look up in a dictionnary. You shouldn't keep us non-native speakers deprived from those little "gems of dark humour". :hearts:

saki
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:25 PM
I like dark humour. However, the fact that a tennis player has actually been stabbed on court makes jokes about that really quite unfunny to me.

Ain't nothing funny about this.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/100799/photos/spt-seles.jpg

loppy
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:49 PM
In any case, she doesn't need four GS finals to remain #1. She can do it by having a clay season like '05 or '03, by winning one or two Tier Is or by winning 2 GS (or more, obviously).

I see two main scenarios (given the points system which disadvantages Maria) -

1. Maria wins the AO and Justine therefore loses #1 to her very quickly.
2. Justine goes further at the AO than Maria and doesn't lose it until at least after Wimbledon and possibly not till the indoor season, if then.

Totally agree with your analyses, saki.

If Justine wins AO and improves on her claycourt & IW/Miami results (all quite likely to happen) she can conceivably stay #1 for the entire 2007! :worship: :eek:

PatrickRyan
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:01 PM
after wimby

SAEKeithSerena
Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
she'll lose it to maria sharapova in february.

LoveFifteen
Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:47 AM
so why don't u just use such kind of "dark humor" on ur fave ?:tape:

stop making a buffoon out of urself, u freaking jerk :lol:

I make "dark-humored" jokes about Martina and Serena all the time. :shrug:

DavyJone96431
Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
Well since Juju has to defend Syndney and AO final while Maria only has AO semis, juju may lose #1 ranking briefly, but psssh, she will get it back as sure as dementieva loves being a bitch ;)

pooh14
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:02 AM
I do believe that the next heir to the WTA Throne will be Princess Maria herself, but it might take a couple of years to wrestle it away from Justine (should Justine stay healthy).

currently it looks as Maria will be the next dominant force, but i woudn't be too sure either.

She might dominate for a year, but we always have new players coming out. Ana Ivanovic has alot of potential, Nicole Vandisova, Jankovic and Ana C all look promising, however whether they can live up to the hype is another thing we have to look at

Shonami Slam
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
for all the math wiz-kidz out there (annak4ever ahm ahm, worship worship):
what are the scenarios for Kuznetsova having a go at it?

Andy.
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:21 AM
After Masha wins the Australian Open :p ;)

Neptune
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:28 AM
IMO,Maria is a very "interchangeable" player.She can be Number one but when a new player who looks like her will enter on the circuit,the new player will be the new terror.It don't change the fact Maria is a great player with an awesome palmares for her age.
I hope Henin will don't lose her ranking.She does a lot for women's game at this time.

Il Primo!
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
Id say after Dubaï

jerry yan 08
Dec 24th, 2006, 06:57 AM
:) never !juju forever is no.1
justine will winner ........... juju is no.1

:devil: :sad: sharapova will lost

Shoulderpova
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:21 PM
:) never !juju forever is no.1
justine will winner ........... juju is no.1

:devil: :sad: sharapova will lost

sharapova will winner :wavey:
juju will lost:devil:
;) ;)

GrafMariaPetraK
Dec 24th, 2006, 04:33 PM
i hope she loses it to maria

jerry yan 08
Dec 31st, 2006, 08:18 AM
sharapova will lost :wavey:

never ........................
:)justine henin will win in 4 grand slam in 2007

ms will lost ..........

ioni
Dec 31st, 2006, 08:28 AM
never ........................
:)justine henin will win in 4 grand slam in 2007

ms will lost ..........

your signature hurts my eyes ..i could go blind ...:p ..you can make it bigger and more colourful but she ain't gonna win 4 Grand Slams . into the final of 4grand slams maybe , win all of them, in your dreams or in your signature only :p