PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Pratt recieved a wildcard. Gold Coast Wild-Card Play-offs have been announced!

Brett.
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:36 AM
Gold Coast, December 21 - Queenslander Nicole Pratt has been awarded a wildcard into the main draw of the Mondial Australian Women’s Hardcourts, tournament organisers announced today.

The 33-year-old, from Mackay in Queensland, will receive one of three main draw wildcards into the event. A local favourite among fans, Pratt will be making her ninth appearance on the Gold Coast.

Pratt had an impressive year on tour moving back inside the world’s top 80 after finishing 2005 outside the top 100. Her highlights included a win over rising star Tatiana Golovin en route to a third round showing at Wimbledon and a quarterfinal appearance at the tier I event in Montreal.

Nicole Pratt will be making her ninth appearance on the Gold Coast.

An impressive field of young players has also been announced for the Australian wildcard playoff. Eight players, five of whom are direct entries and three wildcards, will contest the playoff on the 27-28 December at Royal Pines Resort.

The field includes Queenslanders Isabella Holland and Shannon Golds with the winner receiving direct entry into the tournament’s main draw.

Tournament director Liz Smylie said the playoff was a excellent way to give some promising Australian players the chance to compete with the best.

“The playoff is a great opportunity for young girls to earn their spot in the main draw,” said Smylie. “The initiative was a real success when it began at the last tournament so we’re very pleased to be continuing it this year.

“One of the most important parts of the Australian Open Series tournaments is the opportunities they provide for aspiring Australian players. The winner is sure to gain valuable experience being amongst a field that includes 11 of the world’s top 30 players.”

The recipient of the third main draw wildcard is yet to be decided. The field for the wildcard playoff is:
Sophie Ferguson (NSW)
Monique Adamczak (NSW)
Lauren Breadmore (VIC)
Trudi Musgrave (NSW)
Emily Hewson (NSW)
WC Alison Bai (ACT)
WC Isabella Holland (QLD)
WC Shannon Golds (QLD)

Brett.
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:36 AM
GO SOPH! :rocker:

aussie_fan
Dec 21st, 2006, 06:00 AM
Why isn't Jess Moore in this playoff? espcially after her effort this week. Geez, some of the decisions made confuse me.

Good to see Nicole Pratt got a direct WC, she deserved it.

Brett.
Dec 21st, 2006, 06:01 AM
Oh yeh - thats pretty obvious that she did not want to join in! That's a shock for me!

jas_aussie
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:16 AM
who got one other than pratt

Drake1980
Dec 21st, 2006, 04:52 PM
Nicole:banana:

gillibean
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
YEAH go soph!

Brett.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:17 AM
I hope Soph will defend this again! ;)

Dani12
Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:08 AM
Soph will win, I hope Isabella does well ;)

Alicia Rocks
Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:17 AM
Go Sophie :D

OZTENNIS
Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:27 AM
Why havent Casey, Shayna or Jess been invited to the play-off! A bit silly if u ask me...

aussie_fan
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:46 AM
Why havent Casey, Shayna or Jess been invited to the play-off! A bit silly if u ask me...

i didn't realize casey wasn't in there, what a stupid move, i thought the decision of jess moore not being there was bad enough, casey isn't in there either, very, very silly.

Ben.
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:57 AM
yeah, dunno why moore wasn't on the list. maybe the list for the wildcard play-off were made earlier before the AO wildcard playoff.

AUSBOY
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:08 AM
Casey is already in qualifying as a play in!

SeanyQ
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Casey is already in qualifying as a play in!

Fair enough point if this was a Qualifying WC Playoff!!

Alicia Rocks
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:08 AM
Maybe she wanted to play quallies :shrug:

Mattographer
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
Best of luck to Trudi! :kiss: Bash up on Sophie if you can ;)

AUSBOY
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Fair enough point if this was a Qualifying WC Playoff!!

Doesn't TA have a policy whereby you have to accept play-in WC's unless your rank gets you in direct??

Also hasn't Jessica Moore already got a qualifying WC for winning nationals??
Yet again another fixed arrangement leaving her out of the contest

ozfan44
Dec 23rd, 2006, 03:43 AM
Doesn't TA have a policy whereby you have to accept play-in WC's unless your rank gets you in direct??

Also hasn't Jessica Moore already got a qualifying WC for winning nationals??
Yet again another fixed arrangement leaving her out of the contest

I was thinking the same thing Simon.

Casey had 3rd round qualy points to defend from last year here! Hopefully she can do well in qualies and work herself into the main draw and get her summer off to a flyer!

If Jess hasn't been given a wildcard already for qualies, either TA is thick or she might play one of the junior events on around the place at this time????

Great to see Em Hewson get in here, hopefully this means she will also get a qualies wildcard for aussie open.

Sophie should win this, but would love to see Monique or Trudi get up! Also fingers crossed Shannon and Lauren play each other at some stage, i will be able to see the fireworks from WA lol

Kai
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:47 AM
good luck emily :D

Yarden
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Good luck Soph :kiss: :)

alwayshingis
Dec 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Shouldn't the WC playoff have started by now? Does anyone know what happened?

SeanyQ
Dec 26th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Shouldn't the WC playoff have started by now? Does anyone know what happened?

According to the TA website, the playoff's are today & tomorrow. I'll be going & presuming it'll be starting in about 2.5 hours.

alwayshingis
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:09 PM
According to the TA website, the playoff's are today & tomorrow. I'll be going & presuming it'll be starting in about 2.5 hours.

Thanks. Have fun!

Brett.
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Hope SOph will win today! ;)