PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova, Msykina, Hantuchova, and Kournikova...

JadeFox
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Are all apart on Sports Illustrated's 20 Best Looking Female Athletes List on SI.com.

The link's below.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/12/19/hot_landing/index.html

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:40 PM
They picked the worst pic of Daniela to put on there! :o .. she looks horrible... should have gone with the US Open Glam Slam Pics

LH2HBH
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Are all apart on Sports Illustrated's 20 Best Looking Female Athletes List on SI.com.

The link's below.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/12/19/hot_landing/index.html

Nice to see Anna Kournikova is still considered to be a professional athlete. I guess the definition is 'paid to participate in sport' (WTT).

Other than that, I have to agree with their 4 choices of beautiful women for tennis players.

By the way - I like your username.

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:42 PM
does Marissa Miller know any other words apart from

"she's really cute" :rolls:

JadeFox
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:46 PM
By the way - I like your username.

tennisfan5
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:46 PM
some of the guys they chose are :scared:

goldenlox
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:49 PM
They have Anna and Beckham on the cnnsi.com home page, and the scorecard page

http://i.cnn.net/si/2006/images/12/19/hottest_550X100.jpgYou have to love a beauty contest in which the judges are better-looking than the contestants.

But they voted 2 storks ahead of her. :rolleyes:

The_Pov
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:00 PM

http://i.cnn.net/si/2006/images/12/19/hottest_550X100.jpgYou have to love a beauty contest in which the judges are better-looking than the contestants.

Ooh looks like someone's got their knickers in a twist because their fave was beaten by the person they dspise most in the world. :rolls:

goldenlox
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Like I care about this. :rolleyes: They'll have another list about something else tomorrow.
They knew who to put on the home page.

Il Primo!
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Not surprising to see Maria at the top of the list. She's gorgeous, talented, bitchy, she has everything

A'DAM
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:04 PM
the choice of pics is just :rolleyes: :tape:

~Carsten~
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Gretchen Bleiler looks cute. I saw her on TV at the last Olympics.

miffedmax
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Why did I think this header was going to end "all walk into a bar and . . ."

Eh. Lena D. blows all of them and the whole stinkin' panel out of the water. On a bad hair (i.e. bangless) day.

Sefo
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Look in the dictionary, stork is just another synonym for athlete.:lol:

frenchie
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Nastya should be higher than 19th!!

congrats anyway!

JadeFox
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM

Eh. Lena D. blows all of them and the whole stinkin' panel out of the water. On a bad hair (i.e. bangless) day.

Oh Lord that title DOES look like that!:lol: .

Why they left Elena is weird to me.

Andy.
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Nice list, good to see some of our girls made it, dont know why Anna still makes these sporting lists she isnt an athlete any more.

Fired
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:38 PM
The list has no sense at all... How can a woman that looks like 40 yo and the blonde with man face be higher ranked than the gorgeous Kournikova? :o

LudwigDvorak
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Elena is kind of always "forgotten" in these lists. She's popular, but not that popular. Which is weird, because she's much more liked than Hantuchova. I guess Hantuchova just likes immersing herself in fashion more.

(Note: I like Hantuchova. Just not her face.)

Edward.
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:52 PM
LOL @ Maria being number 1. :tape:

I had no idea Anna was still an athlete.

goldenlox
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:54 PM
The #2 they got, Gabby Reece, is about 40? and retired from volleyball years ago.

Edward.
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:00 PM
The #2 they got, Gabby Reece, is about 40? and retired from volleyball years ago.

Hmm I see.

Still, I think a listing of the most attractive sportspeople should contain people who are currently competitively active in their sports. Just my 2 cents.

Reckoner
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:07 PM
That picture of Dani is :confused: & :help: & :sad: & most of all :unsure:

mirzalover
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:09 PM
who in the hell voted for these people half of the girls are average looking and the guys please marat safin is better looking than reggie bush and thierry henry or whatever his last name is and matt leinart is butt ugly and omeka okafar is not even in the top fourty let alone top 20

goldenlox
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:16 PM
who in the hell voted for these people half of the girls are average looking and the guys please marat safin is better looking than reggie bush and thierry henry or whatever his last name is and matt leinart is butt ugly and omeka okafar is not even in the top fourty let alone top 20
This website has a top 10 list on that scorecard page almost every day.
It' not an important list.

go hingis
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Go Alissa Camplin Number 7! The only Aussie!

If there still going to include Anna they should give her the top spot, I think Maria's beautiful but she's no Anna Kournikova.

Andy.
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I dont think Anna anywhere near as hot as she used to be, she looks plastic and has stick insect body now. Sorry thats just my opinion I dont mean to sound Harsh, although she still has it over a lot of these girls.

goldenlox
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:08 PM

If there still going to include Anna they should give her the top spot, I think Maria's beautiful but she's no Anna Kournikova.A lot more people are going to see the home page and the scorecard page than actually go through all those pics

http://i.cnn.net/si/2006/images/12/19/hottest_550X100.jpg
You have to love a beauty contest in which the judges are better-looking than the contestants.

MyskinaManiac
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Myskina looks better than Marion Jones and that surfer chick.

alias
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:12 PM
That's funny, they use Becks and Annas face on the front page then list them 2 and 3. Myskinas body and eyes should of made her top 5. Thanfully they didn't include Natalie Gulbis...yuck.

But what's really tragic is Safin not in the top 5 and Andy Roddick ahead of him.

alias
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:14 PM
The list has no sense at all... How can a woman that looks like 40 yo and the blonde with man face be higher ranked than the gorgeous Kournikova? :o

and how did they not include Elena.:lick:

MyskinaManiac
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:17 PM

If there still going to include Anna they should give her the top spot, I think Maria's beautiful but she's no Anna Kournikova.

Alissa Camplin is so pretty... she has it all going on that girl, far prettier than most of the girls

LudwigDvorak
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:50 PM
I dunno. Reggie Bush is pretty hot. I wouldn't rate him above Safin, though. I thought they had a pretty decent men's list--they got all the hot tennis guys, at least, and several cute football ones. The top few sucked, though.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:05 AM
And Lisa Leslie looks like a man lol :eek:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:13 AM
Daniela and Nastya are OK :hearts:

I don´t like Masha , either Anna

RatedR Superstar
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:54 AM
Tanith Belbin should have been number 1

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 01:17 AM
That picture of Masha wasn't her best ... in fact neither was Dani's Anna's or Nastya's ...

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 01:17 AM
That's what I was thinking ...

morningglory
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:43 AM
#2... :tape: and all the #10+'s cept for Anastasia and Daniela... :tape: :o
That's kinda crazy :lol:

morningglory
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:48 AM
the men's side is wacko too... why is Nadal even on that list? :o Henry and Zidane should definitely by lower :o I'm surprised Becks isn't #1, the surfer dude at #1 doesn't look good in that photo at all

croat123
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:49 AM
1) i don't really think anna should qualify for this type of thing anymore
2) if you are already including her, then she is #1 by lightyears, no competition at all

star
Dec 21st, 2006, 04:24 AM
Tanith Belbin should have been number 1

Totally.

A lot of those people on both lists weren't even attractive at all :shrug:

meyerpl
Dec 21st, 2006, 05:51 AM

Well........all except for one.

lilimi
Dec 21st, 2006, 07:58 AM
1) i don't really think anna should qualify for this type of thing anymore
2) if you are already including her, then she is #1 by lightyears, no competition at all
exactly
anna is the best looking but i think she shouldn't be on the list as she retired. both lists are weird. marat should be higher, that's sure :hearts::hearts::hearts:. kelly slater was hotter some years ago. concerning sharapova, she may be sexy but not good looking, i think the girls posted on the 'sexy not famous thread' are better than her. but i'm a straight girl...

Stamp Paid
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:12 AM
"I guess I would give her a nine. Enrique Iglesias is a nice piece of ass. She's a lucky girl. She's been every man's dream so it would be wrong to give her a low grade. Plus, her name is Anna."

Hater!

Roddick & Nadal over Safin? :spit:
and how much did IMG pay for the Masha #1? :p
Good to see nastya getting props for her sexy ass. :drool:

hwanmig
Dec 21st, 2006, 08:14 AM
No Ivanovic and Dementieva :o but it's nice to see Anastasia in a list that includes 5 or 6 mannish girls and a has been tennis player.

SvetaPleaseWin.
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:14 AM
safin at 18 :eek:

.david.
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:44 PM
Yay Maria is Number 1;) They used so many bad pics.

Sasha Cohen only 18th?:tape: She should be top 3.

Mina Vagante
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:50 PM
sharapova really shouldnt have been number 1

Kipling
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:04 PM

Meow.

miffedmax
Dec 21st, 2006, 02:42 PM

Well, like another poster pointed out, Elena is not well-known outside of tennis circles.

Now, imagine your one of those judges, and someone slips a photo of Elena in front of you. Doubtless, you immediate reaction is "Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! This woman is the greatest single example of bodaciousness ever to set foot on the planet!"

Then you start to think. "Hmmm. But this divinely sublime woman, the very apex of femininity, is relatively unknown. If I vote her #1, which is to damn her with faint praise, millions of readers and web users will see how much hotter she is than I am. How embarrassing."

Then, basically to preserve your career, you pass on Elena.

The other possibility is that the editors of SI, in the spirit of competition, excluded Elena from contention, lest they end up merely printing 20 pics of her.

ioni
Dec 21st, 2006, 03:18 PM
Not surprising to see Maria at the top of the list. She's gorgeous, talented, bitchy, she has everything

for me it's surprising after all these polls other here were maria loses even to .....:angel: but i guess i've been used to live in here in the twilight zone kind of weird seeing what happens in the real world :lol: my first thought was where is justine .or sveta ,sugyiama then i realised that i'm not on the WTA forum i'm on a diferent site :lol:

the cat
Dec 21st, 2006, 06:18 PM

GL why can't you cease with your Masha envy? :eek: ;) It's no surprise Maria Sharapova routed this Tier lll field of lightweights in the looks department and made it to #1. :yeah: But Maria's road to #1 was certainly made easier without Ana Ivanovic and Elena Dementieva in the contest.

goldenlox
Dec 21st, 2006, 06:21 PM
CNNSI are the ones putting Anna's picture there, not me

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/scorecard/12/19/hot_landing/tx_hottest.jpg (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/12/19/hot_landing/index.html)
Where do David Beckham and Anna Kournikova rank in the minds of SI's swimsuit models?

Sefo
Dec 21st, 2006, 06:32 PM
Anna is not an athlete anymore.

lynnlovestennis
Dec 21st, 2006, 09:07 PM
Good gawd, I hadn't really looked at the Becks/Anna banner earlier, but damned if she doesn't remind me of that Ellen Degeneres Amex commercial where the racoon does her makeup.

Dan23
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:40 PM
who gives a sh*t about this list?

ys
Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:39 AM
No Henin? No Serena? Haters!!