PDA

View Full Version : Will Venus play in Hopman Cup?

mila_mail
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:47 AM
just wonder
is it official??????????????

Martian Stacey
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Yes, unless she decides to withdraw at the last minute.

Her position in the USA team was confirmed months ago

Jessie181
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Yes, unless she decides to withdraw at the last minute.

Her position in the USA team was confirmed months ago

Exactly.

her commitment to it was confirmed a while back.

I, for one, hope she plays unless she's injured still.

Dementieva Serve
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I hope Venus does play. If she doesn't who do you think will replace her?

Serena :lol:?

Btw I was watching TV today and I saw Serena Williams on My Wife & Kids. She was a kindergarten teacher :lol:

Martian Stacey
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I would think that she would have withdrawn by now if she was still injured, the tournament is just over a week away so she should know now whether she will be fit to play.

I'm sure that if she didn't think she could play she would alert the tournament organisers so they have time to find someone to replace her in the team.

Hopefully she does play, as she's pretty much the only star player in the women's side.

Andy.
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I really hope she does, it needs all the star power it can get. No offence to Alicia and Nadia who are terrific players but she is the only real supersar player in the event so I will be really dissapointed if she doesnt play.

Viktymise
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I would think that she would have withdrawn by now if she was still injured, the tournament is just over a week away so she should know now whether she will be fit to play.

I'm sure that if she didn't think she could play she would alert the tournament organisers so they have time to find someone to replace her in the team.

Hopefully she does play, as she's pretty much the only star player in the women's side.

I agree i doubt she's gonna pull out now so close to the event, unless her wrist is still bad and she's just hoping it gets better but she played the Mcdonalds Exo's so i think she's likely to play

The Dawntreader
Dec 20th, 2006, 10:39 AM
I hope Venus plays, its been confirmed since like June:lol:

Its the American men you have to watch out for it seems, with Dent injured, and fish always a worry in the injury department.

V-MAC
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:01 AM
I really hope Vee plays. I think Sky Sports show the Hopman Cup every year so good chance I'll get to see her play :)

Привет
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I hope Venus does play. If she doesn't who do you think will replace her?

Serena :lol:?

Btw I was watching TV today and I saw Serena Williams on My Wife & Kids. She was a kindergarten teacher :lol:

This is a coincidence, I saw that episode today too. Are you living in Australia at the moment by any chance? :lol: She had blonde hair, it was weird seeing her, haven't seen Serena on tv in a while.

new-york
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:22 AM
hopefully.:hearts:

Dementieva Serve
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah I come to Perth every three years to visit my family and usually go to the Australian Open. I actually live in Moscow :)

It was a pretty funny episode. Serena was called Miss Wiggins :lol:

Serena looked a bit fat :tape: I'm not sure when it was filmed though. Probably a little while ago.

Her acting skills are adequate but you would expect that from a tennis player. Not many people are professionals in two careers.

Well at least now we know where Serena has been all this time :rolleyes:

This is a coincidence, I saw that episode today too. Are you living in Australia at the moment by any chance? :lol: She had blonde hair, it was weird seeing her, haven't seen Serena on tv in a while.

winone23
Dec 20th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I hope Venus plays I have been looking forward to it for months.

darrinbaker00
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Yeah I come to Perth every three years to visit my family and usually go to the Australian Open. I actually live in Moscow :)

Serena looked a bit fat :tape: I'm not sure when it was filmed though. Probably a little while ago.

Her acting skills are adequate but you would expect that from a tennis player. Not many people are professionals in two careers.

Serena was still #1 when she did that, so that should tell you how long ago that was.

TomTennis
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:40 PM
I agree i doubt she's gonna pull out now so close to the event, unless her wrist is still bad and she's just hoping it gets better but she played the Mcdonalds Exo's so i think she's likely to play

yes but Venus is known for her late withdrawels. Im sure the US team have someone like Raymond on reserve. I really hope she doesnt withdraw, but if the wrist is still bad there is no point risking it.

Yes she did play the McDonals exo, but I remember reading a members post (who attend one of the matches) and sed that Vee didnt hit a sinlge double handed backhand in the match, so the wrist mustnt be fully healed :sad:

tennis ace
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM

Serena + 2002 does not = fat.

The Dawntreader
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Serena + 2002 does not = fat.

Agreed, Serena was at her physical peak in 02. If it was shot in 05- then maybe, but never 02. Looked so sexy:hearts:

.Andrew.
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Hopefully she does. I'm looking foward to watching her. Go Venus :rocker2:

PLP
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:47 PM
100% YES! :hearts:

Come on Vee! I think she has a great slice BTW and can still win titles, even w/o her 2hander IMO :cool: