PDA

View Full Version : A letter from Justine.

treufreund
Dec 19th, 2006, 09:11 PM
I have just learned that I was named Sportive de l'anee. I could not be in Ostend for the ceremony, but I want to say that this is a huge honour. I realize that it was a close race with Kim(Geavaert) and Tia having a fabulous 2006 season, and like everyone else in Belgium I was excited watching them on television winning in Gothenburg. I want to use this opportunity to congratulate them, thank you girls for giving such great sporting and emotional moments. It was fantastic to see both of you win medals at such an important event.

Thank you to the journalists who chronicled all of sporting performances from four corners of the world. I want to say thank you especially to my fellow Belgians because throughout the season, no matter where I am, I receive your messages of encouragement and I feel your support - it really touches me enormously. To see our Fed Cup team also be distinguished makes me even happier in my heart. With Kim (Clijsters), Kirsten, Caroline, Leslie and Carl, I lived an unforgettable adventure in 2006.

I wish good luck to Tia, (to both) Kims, Kirsten and with all the sportsmen, known or unknown, who are impassioned by their sport for the coming year in 2007.

From my heart,

Justine

Dutglish
Dec 19th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Textbook reply. Quickly mention that you couldn't attend and then shower everyone with compliments. Still, it's sounds friendly enough :) The press should just get off her case.

Drake1980
Dec 19th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Justine:kiss: Very nice

new-york
Dec 19th, 2006, 09:27 PM
nice words.

hopefully 2007 will be a good sport year.

Ben.
Dec 19th, 2006, 09:49 PM
justine - nice words & a class act :yeah:

vejh
Dec 20th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Nothing standard about that. it has the typical JHH intensity and meaning.

I'm sure she mentioned before that she would not be attending the ceremony. It wasn't a shock to anybody involved in the ceremony, including her FC teammates.

(Still trying to understand what is the big deal about her not attending).

stefi62
Dec 20th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Too bad they did not give it to Kim Gevaert! JHH can have it any year, this year was Kim Gevaert's year on sprint!:(

Mileen
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:09 AM
Textbook reply. Quickly mention that you couldn't attend and then shower everyone with compliments. Still, it's sounds friendly enough :) The press should just get off her case.

No, she means what she says. In your case, it would become impossible to say anything that comes across as genuine. The press should just get off her case? :rolleyes: Of course they're writing what she says - what else is the press about? (This was from her own website, by the way.)