PDA

View Full Version : WITHDRAWN-- $10,000 Stuttgart 15/01/07 --WITHDRAWN

Philip
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Jelena Withdrew today (09/01/07). :sad:

I guess the only hope now is that maybe she went to Australia...?
I only hope she starts to play again soon.... :sad:

Okay! This is it! The start of the magnificant return to the top for Jelena! :D

She is currently 2nd on the Alternates list... but surely to move up to the top of the Qualifying list I think.. maybe main draw?

But anyway, lets give lots of positivism and support to Jelena!

Vamos! :D

Belco
Dec 19th, 2006, 05:12 PM
ahh she will surely make the MD

Just Do It
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:09 PM
yeah and she will be seeded 4sure !

Just Do It
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:11 PM
By the way i think for her is better to play bigger tournaments 25k or 50k , but this is acceptable !

Good luck Jelena !!!!!!!

Highlandman
Dec 19th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Good that she is going to play in Germany.

In the new German-Tennisjournal was a article about Dokic (Dont know when this article was made):

Die Ex-Top Ten-Spielerin Jelena Dokic macht sich bei Niki Pilic in Oberschleißheim fit für die Rückkehr - bisher mit wenig Erfolg.

Ihr Name zieht noch immer:Jelena Dokic, im August 2002 die Nummer vier der Welt, brachte dem Future-Turnier in Ismaning viel Aufmerksamkeit. Mit einer Wildcard für die Qualifikation vom Veranstalter beschenkt, konnte Dokic als Nummer 615 der Welt einige Siege sammeln. Allerdings scheiterte sie im Halbfinale des Hauptfeldes n der späteren Siegerin Astrid Bester aus Italien."Jelena will wieder nach oben", versichert Martin Rutner, der an der Niki Pilic Academy in Oberschleißheim fünf Wochen mit Dokic trainiert hat. "Sie kam im Oktober zu uns, wohnte hier wie jeder andere Spieler und trainierte einige Stunden täglich", beschreibt Rutner den Alltag von Dokic in Deutschland. Nach vielen Verletzungen, Motivationsproblemen und weiteren Eskapaden ihres exzentrischen Vaters Damir, mit dem Jelena nichts mehr zu tun haben will, versucht sie in der Pilic-Academy, sich in Ruhe für ihr Comeback vorzubereiten."Wir mussten fast bei null anfangen. Es wird ein harter Weg für sie", vermutet Rutner, der früher mit Stefan Koubek arbeitete. Tennistechnisch sei sie im "Top 100-Bereich". Aber körperlich ist sie weit von ihrer Bestform entfernt. Dokic will auch im nächsten Jahr regelmäßig in Oberschleißheim trainieren- falls sie wieder auftauchen sollte. Kroatische Zeitungen hatten kurz nach dem Turnier in Ismaning gemeldet, dass Dokic entführt worden sei. Vater Damir setzte dieses Gerücht in die Wlet und vermutete, dass Tino Bikic, Jelenas Ex-Coach, hinter der Aktion stecken würde."Stimmt alles nicht", beteuerte Coach Rutner." Sie wird nächstes Jahr wieder bei uns sein."

--> She will be there again in 2007!:eek: Tomorrow I can translate the rest....

Dementieva Serve
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Wow this is great news. I really hope Jelena plays in it ...

Knowing Jelena she will either withdraw or not turn up but I really hope that will not happen (:help:)

Here is the link to the entry list: http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptanceList.asp?tournament=1100014838&event=&order=Position

Dementieva Serve
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Here is a brief translation of the article (from German to English) It's a bit jumbled up and some words didn't translate ...

The ex-Top Ten Spielerin Jelena Dokic makes itself with Niki Pilic in Oberschleissheim fit for the return - so far with little success. Their name pulls still: Jelena Dokic, in August 2002 the number four of the world, brought in Ismaning much attention to the Future tournament. Presented with a Wildcard for the qualification by the organizer, Dokic could collect some victories as number 615 of the world. However it failed in the semi-final of the main field n of the later Siegerin Astrid of best ones from Italy. “Jelena wants again upward”, insures Martin Rutner, which trained five weeks with Dokic to the Niki Pilic Academy in Oberschleissheim. “You Rutner the everyday life of Dokic came in Germany in October to us, lived here like every other player and trained some hours daily”, describes. After many injuries, motivation problems and further Eskapaden of its eccentric father Damir, with which Jelena wants to have to do nothing more, she tries in the Pilic Academy to prepare in peace for her comeback. “We had to begin nearly with zero. It a hard way for it”, assumes Rutner, which worked in former times with Stefan Koubek. It is tennis technical in the “Top 100-Bereich”. But physically it is far from their Bestform. Dokic wants also in the next year regularly in Oberschleissheim training if it to again emerge should. Croatian newspapers had announced briefly after the tournament in Ismaning that Dokic had been kidnapped. Father Damir set this rumor into the Wlet and assumed that Tino Bikic, would put Jelenas ex-Coach, behind the action. “Everything is correct not”, protested Coach Rutner.” It will be next year again with us."

Dementieva Serve
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I don't get it? Is it saying Jelena is back in the academy or something?

vutt
Dec 20th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Good that she is going to play in Germany.

In the new German-Tennisjournal was a article about Dokic (Dont know when this article was made):
.... Vater Damir setzte dieses Gerücht in die Wlet und vermutete, dass Tino Bikic, Jelenas Ex-Coach, hinter der Aktion stecken würde."Stimmt alles nicht", beteuerte Coach Rutner." Sie wird nächstes Jahr wieder bei uns sein."

Does article have journalist name under it? Maybe you can contact him/write e-mail and ask if he knows more?

Привет
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Well I agree completely with Philip, a positive attitude is what Jelena fans need to have. This is encouraging to see that Jelena has entered this tournament, and also that she might be back at the academy ?? I'm never 100% sure what is going on with Jelena. But hopefully she can just work things out before the new year, and this would be a good step for her. Starting right at the bottom is risky, she can either win the tournament and then start taking bigger steps entering higher tournaments, or she could lose early and suffer a massive confidence blow and experience alot of self doubt.

Dementieva Serve
Dec 20th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I agree. She lost so much confidence after the AO 2006 loss - can you imagine what it would be like if she lost in the first round of a $10K ITF tournament :o

She was lucky to survive her first round qualifying match at $10K ITF Ismaning in October because her opponent retired early in the third set :o

Well I agree completely with Philip, a positive attitude is what Jelena fans need to have. This is encouraging to see that Jelena has entered this tournament, and also that she might be back at the academy ?? I'm never 100% sure what is going on with Jelena. But hopefully she can just work things out before the new year, and this would be a good step for her. Starting right at the bottom is risky, she can either win the tournament and then start taking bigger steps entering higher tournaments, or she could lose early and suffer a massive confidence blow and experience alot of self doubt.

Just Do It
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Oh i think she will for sure play here !!!

Just Do It
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Jelena Dokuc AUS 600 !!! Soon she will be out of top600 :help: :help: :help:

Philip
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Jelena Dokuc AUS 600 !!! Soon she will be out of top600 :help: :help: :help:
I know! Its amazing to think that 4 points is so important to the girls down at the 600's!

But I'm feeling something good for Jelena this year, and I think she will get to top 100! :D

:)

Philip
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Also, Jelena has moved up 1 place in the alternates list to the top! :)

Highlandman
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Does article have journalist name under it? Maybe you can contact him/write e-mail and ask if he knows more?

A friend copyed this article. I will buy the tennis-journal tomorrow for myself and there I can see it;)

JimM
Dec 20th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I dont care if she only played a 1k tournie, as long as she plays and wins!

Go Jelena in 2007 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

And please turn up, or your fines will soon be more than you win :)

Dementieva Serve
Dec 21st, 2006, 12:37 AM
:lol:

And please turn up, or your fines will soon be more than you win :)

Philip
Dec 21st, 2006, 07:37 PM
Jelena into the Qualifying list :dance: :D

auntie janie
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:46 PM
With the new ranking system, Jelena will have to reach the 2nd round of the main draw to earn any points at all. Let's hope she can do that easily ...

The article seems to be saying that Jelena will return to Pilic's academy next year. Maybe they have reached some kind of agreement that they can both live with, after all. I really hope that turns out to be the case, because training with Borna Bikic is going to get Jelena nowhere. Especially if she has to worry about being attacked by ignorant punks every time she tries to practice. :(

auntie janie
Dec 21st, 2006, 10:50 PM
Anyway, I strongly recommend that people refrain from posting this story in General Messages until something actually happens. All the crazy stories and speculation appearing in GM are only turning more people against Jelena. Just my opinion!

Dementieva Serve
Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:33 AM
Go Jelena :woohoo:

Привет
Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:11 AM
I dont care if she only played a 1k tournie, as long as she plays and wins!
Here Here! Hopefully it won't get that sad though, 10K should be a starting block, but Jelena better work hard to improve on that.

vutt
Dec 22nd, 2006, 08:21 AM
Anyway, I strongly recommend that people refrain from posting this story in General Messages until something actually happens. All the crazy stories and speculation appearing in GM are only turning more people against Jelena. Just my opinion!

Agreed!

Mr.Kardashian
Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
please play jelena......... i wont get my hopes up but please play!

Just Do It
Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
With the new ranking system, Jelena will have to reach the 2nd round of the main draw to earn any points at all. Let's hope she can do that easily ...

The article seems to be saying that Jelena will return to Pilic's academy next year. Maybe they have reached some kind of agreement that they can both live with, after all. I really hope that turns out to be the case, because training with Borna Bikic is going to get Jelena nowhere. Especially if she has to worry about being attacked by ignorant punks every time she tries to practice. :(

Where can i find that article ?

auntie janie
Dec 22nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Where can i find that article ?

The article posted by Highlandman on the first page of this thread. See posts #5 and #7.

Just Do It
Dec 22nd, 2006, 07:41 PM
naaaaah that article is old :zzz:

deslons
Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:35 PM
:fiery: jelena please come back to the top, i know yu can do it! :bounce: :kiss: :wavey: :angel: :worship: :) ;) :lick:

deslons
Dec 23rd, 2006, 09:08 AM
is jelena going back to pilic's academy or not?:confused:

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:03 AM
we dont know, but hardly belive she will go there again...

vutt
Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:28 AM
Pilic sounded pretty pissed off last time, so I don't think it's up to Jelena any more...

deslons
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:02 AM
:sad:

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:08 AM
I'am not that disappointed...i mean she is still training in Zagreb. That is something i guess :shrug:

If she really wants to come back she will succeed no matter who her coach is !

deslons
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:12 AM
true. i just cant wait untill stuttgart now. i hope she can win the whole thing. Jelena is my favourite player

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:18 AM
I see you are new on the wtaworld ! Tell us something about you :)

deslons
Dec 23rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
i have a sexy body, huge penis and love Jelena! is that the sort of thing?;)

:lol: im a student whos doing lots of studying at the moment, which sucks:(

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
i have a sexy body, huge penis and love Jelena! is that the sort of thing?

:haha: Yeah, something like that. Where are you from ? :)

Babolatpro880
Dec 23rd, 2006, 02:58 PM
I have barely been following Jelena during the offseason, because I can't stand all the BS threads being posted in GM.

She probably entered Stuttgart while she was still at Pilic's, so there's no guarantee she'll actually turn up.

That's just my pessimistic opinion.

deslons
Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:01 PM
I have barely been following Jelena during the offseason, because I can't stand all the BS threads being posted in GM.

She probably entered Stuttgart while she was still at Pilic's, so there's no guarantee she'll actually turn up.

That's just my pessimistic opinion.

yeah im not sure if she'll play either, but i have my fingers crossed;)

Just Do It
Dec 23rd, 2006, 04:44 PM
Be optimistic :)

Mr.Kardashian
Dec 24th, 2006, 11:59 AM
im optimistic... i love jelena and hope she can get back to the top some day... shes still young and she can do it... and playing in stuttgart would be a good start

Ben.
Dec 24th, 2006, 12:39 PM
since some of us r starting to be positive towards jelena :) which is great so i will finally speak out bout her. i really do hope that she puts in the effort (doesn't matter who's coaching her) to have a shot at doing well in this particular tourney & that most importantly she is happy.

if she's happy then she will enjoy playing tennis a lot more than she has in ages & put in solid results. go jelena :yeah:

Just Do It
Dec 25th, 2006, 12:23 PM
24 DOKIC, Jelena AUS 587 ---- Qualifying !

Philip
Dec 26th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Jelena now needs 18 Withdrawls to make the MD :)

Just Do It
Dec 26th, 2006, 01:55 PM
She will be in before Christmas :bounce:

Highlandman
Dec 26th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Jelena now needs 18 Withdrawls to make the MD :)

She will!;) :p

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Please play Jeca!

...and go back to Pilic's too, that would be amazing.

Cat's Pajamas
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Her ranking is going to plummit after not playing in the Australian events.

Just Do It
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:26 PM
oh yes, that why she must play and WIN this tournament !!!

vutt
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Her ranking is going to plummit after not playing in the Australian events.

LOL! Are you talking about huge 1 (NZ event 1st round) + 2 (OZ open first round) points she got last OZ summer? ;)

Just Do It
Dec 26th, 2006, 08:44 PM
3 points ... its a lot for Jelena ! She will drop about 50 places because of that 3 (fucking) points !

Привет
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Play Jelena! For goodness sake just play.

Ben.
Dec 26th, 2006, 11:35 PM
come on jelena :yeah:

Philip
Dec 28th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Jelena still in the qualifying list at number 15 :)

Mr.Kardashian
Dec 29th, 2006, 04:07 AM
please play jelena...

Philip
Dec 30th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Jelena still in the entry lists :)
#11 in quallies now.

Just Do It
Dec 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM
stay there :armed:

MilanDokic
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:01 PM
I have heard Jelena is preparing a BIG suprise, but I don't know what is it!

JimM
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:18 PM
"I have heard Jelena is preparing a BIG suprise, but I don't know what is it!"

Given recent events, I shudder too think what this new revelation might be.

Just Do It
Dec 30th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah, one guy (Karolina Sprem fan ) who is from Zagreb said that.I really belive him, because he know almost everything about Jelena, dont know why ! Guys who visit Jelena Dokic online know that ;)

Привет
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:01 AM
Are these the same people that "know" everything about Jelena that told us she was getting her breasts downsized & that she was kidnapped...

Philip
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:04 AM
a big suprise? :scared:

hopefully a good one... like she took a WC into the AO :angel: ;)

Ben.
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:15 AM
these next news updates bout jelena or whatever better be positive. enough said from me.

Just Do It
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:21 AM
Are these the same people that "know" everything about Jelena that told us she was getting her breasts downsized & that she was kidnapped...

no ! :angel:

Ambition
Dec 31st, 2006, 12:52 PM
10th on the qualies list ...

Philip
Dec 31st, 2006, 05:43 PM
hmmm... Jelena should make the Main draw... there are 11 players above where stuttgart is not their first choice... and i guess there will be a few more withdraws within the next week, along with people who dont show.

I only hope Jelena is not one of the no show-ers ;)

Привет
Dec 31st, 2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah she better play. Philip - if only Jelena would surprise us like that! :lol: It would make me very happy though :D

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 1st, 2007, 10:25 AM
this BIB SURPRISE makes me nervous... i hope she isnt retiring or marrying bikic or something.... do we know when it will be announced or if its just a rumour? oh and jelena please play in stuttgart surprise us all and show up cause if you do i know u will win =)

Dokic Pierce
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:12 PM
I have an awful feeling Jelena is going to announce a pregnancy! :eek:

God I hope I'm wrong, it's just a funny feeling. :sad:

Cankarlo
Jan 1st, 2007, 01:55 PM

I thought that too...:( Hopefully we will be wrong.

Just Do It
Jan 1st, 2007, 06:11 PM

:scared:

Just Do It
Jan 1st, 2007, 06:43 PM
Ban :angel:

Just Do It
Jan 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM
have you seen 'i-love-spunk' on jelenas website, sooooo funny

That is rude !

Highlandman
Jan 1st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah, one guy (Karolina Sprem fan ) who is from Zagreb said that.I really belive him, because he know almost everything about Jelena, dont know why ! Guys who visit Jelena Dokic online know that ;)

Most of Sprem-fans are Dokic-fans;)

Highlandman
Jan 1st, 2007, 07:16 PM
No but I wanna know it:p

I dont hope that it isnt sth like that she eats a pizza, tomatos or paprika :lol: :lol: :help: :tape:

Just Do It
Jan 1st, 2007, 07:26 PM
Most of Sprem-fans are Dokic-fans

yes, but i said : his nick name is Karolina Sprem fan ;)

Highlandman
Jan 1st, 2007, 07:59 PM
Most of Sprem-fans are Dokic-fans

yes, but i said : his nick name is Karolina Sprem fan ;)

Ok:lol: :lol:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:27 AM
im dying to know what this surprise is...

Philip
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Just been away for a couple of days and Jelena has jumped to first seed of the qualifying :D :dance:

Looks like Jelena will be in the main draw, like some said for sure at the beginning ;) :D

Philip
Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Well... if Jelena is serious and dedicated as she said she was to get back to the top 100... a pregnancy would not help :scared: :p

Just Do It
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
Looks like Jelena will be in the main draw, like some said for sure at the beginning

yes, and she will be seeded ;)

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:46 PM
wouldnt it be a great surprise if she actually played... i would be soo happy!

Dokic Pierce
Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:27 AM
wouldnt it be a great surprise if she actually played... i would be soo happy!

I hope that this is the suprise! :confused:

When are we going to find out?

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:53 AM
Please play Jelena :awww:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 3rd, 2007, 02:47 AM
AJDE JECA!!! play here and rock it! :D

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:37 AM
yeah please play jelly... but more importantly tell your loyal fans what your big news is lol...

vutt
Jan 3rd, 2007, 01:01 PM
I think the best indication will she play here or not would be her following weeks schedule. If she is not commited to play more tournies then this one is probably Pilic academy "leftover".
I wonder why ITF have not published them so far. Stuttgart commitments list was aviable 1 month before tournament begins. Hm...

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Now i know what is the suprise : her coach BORNA BIKIC will spend next 10months in a prison !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nacional.hr/articles/view/30218/8/

http://www.net.hr/sport/page/2007/01/02/0546006.html

Philip
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Now i know what is the suprise : her coach BORNA BIKIC will spend next 10months in a prison !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nacional.hr/articles/view/30218/8/

http://www.net.hr/sport/page/2007/01/02/0546006.html
:eek: what did he do? ... oh jesus...

Philip
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Dokic is on the alternates list for Capriolo 25K in Italy the week after here... :)

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Great News !!!

Tennace
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
YES!!!!!! Borna is in jail!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :tape: :woohoo:

Time for some great results Jelena! :yeah:

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
:eek: what did he do? ... oh jesus...

he took 30 000 ex German Marks of one woman from Zagreb, and he promised her that he will buy her new car in Germany, but he just vanished withmoney

:eek:

Just Do It
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM

but who will she train with now when Borna is in jail ??? She must play tennis every day because soon the season will start for her !

Tenis Srbija
Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:57 PM
With Tin :tape: :tape: :tape:

Why do I have a feeling that she won turn up in Sttutgart :sobbing:

Привет
Jan 4th, 2007, 12:39 AM

Yay! HaHa. Oh well maybe this might force Jelena to find another coach, one who can help her get back to the top 100.
but who will she train with now when Borna is in jail ??? She must play tennis every day because soon the season will start for her !
See what I said above. ^^
With Tin :tape: :tape: :tape:

Why do I have a feeling that she won turn up in Sttutgart :sobbing:
Be positive! No good going around being negative about Jelena. We need to be positive and just hope that this is all for the good of her career, and that 2007 will be the year that she gets herself together and climbs the rankings.

Philip
Jan 4th, 2007, 01:20 AM
he took 30 000 ex German Marks of one woman from Zagreb, and he promised her that he will buy her new car in Germany, but he just vanished withmoney

:eek:
Well... does not surprise me with all i hear of these brothers... :tape:

At least he wont be taking Jelena's money whilst hes in jail... only Tino to do that.. but as long as she is happy..! :)

Still hope she shows in Germany.. now she has entered the main draw she doesnt need to sign in to get in the draw :tape:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 4th, 2007, 01:22 AM
LOL Borna, what a fool :haha:

Start playing Jelena!!! AJDE!!

JimM
Jan 4th, 2007, 05:27 AM
I wish she would get rid of those Borna crooks. They are destroying her.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 4th, 2007, 06:49 AM
o god... jelenas life is just like a soap opera... perhaps a movie should be made? lol

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 5th, 2007, 02:41 AM
It'll be really interesting to see if she actually shows up and plays here.

Please, Jelena... please.

Philip
Jan 6th, 2007, 01:52 AM
just out of curiosity, do you think jelena will get into the capriolo quallies being so far down the alternates list? :shrug:

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:32 AM
just out of curiosity, do you think jelena will get into the capriolo quallies being so far down the alternates list? :shrug:

I'm not sure I wouldn't think so. But I would bet they would give her a WC :shrug:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Who knows if she'd take that WC though, as someone mentioned, there is a limit.

The closer the date comes to this Stuttgart event the less I think Jelena will show up. :o

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:40 AM
How many wildcards can one player have during one season?

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 6th, 2007, 06:43 AM
I honestly dont know, there are all kinds of specific rules for certain players and different ones for others. I havent a clue how any of it works. :o

Just Do It
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I think fot ITF tournaments players dont have limit for wild cards, only for WTA, but I'm not sure :p

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM
not too long to go till this stuttgart tournie is due to start...although i wont get my hopes up i would be very happy if she plays...

Just Do It
Jan 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
when is wd deadline ?

Dokic Pierce
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:38 PM
So we never found out what Jelena's surprise was then?

jamatthews
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I think fot ITF tournaments players dont have limit for wild cards, only for WTA, but I'm not sure :p

ITF do have limits but it counts seperate to the WTA WCs she can get. SHe can have 6 ITF WCs, and 3 of them can be Main Draw.

vutt
Jan 6th, 2007, 12:59 PM
So we never found out what Jelena's surprise was then?

Probably that "Borna going to jail for 10 months" stuff.
However if that's true then I'm surprised that Aussie tabloids have not picked up that story. I mean they love drama and they should have tennis related news high season right now. Hm..

Привет
Jan 7th, 2007, 12:30 AM
:lol: @ vutt. Aussie tabloids don't really care about tennis, but newspapers & the like do have some tennis news this time of year, only really about the Australia circuit though, and Lleyton, who sacked his coach or something :confused:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 7th, 2007, 06:04 AM
yeah lleyton is always in the papers this time of year... noone else is though which is stupid..... yeah we never found out bout this "Surprise"? o well... maybe its that she is going to play in stuttgart... now that would b gr8

Inspiration
Jan 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Maybe the surprise is she will stop withdrawing from tournaments :lol:

Tennace
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I was kind of hoping the surprise was she got a WC in the AO, I doubt that happened though :o

Just Do It
Jan 7th, 2007, 04:56 PM
I was kind of hoping the surprise was she got a WC in the AO, I doubt that happened though :o

ya right :haha:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:42 AM
yeah thats not it becasue the final wildcard went to jessica moore i think? but yeah hopefully well get some good news on jelena shortly

Inspiration
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I guess Jelena's surprise could be she is getting an AO QWC but that is very unlikely seeing as she already said she won't be playing in AO qualies and she is entered in Stuttgart anyway ...

Just Do It
Jan 8th, 2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=279942

Go and vote !!!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM
1 week away...

Tennace
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:42 AM
I guess Jelena's surprise could be she is getting an AO QWC but that is very unlikely seeing as she already said she won't be playing in AO qualies and she is entered in Stuttgart anyway ...

She has been known for changing her mind :tape:

Like how she went from wanting to get back to top 30 to wanting to get back to top 100 :tape:

There are still 6 QWCs left I think, and I think there might be 1 more MDWC left :eek:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 9th, 2007, 03:56 AM
She's not gonna play the AO, guys.

Just Do It
Jan 9th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Yeah, because she will play this tournament in Stuttgart :unsure:

Inspiration
Jan 9th, 2007, 09:08 AM
... and win it :yeah:

Yeah, because she will play this tournament in Stuttgart :unsure:

Philip
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Jelena withdrew from here today... :(

Philip
Jan 9th, 2007, 02:33 PM
She remains on the Capriolo alternates list however the week after..

Just Do It
Jan 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Jelena withdrew from here today...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

oh maybe she will play AO :unsure:

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 9th, 2007, 08:55 PM
What a huge surprise.

:rolleyes:

Dokic Pierce
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Jelena withdrew from here today...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

oh maybe she will play AO :unsure:

You never know - when does qualifying start?

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:40 PM
If Jelena accepted any type of a WC into the AO, it would have been announced by now, trust me. Stop getting your hopes up. She's not playing.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 10th, 2007, 12:31 AM
awww jelena... u better be training ur butt off!!!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 10th, 2007, 01:44 AM
awww jelena... u better be training ur butt off!!!
LOL, yeah right...

Cat's Pajamas
Jan 10th, 2007, 01:51 AM
There's no way she's in Australia. She couldn't afford to make such a trip, and I never thought she would play this event anyways. Just keep telling us about how much you want to be back at the top again Jelena, we take it to heart. :hearts: :rolleyes:

Inspiration
Jan 10th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Who else is sick of Jelena saying "I'm going to return to the top blah blah blah."

We have been waiting for three years for you to return to the top :sobbing:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 10th, 2007, 02:16 AM
yup i know what you mean... but shes still young.. it might take another 3 years but im sure shell get there again... i think... i hope... i wish... lol

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 10th, 2007, 02:30 AM
That's my biggest issue. She encourages her fans by saying how badly she wants to get back to the top and how much she believes she can... and then when it comes to actually committing to playing a schedule and working for it... NEVER.

Inspiration
Jan 10th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Tell me about it :rolleyes:

That's my biggest issue. She encourages her fans by saying how badly she wants to get back to the top and how much she believes she can... and then when it comes to actually committing to playing a schedule and working for it... NEVER.

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 10th, 2007, 03:34 AM
and yet we cant help but love her... its sad isnt it

Inspiration
Jan 10th, 2007, 04:54 AM
If Jelena has this many fans ranked in the 500s, can you imagine how many fans she would have if she could get back into the top 10?

**Dreams**

Dokic Pierce
Jan 11th, 2007, 12:13 AM
What I don't understand is how someone like Jelena, who appears to be intelligent, simply doesn't enlist the help of someone, especially from Australia to get her back to the top.

I doubt she is on the povertly line, she is probably asset rich but cash poor. Sell the house and take a gamble, if you believe in yourself then you have to do it otherwise she will die wondering...

Surely she can see that she needs a coach, and she needs to play, no matter how far, how much money, how fat she might be, blah blah blah.

I don't understand why she can't see this? She has quoted Mary Pierce as an inspiration for her at times but she isn't acting like a Mary Pierce. When Mary came back after her lay off in 2001/2 she was mega fat, at the AO she was huge, but she still played, still battled away and then look what happened in 2005, two grand slam finals.

I just don't get it from Jelena. When she speaks, she seems so intelligent and on top of things, but it must be a front or she mustn't really want to come back?

Why all these withdrawals?

She needs:

1. A coach (NOT someone in her comfort zone like the Bikic brothers)
2. To commit and play!

It's as simple as that. Using the brain with the coach then testing the fitness with match play. Keep slogging away at 10K, then 15K then 25K, 50K and before you know it, summer 07 will come on and she can get wild cards into all aussie tourney's to set her up for AO 2008.

It seems a perect plan to me no? :sad:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 11th, 2007, 03:13 AM
yeah it does sound good... too good though...

Inspiration
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:32 AM
That sounds like a great idea. Jelena obviously has a different opinion :rolleyes:

What I don't understand is how someone like Jelena, who appears to be intelligent, simply doesn't enlist the help of someone, especially from Australia to get her back to the top.

I doubt she is on the povertly line, she is probably asset rich but cash poor. Sell the house and take a gamble, if you believe in yourself then you have to do it otherwise she will die wondering...

Surely she can see that she needs a coach, and she needs to play, no matter how far, how much money, how fat she might be, blah blah blah.

I don't understand why she can't see this? She has quoted Mary Pierce as an inspiration for her at times but she isn't acting like a Mary Pierce. When Mary came back after her lay off in 2001/2 she was mega fat, at the AO she was huge, but she still played, still battled away and then look what happened in 2005, two grand slam finals.

I just don't get it from Jelena. When she speaks, she seems so intelligent and on top of things, but it must be a front or she mustn't really want to come back?

Why all these withdrawals?

She needs:

2. To commit and play!

It's as simple as that. Using the brain with the coach then testing the fitness with match play. Keep slogging away at 10K, then 15K then 25K, 50K and before you know it, summer 07 will come on and she can get wild cards into all aussie tourney's to set her up for AO 2008.

It seems a perect plan to me no? :sad:

vutt
Jan 11th, 2007, 09:03 AM

I'm afraid that's true. She said recently in one of her interviews that during Damir time she did not go even to movies to often. That made me think that with her kind of personality this is the only way. If she is not ready to give up most of her outside tennis life then she will not return into top 100 tennis.

Just Do It
Jan 11th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Guys, we should find Jelena !!!!

DokicForever
Jan 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
haha i agree haha

vutt
Jan 11th, 2007, 07:42 PM

We should somehow take care of Bikic problem and she will resurface again for sure!

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:48 PM
:scratch:

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 11th, 2007, 08:56 PM
we should kidnap her and put her thru a bootcamp... although i think id ask for her autograph first lol

Dokic Pierce
Jan 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM
We call all write a letter to Jelena telling her how much we support her and want her to come back but that she needs to get a coach and play lots more!

Then we can find her!

Mr.Kardashian
Jan 12th, 2007, 04:41 AM
where would u write the letter to? maybe the evil damir is better for jelena then we think? come back soon jely

King Aaron
Jan 12th, 2007, 05:24 PM
:yawn: Well done Jelena. :rolleyes:

vutt
Jan 12th, 2007, 07:37 PM
We call all write a letter to Jelena telling her how much we support her and want her to come back but that she needs to get a coach and play lots more!

We have already done that last year and sadly it did not help at all :(